Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 81

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread  (Read 106365 times)

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread
« Reply #90 on: May 17, 2008, 03:59:00 pm »

(( The pop in Buigend Riet can't grow enough to become a village this turn after sending out two migrant groups last turn, sorry.

Diagonal Movement takes one movement.

I'm going though the thread to refigure out where everyone is. I will be posting the current towns shortly.))

[ May 17, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 17, 2008, 04:33:00 pm »

code:

Avecebela - Woodabby       : E edge of C forest     : Vulpinan  : Village
Shushaw   - ????????       : NE Forest              : Thelashin : Town
Karatomca - ????????       : E side of W lake       : Roshanian : Village
Irumathra - ????????       : Plains. S of Karatomca : Roshanian : Outpost
BuigendRiet - Bending Reed : S edge of C forest     : Ipetian   : Hamlet
Zuidengebied - Southfield  : S of BuigendRiet       : Ipetian   : Outpost
Westengebied - Westfield   : W of BuigendRiet       : Ipetian   : Outpost
Kinsebs£r - Oakvale        : E Mountain-valley      : Koneko    : Outpost
<Unamed>  - <Unamed>       : NW of Oakvale          : Koneko    : Outpost
Hrafngard - ???????        : N Moutains             : Giant     : Hamlet
<Unamed>  - <Unamed>       : S of Hrafngard         : Giant     : Outpost
Mayohiga  - ???????        : S moutain range        : Tengu     : Hamlet
Eientei   - ???????        : E of Mayohiga          : Tengu     : Outpost
(Wood-gathering camp)      : N of Mayohiga          : Tengu     : Outpost-Camp
Berseg - Might of the Mountains : SE Mountains      : Drogar    : Hamlet
Mutheithru - Campcastle    : N Desert               : Dracon    : Outpost
<Unamed> - <Unamed>        : N edge of E Moutains   : Pringer   : Town

(( Updated the current settlement list. I felt it appropriate to post it here. If you see anything missing let me know. The village sizes are correct. Xotes Pringer joined the last, but even still they arrived on turn 1 and are as advanced as the rest. The Thelash mining crew has returned to their village, making it large enough time-wise to be considered a Thelash town. Migrant groups that are currently moving (like my own) count towards a overall population level without being listed. I did list the deforestation crew because they havn't moved in over a turn.

Gods who have moved this turn so far are Vime, Ukko, Shrall, Xotes, Koneko/Swako, Issa, and Fenneth.))

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

CaptainBlood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 17, 2008, 05:11:00 pm »

(I split the village right before you announced turn 2 on page 3, but I guess what I split was an outpost at that time. So that would make sense. Also I think you mean Kanako/Suwako in the above post. Koneko is the name of my cat-human race.)

Kira stood atop the peak and admired the view. She could barely make out the outpost of Loka to the south and she could see a tower a long distance away to the Northeast
"What 'outcropping of rocks'?" she thought as she decided to head for the tower.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>< ><>

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂○┐..♣♣♣.⌂. ▲▲▲⌂⌂○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~⌂~~⌂⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂....└┐..♣♣♣♣♣ ⌂⌂⌂♣♣│♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲^▲▲
▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲♣♣♣...≈≈....♣♣ ♣...┌┘♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂⌂~~~⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣.≈≈≈≈..... ┌─┐.│...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂▲▲⌂~⌂⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣♣.≈≈└──┐.. │.└─≈≈─────○▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣♣┌┘....└── ┘....≈...♣♣.⌂▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣.│.....⌂≡↑ ........♣♣♣♣┌○▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲⌂⌂♣♣..│...⌂⌂#~↑ .........♣♣♣│⌂▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲⌂⌂....│..⌂⌂~~~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~~↑↑ ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂⌂

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲Ç▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂V≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣S
⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å▲▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├───≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣§
♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂ç⌂⌂⌂...♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣.♣♣│....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
♣.⌂≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂Å...♣♣♣ ♣♣≈♣♣♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈♣≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘...~
♣♣≈≈≈⌂⌂....┌──── ─≈≈≈≡─┐♣Θ♣♣...≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈....~~~~
..≈≈δ──────X...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣...≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈..↑↑⌂⌂.~~~
..♣♣δ..♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣..♣R♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑Ω☻/⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣♣.....♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣♣♣....≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑⌂▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
.♣....♣...ΦΦ♣... ♣♣♣....≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
...........Φ.... .....≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲.≡.♀.▲⌂⌂~↑
.....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈T≡.»≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~~
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂¥⌂¥»≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲↑↑~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑⌂⌂▲▲⌂~~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂▲▲⌂~

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>< ><>
The trip had been a long one, but Kira was nearly at the tower now. It was made of stone, though she couldn't tell what kind. The craftsmanship of it was amazing, clearly better than the stoneworks she remembered from Oakvale.

