Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 81

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread  (Read 106410 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread
« Reply #840 on: June 10, 2008, 09:16:00 am »

((this is not my turn, it just seems like it might be wise to post here more oftener to speed up diplomacy.))
((The old map was an error from my side because as I said in that post I was rather dizzy. I must have used the map from my post before that one))
((Just to make things clear, can high mountains be travelled without tunnels? only by races that has it as favoured terrain?
The OP says impassible, but I think it would be fair to let them be passable by mountain civs but only 1 tile per turn?))
((Even the giants should have figured out by now that the flashing green light must come from a civ they can wage war on.))
((The !!elves!! WILL ally the golems, if not for the thousand other reasons so because this RPs awesome is not complete until it has seen a C.A.R.P. ¤titanium battle golem¤ in action! :) This is not to confuse whit the !!elves!! not wanting peace, they just want magic to. And knowledge about the discoveries in this world so far.))

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quote:
The flashing message is still being sent, but only at night, because the sun is too bright during the day to be seen. It is always 55 green flashes, followed by messages of greetings and well-wishing and such, in the golem special morse code consisting of a variety colors and flash lengths. Armok, I don't know how you are going to decipher it, I don't think its even possible to decipher it withought another golem helping you, and the golems living in Alchemia know that, so they are planning to dig a tunnel from the Nova outpost directly under the peack were the tower is, and they are also planning to build a telescope using their new-found glassmaking technology to see who is sending the messages. But all this will have to wait 2 turns, since the roads are a priority to be able to move all the workmen and resources needed.
Maybe you can find a way to facilitate communication in a shorter time, but I have no idea how.

((This is going to be the main focus of my "real" turn post today, but what is important for you is they in that case also sends back the greetings message, many many times as strong as the original but exact to the millisecond and caching in colour and relative strength even the smallest noise that comes from flaws in the golem device.
They DO break the code, just like man got too the moon (really, because the entire thing is mostly a NASA parody kinda); by sheer determination, willpower, and unpropotional resources put into it!
ALL the !!elves!! in Ariquemera end up on the project 100% and super exited, it is like a viral fever of excitement! All productivity is completely halted except the decryption work and work on the optical and computing devices needed for the project. Food production ceases but everybody is to busy to have time to eat anyway. (The !!elves!! can survive without food for ca 3 turns, and even normally only eat every few weeks.) All mandates from Efil-inira are not even thought of. etc. etc.
And it still take several months, actually the day the code is broken is the last day of the turn so the actual communication begins then, but is rather perfect. (figuring out the entire language from a single message counts as decryption, and is only possible because the equivalent of an entire city getting a strange mood about it.) ))
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: June 10, 2008, 09:36:00 am »

quote:
...and simple golems being just solid (or hollow to save materials) chunks of metal whit a gem set in for the soul and a few glyphs/runes for things such as eyes. or maybe that was what you ment? But a simple mining golem wouldn't bee filled whit gears and such?

You have to see it on a racial scale. Handling Golem-creation by involving an inner structure with gears etc. could for example lower the ammount of energy which is used to create an Golem for someone who belives in this Technic.

And nobody had said you have to stick with one Runesystem. The Telash Rune system has its advantages and disadvantages too.

[ June 10, 2008: Message edited by: Heph ]

[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: June 10, 2008, 09:43:00 am »

((Oups, clicked "add reply" to erly, this is a continuation of my last post.))
((Abaut the humans as I had it figured:
The human power was ABSURD, supertech is an grave understatement, their empire covered hundreds of universes, 10^100 something galaxies, they had instant multiversal travel, bombs trigering Big Bang sized explotions, handheld guns whit the power of the Starwars Deathstar, they were superhuman cyborgs whit more computing power in any single cell than the biggest supercomputers today, they numbered 10^1000s (yes, I know exactly how ridiculously pointlessly large that is), they lived in 12 dimensional structures of folded space and were as powerful as gods!
This IS overpowered, that's why they cant be allowed to be directly part of the RP in any way, the human empire took part in a completely different part of the multivese, but multiversal fugitives are another matter like many races seem to be.
Anything that big MUST be evil.
The big question is how the gods actually managed to defeat them))
((Even if the golems DID turn out to be old human machines the !!elves!! would just get even more exited, as their goal more or less is to become the next humans.))
((How would a man-sized bronze hawk be able to fly? It would be far to heavy I think. Not that you cant do it anyway.))
((Ah, so the runes/glyphs and mechanical parts are to compensate for lack of magical skill/power, or to grant it special abilities?))
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: June 10, 2008, 09:43:00 am »

