Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 81

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread  (Read 106420 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread
« Reply #780 on: June 08, 2008, 01:52:00 pm »

((I know Akroma, but they are not really doing as much as it sounds like.
They don't have combustion engines, explosives or electricity, Ariquemera basically consists of 100 Archimedes whit magic that gives then free availability to materials such as pure magnesium, titanium, uranium and tungsten. Most of their magical alloys are exactly that, magical, and based mostly on the inclusion of body fluids from lava dwelling creatures. Also the stuff I sprayed on them increase all forms of development. Also, the huge inflation is disorganized, uneven, and unstable, if something goes wrong and it stops then the whole community will collapse. Also it's the rule of awesome.

Also, it would be fun to get some more exact knowlage on the golems and wwhat is needed for the bodies to work. Do they need some special structure to turn joints? Is there a spesific reason for them to be humanoid? How is that upgrading don, is there a some structure that works like a brain that you move from one body to the other? How does the eyes work? [exited question]?
I cant wait until the !!elves!! can start producing bodies and hiring golems for the bodies or merge the societies completely! I already have hundreds of ideas for combat model "Intimidator" and Ooh ooh ooh! :D))

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: June 08, 2008, 01:56:00 pm »

(ooc: Jamini it has gone quit well for Graed. The Roshani had needed the wood and made a good price for it. 70 Goldcoins, 50 Pieces of very well made Optics (Telescopes etc) and many trinkets like Goblets made from Glass decorated with lesser Crystals Gold and coloured glasses. 2 huge Mirrors should round the offer up. If something had catched Graeds eye like how Roshanian boats were Build or the Fishfarms the Roshani have given him this knowledge too.)

To be fair the Roshani have some Powerfull things too, without out Hightech Computers, but well some corpses of Golems a Powersource and enough Knowlegde to build some Clanks and devices. Anyway the other races have mostly the advantage of a fullscale Magic like your Vulpian Necromantres. Or the Ghosttalkers from the Dracons. I see this world as an battle between tech Magic and a middleway of both like the Istrians Town / Airship as well as between the Gods.

[ June 08, 2008: Message edited by: Heph ]

[ June 08, 2008: Message edited by: Heph ]

[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: June 08, 2008, 02:00:00 pm »

((It may be a fast progression, but I guess being set on fire might have made them a bit brighter... And Armok, if WE gods can't stop them, don't you think we should start getting worried?))

EDIT: Well Armok, I have thought about that a bit, but not that much... I'm gona need some time to think about it and write it all, besides, its late were I am and time to sleep. I'll post it tomorrow.

[ June 08, 2008: Message edited by: Poltifar ]

<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: June 08, 2008, 02:02:00 pm »

((One season per turn ? Damn, I acted as if it was ~a year per turn. Else there was no way the triplets could have grown so fast (they are supposed to be around 17 years old now). Mind if I say there was some time distortion on my lands that is over now ?))

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: June 08, 2008, 02:09:00 pm »

code:

