Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 81

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread  (Read 106399 times)

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread
« Reply #915 on: June 12, 2008, 09:30:00 am »

OOC: Maybe its the way you act or something, i suspected the same (i might just as well lie but who knows)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: June 12, 2008, 09:33:00 am »

((Speechpattern analysis Akroma.))
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: June 12, 2008, 09:33:00 am »

((You suspect I am female because I mercilessly crushed the valtans with devious tactics and now lie to the vulpians to make me look like the good guy ?
Tst tst))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: June 12, 2008, 09:38:00 am »

((Wait a sec, wasn't turn 27 declared a while ago. I mean he declared turn 27 twice. Once page 36 and once again page 37. So it should be turn 28 now.))

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: June 12, 2008, 09:39:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Istrian:
<STRONG>((Wait a sec, wasn't turn 27 declared a while ago. I mean he declared turn 27 twice. Once page 36 and once again page 37. So it should be turn 28 now.))</STRONG>

EDIT: I just noticed you were right, but it's page 35 and page 36

it really is turn 28 - summer now

[ June 12, 2008: Message edited by: Akroma ]

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: June 12, 2008, 09:40:00 am »

((Honestly, I never even suspected you were female   :roll: probably has something to do with the way you fought the war mercilessly))
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: June 12, 2008, 10:18:00 am »

((It appears that my last turn was missed this time (looking back, I think Strife may have been the culprit. ;p). My scouts to the west of Liliaceleba returned last turn and reported on the position of Storm Giant camp after seeing it from a distance across the plains. To the east an important caravan is travelling south along the river.

Akroma: Larika has been interacting with the vulpinans of Aveceleba for more than a year now. That assertion would raise suspicions at the very least. Fortunatly for you, I'm pretty sure she did not reveal exactly what happened when the Tengu captured her.

As for the east, I have no objections to you attacking and subjugating the Drogar. I feel that Galguth will not be returning. The Koneko I feel significanly more reserved towards, as CaptainBlood did indicate that he will return to pick them up eventually. As for now, lets put his pieces to the side.

Nhipanter: I removed the small v's because they served little purpose beyond marking the trade route. It is fairly safe to assume that small bands of merchants are constantly travelling along any roads between any settlements or village size or larger. So long as the settlements contain a sizable number of vulpi.

Poltifar: due to the speed increase that comes with roads, I would highly recommend making it look continuous. If nothing else for asthetics. Diagonal movement still costs the same as horizonal movement in any case.

Armok: You are forgetting the moderatly strong alliance between the Dracons and Vulpi that already exists. That alliance is much stronger than my political stance towards the Ipetians (who none of my citizens have even met yet!).))

'He reminds me of a merchant' Merceli thought as he trailed the group of twelve on their way back towards the capital, his fingers running down the edge of his bow as he watched the tengu slowly pick their way through the terrain behind their vulpinan guides. The tengu lacked grace in the forest, their ability to fly hampered by the thick canopy of branches overhead and the dense foliage below. 'That wreched self-importance, and a mask of honor over a dark personality. Even if they did not start the war, they chose to escalate it. That in and of itself speaks bounds about them. Either way, I do not see them hiding any number of their kind in the forest for any length of time sucessfully at any rate. It doesn't add up.'

With careful conideration Merceli thought about his last visit to Aveceleba, nearly a year before. Back then there had been word of a stranger rescued along a trade route. He had not met her, but rumors had abounded that her people lived to the south and had for some time. It wasn't enough to imply the Tengu had been the agressors in the fight... but some things did not add up in the Hunter's mind.

'It doesn't matter, my concern is watching out for my squad' Merceli interjected roughly, focusing his eyes back on the party as they travelled northward towards Aveceleba.

~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~

After a short time the trees began to thin, the river becoming straighter and more uniform as a palisade wall rose ahead. Along it dozens of vulpinan carpenter's walked back and forth, thick logs across their backs as they reinforced and raised the wall. As the patrol passed through the gatehouse, a running loped ahead, racing through the streets to announce the arrival of the Tengu while the others.

