Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 81

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread  (Read 106415 times)

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread
« Reply #810 on: June 09, 2008, 05:03:00 am »

((I'm gona slow down population increase too. I think 0-9 per city per turn is slow enough (d10-1), anybody think its still too fast?))
((Also, seasons in the desert are erratic, with rain possibly comming at any time but extremely rare, 0 or 1 times a year.))

code:
♣♣│♣♣....⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
♣♣└≈≈─○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
.♣♣♣│⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
..⌂▲○▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
.⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂○┐..♣♣♣.÷. ▲▲▲⌂⌂○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲∞~~∞~~⌂⌂▲○▲ ▲▲⌂....└┐..♣♣♣#. ⌂⌂⌂♣♣│♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲^▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~∞▲│▲ ▲▲♣♣♣...≈≈.....♣ ♣...┌┘♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲∞⌂~~⌂⌂~~~⌂▲│▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣.≈≈≈≈..... ┌─┐.│...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂▲▲⌂~⌂∞▲│▲ ▲▲z=z==z≈≈└──┐.. │.└─≈≈─────○▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲┌┘▲ ▲▲Z⌂=Z♣┌┘....└#─ ┘....≈...♣♣.⌂▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲┌┘▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣z.│.....⌂↑↑ ........♣♣♣♣┌○▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂○⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲‼══╗ ▲⌂⌂♣♣..│...⌂⌂#~↑ .........♣♣♣│⌂▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○▲▲╚ ═‼⌂════╪══⌂⌂~║~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│♣⌂▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~d÷# ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐δ⌂ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲♥▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..╔╝≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣§
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐⌂ ⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å╗▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├V─Θ≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣♥
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂│♣ ♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂⌂║⌂⌂...♣ ♣╔═╗♣♣.♣♣│....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..┌─┴─ ─┐δ≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂ÅÇ.Å♣♣♣ ç╝≈╚╗♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈☻≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘...~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○──┘.⌂♣ ♣└─≈≈⌂⌂.ç..┌──── Θ≈≈≈╨─┬═Θ♣....≈≈ ≈≈≈»≈≈≈≈....~~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..⌂⌂⌂ ♣♣≈≈δδç───Θ┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣.c.≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈...P£.~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂... .♣♣♣δ..♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣╞╞╞..≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈.↑s↑£▲▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~. .♣♣..♣.♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣╞╞..≈≈»≈≈≈ »≈≈»ΩΩ⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~ .♣♣♣..Φ..♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣♣♣⌂¥⌂æ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑≡▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~ .♣....ΦΦ.÷ΦΦΦ... ♣♣♣..¥♥⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂~~~~~~~~~ ......Φ....Φ.... .....⌂⌂≈»≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈»¥⌂▲♀..♀.▲⌂⌂~↑
⌂⌂~~≈≈≈≈≈↑↑⌂⌂~~~ ↑....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈¥▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈
~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲▲▲ ⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.¥.≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~~
≈≈≈↑↑≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂⌂ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂¥═¥≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~
≈≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈.↑≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂≡▲↑↑~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈.≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑⌂⌂▲♥⌂~~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂▲▲⌂~

In the dark, cold night of the desert, Abro Vas, the Prince of Prisms, master glassmaker of the Runes of Enlightenment, stood on the roof of the highest tower of Alchemia, admiring his creation. He was quite proud, having built this glass masterpiece in barely a few months. Currently, it only had a limited use. It could only be used to flash messages, and only at night, but he was planning of making it the centerpiece of all his following grand creations.

The invention was a huge 9m tall amalgamation of hundreds of crystal glass lenses, prisms, and mirrors. During the day, it reflected and refracted as much light as possible into a tube under it. The tube, which was made up of hundreds of mirrors, led to the 7th level of the tower (the tower is 26 levels, each 3.5m high, for a total of 91m) were a large chamber contained many alchemically treated and rune-inscribed gems that absorbed the light. At night, these gems released the light back through the tower up to the invention, which had all its parts rearranged through simple manual pulleys and gears, and could send flashes out to any direction, in any speed, and in a variety of colours depending on the lenses used.

