Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 81

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread  (Read 106423 times)

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread
« Reply #750 on: June 07, 2008, 07:10:00 pm »

ooc: I see that there is still a Giant at my doors - did i miss something about this Group?

edit: Good to see you again Jamini.

[ June 07, 2008: Message edited by: Heph ]

[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: June 07, 2008, 07:13:00 pm »

((Yes I'm back, also back to working on the mod. Vulpinan's now have RESPECTS_TREES, which I have been meaning to put in for a while now and the Koneko are in.

However, I'm starting to become concerned with a few things. Right now we have so many civs that in world gen many of them are getting totally pushed out of their favored biomes. In particular, the mountain civs.

I'm going to try and solve it by putting Tengu into shrubland (along with Koneko) and reducing storm giants start group # so that the pringer and Drogar can actually spawn in their more logical positioning (as it is, Tengu have a pretty broad biome support.) The Zelfie are definatly going to need to live in forests however (along with the Vulpinans). For the !!elves!!... well... I'm working on it.

Either way, eventually i'll get everything banged out.))

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: June 07, 2008, 10:56:00 pm »

((Turn 24 Tentivly starts now. It is certainly good to be back.))
Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: June 07, 2008, 11:49:00 pm »

((I'm glad it's tenetively, I still gotta cram 23 in.))

Wolk was happy that the group had finally reached Buigend Riet.  Though by now there were little to no signs of the old village's presence, the woods had remained mostly the same.  It was the place where he and a good portion of the group had grown up.  Parents were pointing out local landmarks to their children, saying things like, "That's where I used to play tree-ball with my friends when I was your age," and, "Over there is where the berry patch used to be, before Brandwond burnt it down playing with fire."

So many happy memories from this place, and yet the reason they had returned was not nearly as joyous as the return itself.  Wolk had seen the fire in the sky.  At the time, he had been conversing with Stilte over the proper way to cook a clutch of quail eggs.  Stilte had been the first to see it.  Squinting at the eastern sky, he commented  "It's as if the sun is rising, though the dawn is still hours away."

Seeking to get a better view of the sky, Wolk and Stilte moved to a nearby clearing.  There, they saw the pillar of flame shoot up into the sky.  Looking at his friend, Wolk said, "It is certainly a good thing that we have left; with this, my regrets have vanished."

"The same for me," agreed Stilte.  Squinting at the sight, he said, "Either that thing is far closer than it appears, or it is absolutely huge.  I'm not sure which one I would prefer: a greater danger that is farther away, or a lesser one which is close."

"Definitely the first," replied Wolk, "If it's far enough away, we might not have to face it.  And even if it is a greater danger, we will have time to prepare."

"True," said Stilte, "But if it is too great a danger, than no matter how much time we have to prepare, it will still destroy us."

Wolk chuckled, "You're far to pessimistic for your own good."  Becoming serious again, he asked, "Do you think it might have something to do with our 'guest?'"

"Who knows?"

"Our 'guest.'"  With this, they both burst into laughter.  The dimming light quickly reinstated the somber mood though, and the two watched as the flames began to die down. Gravely, Wolk said, "If we're going to re-settle Buigend Riet, it might be a good idea to set up an outpost to the east."

Stilte nodded.  "I'll look into it."

~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~

"This is definitely the general area," said Silis.  "This hill is where Riet saw the giants from.  It should be somewhere around here.  We marked it with two rocks leaning against each other under a thorn bush."  Pijl looked around at the rolling plains with thousands of thorn bushes.  This was going to take a while.  He pulled up the branches of a bush nearest him.  No rocks.  He sighed; a very long while.

code:

