Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 81

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread  (Read 106408 times)

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread
« Reply #855 on: June 10, 2008, 11:38:00 am »

((Interestingly enough, the application of runes seems to be a consistent theme for most magic. The Golems have runes on their bodies, the Thelash use runes to cast spells, for greater summons the Dracons use summoning circles. Even the temples to Ukko are very likely to have runs inscribed on the inside, where their priests have access to them. Even the Roshani have indicated a type of rune magic.

While the application may differ, really I'm not sure our magics are very different at all in the end.))

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: June 10, 2008, 11:46:00 am »

((I know PERFECTLY well that the best awesome comes from combining them.
For example the C.A.R.P. will me a combination of soulistic (being a golem), tech (contains lots of various devices, including a computer), alchemy (!!elven!! supermetals), and indirectly racial as it uses tungsten and other materials the !!elves!! can only refine whit inherent magic.
The "Awesomeness/??? magic" is kinda like the belief/willpower stuff you describe, among other things.
And that list was not defining the systems, only stating what I had observed about them and trying to keep things consistent.))
((Edit: Jamini seems right to, conclusion is that it IS the same system, and that the different races use different parts of it due to racial affinity. All the races having all the same stuff would be bland indeed and I have a hard time seeing it end up any other way eventually if they continue to make contact, learn from each other, and trade. The key word is eventually and as long as there is wars it might take hundreds of turns.))

[ June 10, 2008: Message edited by: Armok ]

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: June 10, 2008, 12:53:00 pm »

((Can't wait to try out your plans Armok  :D also, ounce the golems find the tombs of the alchemist and runemaster golems, we could include some more powerful magic to whatever you have in mind...

Just one question... Is this C.A.R.P. project gona turn out to be a giant tungesten carp, or is it just the name? I hope its a carp, so that we'll rule all the rives of the world  :p))

<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: June 10, 2008, 12:55:00 pm »

((Armok, you have this way of twisting my words.

The roleplay at Romilath is not finished, Grieger and i will pick it up tomorrow. Imp,if you do get an AIM account PM me with it so we can include Larika a bit more . As it is I've been trying to keep her in-character as best we could. As it stands, I humbly request that the mobile units in Romilath (Karaman, the Diplomat, Larika, and the Romilath military be allowed two moves once we resolve what happens.) ))

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: June 10, 2008, 01:04:00 pm »

OOC: Ive not really thought about giant magic, they could have some sort of magic if you people allow it since they are quite powerful already, but mostly anysort of supernatural or magical in giant society comes from Ukko.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: June 10, 2008, 01:24:00 pm »

((Giant magic definitely should be present (if you want it to be present), although since their society prefers war over careful studying of the magical arts, it might be mostly divine intervention through shamans and tribal sort-of rituals... but ofcourse, you're free to do as you wish with your race))
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: June 10, 2008, 02:08:00 pm »

Silis had finally returned to Wijnfontein with the lost supplies.  Riet was glad to have his friend back.  Also, he was interested in the project the Roshani had begun in the north-west.  Silis had informed him of the road that was being constructed.  Riet had agreed that the road would be a good thing for both peoples, and agreed to help.  

He had sent out a group of Ipetians along with a Roshanian translator to found a new settlement to the west of Wijnfontein.  This new outpost, he reasoned, would mark the entrance to Wijnfontein, and keep watch over the road.  It would also pose as a traveler's rest, and be the epitome of Ipetian hospitality.