((As I mentionned before, merging souls weakens individual aspects of every soul. This means that neither the flying city nor the airship are self-aware.

Wind changed to E->W

The airship moves 2 tiles west))

"Are you saying you can now understand those writings ?" asked Shel.
"The writings, no but the shematics, yes. We now know what kind of numeration system that civilisation used. We have even started rewritng their calculations into our system." answered the head archaeologist Heshelen. "I think we also have managed to understand what some of these bbody parts are."
"Are they armor, like we first supposed it was ?"
"Yes... and no. In a way they protected what was inside but what was inside could not do anything without these contraptions and did not need to be protected either."
"And what was inside."
"The schematics indicate some kind of glowing stone. It is my theory that the glowing stones are similar to our soul gems."
"You mean they place souls in bodies ? Isn't that completely impossible for a soul enchanted into a mechanical object to manipulate the object ? After all, the shape the soul will be in is too unfamiliar."
"It is not because we can't do it that others can't do it. Moreover, there are mentions of runes being placed around the object, in a more permanent way than ours."
"Runes being used beyond helping the enchantment process ? Interesting... I will tell that to Thlash so that he keeps an eye on similar ruins. Is there anything else ?"
"No, Lieutenant Governor. I will leave you now."
===============================================================================

code:
♣♣│♣♣....⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
♣♣└≈≈─○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
.♣♣♣│⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
..⌂▲○▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
.⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂○┐..♣♣♣.÷. ▲▲▲⌂⌂○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲∞~~∞~~⌂⌂▲○▲ ▲▲⌂....└┐..♣♣♣#. ⌂⌂⌂♣♣│♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲^▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~∞▲│▲ ▲▲♣♣♣...≈≈.....♣ ♣...┌┘♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲∞⌂~~⌂⌂~~~⌂▲│▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣.≈≈≈≈..... ┌─┐.│...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂▲▲⌂~⌂∞▲│▲ ▲▲z=z==z≈≈└──┐.. │.└─≈≈─────○▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲┌┘▲ ▲▲Z⌂=Z♣┌┘....└#─ ┘....≈...♣♣.⌂▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲┌┘▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣z.│.....⌂↑↑ ........♣♣♣♣┌○▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂○⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲‼══╗ ▲⌂⌂♣♣..│...⌂⌂#~↑ .........♣♣♣│⌂▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○▲▲╚ ═‼⌂════╪══⌂⌂~║~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│♣⌂▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~║÷# ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐δ⌂ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲♥▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..╔╝≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣§
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐⌂ ⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å╗▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├──Θ≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣♥
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂│♣ ♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂⌂║⌂⌂...♣ ♣╔═╗♣♣.♣♣│....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..┌─┴─ ─┐δ≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂ÅÇ.Å♣♣♣ ╔╝≈╚╗♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈☻≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘...~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○──┘.⌂♣ ♣└─≈≈⌂⌂.ç..┌──── Θ≈≈≈╨─┬═Θ♣....≈≈ ≈≈≈»≈≈≈≈÷...~~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..⌂⌂⌂ ♣♣≈≈δδç───Θ┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣..c≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈...╔£.~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂... .♣♣♣δ..♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣╞╞╞..≈≈»≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈s↑↑↑£╝▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~. .♣♣.║♣.♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. >♣♣♣♣♣╞t..≈≈≈≈≈≈ »≈≈»ΩΩ⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~ .♣♣♣║.Φ..♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣♣♣⌂¥⌂æ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑≡▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~ .♣..╚.ΦΦr.ΦΦΦ... ♣♣♣..¥♥⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂~~~~~~~~~ ......Φ....Φ.... .....⌂⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈»¥⌂▲♀..♀.▲⌂⌂~↑
⌂⌂~~≈≈≈≈≈↑↑⌂⌂~~~ ↑....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈»≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈¥▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈
~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲▲▲ ⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.¥.≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~~
≈≈≈↑↑≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂⌂ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂¥═¥≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~
≈≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈.↑≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂¥▲↑↑~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈.≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑⌂⌂▲♥⌂~~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂▲▲⌂~