Just about to jump from the ledge of a small boulder, she noticed an odd situation taking place below. There were six of the shortest and hairiest creatures she had ever seen talking with the largest hairless metal creature she had ever seen. A lot of firsts for her today.

Kira moved closer while darting to and from shrubs and rocks, staying out of sight. Once behind a large bush near enough to listen, she realized the large metal bird had to be at least 4 times her size. She remembered what Hanabira had told her, took a deep breath, and stepped out into the open.

She approached as confident as she could and attempted a cheerful yell towards the group,
"Hullo!"

CaptainBlood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 17, 2008, 05:33:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Nhiphanter:
<STRONG>(just came to my mind after reading of our first interracial meeting, i suppose that conversations and such can be done anytime and saying something like "hello" will not take one turn since turn is several months.)</STRONG>

(Yeah I agree. I think an initial greeting is necessary tho to give the other players the option of attacking you or greeting you in return.)
IE

Elf: Hello there, we come in peace!
Giant: Hey little short person

OR

Elf: Hello there, we come in peace!
Giant: YOU SPEAK LIES!!!! LIEEESS!!!!! (Giants then set little elves on fire)

(EDIT: Oh and the other Koneko outpost is called Loka)

[ May 17, 2008: Message edited by: CaptainBlood ]

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 17, 2008, 06:43:00 pm »

Log of Silvak Bluesabers

At Youh's request I have sent a constructor group to the north to establish an outpost on the river.  With that outpost we should be able to increase our food and water supplies significantly.  It seems somewhat cooler in this area than what we are used to so I have ordered buildings to be built with extra insulation.  

I have no idea what season it is.  We could be setting up in an area that freezes part of the year or we could be in the dead of winter and this is as cold as it gets.

No sign of the ambassador we are expecting yet.  Youh neglected to mention what direction to expect them from so our scouts are not able to cover the area as efficiently as I would have hoped.

We have discovered some iron in the nearby hills that we are quarrying for stone, and our dracoroot farms are doing well, but we lack any significant sources of charcoal so we have been unable to produce large amounts of our enhanced iron.  We will need a forest for lumber or high mountains for coal if we wish to begin any major metalworking.

I am getting tired of this constant bookkeeping and will lead an expedition to the mountains to the north once the settlement can handle itself.  The high summoner has requested that I have his new apprentice accompany me.  I have agreed.  The student will not be able to improve his power with control of only minor desert sand devils and the ones the last apprentice could call were extremely useful.

[Mlitary ID seal]

code:
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣♣┌┘....└≡─ ┘....≈...♣♣.⌂▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣.│.....⌂↑↑ ........♣♣♣♣┌○▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~~↑↑ ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂⌂

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲Ç▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂V≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣S
♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂ç⌂⌂⌂...♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣.♣♣│....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
♣♣≈≈≈⌂⌂....┌──── ─≈≈≈≡─┐♣Θ♣♣...≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈....~~~~
.♣♣..♣R♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑Ω☻/⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~

OOC: The migrant group is building a bridge on that river and an outpost on the banks.  I abstracted the scouting parties but they are basically just four squads of one or two military dracon flying one tile out from the settlement, looking around then flying one tile back into the settlement. They are currently under orders to carry extra supplies in case of (sand)storms or other such unfortunate things.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 17, 2008, 10:49:00 pm »

OV cheerily whistled as he finished making another pringer, giving it a slap on the back and sending it out of his shop. He leans back against a wall,, contemplating other matters. Suddenly, he raises a flipper in confusion and incredulity.

"Hey, we haven't even named this place yet! I'll put an end to that, right now!"

With that, OV stormed out of the smithy, before slapping a couple pringers and sending them to spread the word of a meeting.

*One Hour Later*

OV appraisingly looked over what was basically the town council, with pringers of all shapes, colors and sizes assembled. He steps foward and slams the table he was standing behind.

"Friends, I've gathered you here today on discussing what to name our little town, seeing as we've been here for... Hey, how long HAVE we been here? Well, no matter. I vote for naming our town... The Hub. Who's with me?"

Almost no argument is raised against OV's suggestion, and what little there was was quickly shot down. OV spun around once in success, before facing the comittee again.

"All right, by unanimous vote, this town's name is The Hub!"

Loud cheering erupts almost immediately at the announcement, while OV claps in a self-congratulatory manner.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

X-2 is once again surprised, this time by the Konekan's sudden appearance, before standing up to his full height and facing her.

