Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 81

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread  (Read 106424 times)

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread
« Reply #765 on: June 08, 2008, 09:44:00 am »

((Don't worry about breathing ability. The enchanted land contains the souls of thousands of avians. It also includes their breathing ability. So the air within a 5km radius of the city is at ground pressure (I mean normal ground, not floating ground). So basically the air is perfect up there. Guests should have no problem breathing it if they manage to get that far on their own (or through Thelash airships - yes I'm going to build more).

EDIT : What could bother guests is the temperature. It's at -20 Celsius most of the time, so a Dracon or an !!elf!! would have a hard time living there. Thelash are not bothered because of their shadow silk cloaks and they prefer colder temperatures anyway.

EDIT2 : And, Armok, 30km is way above clouds so it could only be used as a comms hub on cloudless days and nights.

EDIT3 : 30km might be a bit too much after all. I'll reduce it to 14km))

[ June 08, 2008: Message edited by: Istrian ]

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: June 08, 2008, 11:40:00 am »

((global communication hub... sattlelite... what next, a trip to the moon?? this might become a really weird steampunk kinda thing...

But that doesn't bother me at all  :D quite the contrary, although I'm gona stick to some magic for now with little technology.

This is gona be the best and most original rpg I've ever heard of  :D)))

<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: June 08, 2008, 12:18:00 pm »

((If anyone ever tries to send a satellite, I'll steal a plasma cannon design from the !!Elves!! and shoot down anything that tries to take-off.))

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: June 08, 2008, 12:27:00 pm »

code:

♣♣│♣♣....⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
♣♣└≈≈─○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
.♣♣♣│⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
..⌂▲○▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
.⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂○┐..♣♣♣.÷. ▲▲▲⌂⌂○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲∞~~∞~~⌂⌂▲○▲ ▲▲⌂....└┐..♣♣♣#. ⌂⌂⌂♣♣│♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲^▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~∞▲│▲ ▲▲♣♣♣...≈≈.....♣ ♣...┌┘♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲∞⌂~~⌂⌂~~~⌂▲│▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣.≈≈≈≈..... ┌─┐.│...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂▲▲⌂~⌂∞▲│▲ ▲▲z=z==z≈≈└──┐D. │.└─≈≈─────○▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲┌┘▲ ▲▲⌂⌂Y♣♣┌┘....└#─ ┘....≈...♣♣.⌂▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲┌┘▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣z.│.....⌂↑↑ ........♣♣♣♣┌○▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂○⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲‼══╗ ▲⌂⌂♣♣..│...⌂⌂#~↑ .........♣♣♣│⌂▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○▲▲╚ ═‼⌂════╪══⌂⌂~║~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│♣⌂▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~╠↑# ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐δ⌂ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲♥▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂║≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣§
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐⌂ ⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å╗▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├v─Θ≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣♥
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂│♣ ♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂⌂║⌂⌂...♣ ♣╔═╗♣♣.♣♣│....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..┌─┴─ ─┐δ≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂ÅÇ.Å♣♣♣ ç╝≈╚╗♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈☻≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘...~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○──┘.⌂♣ ♣└─≈≈⌂⌂.ç..┌──── Θ≈≈≈──┐═ΘV....≈≈ ≈≈≈»≈≈≈≈...s~~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..⌂⌂⌂ ♣♣≈≈δδç───Θ┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣.c.≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈...P£.~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂... .♣♣♣δ..♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣╞╞v..≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈.↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~. .♣♣..♣.♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣╞╞..≈≈≈≈≈≈ »≈≈»ΩΩ⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~ .♣♣♣..Φ..♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣♣♣⌂≡⌂æ≈≈»≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑≡▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~ .♣....ΦΦ.÷.≡♣... ♣♣♣..¥♥⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂~~~~~~~~~ ......Φ......... .....⌂⌂≈»≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈»¥⌂▲♀..♀.▲⌂⌂~↑
⌂⌂~~≈≈≈≈≈↑↑⌂⌂~~~ ↑....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≡▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈
~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲▲▲ ⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.¥.≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~~
≈≈≈↑↑≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂⌂ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂¥═¥≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~
≈≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈.↑≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲↑↑~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈.≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑⌂⌂▲♥⌂~~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂▲▲⌂~

Furious wasn't beginning to describe what Orion felt. This whole expedition had turned out nothing when the supposed pass and river had turned out to be a mirage caused by the nearby desert's extreme heat!! Now what was he supposed to do? It seemed that the only way out of this god-forsakened desert would be to drill through the mountain ranges, and he didn't have nearly enough Golems with him to do that. It seemed the only possibility was returning home...

