Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 81

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread  (Read 106374 times)

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread
« Reply #1065 on: June 18, 2008, 06:41:08 am »

((ok, I'm doing yesterday's and todays turns together))
((Armok, can you specify at what time EST you are available on IRC everyday? Because I can't stay infront of the computer to check when you come on, and I also have little time to talk, so it can help if I knew beforetime))
Code: [Select]
♣♣│♣♣....⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
♣♣└≈≈─○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
.♣♣♣│⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
..⌂▲○▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
.⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂○┐..♣♣♣.÷. ▲▲▲⌂⌂○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲∞══∞═╗⌂⌂▲○▲ ▲▲⌂....└┐..♣♣♣#. ⌂⌂⌂♣♣│♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲^▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲╔╝~~~~╚═∞▲│▲ ▲z♣♣♣...≈≈.....♣ ♣...┌┘♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲∞╝~~⌂⌂~~~║▲│▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣.≈≈≈≈..... ┌─┐.│...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂▲▲⌂~⌂∞‼╡▲ ▲▲/=z==z≈≈└──┐.. │.└─≈≈─────○▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲┌┘▲ ▲▲Z⌂==♣┌┘....└#─ ┘....≈...♣♣.⌂▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲‼‼┘▲▲ ▲▲=⌂♣z.│.....⌂↑↑ ........♣♣♣♣┌○▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂○⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲‼══╗ ▲⌂%♣♣..│...⌂⌂#~↑ .........♣♣♣│⌂▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○▲▲╚ ═‼⌂════╪══⌂⌂~║~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│♣⌂▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~╠═# ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐δ⌂ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲♥▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..╔╝≈» ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣§
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐⌂ ⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å╗▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├──Θ»≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣♥
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂│♣ ♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂⌂≡⌂⌂...♣ ♣╔═╗♣♣.♣♣v....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..┌─┴─ ─┐δ≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂Å..Å♣♣♣ ╔╝≈╚╗♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘...~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○──┘.⌂♣ ♣└─≈≈⌂⌂....┌───ç Θ≈≈≈╨─┬═Θ<....≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈....~~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..⌂⌂⌂ ♣♣≈≈δδç───Θ┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣...≈≈» ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈...╔£.~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂... .♣♣♣δ..♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣╞v╞..≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑↑↑↑£╝▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~. .♣♣.≡♣.♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣>♣╞╞..≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈»ææ⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~ .♣♣♣║.Φ..♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣♣≡⌂¥⌂æ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~ .♣..≡ΦΦΦ══ΦΦΦ... ♣♣♣..¥♥¥≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂≡▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂~~~~~~~~~ .....≡Φ....Φ.... .....⌂⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈»¥¥▲♀..♀.▲⌂⌂~↑
⌂⌂~~≈≈≈≈≈↑↑⌂⌂~~~ ↑....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈»≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈¥▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈
~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲▲▲ ⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.¥.≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~~
≈≈≈↑↑≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂⌂ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂¥═¥≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~
≈≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈.↑≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂¥▲↑¥~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈.≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑⌂⌂▲♥⌂~~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂▲▲⌂~

So much seemed to happen so fast, Orion barely had time to think about one new thing before being confronted by another. First, these lights from who-knows-where, then the lights starts sending Golem morse code after being sent a single message! After that, descriptions of weird burning humanoids were received through the flashing light messages. At first, he thought the descriptions might be some mistake, since whoever was sending the messages might not know the Golem code well enough and thus was sending erronous messages. But a few months ago, messages arrived from Nova about the same weird creatures breaching the walls of the mountains and emerging from a city they had built in barely a few months, all to come contact the Golems! And during all that time, new golem leaders have been soulforged at many different settlements. Such mass soulforging had never been done before in such a short time!

But wether he could think about what was happening or not, he could not just stand idly doing nothing. This unkown race had accepted the Alliance treaty, and now many matters had to be taken care of. The past half-year, he had been travelling the desert through the still-new roads, taking with him Ferrum and Abro. Sometimes, he wished he hadn't taken those two. Ferrum kept complaining about not being able to mine and whatnot, and Abro's puffed up behavior could barely be tolerated for long. Not to mention they kept bickering together. Well, it was either bringing them or some random Clay golems to act as his aids, and, frankly, he prefered the bickering two over the clays.