"Hail, fellow explorer. The Flippers of Authority greet you."

[ May 17, 2008: Message edited by: Xotes ]

Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 17, 2008, 11:50:00 pm »

((Groups can interact as much as they like inside of a turn as long as they don't altar the map or change into a different tile within reason. Certainly you can say far more than has been seen in current interactions. I would highly recommend that if you have a group that is fighting or parlaying that you check in a few times between turns so that actions within a turn get resolved quickly. ))

Vime grinned as he brought his eyes level with the board, his hands gripping the mountains that ringed the edge as he closly examined the three tokens on the eastern edge. "I can't make it out, but it looks like they haven't gotten very far." He said matter-of-factly, watching as the three individuals carefully regarded each other for two months of their own time.

"What are you guys going to have them do?" He asked, picking his head up and looking at Hanabira squarly, a sparkle making it's way into his warm, ever-shifting iris as the turn indicator flashed on the screen above.

-Turn 4-

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣♣┌┘....└#─ ┘....≈...♣♣.⌂▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~V↑↑ ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂⌂

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲Ç▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂~≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣S
♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂ç⌂⌂⌂...♣ ♣♣≡♣♣♣.♣♣│....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
♣♣≈≈≈⌂⌂....┌──── ─≈≈≈──┐♣Θ♣♣...≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈....~~~~
.♣♣..♣R♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑Ω⌂/⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~

~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~

Kara panted in freezing night, her warm breath condensing in the icy air. Grimly she held her arms around the thin cloth tied about her swollen waist, fighting vigerously as she staggered over yet another dune, one after another.

Her lips were parched, but Kara dared not drink from her rapidly lightening waterskins. Every sip of water was as rationed as she trudged across the sands, carefully measured out so that it would last. If she indulged herself and drank water now, she would have none for later when she truely needed it. And now if she let herself die to the elements, Karaman would be killing more than one.

Kara's eyes stayed fixed upon the glimmering obelisk in the distance, the stone shining softly against the smooth stone. It was larger now, but only just. Three months of travel over these blasted dunes, every moment spent carefully rationing water, or hunting down the small plants that might contain enough water conserve another half a day's rations of water or food, had increased its size only marginally.

Still, she had to go on. Kara couldn't stop now, else she would die out here. Weakened by her child, by her thirst, and by hunger she would die if she didn't reach that shining stone soon. She would die, and her people would have no hope. She only hoped that these people were worth all of this.

There were no more plants anymore. Just the sand and the sky.

[ May 18, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 18, 2008, 03:02:00 am »

(I suppose my raid group can move two tiles/turn when it reaches the plains, since its a raid group. Moving fast, no excess weight or wagons, and easy terrain.)

"Heh-eh... i think i have just the plan for that glass tower of yers... Issha" Moving his pieces and causing a storm in the empty sea, just for the fun of it.

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

The roads were getting done and the quarries set up. Soon, Hrafn could finally move on to building the main project. "Start carrying those stones to the mountain! We have no excess time to use in this!"

Deep beneath Hrafngard, in the bowels of the ironmines.

"Hrothgar! come here, quick! i think ive found something!" "Allright, allright... what is it then, more mica?" The other giant sneered at Hrothgar and showed him. Before them, was a wall of something pitch black, and it was glinting in the light of the flickering torch. "We better get The oracle down here, he knows these things."

Soon, The oracle was scurried in the shaft. Examining the newfound material, he chuckled to himself and turned. "My dear friends... you have just done a very valuable service for us. For this here, is obsidian..." The miners smiled with glee, alredy dreaming of the riches theyd be showered with. The oracle quickly broke that dream. "GET TO WORK! If there's a magmavent somewhere in there, i want it to be FOUND! If i catch any of you workers lazing for now, YE will be the next sacrifice for the Grand god!" Marching through the mines and allocating all workers to the new site, The oracle smiled to himself and thought of power this new finding would bring him... yeesss... soon, HE would be The Grand gods favored one!

Taranis walked around the new Ballista his carpenters and siege engineers had build. It was curious contraption, since instead of one, it could fire two arrows at once. The drawback was, it was somewhat slower to reload than a ordinary ballista. Newertheless, building even 4 of these would allow a quick and deadly barrage of bolts. "I want this to be situated in the gatehouse of the palisade, and build some more. We're going to arm the towers with these too." with that, he walked to town hall and sat on his desk. One more important matter was bothering him. What would be this settlements name?

After hours of thought...

"I shall name it, Uthargeshud, First Fortress!"