♣♣│♣♣....⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
♣♣└≈≈─○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
.♣♣♣│⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
..⌂▲○▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
.⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂○┐..♣♣♣.÷. ▲▲▲⌂⌂○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲∞~~∞~~⌂⌂▲○▲ ▲▲⌂....└┐..♣♣♣#. ⌂⌂⌂♣♣│♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲^▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~∞▲│▲ ▲▲♣♣♣...≈≈.....♣ ♣...┌┘♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲∞⌂~~⌂⌂~~~⌂▲│▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣.≈≈≈≈..... ┌─┐.│...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂▲▲⌂~⌂∞▲│▲ ▲▲z=z==z≈≈└──┐D. │.└─≈≈─────○▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲┌┘▲ ▲▲⌂⌂Y♣♣┌┘....└#─ ┘....≈...♣♣.⌂▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲┌┘▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣z.│.....⌂↑↑ ........♣♣♣♣┌○▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂○⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲‼══╗ ▲⌂⌂♣♣..│...⌂⌂#~↑ .........♣♣♣│⌂▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○▲▲╚ ═‼⌂════╪══⌂⌂~║~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│♣⌂▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~╠↑# ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐δ⌂ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲♥▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂║≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣§
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐⌂ ⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å╗▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├v─Θ≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣♥
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂│♣ ♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂⌂║⌂⌂...♣ ♣╔═╗♣♣.♣♣│....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..┌─┴─ ─┐δ≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂ÅÇ.Å♣♣♣ ç╝≈╚╗♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈☻≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘...~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○──┘.⌂♣ ♣└─≈≈⌂⌂.ç..┌──── Θ≈≈≈──┐═ΘV....≈≈ ≈≈≈»≈≈≈≈...s~~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..⌂⌂⌂ ♣♣≈≈δδç───Θ┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣.c.≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈...P£.~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂... .♣♣♣δ..♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣╞╞v..≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈.↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~. .♣♣..♣.♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣╞╞..≈≈»≈≈≈ »≈≈»ΩΩ⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~ .♣♣♣..Φ..♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣♣♣⌂≡⌂æ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑≡▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~ .♣....ΦΦ.÷.≡♣... ♣♣♣..¥♥⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂~~~~~~~~~ ......Φ......... .....⌂⌂≈»≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈»¥⌂▲♀..♀.▲⌂⌂~↑
⌂⌂~~≈≈≈≈≈↑↑⌂⌂~~~ ↑....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≡▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈
~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲▲▲ ⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.¥.≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~~
≈≈≈↑↑≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂⌂ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂¥═¥≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~
≈≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈.↑≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲↑↑~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈.≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑⌂⌂▲♥⌂~~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂▲▲⌂~

Flavvius stared at the rather sparse charts and maps laid out in front of him. After vainly trying to decipher them for a few moments, he looked up at the Valtan seated across from him.

"Ah, Captain, could you lend me a hand with these?"

Aramis sighed, then answered. "'Fraid not, milord. You're rather wastin' your time with those."

Flavvius looked at him quizzically. "What? How so?"

"Those charts only reach so far. Neither of our scouting parties ever returned, so all we've got is what we could see from the city. We've already gone beyond the range of our best maps."

"So... we're lost?"

"Not necessarily. We're stickin' to the coast, so we shouldn't get too turned around, but we don't know anything about the waters ahead."

Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: June 08, 2008, 02:15:00 pm »

((I'm not really well in game balancing issues, but I think Heph is right. This game world is characterized by the presence of two different powers, Magic and Technology, with each race having certain inclinations to either or both. Some only use magic, others like the Pringers only technology, and others like Thelesh using both. !!elves!! use mostly high tech with low magic, and us golems actually more magic than tech, but we do use enough tech))

((Armok, I'll write Golem description tomorrow. Goodnight all))

<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: June 08, 2008, 02:39:00 pm »

((It sounds like I will soon have to specify the methods and limitations of the elven tech, and it probably will stay at this level for about forever except for when magic is traded and possibly those very-primitive-nukes-whit-no-practical-use.
The metal aviability is racial flavour kinda, their ONLY magic is that they can separate and purify compounds, we can even say they are fundamentally incapable of other direct (changeling through the own body) magic.
They are also collectivity insane, and both their main rulers openly defy me Armok.
But yea, I can agree a bit, it seems to be just something that happens when I write and I am not a good enough writer to stop it simply. I can't resist the temptation of awesome.