♣♣│♣♣....⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
♣♣└≈≈─○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
.♣♣♣│⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
..⌂▲○▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
.⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂○┐..♣♣♣.÷. ▲▲▲⌂⌂○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲∞~~∞~~⌂⌂▲○▲ ▲▲⌂....└┐..♣♣♣#. ⌂⌂⌂♣♣│♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲^▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~≡▲│▲ ▲▲♣♣♣...≈≈.....♣ ♣...┌┘♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲∞⌂~~⌂⌂~~~⌂▲│▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣.≈≈≈≈...D. ┌─┐.│...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂▲▲⌂~⌂W▲│▲ ▲▲z=z==z≈≈└──┐.. │.└─≈≈─────○▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲┌┘▲ ▲▲⌂⌂Y♣♣┌┘....└#─ ┘....≈...♣♣.⌂▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲┌┘▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣z.│.....⌂↑↑ ........♣♣♣♣┌○▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂○⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲‼══╗ ▲⌂⌂♣♣..│...⌂⌂#~↑ .........♣♣♣│⌂▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○▲▲╚ ═‼⌂════╪══⌂⌂~║~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│♣⌂▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~╠↑# ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐δ⌂ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲♥▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂÷≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣§
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐⌂ ⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲ÅÇ▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├v─Θ≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣♥
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂│♣ ♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂⌂║⌂⌂...♣ ♣╔═╗♣♣.♣♣│....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..┌─┴─ ─┐δ≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂Å..Å♣♣♣ ç╝≈╚╗♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈☻≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘.s.~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○──┘.⌂♣ ♣└─≈≈⌂⌂...ç┌──── Θ≈≈≈──┐═ΘV....≈≈ ≈≈≈»≈≈≈≈....~~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..⌂⌂⌂ ♣♣≈≈δδç───Θ┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣.c.≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈...P£.~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂... .♣♣♣δ..♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣╞╞v..≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈.↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~. .♣♣..♣.♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣╞╞..≈≈≈≈≈≈ »≈≈»ΩΩ⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~ .♣♣♣..Φ..♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣♣♣⌂⌂⌂æ≈≈»≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑≡▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~ .♣....ΦΦ.÷.≡♣... ♣♣♣..¥♥T≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂~~~~~~~~~ ......Φ......... .....⌂⌂≈»≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈»¥⌂▲♀..♀.▲⌂⌂~↑
⌂⌂~~≈≈≈≈≈↑↑⌂⌂~~~ ↑....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈
~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲▲▲ ⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.¥.≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~~
≈≈≈↑↑≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂⌂ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂¥═¥≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~
≈≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈.↑≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲↑↑~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈.≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑⌂⌂▲♥⌂~~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂▲▲⌂~

((Recovery team sets up a temporary camp so they can search the area and retrieve everything that was left behind.
Migrant group moves west to the old site of Buigend Riet.  Work on temple continues.
And it's good to have you back, Jamini))

code:

Wijnfontein - Wine Fountain: C of S plains          : Ipetian   : City
Zonsopgangziet - Sunrise watch: E of Wijnfontein    : Ipetian   : Hamlet
Steenstad - Stone Town     : S of Wijnfontein       : Ipetian   : Hamlet
Wereldmond - World's mouth : N of Wijnfontein       : Ipetian   : Hamlet

[ June 08, 2008: Message edited by: Frelock ]

All generalizations are false....including this one.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: June 07, 2008, 11:59:00 pm »

((Sorry folks, I got a rather difficult job recently that is exhausting me every night.  So my posts haven't been that great lately.
Welcome back Jamini.  I upgraded each settlement once since I lost track of my growth myself.  I figure I should have enough for that.))

Log of Silvak Bluesabers

Word has reached me of extremely high taxes and outright theft from the government of Romilath.  I am headed there personally to deal with this insult. Either the mayor will cease this nonsense or trade relations will end.  

I have dispatched a messenger to the mayor of the city demanding the return of the stolen goods and the tax reduced to a reasonable level by the time I arrive.  I will not stand for this.

[Military ID seal]

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

|Campcastle temple continuing the negotiations with the ‼elf‼|

The entire room seemed almost entranced by the gems. Though a metalworker was summoned to identify the tungsten and titanium he couldn't identify them.  Everybody in the room was far more interested in the gems and gold however.

This is very impressive." The high priest said studying a particularly large diamond, trying very hard to keep a neutral diplomatic expression in the presence of so much loot.  "I have never heard of elves that are such skilled miners."

The priest said something that couldn't quite be made out to one of the soldiers near and the soldier left to fetch a long scroll.  After the scroll was retrieved she cast a spell on the scroll itself and handed it to the ‼elf‼.

"That is a list of our obtainable resources.  Basically what we can produce enough of to trade.  Our primary export is usually iron, and a homebrewn iron alloy,  which I'm sure you have plenty of, but perhaps you can find something that would be of use to your people.

(The scroll was obviously written in the dracon's common but a translation of the words seemed to hover in the air above it the scroll also seemed unharmed by the heat.)