The patrol captain led the Tengu delegation through the city, the group of them drawing a multitude stares as they passed down the main boulivard that straddled the river. Within an hour they reached the palace, a magnificant... almost delicate structure that straddled the river itself, with wide supports that held it above the bustling marketplace below. With a careful pace the group walked along the wide path that spiraled around the tall banks of the river, leading to the entrance of the palace itself.

When they arrived at the palace, the gates were already lowered, a group of seven vulpinan's standing across the wooden gatehouse, watching the arriving diplomat with a cool expression. Their leader took a breath and greeted the diplomat, "Welcome to Aveceleba, please come in. Your arrival is unexpected, but not unwelcome."

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: June 12, 2008, 10:27:00 am »

((Yar, I did mention I wasn't feeling well. It's turn 28 right now, Summer))

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: June 12, 2008, 10:37:00 am »

OOC: Remember Jamini that Hrafn is very near lilabeleca and his not so stealthy group has been probably spotted by now.

Had to say that... i cant wait to see your vulpinans reaction.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: June 12, 2008, 10:48:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Nhiphanter:
<STRONG>OOC: Remember Jamini that Hrafn is very near lilabeleca and his not so stealthy group has been probably spotted by now.

Had to say that... i cant wait to see your vulpinans reaction.</STRONG>

((I was under the impression that they were mostly staying out of sight. Three giants may be overlooked unless they arrive at the gates. Unless you are not making any effort to hide at all?))

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: June 12, 2008, 11:02:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Jamini:
<STRONG>

((I was under the impression that they were mostly staying out of sight. Three giants may be overlooked unless they arrive at the gates. Unless you are not making any effort to hide at all?))</STRONG>

OOC: They were staying out of sight until they would reach Lilabeleca. And there's 21 giants. Hrafn and his bodyguard of Elites from the castle. Check up my earlier post on page 21 if you want a description of them.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: June 12, 2008, 11:18:00 am »

" I greet you, lord of Aveceleba. My name is Karasu, I come to be the voice and the ear of Madara of the awe-inspiring wheel of fortune, supreme commander of the flying army, conquerer of the dog-demons, savior of the south, son of the one and only godess.
We come to you to find a peaceful arrangement between our people, the crows of the south and the foxes of the north. Combined whatever may stand in our way will falter. The arrangement includes, but is not restricted to following conditions:

- There will be taxed trading between our people. The trading will be free and our civilian merchants will trade amongst each other as well as our governments. The taxes will include 5% for each side, depending on who is to initiate the trade.

- There is a permanent peace between our nations. All hostile actions are prohibited. Should a Tengu do wrong to a Vulpian, or a Vulpian wrong to a Tengu, the wrongdoer will be handed to the damaged side to be judged according to their laws.

- Should one of our nations have war forced upon them, the other side is oblieged to send troops to aid.

- Should one of our nations force war upon a third party, the other side is not oblieged to help the conquering army during an attack. Should the attack fail however, the other side is oblieged to send troops and defend the borders of their ally.

After the diplomat read the agreement, the merchant raised his voice, reading a list of possible trade goods.

((We will simply assume the trading of +stone mugs+ and the like takes place on civil level and needs no RP. This list only includes things that are of actual interest))

- Tengu weaponry and armor, of finest quality. Not enchanted

- Tengu staffs, enchanted. Useless without knowledge on how to use the magic.

- Hauchiwa fans, enchanted. May be used without knowledge on how the magic works, but cannot be reproduced.

- Enchantments on Vulpian structures on weaponry, various effects

- The secret of earth magic, coming in 2 levels. Level one is required for the staffs, level two is far more powerful and useful, may be used to enchant other staffs

- The secret of wind magic, coming in 3 levels. Level on just amplifies the effect of the Hauchiwa, level 2 is like earth magic level 2, level 3 includes the secret of flight. The secret of flight might be useless for the Vulpians, but you don't know unless you try

- Maps of the south

- Services, such as air-delivery and transport

- Other (please specifiy)

-----------------------------

Prices will be discussed on request. Ware on ware trade only, so please make a list on things you offer for a trade. The secrets of magic are very expensive, you might not be able to afford them.

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: June 12, 2008, 11:30:00 am »

OOC: I might also seriously reconsider starting a war if i get flying vulpinans on me...