Abro coudn't wait until he finally had some experienced alchemists and rune inscribers that could help him make his greater dreams come true. In the meantime, he had to settle for this. "Anyone got an objection if I put a name to my wonder?", he cried to his co-glassworkers arranging the contraption for its first try. "Not at all boss!", came the reply.
"Hm, how about... The Great Wonder? No, no... The Crystal Tower! Nah, too generic... Oh, oh! I got it! Somethin with 'flame' in it... The Flame of Destiny!! Yes! THAT's it!"
"Um, isn't it a bit farfetched, boss? Out of context?"
"Hey, its MY flame, so I'll do the naming. YOU stick to macking it work!!"
And with that, the first flashes were sent, towards were the other flashes had come from. 55 green flashes, not as bright as those he had seen the night of the incident, but bright enough for whoever was up there to see if they were expecting it. Ounce that was done, the whole machine was rearranged, and pointed towards Nova, were The Great Leader Orion Primus was staying. Making sure the contraptions were fit in a way only someone exactly at Nova could see the flashes, he started sending a special morse code, using flash length, strength, and color, to recount to Primus all that had occured since he had left. This coding was only taught to the higher ranking golems, meaning only three golems present in the desert could understand it, and only Primus was anywhere where it could be seen.

============================================================================

Orion layed down on the sand as he mentally deciphered the flashing message. He had definitely not expected Alchemia to develop such a communication in such a short while, but it was definitely not the only surprise. Inventions, promotions, contact with other beings... Finally, things were starting again to get a bit more interesting than the tons of paperwork.

============================================================================

Settlements:
Alchemia: 64
(the one in middle of desert, btw its on a low hill tile not desert tile)
- 1 Large Steel Golem master miner (Ferrum Animus, Chief of Diggers)
- 1 Glass Golem reinforced with bands of Steel, master glassmaker (Abro Vas, Prince of Prisms)
- 11 Iron Golem miners
- 22 Clay Golems
- 16 Copper Golem engineers
- 13 Glass Golems reinforced with bands of bronze, glassmakers

Terra: 75
(the one west of desert)
- 20 Iron Golem miners
- 25 Clay Golems
- 15 Copper Golem engineers
- 15 Bauxite Golem smiths

Altus Tumulosus: 37
(settlement NE of Terra)
- 10 Iron Golem miners
- 20 Clay Golems
- 7 Copper Golem engineers

Eterna: 19
(east of desert)
- 3 Iron Golem miners
- 10 Clay Golems
- 6 Copper Golem engineers

Nova: 15
(SE of desert)
- 1 Platinum Golem decorated with bands of Gold and implanted with a Star Ruby in hist chest and inscribed with many glowing runes throughout his body (Orion Primus, Guardian of the Seals of the Ancients, Hero)
- 7 Iron Golem miners
- 3 Clay Golems
- 4 Copper Golem engineers

[ June 09, 2008: Message edited by: Poltifar ]

<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: June 09, 2008, 05:26:00 am »

OOC: simple question poltifar, but does the golems have a need to support their population somehow? Eg. do they have to eat, sleep or anything?

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: June 09, 2008, 05:56:00 am »

((they sort of 'eat', but instead of food, its metals and gems to sustain the magical energies of their body. The more powerful and advanced the golem, the more rare resources needed to power him. (currently the surrounding mountains give more than enough 'food', since there are many full-time miners and most golems are low-level and only need stuff like copper to sustain themselves, but if I were to move, say, in a forest, I would need to have a constant wave of caravans delivering metals and gems to the location, or carry alot with me) They also need maintainance for their bodies, so there are the engineers. They also sort of 'sleep', but its more like a trans that they need to rest and rebalance their souls. Its shorter than other creature's sleep, only 6 hours per day, and it can be done at any time, not only night. Finally, golems are aslo slow, and like to take their time when doing anything if there is no reason to hurry, since they live for long periods of time, atleast a century, and can be Soulforged into a new body to live even longer))