Atleast they we not alone anymore. Other, newly appointed leaders had arrived at Nova before them, and others were still on their way. The final negotiations with these burning elves could begin, and the great Council of The Unified Minds formed!

=======================================================================

Looking at a happy-looking burning fellow, old Grin Tooth couldn't surpress a grin (yes, my sentient Golems can grin). He really did deserve his name, although he was starting to regret having allowed his friends to choose his new name after being Soulforged. But nothing could put a dent to his cheerfulness today of all days. He had been named leader of the Mechanic Golems of Al'Qwat, and given the title "Gear-Lord" just this morning. He certainly deserved THAT name, after centuries of serving as a low mechanic. He was probably even the oldest mechanic golem left after 'the great slumber'.

Turning on a corner of the streets of Nova, Grin came face-to-face with Derna. "Still grinning, old man?" said Derna cheerfully, "well, as long as you do your duties, no one's complaining."
"Well, young' un, I think you have your own duties too, from what I heard, you supposed to be makin' some jewels to trade with these happy fun-filled burnin' little guys here."
"Not after my promotion. Or haven't you heard? You're not the only one to get Soulforged, I'm going to be tomorrow! I'm going to be named Master Jeweler, with who knows what title! And from what I learned from some Clays that reached the city a few days ago, your old pal Merh also got promoted, and is on his way. Not to mention Orion Primus's party has been seen from the roofs of the buildings and should arrive later today. Can you beleive all this is happening, and so fast too? We are actually going to be part of the Golem's new Council!"
Pretending to listen, Grin thought of good old Merh. A blacksmith, he was. Probably got some new title too, and he deserves it. Old Grin wondered what Orion had in mind to call together the Golems to form a Council, but he was pretty sure it had something to do with these here burning creatures. Maybe Orion was thinkin' of making some agreement with them or somesuch. Well, it is exactly like Orion to keep some great announcement secret until the very last moment, just to annoy everyone probably.

=======================================================================

((I removed all the specific kinds of golems found in each settlement (I know keep track of only the important people), but its still only golem population, Armok will have to decide how many !!elves!! are in each settlement. Also, starting next turn, population growth will start to slow, since the !!elves!! start moving in and golems are too busy with the !!elves!! to create many new golems))
Settlements:
Alchemia: 88
(the one in middle of desert, btw its on a low hill tile not desert tile)

Terra: 90
(the one west of desert)

Altus Tumulosus: 56
(settlement NE of Terra)

Eterna: 39
(east of desert)

Nova: 29
(SE of desert)

Important People (and their "titles"):

- [hero] Orion Primus, "Guardian of the Seals": Platinum Golem decorated with bands of Gold and implanted with a Star Ruby in hist chest and inscribed with many glowing runes throughout his body (Nova)
- [master miner] Ferrum Animus, "Chief of Diggers": Large Steel Golem (Nova)
- [master glassmaker] Abro Vas, "Prince of Prisms": Glass Golem reinforced with bands of Steel (Nova)
- [newly appointed master jeweler] Derna Farn, "Diamond Fingers": Copper Golem with hands made of gold and the tip of the fingers diamond (Nova)
- [newly appointed master mechanic] Grin Tooth, "Gear-Lord": Copper Golem with a large Silver gear embedded in the chest and decorated with spikes of silver (Nova)
- [newly appointed master smith] Merh Konlus, "Metal Bane": Large Bauxite Golem menacing with spikes of Steel (On the way to Nova, currently in Alchemia)
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: June 18, 2008, 10:18:07 am »

(( I just noticed that many turns ago, my Tengu gave a map to the vulpians in return for their map ? Why did I never get it ? It would really speed up my game))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: June 18, 2008, 12:22:26 pm »

[quote author=Jamini
Also, if there is a fight a third party really should write it. Not either of us. Personally I would prefer Poltifar, Istarian, or Xotes be the one to write it, as they have each impressed me a good amount with their writing. As Akroma said he would likely have a conflict of interest at best, as would Grieger, Imp, Frelock, Armok,or Heph I feel. [/quote]

Ow. That pretty much says, 'not strife.' I'm not a bad writter, I just have a tendency to be long winded, so I haven't wrote a lot here.
<Strife has left to go cry>
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: June 18, 2008, 12:38:05 pm »

((Sure, I can do the writing. Though most likely not before tomorrow))

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: June 18, 2008, 03:13:33 pm »

(( Heh, it's nice to know that my writing is actually, y'know, good. I'd write it out, but as Istrian has already claimed it, I shall just bide my time. ))
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: June 18, 2008, 04:51:08 pm »

Then the point where they defeated the vulpinans quickly and only with one soon to be casualty. I assumed the vulpinans werent too prepared for the fight, whereas the giants were all the time since it was the plan.

