Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 81

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread  (Read 106417 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread
« Reply #795 on: June 08, 2008, 03:22:00 pm »

code:

♣♣│♣♣....⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
♣♣└≈≈─○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
.♣♣♣│⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
..⌂▲○▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
.⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂○┐..♣♣♣.÷. ▲▲▲⌂⌂○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲∞~~∞~~⌂⌂▲○▲ ▲▲⌂....└┐..♣♣♣#. ⌂⌂⌂♣♣│♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲^▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~∞▲│▲ ▲▲♣♣♣...≈≈.....♣ ♣...┌┘♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲∞⌂~~⌂⌂~~~⌂▲│▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣.≈≈≈≈..... ┌─┐.│...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂▲▲⌂~⌂∞▲│▲ ▲▲z=z==z≈≈└──┐D. │.└─≈≈─────○▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲┌┘▲ ▲▲Z⌂=Z♣┌┘....└#─ ┘....≈...♣♣.⌂▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲┌┘▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣z.│.....⌂↑↑ ........♣♣♣♣┌○▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂○⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲‼══╗ ▲⌂⌂♣♣..│...⌂⌂#~↑ .........♣♣♣│⌂▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○▲▲╚ ═‼⌂════╪══⌂⌂~║~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│♣⌂▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~╠↑# ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐δ⌂ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲♥▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂║≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣§
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐⌂ ⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å╗▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├v─Θ≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣♥
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂│♣ ♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂⌂║⌂⌂...♣ ♣╔═╗♣♣.♣♣│....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..┌─┴─ ─┐δ≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂ÅÇ.Å♣♣♣ ç╝≈╚╗♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈☻≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘...~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○──┘.⌂♣ ♣└─≈≈⌂⌂.ç..┌──── Θ≈≈≈──┐═ΘV....≈≈ ≈≈≈»≈≈≈≈...s~~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..⌂⌂⌂ ♣♣≈≈δδç───Θ┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣.c.≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈...P£.~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂... .♣♣♣δ..♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣╞╞v..≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈.↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~. .♣♣..♣.♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣╞╞..≈≈»≈≈≈ »≈≈»ΩΩ⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~ .♣♣♣..Φ..♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣♣♣⌂≡⌂æ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑≡▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~ .♣....ΦΦ.÷.≡♣... ♣♣♣..¥♥⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂~~~~~~~~~ ......Φ......... .....⌂⌂≈»≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈»¥⌂▲♀..♀.▲⌂⌂~↑
⌂⌂~~≈≈≈≈≈↑↑⌂⌂~~~ ↑....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≡▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈
~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲▲▲ ⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.¥.≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~~
≈≈≈↑↑≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂⌂ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂¥═¥≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~
≈≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈.↑≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲↑↑~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈.≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑⌂⌂▲♥⌂~~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂▲▲⌂~

My annoying little sister is demanding my computer (Damn you Sims 2.)
So there won't any Rping for now.

Felu sees the flash and asks the !!elf!! about it. The point that it's a message from the capital gets through. Felu orders a road to be built south in an attempt to connect. (Capital is the south one, right?)

Big stone walls in Hopegem begin to be constructed.
Gouzzi starts to train an elite markzefie group using powered-up crossbows.

Yankee is in southern city (Siegebreak) planning defenses and training soldiers.

Road is being built N of Siegebreak.

Even the avatars expire eventually.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: June 08, 2008, 03:35:00 pm »

ooc: Well Jamini i have to say i read many Webcomics but one thing is serious no "Jägers" for the next 10 turns. And i think Istrian reads "Girl Genius" too because he has introduced an Gilgamesh like Lightningdefence for one of his cities.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: June 08, 2008, 03:39:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Heph:
<STRONG>ooc: Well Jamini i have to say i read many Webcomics but one thing is serious no "Jägers" for the next 10 turns. And i think Istrian reads "Girl Genius" too because he has introduced an Gilgamesh like Lightningdefence for one of his cities.</STRONG>

((Aww.