To more spesific responses:
I am rather found of there being exactly 4 turns a year.
The weapons are really medieval whit the exception of better materials and math and some other stuff, it is still bows and balista that needs to be cranked up by muscle power. The "laser" is really only a concave miror and a few lenses that focus the light from a magnesium fire, it can put wood on fire and toast flesh in a few seconds bit is probably weeker powerwis than the Roshanian one.
There is also the habit of putting magnesium on the tips of arrows and bolts, this do not make them rocket arrows, it is just that the tip i made of more-or-less pure magnesium that the !!elves!! put on fire using their body heat, and magnesium naturaly burnas at 2500C or so, the arrows are not explosive or propeled but really only ordinary fire arrows whit a much beter fule.
There is also the magical alloys, these are expensive to produce and based on the magic inherent to the blood  of the salamanders and firesnakes, there are a few kinds of it. It is that they can inclese the melting temprature of an aloy, they can alter some mecanical propeties to an extent, they can make it glow constantly in a spesific colour, or they can make it heat itself to a max of something like 1000C-1500C, and some minnor stufff not importnant to the RP other than use in the calculators. The alloys are powered by radioactive isotopes included in the alloy.
Also, I have falsely spoken of mass production, the !!elves!! have no such thing except for some few small components that you need loads of for a single device, like logic gate for a computer.
The calculators are no advanced stuff, the combined calculation capacity of Ariquemera will probably never exceed that of an original Gameboy and you need to know binary to operate any of it except reading and writing text in a dos notepad equivalent.
Considering these complaints I will not let the tech evolve to much further I think, no lightsabers and maybe not even the nukes, but maybe the nukes...
Also, the reason for the fast development is 1. that the adaptation stuff I sprayed on then makes their minds much more flexible. 2. the free aviability of energy and material due to their physiology. 3. the extreme concentration on it possible due to the Ariquemeran society, there have been NO tech advancement in Efil-inira.
But I realise most of this might seem like excuses...))

Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: June 08, 2008, 02:53:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Istrian:
<STRONG>((One season per turn ? Damn, I acted as if it was ~a year per turn. Else there was no way the triplets could have grown so fast (they are supposed to be around 17 years old now). Mind if I say there was some time distortion on my lands that is over now ?))</STRONG>

((If that was the case Iten would have been talking for many many and nearly old enough to be able to be considered a young adult. No, time goes by farly slowly so that we actually have time to roleplay.

I say that we should probably come up with a codified set of time per turn now, especially since the discrepencies seem to be confusing some players. Obviously this will change some growth rules, but we are far enough into the game that most of us have a stable power base, and new players like Poltifar can easily create an existing power base in unexplored territory later. If you have an idea on how fast things should go, please post it now.

My own thoughts on it.
From this point on:
1 Day = 1 Rotation of the sun around the board. (Yes, our world is the center of this universe! XD screw physics!)
1 Week = 8 days. Obviously each race can determine the length of its own weeks. However the standard "Week" is eight days long.
1 Month = 2 Weeks = 1 Turn. Sixteen days, short enough for a short battle and long enough for significant travel.  
1 Year = 12 Months. Every twelve turns (starting from now. Iten is currently reaching his second year according to my postings.)

Seasons:
Icemelt - The end of the cold season, indicated by snow melting in the Temprate zone. Normally fruit trees flower near the end of this season

Grassburn - The hot season, indicated by a yellowing of the grass in the temperate zone.

Plantharvest - The end of the hot season. Indicated by the many crops that finish their growing season at this time.

Frostfall - The cold season, indicated by snow i nthe temperate zone.

Currently the map is divided into three main sections. The Temperate zone, which extends from just south of the Mayohiga to Romilath. The cold zone, which covers the lands south of the Mayohiga, and the warm zone which covers the lands surrounding Mutheithru. Some snow does fall in the warm zones, and the ice and snow in the cold zone melt in the appropriate seasons, but those events occur far later than they do in the temperate zone. Mountains are somewhat colder than the surrounding areas, while deserts are more extreme (hot area deserts are very hot, cold area deserts are bitter cold)

As for growth, growth would be reduced to one growth event per season (so every four turns, less for the more advanced races) while movement would remain the same.

What are your thoughts on this. This system would be implemented starting the next turn if enough of us agree it is good. If you have another idea please bring it up so we can talk about it.))

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: June 08, 2008, 03:04:00 pm »

((I think that system is a bit to slow.
Maybe we can say that it's 60 or so day per turn and no seasons so all races have their own measurements of time beyond that, explaining why the different races have different years per turn, the !!elves!! would have a 256 day year while the vulpi maybe a 1000 day year?))
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: June 08, 2008, 03:05:00 pm »

((In that case I have to seriously slow down the speed at which my civ grows. Untill now I added 5-15 to each settlement per turn. With a turn just being 16 days, that is waaay too much. Lets say that this slowdown is canon, so that suddenly, time just flows much slower. But hey, with 16 days per turn, that's not even enough for a new tengu to hatch (they come in eggs) let alone grow up. With a time flow like that, civ grow would almost stop for all civs, and stop nearly completely for slow growing civs such as the thelash, the giants or the !!elves!!
Game flow would completely stop, as no one would be able to fight wars if just one battle would kill what took 20 turns to create.
That's just tooo slow.))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: June 08, 2008, 03:09:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Heph:
<STRONG>(ooc:  and enough Knowlegde to build some Clanks and devices.))</STRONG> - Oh dear! Are you another Girl Genious reader? Have I found another Agetha Hetrodyne or Gilgamesh Wolfenbach fan! Joy!