((EDIT : Misspells. Damn internship. I don't even have time to write properly))

[ June 10, 2008: Message edited by: Istrian ]

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: June 10, 2008, 09:53:00 am »

Raom swiftly responded with the gesture, thumping his own chest with his handpaw as he led Hjolf back towards the spot where Inod and his aide waited. As a parting shot he called out to the Giant as they walked away, "You should go and take a look at our Merchant's Quarter for a souvenir, tell them I sent you and you should get a fair deal friend!"

As the giant left Raom's line of sight he visibly sagged, nearly losing his footing as his shoulder's slumped. "Gods that was difficult," the vulpinan muttered to himself as he turned and began to trot towards the hospital, waving over his aide. "Have the herbalists begin producing poisons of a potency high enough to bring one of his kind down. A healthy, younger giant, not just the older ones."

"My lord...?" the aide began, puzzled.

"Did you see his dress? His equipment? His manner at parting? This giant was not expecting to run into anyone here. It's doubtful his lord knew he was coming. Although I feel he was being mostly honest, I don't trust that we won't see more of his kind very soon. This one could not have come from far away."

"Yes sir!" The female vulpinan said, standing straighter and pausing in her salute as she noticed the look on her leader's face, "..er, anything else?"

Raom nodded, "Two things. Firstly, collect what steel and iron you can from the merchants and have it melted into armor and weapons. It will not be much, and they will not like it, but it will be neccecary if we do become attacked. Secondly, send word of a draft for any under-employed vulpinan. If we are attacked soon, I do not wish to be caught off guard."

"I've got it sir." the aide replied, "and what are you planning to do sir?"

Raom smiled, his grin returning to his face, "I am going to test the skills of our military."

code:

♣♣│♣♣....⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
♣♣└≈≈─○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
.♣♣♣│⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
..⌂▲○▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
.⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂○┐..♣♣♣.÷. ▲▲▲⌂⌂○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲∞~~∞~~⌂⌂▲○▲ ▲▲⌂....└┐..♣♣♣#. ⌂⌂⌂♣♣│♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲^▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~∞▲│▲ ▲▲♣♣♣...≈≈.....♣ ♣...┌┘♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲∞⌂~~⌂⌂~~~⌂▲│▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣.≈≈≈≈..... ┌─┐.│...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂▲▲⌂~⌂∞▲│▲ ▲▲z=z==z≈≈└──┐.. │.└─≈≈─────○▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲┌┘▲ ▲▲Z⌂=Z♣┌┘....└#─ ┘....≈...♣♣.⌂▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲┌┘▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣z.│.....⌂↑↑ ........♣♣♣♣┌○▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂○⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲‼══╗ ▲⌂⌂♣♣..│...⌂⌂#~↑ .........♣♣♣│⌂▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○▲▲╚ ═‼⌂════╪══⌂⌂~║~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│♣⌂▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~║÷# ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐δ⌂ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲♥▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..╔╝≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣§
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐⌂ ⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å╗▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├──Θ≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣♥
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂│♣ ♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂⌂║⌂⌂...♣ ♣╔═╗♣♣.♣♣│....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..┌─┴─ ─┐δ≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂Å..Å♣♣v ╔╝≈╚╗♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈☻≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘...~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○──┘.⌂♣ ♣└─≈≈⌂⌂ç...┌Ç─── Θ≈≈≈╨─┬═Θ♣....≈≈ ≈≈≈»≈≈≈≈÷...~~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..⌂⌂⌂ ♣♣≈≈δδç───Θ┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣..c≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈...╔£.~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂... .♣♣♣δ..♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣╞╞╞..≈≈»≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈s↑↑↑£╝▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~. .♣♣.║♣.♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. >♣♣♣♣♣╞t..≈≈≈≈≈≈ »≈≈»ΩΩ⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~ .♣♣♣║.Φ..♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣♣♣⌂¥⌂æ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑≡▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~ .♣..╚.ΦΦr.ΦΦΦ... ♣♣♣..¥♥⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂~~~~~~~~~ ......Φ....Φ.... .....⌂⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈»¥⌂▲♀..♀.▲⌂⌂~↑
⌂⌂~~≈≈≈≈≈↑↑⌂⌂~~~ ↑....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈»≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈¥▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈
~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲▲▲ ⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.¥.≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~~
≈≈≈↑↑≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂⌂ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂¥═¥≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~
≈≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈.↑≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂¥▲↑↑~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈.≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑⌂⌂▲♥⌂~~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂▲▲⌂~  