At least I've still got my HAT! Yez!))

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: June 08, 2008, 03:43:00 pm »

((Sorry to disappoint you Heph but, no, I don't read "Girl Genius". The lightning defense idea came from the fact that Thelash buildings look like towers and domes, so they would certainly be struck by lightning from time to time. That and I tend to play mages with lightning powers in RPGs. Would have added the Air sphere to Shelesh but somehow it didn't fit.))

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: June 08, 2008, 04:00:00 pm »

Awww. Well then here is the Link to it. It might give you some additional Ideas.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: June 08, 2008, 06:01:00 pm »

800:th post!
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: June 08, 2008, 08:09:00 pm »

((Finally read through the entire thread, and it only took me 3 days of intensive eye-pain! Not to say I didnt enjoy it, this thread surpasses the previous, improving on it and sparking a new interest in me. As such, I'm going to join in! At least, I'll join in once I get home in some weeks, leaving me another 10-20 pages to read through and most likely leaving me well behind all the other civs, but no matter.

Tomorrow I'll be leaving my current location, which also means leaving my current connection behind. I may be able to check back sometime before I get home, but it's unlikely. One last thing to say before I go missing again- I love the Irish Pub the !!elves!! built, dont forget to get some !!Guinness!! off 'em.  :) ))

Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: June 08, 2008, 08:39:00 pm »

((You'll definatly be welcome in Dark. Hearing praise from the person who practically maintained the last thread makes me feel so good I can't quite describe it fully. It's good to know you'll be around.  :D))

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: June 08, 2008, 11:11:00 pm »

((Be glad to have ya back Dark.

I agree with the 1 turn = season stuff. thats generally what I've been considering it.

And Jamini, I forgot to mention, the Vulpinians that come to the dracon settlements are well treated.  Little discrimination takes place, and mostly only happens if they try to get employed in the city doing things like delivery services[for which flight is a requirement] or any jobs that require alot of heavy lifting[The smaller Vulpinians likely can't lift as much weight as a Dracon].  Merchants and stall owners would be wary with them due to the trade difficulties in Oceantrades but would happily hire them after they show themselves to be good citizens in the community.  The Vulpinians would likely have difficulty finding plant based foods but it wouldn't be impossible. Dracon mingle well with other races that can tolerate them[elves from home don't] as long as there not drunk.  There are actually very few Dracon majority cities on their homeworld, most of them live with Humans, Dwarves, and other such races.))

-_-_-_<("<_>")> (kirbydance cuz I cant think of what to write)_-_-_-_-

|Campcastle Temple|

"I think we would not have any difficulty getting workers for you. See, back home we are members of a country that was originally just a very large group of mercenaries led by a great hero.  We still train and hire out adventurers and small armies for large monster slaying, though now we hire out laborers as well."

"I don't see why we should stop doing it just because we aren't home anymore.  The workers will require food and lodging and a small amount of credit weekly to purchase what they otherwise need, but they receive a percentage of what we make off of their work as well.  So most of the cost of maintaining them will be minimal.  They will also need to be allowed to come back home if they wish, but we will try to replace whomever decides to."

As an afterthought the high priest said, "We will need to teach each other our languages though. We haven't had to deal with a situation where we couldn't easily communicate with our clients. We can send word of the job opportunity and we can begin Vanheim Common and Efil-iniran Elven lessons in a week. Sound fair?"

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂▲▲⌂~⌂∞▲│▲ ▲▲z=z==z≈≈└──┐.. │.└─≈≈─────○▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│♣⌂▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~╠÷# ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~ .♣....ΦΦ.÷.≡♣... ♣♣♣..¥♥⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂~~~~~~~~~ ......Φ......... .....⌂⌂≈»≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈»¥⌂▲♀..♀.▲⌂⌂~↑

[ June 09, 2008: Message edited by: Greiger ]

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: June 09, 2008, 12:22:00 am »

((I vote for 1 turn = 1 season, 4 turn = 1 year, and seasons being announced at beginning of each turn and seasons can affect large-scale events such as war.))