((OOC: The vulpinans have been preparing for conflict since Hjolf left. He made a "very" clear impression to Raom that the Giants were not to be trusted, which has been emphasized by the fact that Hrafn had arrived early. That is why he marched out of the city to intercept the giants while they were well over a days march away to attempt parlay.

At any rate, I'm sending my battle plan for the turn to Istarian now. Best of luck to ya Nhiphanter.))

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: June 18, 2008, 06:59:08 pm »

((My strategy is submitted to Istarian.

Also, today Armok came to me with a request. He's finding it hard to consitantly write responses fast enough to properly act out racial interactions. Personally, I've seen similar problems between other players and have felt the time crunch quite hard. Unless we have any major objections, moving to updating the turn order every other day (or going to Mon,Wed,Fri,Sat schedule, if you prefer more concreate times of the week) would give everyone more time to write.

I understand that some of ya don't have a lot to say even with one turn per day, but I do feel that slowing the pace somewhat is prudent))

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐⌂ ⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å╗▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├v─Θ»≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣♥
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂│♣ ♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂⌂≡⌂⌂...♣ ♣╔═╗♣♣.♣♣│....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○──┘.⌂♣ ♣└─≈≈⌂⌂....┌───ç Θ≈≈≈╨─┬═Θ♣....≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈....~~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂... .♣♣♣δ..♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣╞╞╞..≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑↑↑↑£╝▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~. .♣♣.≡♣.♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣╞╞..≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈»ææ⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~

((I must apologize, I really don't feel like posting more right this second grieger. I'll talk with ya later tonight and we can work out whta happens with Sivek/Kara or I'll post their meeting later.

Yori returns to Aveceleba))

Murakami

Mien the herbalist, wrapped her leather cloak closer to her body as she scoured the mountaintops of the Murakami region. The basket under her arm depressingly low after hours of searching.

Behind her the two tengu students kept low to the grounds, their faces scrunched in concentration as they picked up and discarded one plant or another. Occationally matching one plant against another in an attempt to identify a particular herb. The two of them had proven to be adept learners, if slightly slow at some things. Teaching them the fine difference between distilling a Actaea and extracting the pulp from a Delphinium would take time, time that Mien often felt she didn't have.

Either way, this area lacked too much in plantlife to have enough proper poisons. While the more fatal plants were easy to find, the ingrediants for blindness and paralysis were non-existant, the plants not growing in this more arid climate, and the others had hidden themselves in different forms, some of which even Mien could not totally recognize.

With a sigh, Mien reached down and began to examine a new patch of plants, her eyes watching the tengu a the pulled up yet another cluster of harmless plants. This would be a long time  amoung the tengu indeed.

((Right now you've got the ingrediants for a fatal injury poison, a nausea poison, disorientation poison (Mien will need to develop me, but it can be airborn), and a dust that can cause choking while airborn (no effect via injury). Your area lacks the ingrediants for a blindness poison, which requires a lake with running water. There may be a little in the reflection pool, but not much since it's so recent, the paralysis poison has a few plants, but Mien will need to refine it before it'll be in any great potency.

Right now your students are learning how to gather the plants and extract the basic compounds. Next turn they will learn how to mix antidotes. The turn after they will be taught how to create the poisons themselves. The turn after that is proper application of poisons. The final turn will be spent teaching them how to improve and refine poisons.))

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: June 18, 2008, 07:08:31 pm »

((Oh, Strife. I'm sorry about that, I knew I was forgetting something when I put up that list... :( I didn't mean any insult by it.))

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: June 18, 2008, 08:42:10 pm »

Nietzsche watched as the Roshanian capital came into view.  It was quite a marvelous sight; a city, built on a lake!  The other Ipetians were equally awed.  There was no way they could build anything like it.  And it was to be their home for the foreseeable future.  Nietzsche wondered at the effort that would have gone into building such a thing.  He realized that the sheer scope of the project betrayed these people's ingenuity.  These were, most certainly, good friends to have; and it was up to him to make sure they stayed friends.