Just then, a certain rock formation caught his eye. Getting closer, he noticed it was actually a Golem hand! So atleast a few tombs must lay here. Maybe he could create a new settlement here. After all, he had wanted to surround the whole desert with settlements anyways, and so he would be speeding up the process while searching for more preserved brothers and maybe more forgotten artifacts and hidden knowledge left by the ancient Empire. The only thing he regretted, was knowing he was going to be spending many more days sorting through damned mountains of paperwork...

((Orion didn't see the message of the !!elves!! since he was at the base of the high mountains and thus it was hidden from him))

=============================================================================

Back at Alchemia, the whole city was in an uproar. The light that had been seen last night could not have been a natural phenomenon. The only question to be asked was wether whoever had created it was peaceful or not.

Ferrum Animus was a Golem who hated chaos and unproductiviness. He promptly ordered any person found lolling about back to work, with a few words of reassurement he didn't believe himself. He really wished that Orion hadn't left him in charge. The mines beckoned to him, and his favorite pick was propped unused near his room's door, left to gather dust, but his duty was much more important than his pleasures.

On his way to his office for even more tiring work, he peaked in on the glassmaker's workshops. All the glassmakers were surrounding Abro, hearing excitedly what he had to say.
"Alright people," belowed Ferrum, "the glass crafts won't be making themselves, you know. Everyone back to work!"
Ounce the workers had regained their workbenches, Ferrum got close to Abro, "Are you still recounting how you saw those flashes last night? No matter how unexpected they were, no matter what they might imply, they can't must not keep you from your work."
"But you can't begin to imagine what they might imply!" exclaimed Abro, "And I don't mean just the fact that they prove that their are others out there besides us. Think about it. This light must have been made using glass somehow, I recognized that sparkle of it instantly!"

"Do you mean you could reproduce such a signal? If you can, get to work on it immediately! It would be the perfect way to communicate between our settlements, not to mention other races."

"You are incredibly near-sighted, dear Ferrum! Don't you just SEE the possibilities? The endless creations we could make! Ofcourse, glass alone can't go far enough, but the smiths in Terra are already creating high quality metals, and your diggers in all settlements are finding many gems as well as documents about Alchemy and Runeology hidden in the tombs. Combining all of these specialities, we could create wonders undreamed of! Great magical barriers shielding our cities or hiding them behind mirages and illusions! Alchemical poisons fatal to the hardiest of creatures! Rituals to alter the weather and even the fabric of space and time ITSELF! Even portals!!! Can you imagine that, PORTALS!!!..."
"Hey, slow down, son, were are you going to get the resources to make all that, not to mention that nobody has been able to decipher the magical documents yet. We would need to find Runemaster and Alchemist Golems to do all that you are imagining."
"but..."
"No buts! Just build the flashing lights message thingy and then we'll think about the rest"
Leaving before Abro could object anymore, Ferrum mused to himself. Yeah, right, alter the weather and make portals. As well send the whole city floating into the air.

=============================================================================

Non-RP:
Tower in Alchemia reaches 78m, and is planned to top at 91m with whatever the glassmakers create built on top of it.
New settlements east and SE of desert.

Settlements:
Alchemia: 64
(the one in middle of desert, btw its on a low hill tile not desert tile)
- 1 Large Steel Golem master miner (Ferrum Animus, Chief of Diggers)
- 1 Glass Golem reinforced with bands of Steel, master glassmaker (Abro Vas, Prince of Prisms)
- 11 Iron Golem miners
- 22 Clay Golems
- 16 Copper Golem engineers
- 13 Glass Golems reinforced with bands of bronze, glassmakers

Terra: 66
(the one west of desert)
- 20 Iron Golem miners
- 25 Clay Golems
- 9 Copper Golem engineers
- 12 Bauxite Golem smiths

Altus Tumulosus: 30
(new settlement NE of Terra)
- 5 Iron Golem miners
- 20 Clay Golems
- 5 Copper Golem engineers

Eterna: 15
(east of desert)
- 3 Iron Golem miners
- 9 Clay Golems
- 3 Copper Golem engineers

Nova: 11
(SE of desert)
- 1 Platinum Golem decorated with bands of Gold and implanted with a Star Ruby in hist chest and inscribed with many glowing runes throughout his body (Orion Primus, Guardian of the Seals of the Ancients, Hero)
- 4 Iron Golem miners
- 2 Clay Golems
- 4 Copper Golem engineers

((((((So I tried to set the basis for my future projects, I think no one has yet done any of these: weather control, time control, portals, magical barriers and illusions. If they seem a bit too much, don't worry, the more advanced one like portals won't be done before atleast a dozen turns, and by time control I don't mean instant time travel, rewind time, or anything like that that ruins the game!))))))