((Summary of all that:
-Golem miners = farmers (they get food)
-Golem engineers = doctors (fix body)
-Location needed to provide food = mountain rich in metal/gem resources))

[ June 09, 2008: Message edited by: Poltifar ]

<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: June 09, 2008, 02:05:00 pm »

Raom didn't even blink at Hjolf's bold statement, instead his face twisting into a cheery smile, "I can't imagine how we vulpinan's could threaten your kind. As for being cunning, well, the very definition of a cunning foe is one who knows when and how to provoke his enemy. It would be the heart of foolishness for us to provoke your people before getting to know them."

Keeping his grin on his face Raom continued, motioning to the giant to follow as he began to walk towards a nearby building, "So I take it that you are a warrior nation, from your belligerent warning. That is understandable, as your homes likely lack the food for proper growth, and the wood for a smelting operation, but dangerous for my people as we are your closest neighbors."

Raom opened the door to one of the buildings and went inside, causing Hjolf to be unable to interrupt as he ducked his head to avoid bashing it on the low ceiling.  "However we vulpinans are no strangers to combat, and we know it's results. Many of my people are skilled in the arts of healing and medicine, enough that with only a few weeks of training they could easily become skilled enough to be considered field medics or doctors. Therefore, as the mayor of Liliaceleba and on behalf of the rest of my people I will offer you a deal:

As so long as no giant enters our forest without a writ by our ambassador to your people, or attacks a vulpinan we are willing to supply your armies with one medic and two nurses for every fifty of your kind, along with as many medical supplies as a vulpinan wagon can carry. In exchange for unrefined metal we will offer a supply of wood and foodstuffs totaling to half of the weight of the offered metal. And in exchange for every wagon of medical herbs over that which our medics take with them, we ask for five giant volunteers be sent to Aveceleba for one year. One of them, at your leader's discretion, may be taught the healing arts, while the other four will serve in our armed forced as mercenaries and train vulpinan soldiers. Obviously the four mercenaries will be paid for the service, in addition to the medicine that the storm giants will recive."

"So, what do you say Hjolf?" Raom said as they finished walking down a hallway into a small room filled with clean beds and hung with white privacy curtains between them, a number of vulpinan's running crisscrossed the room, carrying food, drink, and a multitude of other things. The Vulpinan leader's walk led them to the foot of an occupied bed, the vulpinan inside of it shivering and shaking in it's sleep, a wide bandage covering his right arm.

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: June 09, 2008, 03:38:00 pm »

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│♣⌂▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~d÷# ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐⌂ ⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å╗▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├V─Θ≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣♥
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..⌂⌂⌂ ♣♣≈≈δδç───Θ┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣..c≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈...P£.~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂... .♣♣♣δ..♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣╞╞╞..≈≈»≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈.↑s↑£▲▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~. .♣♣..♣.♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣╞╞..≈≈≈≈≈≈ »≈≈»ΩΩ⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~

"Oi, Mori, d'you see that?"

Elirah stopped and turned, motioning for Morindus to do the same.

"I can't see a thing, just water as far as-"

"Look closer," she said, standing over his shoulder and pointing out to sea, "It's just there, near th' horizon."

"Ah, I see it now. But... what is it? Pass me the spyglass."

Elirah reached into her satchel and fished out their spyglass, handing it to him. He raised it to his eye and brought the distant object into focus.

"Why, it's a ship!"

"What? Out here? But where did it come from? We've been up an' down this beach, and haven't seen any ports or cities."

"Hold on a moment, they're flying a banner, I can't quite make it..." Morindus trailed off, staring in shock at what he saw.

"Bloody Hell... Eli, it's one of ours!"

Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: June 09, 2008, 05:40:00 pm »

ooc:

By comparing Poltifars discribtion of a Golem with Istrians Ship and my Messenger/Spy bird (which uses more Tech and less magic) i think the Ship is maybe "Alive" and "self aware".

Anyway i thougt the entire time that one turn is the same as one season or 3 Months so nothing should change for me.

[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: June 09, 2008, 05:43:00 pm »

((Ok; I just read that Girl Genius comic for 7 hours or so straight because of this thread (Its AWESOME!), so I didn’t get much time and I also feel rather dizzy, so I might miss something. Also because of this expect lacking RP.
And because I only reread the thread one day back usually the questions I miss would be best to just ask again tomorrow or something.

Some stuff I do remember kinda:
Is the one turn=one season=0.25 year decided then?
About vulpi balance: there is more than just wars and magic and machines, the vulpis greatest weapon is their charms, wits, and sleight of hand. Also I could very well imagine them making a fortune buying weapons from the !!elves!! and selling them to the giants or Tengu.
The balance in general must be considered in more dimensions in several ways; sure there is a opposition between macic and tech, but there is more to it, there are several types of magic, there is divine intervention, there is the factor of how expansionist and militaristic the race is, and millions of other factors. The winner most likely will not be the one whit the biggest gun, not even the one whit the biggest empire, but the one whit the biggest influence.
For the zefie needing hightech weaponry it is also very likely they would buy that from the !!elves!!, maybe even some steamtank like stuff. The reason the !!elves!! don’t have mobile steamtech is that they must handle water like liquid hydrogen, they could overcome that butt resent complaints tells me they shouldn’t, and it would destroy some racial flavour anyways.
Welcome to the game Dark, hope you can join soon!
And this tread really is SO AWESOME! I spend hours on it every day in one way or another I think.
And those golems sound just TO AWESOME and flexible for my sanity, there is no limit to what the !!elves!! could do whit that whit even half their current tech, by only their bare hands there are few !!elves!! in Ariquemera that couldn’t build such an overpowered warmech I would be kicked out of the game immediately. How am I gonna solve that dilemma?
I already have some wonderfull !!designs!!… MOAHAHAHAH!!! *lightningstrike in background* …AHAHAHAH!!! Uuh… The Spark really drives you insane, I’m dizzy…
Hmm, won’t Iten show any ABILITIES soon? Hercules strangled three snakes, that sort of thing?
))

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Turn 25: (Autumn)

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~≡▲│▲ ▲▲♣♣♣...≈≈.....♣ ♣...┌┘♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂▲▲⌂~⌂W▲│▲ ▲▲z=z==z≈≈└──┐D. │.└─≈≈─────○▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲┌┘▲ ▲▲⌂⌂Y♣♣┌┘....└#─ ┘....≈...♣♣.⌂▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│♣⌂▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~╠↑# ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐δ⌂ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲♥▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂║≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣§
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐⌂ ⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å╗▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├v─Θ≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣♥
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○──┘.⌂♣ ♣└─≈≈⌂⌂.ç..┌──── Θ≈≈≈──┐═ΘV....≈≈ ≈≈≈»≈≈≈≈...s~~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..⌂⌂⌂ ♣♣≈≈δδç───Θ┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣.c.≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈...P£.~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂... .♣♣♣δ..♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣╞╞v..≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈.↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~ .♣♣♣..Φ..♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣♣♣⌂≡⌂æ≈≈»≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑≡▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~ .♣....ΦΦ.÷.≡♣... ♣♣♣..¥♥⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂~~~~~~~~~ ......Φ......... .....⌂⌂≈»≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈»¥⌂▲♀..♀.▲⌂⌂~↑
⌂⌂~~≈≈≈≈≈↑↑⌂⌂~~~ ↑....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≡▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈
≈≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈.↑≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲↑↑~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂

Efil-inira: 42 !!elves!! (hamlet) (+-0 since last turn)
Ariquemera: 118 !!elves!! (town+hamlet) (+5 since last turn)
In armies/expeditions: 3 !!elves!!
Other: 8 working/travelling between Ariquemera and Efil-inira.
Total: 171 !!elves!!