((What I'm gona write now is not taking my turn, just giving some info about the Golems))

Some extracts from "Basic Magomechanics: An Introduction to Golems", Author and Date Written unknown, found in the tombs of the ancient Golems of Al'Qwat at Nova.

Basic Characteristics of Golems:
A Golem is basically a body and a soul joined together through powerful rune, gem, and alchemic magic. The body can be almost any material immaginable, in any shape immaginable. The only reason all current Golems are humanoids is tradition, ethics, and the difficulty to balance other shapes. It would be possible, for instance, to create a flying aluminum bird-shaped golem or an iron giant cave spider golem with 13 eyes, 9 legs, 7 mouths and a pincer. The only limit is the imagination of the creator. Normal golem bodies are basically blocks of the specific material with joints joining them at specific places, meaning golems such as the iron miners are incredibly difficult to puncture or break, being made of pieces of pure iron, but can be incredibly weak at the joints. All golems bodies are joined to a soul during a dangerous ritual in wich the soul is binded to an alchemically treated gem wich is then placed inside the golem (not necessarily the head). Destroying the body does not destroy the soul unless the gem is also destroyed. The soul used is normally a simple unused soul created during the ritual, but it is possible to use an already existing soul. That leads us to soulforging.

Soulforging:
Soulforging is a term normally used to describe the upgrading of Golems. It entails carefully melting the original body of the Golem such as not to damage the Binding Gem, then extracting the gem before reforging a new body for the golem and including the gem in it.

But a little known fact of Soulforging, is that ANY soul can be included in a Golem. Meaning that, using a biding ritual, the soul of another living creature is binded, the soul of that creature could be inserted into a golem body. That creature retains all memories and personalities it had in its previous body, but gains control of the new body.

It has also been proposed that it might be possible to create a golem with many souls, but that has never been tried.

Golem joints:
The joints of a Golem's body depend on the type of golem. For lower quality and lower importance types, they are simply a socket and a certain shape that fit into each other while still being able to move around. Golems that need more carrying power might have some gears and pulleys in their joints to modify the way the weight is distributed, but these mechanics themselves do not move the joint. They are simply present while the magic that powers the Golems moves the body joints.

Golem eyes:
The eyes present on a golem are normally made of clear glass, with some higher golems having crytal glass or even gems for eyes. They work similarily to the human eye, in that a lense focuses the light onto a single point at the back of the eye. Their, a magical rune is inscribed that sends the visiual information to the soul. The interior of the eye also has many mirror-like structures that increase the light captured on the rune, thus giving all golems a weak low-light vision. The eyes can also be modified with more runes to increase even more the low-light vision up-to giving full night-vision. More powerful lenses can even give the golem telescopic vision, and alchemically modified glass in the lense can filter specific light and give the golem x-ray or infra-red vision.

Othe Golem features:
From here, all further add-ons are optional. Golem bodies being highly shapable and modible, only your imagination is the limit to what might be added to it.

[ June 09, 2008: Message edited by: Poltifar ]

<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: June 09, 2008, 12:26:00 am »

"The bending reed has weathered the storm," thought Wolk as he watched the bustling signs of activity throughout Buigend Riet.  The city was quickly becoming its old self again.  Zuidengebied and Westengebied had been reestablished to provide the main city with food, and a new hamlet to the east had been founded, in order to keep watch for any incursions upon Ipetian territory.

To the west, signal fires had been seen; apparently, they were from an expedition out of a new settlement which Riet had founded.  Wolk was saddened by the news that, in fact, Riet had met with another race long before the black-clad stranger had visited Blijzon's doorstep.  Still, it was good to learn that not all races were hostile.  These Roshani seemed downright hospitable.