[ June 08, 2008: Message edited by: Poltifar ]

<@Akroma> eh

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: June 08, 2008, 12:45:00 pm »

((I wrote a bit on Thelash shadow portals some time before (must be around p.11-12) though I guess yours would work differently from mine.))

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: June 08, 2008, 12:48:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Poltifar:
<STRONG>((global communication hub... sattlelite... what next, a trip to the moon?? this might become a really weird steampunk kinda thing...

But that doesn't bother me at all   :D quite the contrary, although I'm gona stick to some magic for now with little technology.

This is gona be the best and most original rpg I've ever heard of   :D)))</STRONG>

((Seconded.  :D))
((Also, thats AWESOME Poltifar, I really love that visionary glassmaker char.
The !!elves!! and golems are gonna be so perfect allies, I cant wait to see titanium golems whit various elven supermetal implements and such... space faring tungsten golems fired from a nuke-propulsion cannon... all sorts of awesome stuff!  :D))
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: June 08, 2008, 12:55:00 pm »

"You wanted to see me sir?" Kara asked meekly as she entered the High Lord's office, lines of worry and concentration etched onto her face. The last few days had been tough for her. Iten, now a full-blown toddler, was very mobile and like all children he was into everything. The last four days Karaman had spent moving any valuables and breakables past two hands from the floor. She didn't want to think about when he would figure out how to reach above that, she was already running out of shelf space.

"Yes, Kara, come in." The Lord replied, reclining fainly in his chair. "Tell me, what do you know of Romilath?"

"Romilath sir? Not much. It was founded after I travelled north to meet with the Dracons. I heard you sent your rival Kireal to run it until a proper government could rise up. Aside from that, not much."

"Yes, well... it appears we have a situation there. Yesterday I recived word that Romilath is late sending the archers we requested a few months ago. Additionally, I have heard rumors that Kireal has been siezing goods that would allow him to train an army. Do you know what that means?"

"A coup!" Kara responded, her eyes widening and her wariness fading. "He wouldn't!"

"He would. That's why I'm sending you Karaman, you and Erois to go investigate Romilath." The Lord said as he clambored out of his chair and walked towards the window, "Take whatever you need from the stores, you are to leave within the day."

"Lord?" Kara asked quickly, ignoring the dismissal with a plaintive question "Larika the Valtan and my son..."

Slowly the high lord turned his head, turning back towards Kara compassionately. "If you feel they may be neccecary, then certainly Kara" he replied lightly, a smile on his lips, "You have quite the party for travelling now don't you?"

It was all Kara could do to smile and nod towards the high lord, relief in her voice, "Yes, I'll do it."

~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~

Two shadows filtered through the palace in Romilath, furtivly darting from pillar to pillar as the wane moonlight lit the wide hallways. Everything was quiet, the silence of the deepest night which did not inturrupt the most solid state of sleep.

Quickly they approached the light bedroom, the orange flickering light of the fireplace inside casting wide shadows out of the open doors. Through it, the flames seemed to dance in grim mockery to the event yet to come. A murderous light that illuminated the blackened forepaw of the first vulpinan as he entered the room.

Inside, a female vulpinan dozed in an armchair by the fire. Her frumpled gown lain open to absorb the oft-sent tendrils of warmth that radiated into the cool night. Her chair was next to another, one whos back was entirely towards the door, obscuring it's occupant. The target, the assassin smirked at the irony of the situation. Kireals infamous lechery would be his last act in this world, how fitting.

The second assassin joined the first, the two exchanging a quick glance before creeping up towards the hidden armchair. Silently they approached it from either side, their weapons glisining wetly in the dim lighting with poison. With a quick motion the first assassin lunged forward, slamming into the back of the chair and plunging his dagger down into... nothing?

Behind him the scream of his companion cut into the night, falling off as soon as it began. Spinning around the first assassin drew a fresh dagger, leaving his first embedded into the wooden backing of the chair, his eyes wide as he saw the body of his companion slide from the point of Kireal's Rapier.