((Fothacema negotiates whit Dracon.  
Iranineleni sobs in the giant’s fire-pit. ((Thou I did post something for Niphanter to respond to abaut this last turn, he threw a diamond.))
Amizoimi live happily whit the Zefies, and is beginning to learn some common. (55% complete.)
Efil-inira has stagnated.
The new tower in Efil-inira is now 90m.
“The Great Façade of Efil-inira” begun, sealing/deconstruction of old city 30% complete, building the castle 5% complete, needed parts for castle ordered from Ariquemera.
Some of various Buildings and science done in Ariquemera:
The tech development is slowing down by now, for OOC game balancing reasons.
The great tower continues flashing the Fibonacci numbers towards the cities every night, but it is given far less priority than the golem tower communications.
There is also continued blinking to Shushaw Shesh, still only visible as a blinking green star at the horizon every night.
))

List of important people:
Acathiima, hero and leader of Efil-inira: Legendary organizer, skilled bow!!elf!! (Doing paperwork and ruling from The Seat of Authority, in Efil-inira.)
Yanenirica-Awidi, advisor and secretary of Acathiima: professional lawyer, professional diplomat, legendary organizer, master politician, legendary liar, legendary flatterer. (Doing paperwork and ruling by The Seat of Authority, in Efil-inira.)
Ilecaaye, ground-breaking geologist: grand-master miner, grand legendary geologist, talented metalworker, master chemist, skilled mechanic, master mathematician. (Making science in Ariquemera.)
Fothacema, scout/diplomat: professional scout, skilled ranger, talented diplomat (negotiating whit the Dracon.)
Iranineleni, lawyer: professional lawyer, professional diplomat, skilled organizer, novice politician, dabbling jackass, dabbling scout. (Captured and “enslaved” by storm giants.)
Amizoimi, scout/diplomat: skilled scout, skilled ranger, talented bow!!elf!!, talented diplomat, novice middlemanagement, novice cartographer. (negotiating whit the Zefies.)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quote:
"I think we would not have any difficulty getting workers for you. See, back home we are members of a country that was originally just a very large group of mercenaries led by a great hero. We still train and hire out adventurers and small armies for large monster slaying, though now we hire out laborers as well."
"I don't see why we should stop doing it just because we aren't home anymore. The workers will require food and lodging and a small amount of credit weekly to purchase what they otherwise need, but they receive a percentage of what we make off of their work as well. So most of the cost of maintaining them will be minimal. They will also need to be allowed to come back home if they wish, but we will try to replace whomever decides to."
As an afterthought the high priest said, "We will need to teach each other our languages though. We haven't had to deal with a situation where we couldn't easily communicate with our clients. We can send word of the job opportunity and we can begin Vanheim Common and Efil-iniran Elven lessons in a week. Sound fair?"

“I accept you proposal.
Thou you will most likely need to bring your own food as what we eat are rocks that may as well be poisonous to you and what you eat would most likely turn to ash if we even came near it, these difficulties will of course be taken into account calculating your payment.
However what we are most interested in is still your knowledge, and especially your magic. What is your price for that?”

((These brave warriors are gonna be so… what awaits them is not glorious war or heroism but most likly, but guard duty, teaching, or body labour like plumbing and water carrying (!!Elves!! can’t handle water because it boils)…
Lodging will be no problem if they are fine sleeping on rock beds, payment certainly won’t, but food might be a problem as the !!elves!! eat uranium and there is absolutely no infrastructure for it, so food would have to be brought whit them.))

quote:
And with that, the first flashes were sent, towards were the other flashes had come from. 55 green flashes, not as bright as those he had seen the night of the incident, but bright enough for whoever was up there to see if they were expecting it.