((The three Accomplished Ambushers from Liliaceleba (they were expert seven turns ago) are going to go northwest one tile and north another to scout out the location of the giant town. Upon reaching the edge of the forest they will force-march south one tile.

[ June 10, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

[ June 10, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: June 10, 2008, 10:10:00 am »

((How about we keep the human empire asside for now, and we will find out later what happened to them in ruins/manuscripts/whatever.

Also, golems could have gears in them and such, if less magic power is available, or whoever makes it is less magic oriented, but my basic ones are just chunks of metals connected at joints with runes on/in them and a gem for the soul. More advanced ones might not comform to this, and only your imagination can limit what can be done through all the possible combinations when we take into consideration the different racial aptitudes))

((The most important point in this discussion is that WE MUST NOT conform to a single way of magic/runes/technology/golems/ect... thats the whole point that makes this RP so nice, the racial diversity! So each one could basically follow his own rules for runes/whatever...))

<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: June 10, 2008, 10:16:00 am »

(( Golems with gears? Certainly you mean Golems in the Gears! (must apologize, the Xanthian in me got carried away. Die punmaster!)))

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: June 10, 2008, 10:23:00 am »

quote:
((Ah, so the runes/glyphs and mechanical parts are to compensate for lack of magical skill/power, or to grant it special abilities?))

You got it.

In my system there is a Mainglyph which transforms one form of energy into another. So at the end you didnt even have to have skill or power in Magic because you can transform an electrical flow in an magical flow which you manipulate via other Glyphs.

And as said before the form of Magic a Race performs is part of the racial flavour and the Golems are centuries old so why shouldnt one with many Gears inside exist?

A hint: If i had to decipher a Lightmessage by Myselfe i would look at first for Words. (Asuming around 15 - 20 Colours + long and short lights)

- In an Coloured Morse code Words will separarted by larger delays or a spot of one special color.
- The first word in such a message would be something like "Hello".
- Next i would assume that Numbers and Operators would have special Colours (Green and Blue f.e.) so as Elf or Golem i would send 10 combinations for Numbers and 4 simple Mathematical therm like 2 + 3 = 5, 6 - 2 = 5 and so on.
- next thing would be to find the name of the Race. To do this i would send (as elf) something like "Hello [second word of the message] = 1". If i (as Golem) would have recieved such a message which states something like "Hell Golem = 1" i would answer "1 1 = yes 0 = no". And so on.

It could be very hard game but its possible.

edit: Oh my God "Xanth" i've love this series shit i read it still in the english original. Even Xanth is an sort of "Battle of Gods" as stated in 3rd or 4th book.

[ June 10, 2008: Message edited by: Heph ]

[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: June 10, 2008, 10:33:00 am »

OOC: Jamini, thats an old map. Hrafn and the bodyguard has moved next to Hallr, and the army into Hallr. They used forced march.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: June 10, 2008, 10:40:00 am »

Heph, I guess that is the way the !!elves!! are trying to decipher. Although it might be even harder, considering that golems not only use a morse code the elves don't know, they also use a different language with different grammar rules ect. than that of the elves.