As Riet wandered about the city, helping with the preparations for the journey, he caught sight of Nietzsche...

code:

♣♣│♣♣....⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
♣♣└≈≈─○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
.♣♣♣│⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
..⌂▲○▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
.⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂○┐..♣♣♣.÷. ▲▲▲⌂⌂○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲∞~~∞~~⌂⌂▲○▲ ▲▲⌂....└┐..♣♣♣#. ⌂⌂⌂♣♣│♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲^▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~∞▲│▲ ▲▲♣♣♣...≈≈.....♣ ♣...┌┘♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲∞⌂~~⌂⌂~~~⌂▲│▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣.≈≈≈≈..... ┌─┐.│...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂▲▲⌂~⌂∞▲│▲ ▲▲z=z==z≈≈└──┐.. │.└─≈≈─────○▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲┌┘▲ ▲▲Z⌂=Z♣┌┘....└#─ ┘....≈...♣♣.⌂▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲┌┘▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣z.│.....⌂↑↑ ........♣♣♣♣┌○▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂○⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲‼══╗ ▲⌂⌂♣♣..│...⌂⌂#~↑ .........♣♣♣│⌂▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○▲▲╚ ═‼⌂════╪══⌂⌂~║~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│♣⌂▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~║÷# ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐δ⌂ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲♥▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..╔╝≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣§
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐⌂ ⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å╗▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├──Θ≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣♥
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂│♣ ♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂⌂║⌂⌂...♣ ♣╔═╗♣♣.♣♣│....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..┌─┴─ ─┐δ≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂Å..Å♣♣v ╔╝≈╚╗♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈☻≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘...~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○──┘.⌂♣ ♣└─≈≈⌂⌂ç...┌Ç─── Θ≈≈≈╨─┬═Θ♣....≈≈ ≈≈≈»≈≈≈≈÷...~~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..⌂⌂⌂ ♣♣≈≈δδç───Θ┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣..c≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈...╔£.~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂... .♣♣♣δ..♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣╞╞╞..≈≈»≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈s↑↑↑£╝▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~. .♣♣.║♣.♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. >♣♣♣♣♣╞t..≈≈≈≈≈≈ »≈≈»ΩΩ⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~ .♣♣♣║.Φ..♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣♣♣⌂¥⌂æ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑≡▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~ .♣..╚ΦΦΦ..ΦΦΦ... ♣♣♣..¥♥⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂~~~~~~~~~ ......Φ....Φ.... .....⌂⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈»¥⌂▲♀..♀.▲⌂⌂~↑
⌂⌂~~≈≈≈≈≈↑↑⌂⌂~~~ ↑....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈»≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈¥▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈
~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲▲▲ ⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.¥.≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~~
≈≈≈↑↑≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂⌂ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂¥═¥≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~
≈≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈.↑≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂¥▲↑↑~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈.≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑⌂⌂▲♥⌂~~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂▲▲⌂~

((I'm rather pressed for time now, I'll try to finish the RP up later.  It's mostly unimportant for the greater game.))

code:

Vriendingang - Friend's Gate : W of Wijnfontein     : Ipetian   : Outpost

All generalizations are false....including this one.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: June 10, 2008, 02:43:00 pm »

An warmongeringrace like the Giants would have some sort of battle magic which increases strenght Dexterity and so on an by Ukkos sphere i would think some Devasting weather spells/rituals.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: June 10, 2008, 03:01:00 pm »

But for that the giants wouldn't need actual magic. All they'd need are some herbs (i.e drugs) that makes them go into a trance. They'd fight like literal berserks. That also would make a lot of sense for the whole premise of the race.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: June 10, 2008, 03:29:00 pm »

((Edit: why did I confuse Akroma and Armok?

Perhaps their names are too close.))

[ June 10, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

[ June 10, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: June 10, 2008, 03:40:00 pm »