<STRONG> Anyway the other races have mostly the advantage of a fullscale Magic like your Vulpian Necromantres. Or the Ghosttalkers from the Dracons. I see this world as an battle between tech Magic and a middleway of both like the Istrians Town / Airship as well as between the Gods.
</STRONG>
Well, firstly vulpinans are not going to be necromacers. Yes, there is one dracon necromacer within our capital, but her abilities have not been revealed and she has no desire to be found out any time soon. Either way, she is a Dracon. If anything, I'm pushing more towards the Vulpi gaining a type of druid. as they already specilize in healing and poisons, and it would push towards balancing out the very metropolitan vulpin merchants/thieves.

Either way, vulpinans take anything they can get and use it to their advantage. They are excellent at adapting any scraps of knowlage they can find, steal, or buy and using it to their own ends. Fortunatly, they are not a very aggressive race and don't generally start full-scale wars unless provoked. (but they are very, almost unconsiously, good at provoking others. Re. Kireal).

As for trading. I'm pretty sure that Graed brought back the blueprints for the fishfarms and oceanfaring boats if they were offered. The optical technology was well recived ("A telescope you call this? It scopes out a distant land and tells you about it? Impressive, Raom would love to see this!"), as was the gold, but he refuses to take back any crafts of poor craftsmanship(by vulpinan standards, which are quite high.), instead asking for raw glass and glassworking knowlage. The mirrors however, defiantly interested him.

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: June 08, 2008, 03:13:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Akroma:
<STRONG>((In that case I have to seriously slow down the speed at which my civ grows. Untill now I added 5-15 to each settlement per turn. With a turn just being 16 days, that is waaay too much. Lets say that this slowdown is canon, so that suddenly, time just flows much slower. But hey, with 16 days per turn, that's not even enough for a new tengu to hatch (they come in eggs) let alone grow up. With a time flow like that, civ grow would almost stop for all civs, and stop nearly completely for slow growing civs such as the thelash, the giants or the !!elves!!
Game flow would completely stop, as no one would be able to fight wars if just one battle would kill what took 20 turns to create.
That's just tooo slow.))</STRONG>

((Perhaps one season per turn then, if you prefer. That would make it four turns to a year, giving enough time for young to grow up. I was suggesting a slowdown because right now the lag between turns is bothering me somewhat. The tengu did not fight with the Vatlans for how long? The war lasted, if we go with a seasonal thing, over a year with only a few major fights. I'm not certain that it's totally justifyable.

Either way, I suppose we can stick with what we've had so far.))

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: June 08, 2008, 03:14:00 pm »

I really must say that I trust Armok's discretion for the !!elves!!
As a note, I'll be using an extrapolated form of two of my spheres for the zefies highish tech weaponry.

Colt=horses=calvary
+
Armor=armored
=

Armored Calv!
Depending on how the other races advance, the zefies will probably be restricted to advanced versions of Da Vinci Tank-like vehicles. They might be mounted on gaint turtles for propulsion.

I'm explaining this by the fact that Gouzzi comes from a high tech society and knows about sloped armor. They will still be restricted by materials though. However, Gouzzi and Felu are more than capable of making laser weaponry if we get that far advanced. I'll give warning if they start o develop it though.

To Armok:
Yankee left the city a while ago. However, Felu would almost certinally be telling stories, inregardless of weather or not they could be understood.
My turn will be up in one second.

Even the avatars expire eventually.

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: June 08, 2008, 03:15:00 pm »

((I would be more in favor of 1 turn = 1 season with months and days being civ-specific.))

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: June 08, 2008, 03:18:00 pm »

(( I am also for the season thing being enforced. at the beginning of each turn, season should be announced, and should have some impact on events (if only at important ones))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 81