Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Save adventure mode!  (Read 848 times)

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
Save adventure mode!
« on: August 02, 2007, 01:22:00 pm »

quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

AlanL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Save adventure mode!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 01:50:00 pm »

I'm pretty sure that advertizing threads is not a good idea.

Eagle of Fire

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Fire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 02:35:00 pm »

Isn't adventure mode already planned to be worked on soon anyways?
I am on a hot streak... literally.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 02:40:00 pm »

Did I miss the announcement that someone was trying to kill it?

Or is this just an attempt to get people who only browse this forum to go to the other forum to read the very long petition thread?  As though there were any people who read this forum but not the others and never noticed the huge petition?

I'm confused.  :(

Dreamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 07:29:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Sappho:
<STRONG>

I'm confused.   :)

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲/
◄Nothing Beats Menacing►
/▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼\

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 11:32:00 pm »

I don't think adventure mode needs saving.  I AM sure it will receive the attention it deserves when Toady feels satisfied with several of the world-scale features that are being developed.  I think fortress mode receives more attention right now because it is more popular, more complex, and is pretty much what defines this game and separates it from roguelikes.  Just try to be patient!

Genuine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 12:19:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Misterstone:
<STRONG>I don't think adventure mode needs saving.  I AM sure it will receive the attention it deserves when Toady feels satisfied with several of the world-scale features that are being developed.  I think fortress mode receives more attention right now because it is more popular, more complex, and is pretty much what defines this game and separates it from roguelikes.  Just try to be patient!</STRONG>

This is true. Since adventure mode is an extension of fortress mode, fortress mode must be in good working order before Toady gets around to working on it. If you read the stuff in the dev notes you'll see that Toady has many plans for adventure mode, which will be addressed when the time is right for them.

Eagle of Fire

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Fire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007, 12:53:00 am »

I'm sure they'll be done Toadyish...  :p
I am on a hot streak... literally.

Ravendas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2007, 06:55:00 am »

Additions to Fortress mode are additions to Adventure mode. As he improves one, he improves the other. Seriously, if I were Toady, I'd start getting annoyed with these threads, because he is doing this on his own time. This is his project, let him do what he sees best for it.

Toady, keep on truckin'

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2007, 10:36:00 am »

To be honest, I dont really care about adventure mode. I guess most of us are playing this game because of the Dwarf Fortress mode. There are countless of things what must be added to DF mode. Right now DF mode is like a sandbox mode [Sim City anyone?], and its getting boring after a period. We definitely need a military / diplomacy system first of all.