Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: When it's done.  (Read 1136 times)

Bullion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
When it's done.
« on: March 22, 2008, 12:07:00 pm »

what will toady do when Df is done? will he go onto something new? will he have a child name it Toady Two? will he go and live in the mountains with midgets?

or will it never be finished?

What do you think he'll do?

Outlandish suggestions welcome.

Bullion cancels witty informative post: Interrupted by Logic

Narushima

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: When it's done.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 12:55:00 pm »

DF will never be done. Never.

Bricktop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 01:16:00 pm »

I think he will declare war on another galaxy (these is, of course, going on the priciple that when DF is finished, Toady will be an immortal, god-like tyrant ruling over our entire galaxy from his *<<Dolomite>>*)
When the war is declared, Toady himself will slaughter the enemies with his !!Steel Greatsword!! while destroying their cities by pelting them with Live Flies.

All citizens of this mighty civilisation (The Awe-inspring Inkynesses-Boot of roughnesstower) will all be forced to wear felsite thongs and live underground. They will occasionally be asked to produce 29 Black Diamond items, even though there will only be 19 black diamonds on that entire planet. When this demand is not met, the jeweller will say that it was the farmers, and then the farmer's friend's cousin's dog's previous owner (who is a Milker trying to get milk out of a maggot while being trampled by cows) will be hammered to death.

Oh, and threetoe will write stories in order to think up new ways of torturing the citizens.

[ March 22, 2008: Message edited by: Bricktop ]

[ March 22, 2008: Message edited by: Bricktop ]

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 03:21:00 pm »

Lets just hope he doesnt lose enthusiasm, drive, determination, or finds a wife.....Keep them donations rolling in so he can buy plenty of beer and not think of these things.....
quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

shadow_archmagi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 05:40:00 pm »

DF won't be done. It will simply proceed until all factors have been accounted for and installing it absorbs your mind into the game, putting you into a matrix-like universe.

Then, over time, it will become more realistic than reality, and far cooler too.

invention is every dwarf's middle name
that means that somewhere out there theres a dwarf named Urist Invention Mcinvention.

Tigerbunny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 05:47:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by I3erent:
<STRONG>Lets just hope he doesnt lose enthusiasm, drive, determination, or finds a wife.....Keep them donations rolling in so he can buy plenty of beer and not think of these things.....</STRONG>

thanks man, you made my day   :)
still laughing...

to topic: Why not developing an Addon?

[ March 22, 2008: Message edited by: Tigerbunny ]

LSTAR

• Bay Watcher
  • Has Sprung From Ambush!
    • View Profile
    • Second Hand News
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 05:58:00 pm »

When is the ocean done?
When is love done?
When is life done?
When is time done?
"Slaves to Ciko Suppermuffin: Goddess of Food."

The man, the blog, the manblog.

Patarak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2008, 06:04:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by LSTAR:
<STRONG>When is the ocean done?
When is love done?
When is life done?
When is time done?</STRONG>

Quit your whining dear, they'll be done shortly. In the meantime you'll have to wait.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2008, 06:16:00 pm »

When DF is finished, none of us will be alive. So don't get your hopes up.

wallish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2008, 08:35:00 pm »

Toady should start a monastic-like Order where students gather from around the world to be taught the Way of the Toad. Years of intense programming training ensue, students rising through the ranks.  This way, when Toady finally decides to free himself from his corporal being, there will be follower with which to continue the Work (DF).

Plus he could make a hell of a lot of money charging fees to attend.  Really, get enough money to rent a small compound like area, teach people YOUR coding style, turn it into an accredited programming school, maybe.  Lot's O' monies for you.

AlanL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2008, 08:43:00 pm »

Oh, you know DF will be finished and the release posted just in time for the Proxima Centauri Christmas Festival  :p

Ah, I know exactly when it'll be done: When It's Done.

Anonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2008, 01:42:00 am »

Given the level of complexity in this game, and its current version number, I'd say that Toady will probably go on to:

-Cure cancer
-Harness free energy
-Create a Theory of Everything
-Perfect space travel
-Achieve immortality

[ March 23, 2008: Message edited by: Anonymous ]

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2008, 04:14:00 am »

Here's what's going to happen:

Once he "finishes" the game, or most likely before... someone... somewhere... could be Toady, could be a rabid fanboy, could even be another developer on another game... will bring attention about DF to a publisher of some repute.

Obviously no large studio will touch this, but some smaller studios like... say... Stardock or perhaps... Microsoft? will jump on this and offer Mr. Adams an offer he can't refuse.

But Mr. Adams will accept on the condition that he maintains full control over the entire bloody process and be able to do whatever he wishes and so on and so forth.

And there will be funding, and the game will be publicly released for $90 (inflation), and there will be much happiness, and a Toad will be able to swim in money.

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2008, 07:03:00 am »

Well frankly...if I would have to make a guess...I would say version 1.0 will be released in like 6+ years if the development speed will stay as it is now.
Also v1.0 wouldnt mean that its the final game, Im pretty sure that DF will be expanded all the time after the first final release. Why? Once the game will have full graphics support and people will make decent graphics for it + the UI will be good + there will be mouse support...Toady will earn much more money probably. This game has so much potential that I cant even say it with words. I was playing in the past 5+ years with all big hits regarding comp games, and DF is far the most promising game if I compare it to those.

[ March 23, 2008: Message edited by: gimli ]

Fishersalwaysdie

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of Threads
    • View Profile
    • http://chupacabra
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2008, 07:26:00 am »

quote:
<STRONG>When is the ocean done?</STRONG>

When there is no more water.
quote:
<STRONG>When is love done?</STRONG>

When it fades away.
quote:
<STRONG>When is life done?</STRONG>

When you die.
quote:
<STRONG>When is time done?</STRONG>

2012 21th of December, 12:32:79
If I remember correctly.

quote:
Originally posted by Bullion:
<STRONG>When is DF done?</STRONG>

When Toady dies,gets sick or loses interest.
Cannot find self-destruction button, could have sworn it's somewhere here...
Pages: [1] 2