Maybe if the elves tried to send back a random morse code message and see the response, then send another random message... they might eventually, after months of communication and using their optic computer technology, decipher enough to communicate.

Imagine what the random morse codes that the elves might send might mean to the golems:
!!elves!! send: red flash - green flash - long blue flash - 2 quick green flash
== Greetings, we salute your stinking socks and wish you a basket full of kittens.

<@Akroma> eh

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: June 10, 2008, 10:49:00 am »

((I fixed the post Niph. Your current march will have the giants come within sight of my scouts next turn. Your giants also have one more forced march in a row before injury due to their toughness (shared by the tengu and drogar)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: June 10, 2008, 11:02:00 am »

quote:
How about we keep the human empire asside for now, and we will find out later what happened to them in ruins/manuscripts/whatever.

((Yea, kinda, but we should try to keep it somewhat consistent. Also, many of the races DO have a direct history whit the humans in other far away universes.
The humans have never actually been on the board if we go by my version so findin ruins of them would be strange, and ANY device of human make no matter how small would instantly ruin the game of it came into play.))
quote:
((The most important point in this discussion is that WE MUST NOT conform to a single way of magic/runes/technology/golems/ect... thats the whole point that makes this RP so nice, the racial diversity! So each one could basically follow his own rules for runes/whatever...))

((Yes, but onsistency is also good, so how I see it there are just several paralell systems of magic, and tech shuld simply be realistic as long as it is not integrated whit magic as in the case of my !!elves!!.
I have alredy noticed a few magic systems I think:
Soulistic/glyph magic, that the golem and Thelash use, as well as those that are discovering the golem ruins around.
Spiritual magic; that the Dracon use and has now taught to the vulpinians. This might also be what the Tengu use for meditation-communication?
Divine magic, the gods use this, this is what makes the invounrable skin of Iten and the earthquake bomb of the Tengu.
Inherent magic; this makes the elves burn and the tengu fly and the Thelash do the shadowy stuff. This is also how the !!elves!! purify metals.
Alchemy; basicaly magical cemestry, this is the main reason how the !!elves!! do their tech, they use the bodily fluids from varius creatres of the vulcano. The golems have also had tlk abaut getting this. Using herbs would probably give a much more flexible version of this than the few creatures in the elves vulcano give, maybe part of the vulpinian medecine is due to this. It might also be possible to do alchemy by throwing spells at materials undergoing chemical reactions rather than including parts of magical organisms as ingrediences.
Awesomeness/??? magic: Based on willpower or love or somesuch, cant be described in scientific terms the same way as the others, I think the Pringer use this to do facial expressions physically impossible for them to do, it is also kinda in the city-wide fey mood that let my !!elves!! decipherer the entire language from one message despite it being mathematically impossible. Weird and unexplainable "a wizard did it". Possibly stronger than the gods.
these are just random guesses/suggestions, and on top of that there is nothing stopping more parallel systems being introduced.))
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: June 10, 2008, 11:07:00 am »

Armok the fun comes in when we combine multiple systems.

Proud to be a Furry.

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: June 10, 2008, 11:09:00 am »

((Looks like you missed my map update too, Jamini. I moved my airship 2 tiles west))

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: June 10, 2008, 11:22:00 am »

The fun DOES come when we combine them, also when 2 races use seemingly alike magic but in different ways (Thelesh and Golems both use runes and souls, but golems only use souls for their bodies, while the Thelesh use them only for their enchantments)

My favorite, I guess, is the undefined magic, comming from pure willpower, creating magic by simply beleiving in something so hard that it just has to happen, or something such as that. The reason I like that magic is that because it just can't be defined, like just add this with that, say hocus pocus, and it will make a fireball... And its also unatainable in normal circumstances. That is my definition of true magic.

And yes, golems do (or atleast did) have alchemy, the sort where they smelt metals and infuse them with gems and magical essences, basically completely non-organic alchemy.

Edit: btw, I'm not saying magic shouldn't be classified, like Armok did. I'm just saying the rule of awesome should trump these classifications in some circumstances.

[ June 10, 2008: Message edited by: Poltifar ]

<@Akroma> eh
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 81