~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~

"Snel, a scout reported back in, and there's something you should see."  Snel, still operating out of Wereldmond, nodded his head at the messenger.  

Ever since he had agreed to take on this job, things had been hectic, to say the least.  Running a settlement didn't seem like a lot of work, but between the scouts' reports, the disputes, and the general management of a hamlet, Snel didn't have much time to sleep.  Gesturing over to a table, he said, "Alright, here's a map; show me the problem."

The messenger unfurled the map.  "Here," he said, pointing to a place west of the hamlet.  "The scout from this area reported that there was some sort of group in the distance, over here."  He pointed north-east of the scouts position.  He said it looked like some sort of work crew."

Snel pondered it for a moment.  "That area is just to the south of the Roshanian city, if these maps are right.  Likely, it's them, though what they would be doing, I'm not too sure."  Thinking it over, he said, "We won't do anything for now.  Send a message off to Riet informing him of this event.  He's had far more experience with Roshani than we."

A week later, Snel got his reply.  "Wait" was all it said.

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│♣⌂▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~╠÷# ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~. .♣♣.║♣.♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣╞╞..≈≈»≈≈≈ »≈≈»ΩΩ⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~ .♣....ΦΦ.÷ΦΦΦ... ♣♣♣..¥♥⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂~~~~~~~~~ ......Φ....Φ.... .....⌂⌂≈»≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈»¥⌂▲♀..♀.▲⌂⌂~↑

((I agree with the one turn one season idea, it's what I have been going off of.

Man, I'm falling behind.  I don't have as much time for this.  Therefore, my RP is suffering.  My apologies.

Temporary camp still searches for the supplies, and the migration brakes up into the one city and three hamlets it was at before.))

code:

Wijnfontein - Wine Fountain: C of S plains          : Ipetian   : City
Zonsopgangziet - Sunrise Watch: E of Wijnfontein    : Ipetian   : Hamlet
Steenstad - Stone Town     : S of Wijnfontein       : Ipetian   : Hamlet
Wereldmond - World's Mouth : N of Wijnfontein       : Ipetian   : Hamlet
Buigendriet - Bending Reed : S edge of C forest     : Ipetian   : City
Zuidengebied - Southfield  : S of Buigendriet       : Ipetian   : Hamlet
Westengebied - Westfield   : W of Buigendriet       : Ipetian   : Hamlet
Brandzie - Fire Watch      : E of Buigendriet       : Ipetian   : Hamlet

[ June 09, 2008: Message edited by: Frelock ]

All generalizations are false....including this one.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: June 09, 2008, 02:00:00 am »

The late summer sun shone down brightly as a large riverboat undocked from Aveceleba, reflecting off of the silvery waters of the Lathmaile and bouncing back into silvery waves on the edge of the boat.

Karaman was at the aft of the boat, keeping her eye on the tiller as the current pushed the shallow-bottom boat downstream. The sunlight relaxed her, making the tedius chore that the three adults shared seem much less tedius. With warm eyes she let her eyes drift towards the others.

In the middle of the boat little iten was clamboring, his fingers constnatly poking into this or that. Already he was just starting to talk, occationally pointing to an object and calling it by it's name. For now, Larika was helping keep him busy with a set of blocks. It had become a game of sorts, this building, Larika would encourage him to build it as tall as he could on his own, before lifting the child up to build onward untill the entire structure became so unstable that it collapsed in a giant tumble of blocks. Then after gathering all of the pieces they would begin again.

On the prow, basking in the last rays of the warm sunlight was Erois. His eyes half-closed as he felt the warm rays on his back. His year in Aveceleba had taught him much, especially about the very cold winters that they recived there, and he was glad to be able to go to a warmer climate, if only for a short while. Every few moments a shout from behind by either Iten or Larika would cause him to look back and arch an eyebrow. Twice already he had been awakened by the child gently tugging on his tail, and while he enjoyed playing with iten... he did not enjoy being the plaything. Fortunatly, the Valten woman was effective at keeping the youth's attention while his mother was taking her turn at the tiller.