((I had a really good RP planned for this when I first read it but I am to dizzy to remember it and write it down.  :(
Basically half of Ariquemera is on the project and analyzing and deciphering everything received (the number of signals, the length, spectral analysis of the colour, it is dissected to the last photon.) and flashing signals constantly, even during the day using the Big Laser reconfigured as a communications device (meaning it will take ca 5h to reconfigure it to weaponry in case of extremely improbable attack).
All of Ariquemera are crazy from excitement. Man got to the moon whit less computation power than there is in a modern pocket calculator.
EVERYTHING is done to establish contact and communications.
I can most likely configure the RP idea I got to just bee even better once I get your response.
The stuff that affects the golems are: ca 5 minutes after the 55 blinks have ended the tower is totally DRENCHED in repeats of the 55 pulses at strength 3 times the one used before for the Fibonacci numbers but the exact same hue as the signal the golems sent. The 55 signal repeats every five minutes, day and night if necessary, until further response is received. If it is not received until then the day after the Fibonacci numbers blinking will resume TOGETHER whit the 55 blinking.))
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: June 09, 2008, 05:50:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Heph:
<STRONG>ooc:

By comparing Poltifars discribtion of a Golem with Istrians Ship and my Messenger/Spy bird (which uses more Tech and less magic) i think the Ship is maybe "Alive" and "self aware".

Anyway i thougt the entire time that one turn is the same as one season or 3 Months so nothing should change for me.</STRONG>

((Yes, kinda like that Argo from Greek mythology that contained a piece of magic wood that made it sentient. (crude version)
That's awesome to! :D
It also means the floating CITY is sentinent.
However, I suspect those are not very sophisticated sentinences, being made from thousands of birds and so, more like a collective flock-mind in nature.))
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: June 09, 2008, 10:38:00 pm »

"Well our priestly magic we took an oath never to exploit directly for money." She said, looking a little disappointed. "We can prepare some books and texts of the history of our world, some technical manuals on things like metallurgy and navigation, popular myths and stories, holy books and other such things, but it would be against our code to send large amounts solely for profit."

"As for giving you our magical powers it requires an unfailing faith in one or more of our gods" she indicated the walls where many statues of gods were displayed, large and small, peaceful and warlike, good and evil.  "and will take some training to channel the energies correctly.  From what we learned from the god that is financing this 'quest'" indicating a statue of Youh. "all of the other races here have their own gods that brought them here and lead them.  I assume you are the same?" she asks, not mentioning the summoning magic due to the lack of anyone around capable of teaching outside of campcastle.

((Sent ya a PM with my AIM screenname Jamini.  I'll be on until I go to bed tonight [2 more hours] and from 10am-ish to 2 pm Eastern [Daytona Beach, Florida time]tomarrow.))

[ June 10, 2008: Message edited by: Greiger ]

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: June 09, 2008, 10:48:00 pm »

((Okay, lemme post again, this time with corrections.))

[ June 10, 2008: Message edited by: Xotes ]

Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: June 09, 2008, 11:33:00 pm »

((Funny, cause it's not a who, it's a what.  Namely, an airship that's, what was it, 14km up in the sky?  Although, I believe it was decided that it was somewhat sentient...  

Not much happens this turn.  The expedition finally finds what they were looking for, packs up, and leaves.  The stone quarrying hamlet becomes a village.  And that's about it.  Maybe I'll add some RP in the morning, if I can think of anything good.))

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│♣⌂▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~║÷# ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐⌂ ⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å╗▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├──Θ≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣♥
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..┌─┴─ ─┐δ≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂ÅÇ.Å♣♣♣ ╔╝≈╚╗♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈☻≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘...~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..⌂⌂⌂ ♣♣≈≈δδç───Θ┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣..c≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈...╔£.~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂... .♣♣♣δ..♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣╞╞╞..≈≈»≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈.↑s↑£╝▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~ .♣....ΦΦr.ΦΦΦ... ♣♣♣..¥♥⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂~~~~~~~~~ ......Φ....Φ.... .....⌂⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈»¥⌂▲♀..♀.▲⌂⌂~↑
⌂⌂~~≈≈≈≈≈↑↑⌂⌂~~~ ↑....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈»≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈¥▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈
≈≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈.↑≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂¥▲↑↑~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂

code:

Steenstad - Stone Town     : S of Wijnfontein       : Ipetian   : Village

[ June 10, 2008: Message edited by: Frelock ]

All generalizations are false....including this one.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: June 09, 2008, 11:58:00 pm »

((Greiger: Sending you a PM.))
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: June 10, 2008, 12:08:00 am »

<<This>>

((My turn is as follows:

Karaman's group reaches Romilath around the same time as the Dracon diplomat.

Thaciomu grows to a Town))

Turn 26 - Winter

code:

((PS! Please everyone try to get into the habit of posting the most recently posted map. I had to skip over both Armok and Xotes maps because they were inaccurate at the time of posting.

Addendum: Has anyone heard anything from Gaulgath? I know CaptainBlood said he will be gone for a long time, but our local dwarven god seems to have vanished. :/.

Second Addendum: Xotes, the upgrade is fine. As I said before, I wouldn't allow it of most civs, but the special construction style of The Hub and the recent construction of a nearby mining facility complete with road between the two means it makes sense to have a bustling metropolis there. While you were gone you missed a war between the Tengu and Valtens, the Tengu won but suffered heavy casualties and the remainder of the Valtens are a few refugees on a boat headed north up the west coast of the central sea, two scouts who were not present at the time of the carnage, and Larika, who is currently in Romilath in a group with Vime's champion.

The giants have just begun to fire up their war machine, and a group is marching on Liliaceleba, while a vulpinan who has been tortured and brainwashed by one of Ukko's servents is travelling towards the Roshani.

In Romilath, south of the dracons a certain lord has been collecting soldiers and steel in a manner that has been annoying the Dracon leadership as well as his own countrymen, while the !!elves!! have made peaceful contact with the Dracons, Zelfie, and it beginning to make contact with the Golems. Technologically the !!Elves!!, Roshani, and Golems have made a number of startling advances, while the vulpinan's have been assimilating dracon summoning techniques into their society. Dracon mages and priests have been primarily advancing their magical ability (some without permission of the others), while the Thelash have constructed a wonderous neigh-impregnable citidel many miles into the sky.

In all, a little more blood would be nice. However, I feel that in the next few turns the west portion of the map will wish for a long respite.))

[ June 10, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: June 10, 2008, 12:13:00 am »

((500 ? I thought the Pringers were a slowly growing civ ? The Tengu are fast growing, and even if you add all dead Tengu there aren't 500))

Again, nothing big happens. As it is winter, no new settler groups embark. However Mahoyiga expans with the group that left last turn.

Mohayiga+harbour: city : 137
Eientei: town : 110
Murakami: town : 100
Makai : town : 109
Divine shrine : cloister : 10

code:

▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂~~~~~~~~~ ......Φ....Φ.... .....⌂⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈»¥⌂▲♀..♀.▲⌂⌂~↑
⌂⌂~~≈≈≈≈≈↑↑⌂⌂~~~ ↑....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈»≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈¥▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈
≈≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈.↑≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂¥▲↑↑~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂

[ June 10, 2008: Message edited by: Akroma ]

[ June 10, 2008: Message edited by: Akroma ]

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: June 10, 2008, 12:26:00 am »

(( A metropolis only needs to have over 140 souls inside, however Xotes never did state that the pringer are particularly slow-growing (Indeed, with proper metals it seems rather easy to create a full-grown pringer from scratch. They are mechanical with souls after all, not that dissimilar from the golems in concept if not in execution.). Technologically advanced yes, at the price of mobility and the ability to use equipment made by other races. It's far more likely that the hub has around two or three hundred, with another thirty or so at the mining camp.

PS: Are you camping turn changes Akroma?))

[ June 10, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 81