cough*

I know my and Armoks names are similar, but please take your time

also, I am just posting some suggestions. And for a race with a premise like the giants, berserker mushrooms seem like a logical alternative. Think of it as their own kind of magic, similar to the magic of many jungle tribes, or the magic of the norse men. It just seems like more fitting than a giant sitting down and studying magic, apart from maybe one or two high priests that can conjure storms.
The giants have no tech, and only little magic, so why not buld on whatever other strength that exist ?
Both magic and tech require lots of brains, and, no offense, a race of warmonging giants has very little of that. Their only advantages are battle experience, resulting in well executred battle tactics and a melee superiority, as well as their giant strength and toughness.
Now if the giants decide it is no time for pretty strategies, a mushroom that sends them into a martial trance, increasing both toughness and strength would be the best thing to do.
A race who can't build things like steamguns or incinerate the enemy with a mere touch deserves at least an equivalent to that of some sorts.
Now some hallucinogenic mushrooms, like used by the nordic tribe whose name is nowadays iconic for a fierce warrior, would fit perfectly. Wether Nhipanter decides to use that or not is not my concern, all i am doing is making a suggestion.

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: June 10, 2008, 06:20:00 pm »

((Ok, let’s hope there are not to much confusion or objections about my action this turn.
quote:
Can't wait to try out your plans Armok!  :D Also, once the golems find the tombs of the alchemist and runemaster golems, we could include some more powerful magic to whatever you have in mind...
Just one question... Is this C.A.R.P. project gonna turn out to be a giant tungsten carp, or is it just the name? I hope its a carp, so that we'll rule all the rives of the world

It seems ore thought are very much alike on these subjects!  :D It will be SOOOO awesome! I can’t wait either!
Yea, but we must be careful whit overpowering, especially whit the stronger magic, even whit our current tech just combining it it is still near being overpowered. A magic that adds energy up on pile like that is for example the only thing missing to build a lightsaber fuelled by molten uranium and !!elf!! blood… (the substance blood, not needing to kill them.)
The C.A.R.P. as I had imagined it is more like some giant hunter-killer robot thing whit weapons as hands and made from titanium, but we could just give that model another name and give C.A.R.P. to something actually carplike… Ooh, ooh! I got a really god idea for a carp golem, but it requires the Thelash hovering magic to work. (Not blending the souls by keeping it two separate structures…) Flying carp hiding in water OR MAGMA!  :D  MOAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!  :D  :D
We’ll do that, now I need another name for the first idea I got…
However, don’t thing “giant tungsten”, tungsten is rare and expensive and can only be used to do kinda smallish things, or reinforcing/details of bigger things. To a lesser extent the same whit titanium, the techy metals are mostly for small stuff or elite troops or Special things.
I think I have a tendency to twist ALL words Jamini, including to my get annoyance my own; it’s just lack of language skills.
As for giants magic… Maybe a weapon whit lightning in it, have it return to the owner after throwing and you have Mjölner.
If you are gonna beat up the tech and magic stuff I don’t think a berserker mushroom would be enough. What WOULD be awesome is if the giants have a potion similar to the one in Asterix and Obelix… I would almost consider that balanced considering what the other races have.
Any response about letting mountain civs traverse mountain squares? The actual reason I ask is so the giants could attack me, all those defences on the tower are kind of useless if the only way in is a tunnel ANYWAYS.))

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Turn 26: (Winter)(?)

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲‼┘▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣z.│.....⌂↑↑ ........♣♣♣♣┌○▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│♣⌂▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~║÷# ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐δ⌂ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲♥▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..╔╝≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣§

((the “new” !!elf!! settlement is just the (...+hamlet) part of Ariquemera, it got lost in map copying three turns ago.))

Efil-inira: 42 !!elves!! (hamlet) (+-0 since last turn)
Ariquemera: 120 !!elves!! (town+hamlet) (+2 since last turn)
In armies/expeditions: 3 !!elves!!
Other: 2 working/travelling between Ariquemera and Efil-inira.
Total: 171 !!elves!!

((Fothacema negotiates whit Dracon.  
Iranineleni sobs in the giant’s fire-pit.
Amizoimi live happily whit the Zefies, and is beginning to learn some common. (70% complete.)
Efil-inira has stagnated.
The new tower in Efil-inira is now 95m.
“The Great Façade of Efil-inira” begun, sealing/deconstruction of old city 35% complete, building the castle 5% complete, needed parts for castle ordered from Ariquemera.
More or less ALL resources are spent on establishing communications whit the golems this turn.))