"Well, well." the noble said calmly as he surveyed the body of the second assassin as if it were a simple mess, "It appears somebody made a mistake. Now, tell me what you know unless you want to end up like him."

With a glance the first assassin looked at the lord, and then back at Kireal, anger suffusing his face. With a scream of rage the assassin charged the noble as Kireal tsk'ed. "They never learn..."

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: June 08, 2008, 12:59:00 pm »

- Rugkadest -

code:

-
--
---
----

Systemcheck ...

Main Structure ..... 100%
Sound .............. 100%
Vision ............. 100%
Communication ...... no signal.
Wing left .......... 100%
Wing right ......... 100%
Loading Memory main. 100%
Loading me ......... 100%

"Is it activated?" asked the Green female.
What is activated? Where i am? Wheres the master?
"Look it shifts the head if i speak. It behaves mostly like a normal Falcon" said a male next to the Female.
Falcon? Who or What are you talking about? Are you talking to me? I am not a ... I dont know what i am. The last thing i can remember is ... i cant remember . Why i cant remember?!
"Ok Aris the Warhawks i will build with your help should look a little bit like my messenger and will behave like it at least in in secure mode. Spread your Wings"
The little Metalbird spreads his wings.
What are you doing to me! Dont you see i am not a Pet! I have my own mind! I feel so violated....
"Neat! Whats the next point"
"Soundcheck."
"Squawk!" . Can you please stop that!
"Give Output."
A little flap opened in the back of the Bird.
"We dont have a device to read out the crystal so put your thumb with a little force on the Stone. It should let you see all what it had saved. If you want see something special give a discribtion the Bird will look through the data for you."
"Well lets see i ... oh wow that are the last five minutes hmmm quit interessting. What that white noise in the background?"
"The bird has realy good Soundsensors it can hear the flow of Magic and electricity inside its head. Close output. If i remember right i have to give a Password to it to lock it up so only we can give commandos and get informations out of it."
The little flap had closed.
"Bird ..." said the male "Insert Password: t4435*."
"Squawk!" You are my master then?
"Allow Commando by Aris."
"Squawk!" I understand...
"Bird there was an huge expolion very far southeast. You will investigate it and all unusall things in 10 Miles radius around the the Place of the explosion. You will make a Map of the Ruins and look for the source of the explosion too. If you find any corpses take some good pictures of them."
"Squawk!" I understand.
"Fly now."

With this the Little bird starts his flight to the southeast.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
- Karatomca -

"Trust me it secure." Said Leam to Master of the Glassmakers Guild.
"But the last time you tried to fire the Beam over such long time it melted."
"Yeah but i had i've improved the cooling system quite a bit so it want not melt this time."
"But are you realy sure that we schould do it this way."
"As long we dont find something other then wood its the best Method. Your guys are ready for the test?"
"Yes they are. Do it if you must"

With this a ray of pure light lanced to a little raft. There it was divided by an complcated Optic in 2 Dozen rays which were send to the the Rafts of the Glassmakers. After 20 Minutes the first flagsignals occurred too show that the new Glasssmelters were working fine and after 30 Minutes even the Oresmelter hissed a Flag that says that the lesser Metals could be smelted.

"See the Thermometer had ballanced at 85°C."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

code:

♣♣│♣♣....⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
♣♣└≈≈─○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
.♣♣♣│⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
..⌂▲○▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
.⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂○┐..♣♣♣.÷. ▲▲▲⌂⌂○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲∞~~∞~~⌂⌂▲○▲ ▲▲⌂....└┐..♣♣♣#. ⌂⌂⌂♣♣│♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲^▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~≡▲│▲ ▲▲♣♣♣...≈≈.....♣ ♣...┌┘♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲∞⌂~~⌂⌂~~~⌂▲│▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣.≈≈≈≈...D. ┌─┐.│...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂▲▲⌂~⌂W▲│▲ ▲▲z=z==z≈≈└──┐.. │.└─≈≈─────○▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲┌┘▲ ▲▲⌂⌂Y♣♣┌┘....└#─ ┘....≈...♣♣.⌂▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲┌┘▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣z.│.....⌂↑↑ ........♣♣♣♣┌○▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂○⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲‼══╗ ▲⌂⌂♣♣..│...⌂⌂#~↑ .........♣♣♣│⌂▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○▲▲╚ ═‼⌂════╪══⌂⌂~║~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│♣⌂▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~╠↑# ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐δ⌂ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲♥▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂÷≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣§
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐⌂ ⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲ÅÇ▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├v─Θ≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣♥
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂│♣ ♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂⌂║⌂⌂...♣ ♣╔═╗♣♣.♣♣│....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..┌─┴─ ─┐δ≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂Å..Å♣♣♣ ç╝≈╚╗♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈☻≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘.s.~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○──┘.⌂♣ ♣└─≈≈⌂⌂...ç┌──── Θ≈≈≈──┐═ΘV....≈≈ ≈≈≈»≈≈≈≈....~~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..⌂⌂⌂ ♣♣≈≈δδç───Θ┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣.c.≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈...P£.~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂... .♣♣♣δ..♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣╞╞v..≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈.↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~. .♣♣.║♣.♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣╞╞..≈≈≈≈≈≈ »≈≈»ΩΩ⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~ .♣♣♣..Φ..♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣♣♣⌂⌂⌂æ≈≈»≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑≡▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~ .♣....ΦΦ.÷.≡♣... ♣♣♣..¥♥T≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂~~~~~~~~~ ......Φ......... .....⌂⌂≈»≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈»¥⌂▲♀..♀.▲⌂⌂~↑
⌂⌂~~≈≈≈≈≈↑↑⌂⌂~~~ ↑....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈
~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲▲▲ ⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.¥.≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~~
≈≈≈↑↑≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂⌂ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂¥═¥≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~
≈≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈.↑≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲↑↑~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈.≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑⌂⌂▲♥⌂~~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂▲▲⌂~

I use my emigrants of this turn to build a Road down from Irumathra to Wijnfontein.

code:

Karatomca                  : E side of W lake       : Roshanian : City
Irumathra                  : Plains. S of Karatomca : Roshanian : Village
Rugkadest                  : NW side of W Lake      : Roshanian : Town
almeftikbo                 : River E. of Karatomka  : Roshanian : Village
Stretiaslu                 : River E. of Karatomka  : Roshanian : Outpost  

Wijnfontein             : C of S plains          : Ipetian   : 30 Roshani

[ June 08, 2008: Message edited by: Heph ]

[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: June 08, 2008, 01:04:00 pm »

((Istrian, mine do work differently, combining runes, alchemy, and bending light with enchanted glass, but if you think you are going to make them and don't want me to do them, just ask and I wont.

Although that might actually make a nice story... Us joining forces to create said portals, for reasons such as the Golems not understanding all the magical theories while the Thelesh not knowing how to make a portal withought it absorbing life energies(yes I just read the post)

And Armok, I don't know why but your idea of firing my golems in a nuclear cannon seams strangely... appealing  :D and why not combine !!elven!! knowledge of advanced metals with golem's alchemy... If it is possible to transmute lead into gold using alchemy, I wonder what would transmuting Titanium give?  :D))

<@Akroma> eh

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: June 08, 2008, 01:22:00 pm »

((Bending light ? Sounds like a miniature black hole to me. Mine work by ripping space and creating a passage to the shadow realm then another passage opens from the shadow realm to the destination. Unfortunately shadows don't like to be disturbed and will suck out life from the worlds where the portals open. Don't worry, I'm not going to open my portals, though I won't prevent anyone from stealing the schematics from my library  :roll:   :roll: ))

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: June 08, 2008, 01:23:00 pm »

"This way Hjorf!" Meomo called out she they passed through the gates of Liliaceleba, drawing the stares of the guards as the two men followed her several feet behind. Inod sighed, exhasperated as she rode ahead quickly. Always a bundle of energy, Meomo often tired her mounts on the way towards the marketplace, racing ahead so that she could get there as long as possible. It was a little tradition they shared, and Inot knew no way to get out of it. However, this time another issue barred the way.

"Hold!" One of the gatevulpi said as Hjorf and Inod reached the palasade, the wall just barely reaching above the giants head. Indeed, he was tall enough that had he wanted he could have reached a hand over the top and grabbed one of the bowmen off had he had the inclination. However, their sharp arrows were a fairly clear deterrent, the points of those who were currently leaving the gatehouse glistening with a clear poison. Addressing Inod, the gatevulpi called down, "Friend, what is this creature and your business with it in Liliaceleba?"

Throwing a glance up to Hjorf, the ranger spoke slowly, aware that his wife had already raced so far ahead to the market that she had no idea of knowing he had been stopped. "I am Inod the Hunter, husband of Meomo the Trader. This is Hjorf, a friend of my wife and I. He comes from the storm giant people and wishes to speak with Raom. Will you let him in?"