• Iron, enhanced iron, copper, tin, zinc, salt.
  • Stone ((all types including bauxite))
  • Dracoroot((plant won't grow where the ‼elves‼ live. Also not fireproof. Can be used to produce enhanced iron if a way to handle it is devised.))
  • Sand
  • Seafood, livestock and pets(mostly cattle, chickens and dogs from Ombarosha)
  • ((Misc. tools, crafts, and other such mundane things. Nothing particularly advanced))
"I'm afraid our leader is away currently  but we can quickly contact him to get the ok for any trade deals.  I can also show you around the city if you like.  Though it may be extended across a few days, the spell I cast to speak with you has a limited duration and it takes time to ready it again."
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
((The Dracon love gems and gold, something they inherited from their dragon ancestors, you will get pretty good deals for them.  As to what the ‼elves‼ could possibly want that the dracon have I have no clue.  The ‼elves‼ kinda do what produces their primary export better than they do.))

code:
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲∞⌂~~⌂⌂~~~⌂▲│▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣.≈≈≈≈..... ┌─┐.│...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂▲▲⌂~⌂W▲│▲ ▲▲z=z==z≈≈└──┐D. │.└─≈≈─────○▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐δ⌂ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲♥▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂║≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣§
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~ .♣♣♣..Φ..♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣♣♣⌂⌂⌂æ≈≈»≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑≡▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~ .♣....ΦΦ.÷.≡♣... ♣♣♣..¥♥T≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
⌂⌂~~≈≈≈≈≈↑↑⌂⌂~~~ ↑....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈

Campcastle   :Town
Riversnake   :Village
Forestslayer :Hamlet
Boatland+road:Village

[ June 08, 2008: Message edited by: Greiger ]

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: June 08, 2008, 04:46:00 am »

((Not much happens this turn. Madara returns back to Murakami, and his army returns to Mahoyiga by ship. Both Murakami and Makai send some settlers to expand their towns. Question: do two town that are directly diagonal from each other count as connected as in, can they grow to a city ? I am too lazy to name the new settlements, it would only lead to confusion one day, and they will grow to a city eventually, so countign them as one big settlement would work better))

code:
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~ .♣♣♣..Φ..♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣♣♣⌂≡⌂æ≈≈»≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑≡▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~ .♣....ΦΦ.÷.≡♣... ♣♣♣..¥♥⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
⌂⌂~~≈≈≈≈≈↑↑⌂⌂~~~ ↑....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≡▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈

Mohayiga+harbour: village : 75
Eientei: village : 79
Murakami: town : 90
Makai : town : 96
Divine shrine : cloister : 10

Madara's army: 73 men on their way home

[ June 08, 2008: Message edited by: Akroma ]

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: June 08, 2008, 05:01:00 am »

OOC: *sigh* laser weapons... machine guns... im having a feeling that if i dont invent something fancy and powerful im going to be quite screwed.
On other note Armok, a small detail but Hrafn left the castle last turn.

Taranis was barking orders to the food haulers and hunters of the city, for they would need lots of food for the army, when a gatewatch shouted him that Hrafn was arriving with the heavy elite regiment from the castle. Taranis quickly straightened up and hurried to the gates which were just opening. He gave a mark to few giants with drums on the gate and they sounded a welcoming fanfar.
Taranis opened his arms and walked up to Hrafn who was looking around him with a cold, calculating look on his eyes. Finally he respected Taranis with a look and hugged him with the traditional hug.
"Welcome o' Lord of Storms! We have waited your coming with anxiety, and my best chambers are reserved for your stay!"
"Yes yes. Now, how many men we have here at the moment?"
"Well... The regiment of Hrafngard had 50 and yours has 20. We are still waiting the regiment from Hallr."
"Hmph... 70, and Hallr is too small to provide us with more than 10. That makes only 80 men..."
The expression at Hrafns face told Taranis that he was thinking something.
"My lord? Something bothering you?"
"Yes. When we are gone send word to Hrafngard, they are to send forth a new settlement group. And start breeding those giant eagles once again. I have a feeling we might need some sort of airforce someday"
Taranis bowed and hurried away to put up the orders. Hrafn walked to the townsquare where the small army had camped. After some moments of thought he came to a decision, the army was small enough for it to move fast and unnoticed. They would move out today and march to Hallr immeaditely to meet up with the forces there.
Then, they would continue to this town the foxthing had told about. Apparently a prosperous one too.

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

Ragndir had found a small cave from a small forest near the place they were supposed to wait for this messenger of Hrafn. Apparently it wouldnt be a giant.
Wondering who they were supposed to wait for and why, Ragndir began to light a small cooking fire on the floor of the cave. Some of the boys had taken down a cougar and they would eat well today.
Oh well... He was anyhow beginning to like the life in the wilderness with his boys.

Hjolf had some difficulty understanding the words of the fox, but what he Could make out of it, he understood that its intention was peaceful and it offered to lead him somewhere. He took yet another deep inhaling of the calming smoke of the tobacco plant, and came to the conclusion that life was dull and this was a chance to make it more exciting.
He nodded to the fox
"Lead the way..."