The Ipetians noted a group of Roshanian coming toward them.  Obviously, their presence had been noted.  When they got within earshot, Nietzsche called out, "Hail to thee, masters of this land!  I am Nietzsche, chosen by the Ipetians as ambassador to your great people.  I bring gifts, and wish to establish an embassy in your capital."

((With this, Heph, I leave Nietzsche in your capable hands.  If you need any information about him, simply ask.))

Riet made ready to travel back to Wijnfontein.  With him were five more potential plainshapers, along with their families.  That made ten in all who would study under him.  Considering rarity of plainshapers, ten was really a good number.  Plus, it would allow for both individual attention and group work to be done while they learned the ways of the ancestors.  Riet was very pleased with his discovery.

"Mister," said a small voice behind him.  Riet turned and saw little Onschuld, the youngest of the group, looking up at him.

"I've told you before," he said softly, "call me Riet."

The child simply nodded, "Yes, sir."  Riet couldn't help but smile.  While respect for one's elders was a good thing, people calling him "Sir," or "Mister," made Riet feel old.  Then again, he was about fifty years older than any other Ipetian alive.  The child continued, "Do we have to go?  I don't wanna leave home."

Riet bent down and patted the child on the head.  Compassionately, he explained, "Home is not about where you go to sleep, nor is it about where you spend your days."  He pointed over at Onschuld's parents as they prepared their belongings for the journey.  "Home is where your family and friends are, where there are people that love you, where you are always welcome, no matter what."

Onschuld remained depressed.  "But all my friends are here.  Aren't they part of my home?"

Riet was pleased; this child was quite smart.  "Yes, they are part of your home, and therefore, part of your home will always be here.  But friends come and go; there are sad partings, but these are offset by the joyous greetings.  I'm sure you'll make new friends when you get to Wijnfontein.  And you'll be able to come back and visit your old friends before you know it.  And then you'll have two homes, how lucky is that?"

Onschuld managed a weak smile.  "Ok."  He walked back to his parents.  Riet sighed; hopefully, the poor kid wouldn't have trouble fitting in, but one could only hope.  At least he got to have his parents with him.  Back when Riet was made a plainshaper, they didn't allow parents to accompany their children.  Riet had decided that there was no reason to separate the parents from the child, when there were so few.

This brought back memories of his parents, and Riet quickly turned his thoughts back to his pack.  Best not to dwell on that...

▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~. .♣♣.║♣.♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣╞╞..≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈»ææ⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~

((Riet is in Westengebied, and will move back to Wijnfontein next turn.  Steenstad becomes a town this turn.  The temple is now 70% done.))
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: June 18, 2008, 09:02:49 pm »

((Aw, it feels like I have basically stopped RPing, I just run this like a board game...))
((I have quite stopped enjoying this really, that’s why I’m not RPing much, it’s to much. :(
Maybe if I get rid of Ariquemera and let Polifar control the elves in golem lands, including all the tech, then I could go back to playing the less active and more elven Efil-inirans…))

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Turn 32: (Summer)

Efil-inira: 42 !!elves!! (hamlet) (+-0 since last turn)
Ariquemera: 105 !!elves!! (town+hamlet) (+5 since last turn)
Mindgates: 40 !!elves!! (hamlet) (+5 since last turn)

Mining outpost by Ariquemera: 20 elves (outpost) (+1since last turn)

In armies/expeditions: 3 !!elves!!
Other: 2 working/travelling between Ariquemera and Efil-inira. 10 In migrant group going down the magma river.
Total: 210 !!elves!!

((Fothacema negotiates whit Dracon.  ((Won’t those set of towards Efil-inira soon?))
Iranineleni sobs in the giant’s fire-pit.
Amizoimi live happily whit the Zefies.
Efil-inira has stagnated.
 “The Great Façade of Efil-inira” begun, sealing/deconstruction of old city 100% complete, building the castle 55% complete, needed parts for castle ordered from Ariquemera have all arrived.
In Mindgates negotiation whit the golems are made, see polifars post next turn.
Mindgates infrastructure is expanded.
Plans are made for Eliyeecate, Skynet.
The battle golems project is begun under the temporary name “Guardians Project” in Ariquemera:
Planning done by Ilecaaye, iron prototype bodies are begun construction (75% complete) and some various internal components like optics and computer components are begun.
Plans are being made about Eliyeecate.