The raid group had finally reached the last of the mountains and gazed down into the plains. Ragndir, the self-imposed leader of the group looked west and was baffled. "what in the name of The grand god is that?!" In the faraway lake, there rose a glinting tower of green. Immeadiately the giants attention was turned to the bustling rafts in the lake. "Well... will you look at that. Sadly our direction was directly to the south, and im not going to question The oracles orders..." shivering of thought he continued "You know what he's like..." They started descending to the plains. Soon, the trekking would hopefully be much faster.

code:

♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂...♣ ♣♣≡♣♣♣.♣♣│....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
♣.⌂≈⌂⌂⌂ç⌂Å...♣♣♣ ♣♣≈♣♣♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈♣≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘...~
.♣♣..♣R♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑Ω⌂/⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
.♣....♣...ΦΦ♣... ♣♣♣....≈≈≈≈≈░░≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
...........Φ.... .....≈≈≈≈≈≈≈░░░≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲.≡.♀.▲⌂⌂~↑

[ May 18, 2008: Message edited by: Nhiphanter ]

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 18, 2008, 03:49:00 am »

Nietzsche had become the effective ruler of Buigend Riet, and had ruled fairly, if not especially wisely.  While no longer calling for the great expansion of before, his success in establishing the outposts had given him enough credit with the populace to secure a stable and peaceful transition.  Everyone agreed that Riet must be long dead by now, so there was little to no opposition.  Still, it was strange being under the control of another; Riet had been the leader as long as anyone could remember.  However, they eased their minds by funneling all the respect they had for Riet into Nietzsche.

Nietzsche wasn't entirely comfortable in his new position, though.  The note from Riet haunted his memories.  What if Riet came back?  What would happen then?  Who would rule?  The Ipetians had no real governmental system, no way to choose a leader.  Nietzsche dismissed these thoughts with his own assurances that Riet was dead, or perhaps he sat babbling next to his "Spring of Wine."  It mattered not.  What mattered were his new plans for the east...

Riet had been moving NW for quite some time now, getting ever closer to the lake, and whatever lay upon it.  He had noticed what appeared to be a village on the edge of the lake, and had made towards it.

Now, Riet found himself confronted with a group of beings unlike any he had ever seen, and was at a loss of what to do.  He was confident that he could run away if needed.  These creatures, while certainly not clumsy, didn't look like they could muster the speed of a fully grown Ipetian.  Still, best to be cautious.  Riet raised his hand in the traditional Ipetian greeting, and said, "Hail to thee, masters of this land.  I am Riet, servant of Fenneth and leader of the Ipetians.  May your minds be filled with peace and your harts with joy."

Fenneth looked over to Issha, stroked his beard, and commented, "Well now, where do you think this will go?"

code:

..♣♣δR.♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣..♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑Ω⌂/⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~

[OOC: I contest the idea that the Giant raiders can move two tiles a turn.  After all, there was the preferred terrain for a reason.  Yes, it is a raid group, and theoretically built for speed, but currently, several heroes are acting as scouts; they should be able to move even faster than a raid and are limited at two tiles a turn.

On a different note, I wasn't sure what to do when a hero enters a settlement since / is reserved for multiple heroes, so I just left Riet off to the side.  If anyone has a clever solution, please enact it.]

All generalizations are false....including this one.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 18, 2008, 04:03:00 am »

code:

.....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈»≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈T¥.»≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~~

Lord Madara contently stroke his bread, admiring the work he had done in such a short amount of time. The complete northern coast was now devoid of trees, soon to be made farmland for the ever growing population of Tengu. The wood gathering camp was turned into a harbor, and eventhough it was miles away from the capital, it was considered part of it.

"When will we travel across the sea, my lord?", adressed him Sanae, his daugther, and shrinemaiden of Eientei. Even by human standards, she was beautiful, her beauty only to be tainted by her more than a hand long nose, which for the Tengu, only made her even prettier. She had been anxious ever since her father told her that it would be her, who would lead on of migrant ships towards the east. Near to the coast was a high mountainrange that blocked the caravans way, leaving them with no choice but travel along the coast. A settlement right on such an important trading route would grow and prosper fast, impossible to give up that opportunity.

"Not before the new years festival in a few months, my dear. This sea is dangerous, and we still need the blessing of the godess before we can safely traverse it."

-------------------------------------------

As the pieces on the board moved on their own, Suwako was not paying attention. She snatched one of Armoks elves (the non-burning kind) and let it roam free on the ground. She pretended she was going to smash him with her finger, but always missed him on purpose, as he ran for his afterlife. With a giggle, she let her whole palm soar down on the elf, missing him again, as he crouched between the gap between her fingers. His whole body was shivering, and even as he was already dead, he continued sending prayers to his gods. Suwako moved her ear towards the elf, and suddenly her giggle stopped. She snatched the elf between two finger and threw him high into the sky, only to let him explode on the ground.