OOC: Here is some information then how the giant army consists.
First of all, there is no untrained troops in giant armies, every giant is taught the ways of war from birth.
All the usual troops are clad in iron or steel ringmail armor and have simple(but deadly nonetheless) warhammers or swords with them. Also they carry large round shields with them. Thats the standard gear of a giant soldier.

Then the 20 elites i have there. Every single one of them has full steel platemail armor, and they carry steel tower shields. Their weapons are a Two handed giant flamberge and expectional steel warhammer. They wear colored steel masks crafted into various terrifying creature faces. They are also called "Battlefield terror" when they charge into enemy ranks with their flamberges, being quite devastating. Right now they are Hrafns bodyguard.

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐⌂ ⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å╗▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├v─Θ≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣♥
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..┌─┴─ ─┐δ≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂ÅÇ.Å♣♣♣ ç╝≈╚╗♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈☻≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘.s.~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○──┘.⌂♣ ♣└─≈≈⌂⌂.ç..┌──── Θ≈≈≈──┐═ΘV....≈≈ ≈≈≈»≈≈≈≈....~~~~

[ June 08, 2008: Message edited by: Nhiphanter ]

[ June 08, 2008: Message edited by: Nhiphanter ]

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: June 08, 2008, 05:10:00 am »

(( I don't think you have to make up anythign fancy. Just use the racial advantages of your giants. They are huge and extraordinary though. They could take lots of punishment before even having to slow down. Now equip them with some proper armor and a big shield, and stopping them would be very hard to do. An army of 80 giants, charging at the enemy, with shields in front of them and armor all around them, they'd probably only lose 10 or (probably) less than that before reaching melee distance. With their enormous strength and reach, they are walking siege engines, easily able to tear down walls. They could easily overrun smaller settlements without a single casuality if done right. Just because your giants don't invent fancy things and don't use fancy strategies, don't underestimate brute force))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: June 08, 2008, 05:18:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Akroma:
<STRONG>(( I don't think you have to make up anythign fancy. Just use the racial advantages of your giants. They are huge and extraordinary though. They could take lots of punishment before even having to slow down. Now equip them with some proper armor and a big shield, and stopping them would be very hard to do. An army of 80 giants, charging at the enemy, with shields in front of them and armor all around them, they'd probably only lose 10 or (probably) less than that before reaching melee distance. With their enormous strength and reach, they are walking siege engines, easily able to tear down walls. They could easily overrun smaller settlements without a single casuality if done right. Just because your giants don't invent fancy things and don't use fancy strategies, don't underestimate brute force))</STRONG>

I know that, but for example roshanians sun gun can be quite devastating. Good idea i have to say, but i would rather have that people are inventive and wouldnt copy someone elses things. Now im not saying that Armok should dismantle his tower, im just saying that i hope not everyone builds things like that.

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: June 08, 2008, 06:20:00 am »

Shel was running through the mining galleries below Hath. He had received urgent news about a collapse in an unused gallery. Whether it had been caused by the earthquake that came with the flame pillar or the tremors that occurred when Shesh took off the ground was unimportant. Behind Shel were the archaeologists, running as well.

Finally they came in sight of the mining team that had reported about the collapse. Shel spoke with the head of the team.

"Is anyone hurt ? Did anyone get stuck on the other side of the collapsed tunnel ?" he said
"Collapsed tunnel ? No, no it's not like that at all. It's not the ceiling that caved in but the floor. Take a look." answered the engineer.

Shel looked around and saw a huge hole in the floor. He peered inside. Darkness peered back at him, though he was used to darkness and could distinguish a corridor, completely square. The walls had exactly the same height as the width of the floor and the ceiling.

"Doesn't look like one of our mining galleries." said Shel.
"I would even say it's not made by nature." added one of the archaeologists "I'm going to ask for equipment to explore down there. Who knows what we may find out."
"Could it be related to the body parts we found ?" asked Shel.
"It's not impossible, though it's quite far from the dig. What we first took for a graveyard might be part of a much larger complex, right underneath our boots."

The idea was frightening, even for a Thelash. There were creatures that had lived here before the Thelash arrived. What were they ? Are there still any in this world ? What could be learned from their ruins ? And more importantly : what had happened to them ?
===============================================================================
Thlash heard the news as well, they were interesting. If the expedition was lucky, they may learn about that race during their travels. For now he observed the Pringer settlement to the south of the airship. Too bad they were in a hurry to move, else he would have established contact with them.
===============================================================================

code:
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..┌─┴─ ─┐δ≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂ÅÇ.Å♣♣♣ ç╝≈╚╗♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈☻≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘...~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○──┘.⌂♣ ♣└─≈≈⌂⌂.ç..┌──── Θ≈≈≈──┐═ΘV....≈≈ ≈≈≈»≈≈≈≈...s~~~~

code:
Shushaw Shesh              : NE Forest              : Thelash   : Flying Hamlet(30)
Shushaw Hath               : N of Sh. Shesh         : Thelash   : Citadel(31)

code:
Shraal    : Shushaw Shesh         : Writing books
Shel      : Shushaw Hath          : Administration
Helesh    : Around Hath           : Administration
Thlash    : Shuhalal              : Exploration
Shehal    : Oakvale               : Diplomatic duty