Karaman sighed as the boat rushed downstream quickly, litsening to yet another cheer as the block tower fell. For some reason, she knew that this peace would not last. The leader of Romilath, Kireal... whatever he was doing had to be stopped. Otherwise there would be blood staining the waters of her homeland. She knew it in her heart... just like she had known that Larika and Iten were instrumental there as well.

((Turn update: on turn 24 Karaman assembled a group and took a riverboat three tiles downstream. None of my settlements advance this turn. The season is now Autumn. Kireal continues to improve his war machine and Liliaceleban troops appear in aveceleba.

A group of eight vulpinans arrive in Letotar looking to become residents.(.)

All told, anyone who visits Liliaceleba, Muitheithru, Aveceleba, Romilath, or Letotar can easily optain the following map. In two turns this will extend to Thaciomu, and one turn after that the maps will reach Karatomca.

code:

...└#─
                        ....⌂↑↑ ..
                      │...⌂⌂#~↑ ...
                     .│..⌂⌂~║~. ..
                    ⌂.│..⌂⌂~║÷# ≈
                     ⌂└─┐..╔╝≈
                    ⌂...├──Θ≈≈
               ♣╔═╗♣♣.♣♣│....≈
            ♣♣♣╔╝≈╚╗♣♣♣┌┘....  
<-Roashani  ────Θ≈≈≈╨─┬═Θ♣....≈
            ..♣♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣...≈
                     ♣╞╞...≈
                   ♣♣♣╞╞..≈

))

Turn 25- Autumn

code:
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│♣⌂▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~d÷# ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐δ⌂ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲♥▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..╔╝≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣§
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐⌂ ⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å╗▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├V─Θ≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣♥
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○──┘.⌂♣ ♣└─≈≈⌂⌂.ç..┌──── Θ≈≈≈╨─┬═Θ♣....≈≈ ≈≈≈»≈≈≈≈...s~~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂... .♣♣♣δ..♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣╞╞...≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈.↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~

((This map is copying frelocks, which did not include my turn 23 move on it. If anything is incorrect please tell me.

Grieger, I have shown the road as completed and marked where your diplomat is. He will arrive at vitually the same time as Karaman and company. If you are availible sometime tomorrow to meet for a chat in the IRC or over AIM it would be cool, since I plan on having some fairly interesting and potentially disasterous stuff happening. If we do get a time and Imp wants to and is able come along and play out Larika, it would be pretty cool too.

Also, don't worry about the vulpinan's who choose to live in your towns too much. Vulpinan's are pretty clearly omnivorous, preferring meat if they can get it. If asked, the immigrants will be fairly honest. Most of them are actually the children of rich merchants looking to set up shops and stalls for a local branch of their family's businesses, in order to improve profit margins. Most of them have a good amount of gold in their own name (or as an allowance to set up their local shops) and are quite willing to go through the legal processes to be able to sell locally. That's not to say there will no be any of them looking for work later, but for now they are actually bringing business and jobs with them.))

[ June 09, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: June 09, 2008, 03:02:00 am »

code:
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○──┘.⌂♣ ♣└─≈≈⌂⌂.ç..┌──── Θ≈≈≈╨─┬═Θ♣....≈≈ ≈≈≈»≈≈≈≈...s~~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂... .♣♣♣δ..♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣╞╞╞..≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈.↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~ .♣♣♣..Φ..♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣♣♣⌂¥⌂æ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑≡▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
⌂⌂~~≈≈≈≈≈↑↑⌂⌂~~~ ↑....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈¥▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈
≈≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈.↑≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂≡▲↑↑~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂

(( Not much this turn. The two settlement groups become outposts, which basicaly only increase the size of the original settlements, and are not cities of their own. Also, a new settler group left Mahoyiga.