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: June 12, 2008, 12:26:00 pm »

The high lord returned the greeting, his wizened eyes analyzing the movements of the diplomat as he led the Tengu into the palace. Behind him the six lesser lords murmered amoungst themselves, a mix of confusion, excietment, and suspicion in their voices. "Greetings, Karasu. I also send greetings to you and your Mandara. I trust that you and your men have enjoyed their visit to Aveceleba so far, and that you continue to do so for at least a short while before returning to your people. As for your arrangement, we Vulpi find some tenents of it distasteful.

Firstly your trade tax. We are no stranger to tariffs and taxes, but many vulpinan's livelyhood is based on trade. A tax of 5% would never be approved by the merchant houses of the vulpi, and I would be laughed at for even suggesting it. You will find few vulpi willing to trade where they cannot get the full value for their goods, especially if you consider the cost of transport.

While you offer peace to our people, you speak of your own as conquerers of the south. While you prohibit all hostile actions, your definition of doing wrong between our races is undefined. Especially considerng that each of our cities may very well have it's own laws and customs. Rather than leave this a nebulous idea of justice, I would prefer that each of our kind be treated as a full citizen of the other's land while on their soil. Subject to the laws of the land. Thusly, a Tengu or Vulpin who assails another in Tengu land is subject to the Tengu laws on assault, while should he do it in vulpinan territory he would be subjugated to the local vulpi law, and vice versa.

As for the tenants on war. We vulpi are not a military nation. We will gladly help our allies should they be attacked, for a price, but a mandatory obligation would be detrimental to the autonomy of our lords and princes."

With a wary look the high lord scanned the face of Karasu, watching his reaction to the counter-offer carefully.

"As for trade, I can easily offer to trade maps of the Lathmaile river and it's surrounding area in exchange for maps of the southern continent. Indeed, our best cartographer recently left to expand our knowlage of the world once again just a few months ago.

As for the others, looking over your offers I find that the majority of them stem from your magical knowlage. Thusly, I offer the following in exchange for your magic:

For the the first level of earth magic we offer our medics for your armies. In a ratio of one for every thirty tengu soldiers. These men and women are highly skilled in the healing arts, and with the proper materials are able to halve recovery time for the injured and rescue many more from near death. Every medic will be accmpanied by two nurses, and a vulpinan wagon of medical supplies.

For the second level of earth magic, we offer to train voulenteers of your kind in the arts of medicine. Knowlage of where and how to harvest the best herbs for healing, and how to apply them to best effect. With this knowlage, much like the knowlage you offer us, you will be able to produce your own doctors and medics in time and prevent a number of deaths that currently you cannot.

For the first level of wind magic we offer poisons. Substances that can paralyze for hours on the merest scratch, or cause suffication when inhaled, or simply causes the target to drop dead where they fall. Quick-acting, Slow-acting, Long-lasting, whichever you prefer and more.

For the second level of wind magic, we offer the knowlage of how to make and improve these. A single skilled herbalist can produce enough poison to quickly turn the tide of battle in your favor, turning every scratch into a foe-felling blow.

So, what say you the ear and mouth of Mandara?"

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: June 12, 2008, 12:26:00 pm »

((No RP this turn from me. It's not like there's much happening anyway. The airship moves two tiles west (wind E->W).

I would be glad if the Koneko were left alone until CaptainBlood comes back, or until someone takes over their civ.

I should probably mention that in the event of a war against the Koneko, the Thelash are going to defend them for 3 reasons :
- there is a Thelash embassador among the Koneko
- two gems containing Thelash souls were given to the Koneko, and such gifts are very precious to the Thelash
- the Thelash like cats.))

code:
♣♣│♣♣....⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
♣♣└≈≈─○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
.♣♣♣│⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
..⌂▲○▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
.⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂○┐..♣♣♣.÷. ▲▲▲⌂⌂○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲∞══∞╗~⌂⌂▲○▲ ▲▲⌂....└┐..♣♣♣#. ⌂⌂⌂♣♣│♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲^▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲║~~~~~╚W∞▲│▲ ▲▲♣♣♣...≈≈.....♣ ♣...┌┘♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲∞⌂~~⌂⌂~~~║▲│▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣.≈≈≈≈..... ┌─┐.│...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