List of important people:
Acathiima, hero and leader of Efil-inira: Legendary organizer, skilled bow!!elf!! (Doing paperwork and ruling from The Seat of Authority, in Efil-inira.)
Yanenirica-Awidi, advisor and secretary of Acathiima: professional lawyer, professional diplomat, legendary organizer, master politician, legendary liar, legendary flatterer. (Doing paperwork and ruling by The Seat of Authority, in Efil-inira.)
Ilecaaye, ground-breaking geologist: grand-master miner, grand legendary geologist, talented metalworker, master chemist, skilled mechanic, master mathematician. (Working on “Guardians Project” in Ariquemera.)
Fothacema, scout/diplomat: professional scout, skilled ranger, talented diplomat (negotiating whit the Dracon.)
Iranineleni, lawyer: professional lawyer, professional diplomat, skilled organizer, novice politician, dabbling jackass, dabbling scout. (Captured and “enslaved” by storm giants.)
Amizoimi, scout/diplomat: skilled scout, skilled ranger, talented bow!!elf!!, talented diplomat, novice middlemanagement, novice cartographer. (negotiating whit the Zefies.)
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: June 18, 2008, 10:45:28 pm »

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○──┘.⌂♣ ♣└─≈≈⌂⌂....┌───ç Θ≈≈≈╨─┬═Θ♣...P≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈....~~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..⌂⌂⌂ ♣♣≈≈δδç───Θ┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣...≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈...╔£.~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂... .♣♣♣δ..♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣╞╞╞..≈≈≈≈≈    ≈≈≈≈≈↑↑↑↑£╝▲⌂~~~

(( Bah, fuggit. I don't have time to type out RP right now, and I'm definately not feeling any inspiration, either. The pringers go NW and make camp for now.))
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: June 18, 2008, 11:05:11 pm »

:o Sorry armok I meant for them to have been  able to leave long ago but after looking back I neglected to mention it in the post I thought I put it in.  Just say the Dracon had a very hard time with the ‼Elven‼ phonetics or something.

You now have
2  miners
1 herbalist
1 Librarian[insisted she come to take care of the books]
1 metallurgust
3 farmers
 *1 Livestock handler
 *2 Growers
4 Lv 2 Fighters
1 Cleric of Holm

They will stay as long as they are treated well.  All but the librarian are quite strong and should be able to do most of the transport and heavy lifting work needed.  The librarian is a bookworm and will try to help the elves with her knowledge.))
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: June 19, 2008, 02:15:01 am »

Then the point where they defeated the vulpinans quickly and only with one soon to be casualty. I assumed the vulpinans werent too prepared for the fight, whereas the giants were all the time since it was the plan.

((OOC: The vulpinans have been preparing for conflict since Hjolf left. He made a "very" clear impression to Raom that the Giants were not to be trusted, which has been emphasized by the fact that Hrafn had arrived early. That is why he marched out of the city to intercept the giants while they were well over a days march away to attempt parlay.))

I actually meant not prepared for attack there and now, but it really doesnt matter anymore. Im sending my battle plan to Istrian.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: June 19, 2008, 06:45:51 am »

((So I suppose turn 33 won't start before tomorrow ? Aww, this slow pace is killing me already. But, whatever, when Armok can't keep up, no need to hurry. So if there are no others objecting the slowed pace, I won't object either.

However I never had the feeling that Armok had problems keeping up with his turns. Sometimes he is even a little too early. Maybe, Armok, you shouldn't merge your civ with the golems, or find a way of communicating with Poltifar that is faster than IRC. It will be annoying if everyone has already finished their turns and we have to delay whatever we have planned just because you can't discuss what you are going to do. So before making such a request, please keep in mind that a) you might not need this extra time (since you aren't RPing anyway, just adjusting a list copied from your last turn) and that b) you might slightly annoy other players...

Well, whatever, Jamini announces the turns, and I can#t do anything against it anyway. I am talking to a brickwall here))
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 09:26:13 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: June 19, 2008, 09:07:01 am »

▲▲▲▲⌂⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~ .♣..╚ΦΦΦ══ΦΦΦ... ♣♣♣..¥♥¥≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂≡▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂~~~~~~~~~ ...≡..Φ....Φ.... .....⌂⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈»¥¥▲♀..♀.▲⌂⌂~↑

No Rp for today i only move Suplycaravan to Winjfountain and my settlers east (for turn 32 and 33) two tiles.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 81