List of important people:
Acathiima, hero and leader of Efil-inira: Legendary organizer, skilled bow!!elf!! (Doing paperwork and ruling from The Seat of Authority, in Efil-inira.)
Yanenirica-Awidi, advisor and secretary of Acathiima: professional lawyer, professional diplomat, legendary organizer, master politician, legendary liar, legendary flatterer. (Doing paperwork and ruling by The Seat of Authority, in Efil-inira.)
Ilecaaye, ground-breaking geologist: grand-master miner, grand legendary geologist, talented metalworker, master chemist, skilled mechanic, master mathematician. (Making science in Ariquemera.)
Fothacema, scout/diplomat: professional scout, skilled ranger, talented diplomat (negotiating whit the Dracon.)
Iranineleni, lawyer: professional lawyer, professional diplomat, skilled organizer, novice politician, dabbling jackass, dabbling scout. (Captured and “enslaved” by storm giants.)
Amizoimi, scout/diplomat: skilled scout, skilled ranger, talented bow!!elf!!, talented diplomat, novice middlemanagement, novice cartographer. (negotiating whit the Zefies.)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

About !!elven!! numbers and units:

Math is done in base 2, 8 or 64, 8 is most common for common uses, for computer use they can adapt so well to binary that some computer people use it for other stuff to, and the elven 64 letter alpabet is used for ordering stuff like everybody else but they recognize it as counting in another base more easily and it is used for math jokes and such stuff, as well as numbering in algebra and varius other uses. Yes, it is much more complicated than the decimal system, why cant civs just use hexadecimal for everything?

The elven year is 256 days long, and is split up in four seasons each 64 days long, each day is split into 256 standard Time Units.

Time is written in the format [year in base 8][symbol for season (I’ll use first two letters (Sp, Su, Au, Wi)][day of season in base 64 (“alphabetical”)]-[time units since midnight in base 8]
I’ll however write it all in base 10, because I’m lazy.

Other stuff for the sake of simplicity use the old European SI system.

((This is what would have been written in an encyclopaedia 20 years later or so, so if the !!elves!! get wiped out we’ve got a temporal paradox on our hands))
Encyclopaedia Efil-inira, on The Great First Contact Madness:
“Like an epidemic of madness it spread thought Ariquemera, everyone had been exited over the 55 flashes, but this was a real MESSAGE! From the moment the observer in the tower saw it, the operator at the computer saw it, anyone heard of it they went wild. An all-erasing excitement and wonder that completely overshadowed any individual personality and filled them whit an irresistible urge to work on The Project. After a week everyone was under the spell, and the not much can be known for certain.
Three months later everyone more or less simultaneously woke up from unconsciousness, in a state of near starvation, leaning over their terminals that were covered in dust. In The Ariquemera Main Computer they found complete dictionaries over the golem language, as well as all sorts of grammar guides, lists of expressions and other stuff, as well as instructions about the code that was used for transmitting the message, what is now called the Standard Optical Code, there were also several executable files, for grammatically flawless translation between the languages ((Yes, perfect translation program, no babblefish here. A wizard did it.)), and for controlling devices to sending the code. These programs still trouble scholars whit their perfection and optimization, and what little could be reverse engineered led to major revolutions in computer science. There were also documents found that have revolutionized many fields in mathematics and basically created linguistic mathematics. The programs created are still used as a definition for grammatical correctness in both languages.
There had been no maintenance or mining work done during the crisis, and no food had been eaten.
What we know about what happened during the madness is scraped together mainly from computer input logs.
The time 7Wi12-9 the original message was received, by the end of that day ca 45 of the inhabitants were bound by the spell.
The time 7Wi19-56 optical communications whit the city was lost as the Great Tower simply went dark, we have seen from computer logs that was whit the exception of the communication whit the golem tower.
Time 7Wi21 is the date of the last dated journal entry that could be found, by a miner that thought is was demons that possessed his comrades, all other dates are those automatically recorded by computer systems.
Up to around 7Wi32 it seems they were just working whit optics, analyzing, and decryption in a rather normal mater and whit quite a bit better results than expected considering the limiting material, but after that the abnormal stuff started.
After that point most of the computer logs are somehow corrupted crashing any system trying to read them, half of the others say random and impossible things, and the rest are not to much use. It seems however that very strange things were going on, and at one point the entire computer was shut down for 3 days.
At around 7Wi49 to 54 the various useful files about the language appear to have been added.
Then at 7Wi51-37 all input stopped, most agree the reason for this was everyone going into a strange kind of sleep or coma, at 7Wi51-39 an executable program (according to the logs finalTouch.exe) ran itself, did some minor changes to various translation-related files, and deleted itself.
At time 8Sp3-29 everyone woke up from the strange sleep, and after a few days everyone had eaten and infrastructure including communications whit Efil-inira had been re-established.
At 8Sp9-60 a new attempt at communications was made…“ ((… this however is for the next turn as you can see spring.))