The gatesvulpi hesitated, conferring with one of the others on the wall. For a long time there was silence, then the gatesvulpi walked back to the edge and waved away the archers. "It may enter, you two are to immediatly proceed to the Barracks to meet with the mayor. Please, follow me.
Raom grinned as he pinned the recruit to the sandy ground, the claws to his right forepaw pressing faintly against the young vulpin's throat. Around him his students clapped as the youngster tapped the mat three times to indicate submission, relaxing so that the older vulpinan could safely release him.

"Raom!" a voice called out from the other side of the barracks, it's owner obscured by the sun and dust of the summer heat. "Raom, you're needed at the entrance! A diplomat!"

Warily the old vulpinan let his student stand, clapping him on the back with some force before grabbing a nearby bucket of water and dumping it over his own head to cool down his skin. With a curoius expression he crosesd the sands of the barracks. There were no diplomats expected currently, the one from Aveceleba had just left with word that he would send the archers requested and the one from Thaciomu was not expected for a few more weeks yet. It wasn't until his reached the corner of the courtyard that he noticed that something was amiss...

"Well... who, and what, are you?" Raom said congenially as he set eyes on the large aged giant, a look of mirthful curiousity in his gaze.

[ June 09, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: June 08, 2008, 01:24:00 pm »

((Actualy, the stuff the !!elves!! use to make alloys whit magical properties is most likely the same alchemy or related your golems use, but whit different materials. Better materials. And has been discovered by simple trial and error.
Using alchemy and tungsten alloys they could make a material able to whitstand heat like the surface of the sun, as stretchable as leather and as hard as titanium! They already have weapons that burns at 1500C for milenia by only the isotopes put into the alloy, and their current record in heatproofing is a tungsten alloy whit salamander blood that melts at 50000C.
They have just enrtered the era of digital calculation, using optics and alloys that expand in light to form logic gates, and they already have the tech small and mass-produced enough to already have a computer equivalent to ENIAC and are probable to to follow a development as fast or faster than humans did at that field. And despite that limited tech Ariquemera is alredy more computorized than most modern cities.
Combined whit the magic and cold-handling tech of the golems the sky is no limit! Not even the gods can stop us!
A bright future lie ahead, Poltifar! :D
...wait WE are the gods, so WE cant stop THEM...))
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: June 08, 2008, 01:26:00 pm »

((Heph, I need to know how well the diplomacy went between Graed and the Roshani. Since I wasn't here to roleplay it I'll simply let you decide how much and what you are willing to trade.))

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: June 08, 2008, 01:30:00 pm »

((You know Armok, for a race that spent most of their first live with nothing but humping trees, then were burned in horrible horrible pain until they almost forgot who they are and just noticed a few years ago that stone can be used for different things than making mugs out of it, I am afraid your !!elves!! may be progressing from stone age to digital space age (complete with exploding rocket arrows) a ...bit...fast.))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: June 08, 2008, 01:42:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Akroma:
<STRONG>((You know Armok, for a race that spent most of their first live with nothing but humping trees, then were burned in horrible horrible pain until they almost forgot who they are and just noticed a few years ago that stone can be used for different things than making mugs out of it, I am afraid your !!elves!! may be progressing from stone age to digital space age (complete with exploding rocket arrows) a ...bit...fast.))</STRONG>

((I cannot help but agree. Gameplay has only been going on for at MOST five years (if you count every turn as a season, which honestly is a bit skewed, really it's something closer to six to eight turns in a year or so, and I'm really thinking that we probably should make it closer to a turn is equal to about a month, along with an appropriate population growth reduction. Now that the civs are interacting we need more time to actually act out the events happening.)

I'm not going to steal your glory too much, but really the majority of your better weapons should be reduced in power. Having digital information repositories is fine with me(however, the power of these devices should stay around where they are currently.), it gives the elves more flavor, but the weapony should stick to pre-modern (With the pringer having the most advanced due to Xotes spheres). You are certainly welcome to have the elves using muskets and firethrowers (magmathrowers), but rockets that burn for a millennia? No. The tungsten alloy? Way too much an not really believable.

This is a game of diplomacy and war after all, simply having a civ tech up so fast that the others cannot compete in any form breaks immersion and fun. If you want a guidling, look to how Xotes and Imp have their civs advance. The advances are very gradual, and each race interacts with the others on a regular basis in ways that both reduce their reaserch power and improve their relations.

Besides, how are you getting all the materials for these experiments?))

))

[ June 08, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 81