"Wrong name, little one. Wrong name."

-------------------------------------

OOC: The northern settlement has no name of it#s own, it's simply Mohyigas harbor. The 3 tiles at the top of the island, previously palm-forest tiles are now plain tiles.

What is the moving speed of ships ?

[ May 18, 2008: Message edited by: Akroma ]

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 18, 2008, 04:20:00 am »

"Leam! Leaaam!"
"What is it Aris"?
"There is some thing coming from the Plains"
"Ok what is it?"
"I dont know looks like some Horse"
"Well if it looks like a Horse its a Horse."
"Yes but it isnt exactly a Horse"
"What is it then?"
"Its atached to an Human."
"Well then it is a Human on a Horse. Which means gather the weapons and lead me to it."
"Er ah ... yeah your hopefully right."

- Some time later -

"By Issha what is this Creature?"
"I dont know? Do you think it is sentient?"

"Hail to thee, masters of this land. I am Riet, servant of Fenneth and leader of the Ipetians. May your minds be filled with peace and your harts with joy." said the strange creature.

"Obvisyli it is Aris." and louder, on Ipetian, said Leam to Riet "Hello im Leam Highpriest of the Roshani and Mayor of Caratomca the City on the Lake. Let us go to my Raft and have some drink and Conversation"

"Leam since then do you speak this language?"
"I dont know."

------------------------------------------------
(ooc)
Karatomca is a Bunch of Rafts on the lake only some Workshops (mainly carpenters and Classmakers) are on the beach.

[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 18, 2008, 04:46:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Heph:
<STRONG>
(ooc)
Karatomca is a Bunch of Rafts on the lake only some Workshops (mainly carpenters and Classmakers) are on the beach.</STRONG>

oh, looks like i need to edit my post a bit then...

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 18, 2008, 04:48:00 am »

Shelesh spoke once again while tapping the display.

"There must be something wrong with that display. No way Shushaw is a town. Now let's see, I push that button, turn this dial, and... at the beginning of turn 4, Shushaw was but a village counting 56 people. Good, that seems correct.

"Though that is soon going to change." added Shelesh pointing at the north-bound caravan going out of Shushaw.

===============================================================================

Shraal sat silently in his silky office and pondered recent events. Since they had been able to make some tools, life had been much easier. Now most of their homes had their own cellars where blood was stored. They had also been able to cut trees and buid a corral where captured deer was being bred for the purpose of producing even more blood. They had even started to build a road up to the mining area in the northern mountains. Even the ram had been improved, or at least would be improved once they recover it.

Now he was considering the good that would come out of his decision of turning that mining area into somtehing more permanent : a fortress. Wagons had already been sent with the best masons and engineers. The first expedition amounted to 13 people, with 43 remaining behind. Shushaw, or Shushaw Shesh as it was going to be known as from now on, would supply food to Shushaw Hath.

The choice of a leader for Shushaw Hath has been an obvious one as the Haadush triplets had begun to show unusual abilities for a Thelash but far from unexpected. For a start, all three were able to get their name from the elder shadows at a very early age. Shel, Helesh, Thlash were the names they got from their ceremony.

But their most unusual ability will be their power to communicate with each other over long distances. All three showed that ability, but Shel, being the first to pass before the shadows was to be the leader of Shushaw Hath. Helesh and Thlash would remain in Shushaw Shesh for the time being. Thlash, even though he was born mute, had begun to show another unusual ability : he was able to communicate with others by sending images straight into their minds and reading those images out of the words people spoke. This will be most useful when the need for a diplomat arises.

Diplomats, like in the old times, remembered Shraal. The Thelash, though unwilling to get involved in the affairs of other races, had been able to swindle so many secrets. Metallurgy and masonry from dwarves, woodworking from elves, agriculture, hunting, boating and trade from humans, discretion and poisons from kobolds and even the secrets of the Creation out of the demonic masters of the goblins. Shraal hoped with all his heart that this world would not turn out to be devoid of sentient life.

===============================================================================

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲Ç▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂~≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣≡
.....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈»≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈T¥.»≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~~

code:

Shushaw Shesh   - ???????? : NE Forest       : Thelash : Hamlet(43) : Shraal

[ May 18, 2008: Message edited by: Istrian ]

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 18, 2008, 06:56:00 am »

you have to edit the map, you missed Frelock's a my move
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 18, 2008, 07:14:00 am »

((eh ? I just copied the map on your latest post, Akroma. Was that one outdated ?))
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 81