The Settlement structure of the Tengu is, as descrbed in the first post, that they do not live in big cities. Their settlements occupy whole regions, sometimes with several miles between the houses. The only place where you'd get the feelign that there is an actual city is when you are in the center of the settlements, because there are more houses close to each other. The houses themselves are build directly into cliff and mountainsides, usually in very difficult terrain. The Tengu are fliers, so the houses are in high spots, with good overview over the terrain. They don't bother building paved streets between the houses, so the entire settlement counts as difficult terrain. The center of each settlement (on per square) includes a watchtower, that will light fires as means of communication so the whole living region can be alarmed even with the distance between the houses. They also spray water of the fires or burn leaves to create either white or black smoke to indicate the nature of the signal. With various smoke signals they can give a whole pallette of messages))

----------

Mohayiga+harbour: village : 127
Eientei: village : 101
Murakami: town : 94
Makai : town : 99
Divine shrine : cloister : 10

Madara's army: 73 men that are back in their hometowns. 50 Go back to Mahoyiga, the rest goes to Eientei.

I significantly decreased the civ growth, and I guess everyone should do so.

((Btw, this tread is absolutely epic. I can't wait to read the strategies used in the (probably) upcoming war between the giants and the vulpians. I already volunteer in advance for the first battle between them.))

[ June 09, 2008: Message edited by: Akroma ]

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: June 09, 2008, 03:51:00 am »

((Considering what's happening with the Thelash, I'm adding the Air sphere to Shelesh who creates an NE->SW wind. Population increase will be 1 every year until Shesh population reaches 50, then 2/year.))
===============================================================================
Shel looked at the papers before him. These were copies of the writings that had been found in the underground complex so far. Mostly they were texts written in an unknown language which would be impossible to decipher without a translation key. Some contained drawings, schematics and what sages had identified as calculations. These would be easier to figure out since the schematics mostly referred to the body parts that had been found. With enough time, Thelash sages would figure out the numeration system of the ancient civilisation.
Ice was forming in the streets of the flying city of Shesh and a protective dome was being woven above the deer reserve. The construction of a second iron airship was slowly progressing. This time it was nothing fancy, just a huge transport ship for resources and people. And this time the calculations for the amount of souls, as well as the placement of the protective runes had been dobne beforehand to avoid sending the city even higher into the sky.
code:
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○──┘.⌂♣ ♣└─≈≈⌂⌂.ç..┌──── Θ≈≈≈╨─┬═Θ♣....≈≈ ≈≈≈»≈≈≈≈....~~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂... .♣♣♣δ..♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣╞╞╞..≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈.↑s↑£▲▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~ .♣♣♣..Φ..♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣♣♣⌂¥⌂æ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑≡▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
⌂⌂~~≈≈≈≈≈↑↑⌂⌂~~~ ↑....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈¥▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈
≈≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈.↑≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂≡▲↑↑~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂

[ June 09, 2008: Message edited by: Istrian ]

[ June 09, 2008: Message edited by: Istrian ]

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: June 09, 2008, 04:05:00 am »

OOC: I'll post my turn later, for now i just play around with Hjolf.

Hjolf looked down to the elderly fox. It certainly was male, and from the way he moved, Hjolf could tell that this one was not to be trifled with.
Hjolf thumped his chest with his fist hard, a customary greeting amongst the giants. He then spoke out with the most impressive voice he could muster. Not too loud but still impressive.
"Greetings to you aswell! I am Hjolf, son of Hallr! I have come here from the mountains of north"
Before the old fox could answer to this Hjolf continued
"First of all i think i should homever warn you... Do not try to play cunning or threatening with me or my kind. Not all of us are peaceful and many more would gladly burn, raze and loot this town. Now... to prevent that sort of things, maybe we should talk about something more constructive?"

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 81