((Something whatever is made to get some slight more data for the communications, but most is still some strange magic. No actual communications are sent however and near the end of the turn the tower goes completely black, a few days into the next turn it will go on again and an actual message sent.))

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: June 10, 2008, 11:11:00 pm »

"I did say that we can send some books and text in the intrest of spreading knowlage and faith. The trade would just be a 'generous donation' then." she smiled a little bit at the ever present donation loophole. "Some of the more important will be magically protected permanently, but the spell to make the effects permanent is very draining, so we will likely choose a priest to accompany you on your trip back if you allow it.  The priest will be able to cast the spells to protect and translate the books when needed.  The priest will need to be allowed to build a temple to our gods if you wish to do this however."

"I'm afraid we also have few true originals as we have no way to communicate with our homeland while we are here. but the copies we have include all of the information of the origonals.  How does that sound?"  

((The donation loophole is why DnD NPC priests always charge a 'donation' for things like resurrection and healing spells.  

The books the dracon send will be few but the majority are basically large encyclopedias on different subjects. The ones that aren't are famous Homer quality epics and stories, as well as the holy books from many of the gods in the pathenon.  They are all from their homeland however.  The only things that relate to this world are some maps.

I can't think of how to RP it so I'll just say it.  The first large dracon warship is done. It looks like a 18th century frigate, though the sail system and building style isn't nearly that advanced, looking more 12th or 13th century. it is armed with 10 ballistae on each side and it has an unreliable blackpowder cannon on the bow that takes a long time to reload and is prone to misfires,  this folks, is the pinnacle of dracon technology.

The ship looks imposing but it is actually not very well built.  It is inefficiently reinforced, the ballistae ammo is nowhere near where the balistae are, the sails and rigging are inefficient and convoluted to use and the bulkheads to compartmentalize below water level damage range from leak badly to just don't work.))

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲‼┘▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣z.│.....⌂D↑ ........♣♣♣♣┌○▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│♣⌂▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~╠═# ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐δ⌂ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲♥▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..╔╝≈» ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣§

[ June 11, 2008: Message edited by: Greiger ]

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: June 10, 2008, 11:34:00 pm »

Turn 27 - Spring
code:

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: June 11, 2008, 01:31:00 am »

Mohayiga+harbour: city : 139
Eientei: city : 112
Murakami: town : 103
Makai : city : 110
Divine shrine : cloister : 10

code:
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂... .♣♣♣δ..♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣╞╞t..≈≈»≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈s↑↑↑£╝▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~. .♣♣.║♣.♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. >♣♣♣♣♣╞╞..≈≈≈≈≈≈ »≈≈»ΩΩ⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~

The small group of Tengu moves another tile northeast. Avecebela is now visible to them and they move towards it more quickly now. they will reach it next turn witha  forced march.

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 81