[ June 08, 2008: Message edited by: Istrian ]

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: June 08, 2008, 09:00:00 am »

((Ok, Lessee now…
Will nobody react to the flashes?
Nhiphanter, the !!elves!! might be physically powerful and technologically advanced, but they are as naïve as Winnie-the-pooh and if you send a good diplomat/actress and convince them you would never harm anything they will lost likely trade you all the nuclear magical lightsabers and machineguns and lasercannons and tanks you could ever need. (Note that they have none of those things, it is only to get the idea.)
And if Hrafn wasn’t there just say it was some other important and powerful giant.))

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Turn 24:

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..┌─┴─ ─┐δ≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂ÅÇ.Å♣♣♣ ç╝≈╚╗♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈☻≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘...~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○──┘.⌂♣ ♣└─≈≈⌂⌂.ç..┌──── Θ≈≈≈──┐═ΘV....≈≈ ≈≈≈»≈≈≈≈...s~~~~

Efil-inira: 42 !!elves!! (hamlet) (+-0 since last turn)
Ariquemera: 113 !!elves!! (town+outpost) (+21 since last turn)
In armies/expeditions: 3 !!elves!!
Other: 10 working/travelling between Ariquemera and Efil-inira.
Total: 165 !!elves!!

((Fothacema negotiates whit Dracon.  
Iranineleni sobs in the giant’s fire-pit.
Amizoimi live happily whit the Zefies, and is beginning to learn some common. (35% complete.)
Efil-inira has stagnated.
The new tower in Efil-inira is now 80m.
Planning is done on “The Great Façade of Efil-inira”, a project sealing all entrances and openings in the defence and replacing it whit a single fort entrance shaped like a 30m high obsidian replica of Acathiimas head.
Some of various Buildings and science done in Ariquemera:
I don’t even list the most important tech achievements any more, lets just say they have an equivalent to ENIAC, can do just about anything whit alloys, and are at 1940s level of theoretical sciences, +-30 gyears depending on the field of study, and can manufacture things whit a micrometer precision. However no mobile engines for vehicles and only rudimentary mass production.
Ariquemera now covers two tiles, but it is continuous and it is really only on the board game aspect this is something special, it has always grown in that direction and taken lots of space.
The great tower continues flashing the Fibonacci numbers towards the cities every night.
The floating Shushaw Shesh is spotted whit the telescope (as a ”strange floating dot.”) and Fibonacci blinking is initialised, however due to the distance it is only visible as a strange clear-green star near the southern horizon and not likely to be noticed except by an astronomer or similar, someone that doesn’t know astronomy may think it strange and point it out for someone who knows.
Due to the high population Ariquemera is forced to structure it’s management, it is a very liberal democracy were everyone who wants to vote can vote and an major and executive major is re-elected every few weeks. The major is always Ilecaaye so they were forced to have the executive major post as he wants nothing to do whit governing, the executive major runs everything except science but Ilecaaye has a first say that he never uses, there is a silent consensus to rotate the EM post so everyone gets a try at it...))

List of important people:
Acathiima, hero and leader of Efil-inira: Legendary organizer, skilled bow!!elf!! (Doing paperwork and ruling from The Seat of Authority, in Efil-inira.)
Yanenirica-Awidi, advisor and secretary of Acathiima: professional lawyer, professional diplomat, legendary organizer, master politician, legendary liar, legendary flatterer. (Doing paperwork and ruling by The Seat of Authority, in Efil-inira.)
Ilecaaye, ground-breaking geologist: grand-master miner, grand legendary geologist, talented metalworker, master chemist, skilled mechanic, master mathematician. (Making science in Ariquemera.)
Fothacema, scout/diplomat: professional scout, skilled ranger, talented diplomat (negotiating whit the Dracon.)
Iranineleni, lawyer: professional lawyer, professional diplomat, skilled organizer, novice politician, dabbling jackass, dabbling scout. (Captured and “enslaved” by storm giants.)
Amizoimi, scout/diplomat: skilled scout, skilled ranger, talented bow!!elf!!, talented diplomat, novice middlemanagement, novice cartographer. (negotiating whit the Zefies.)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quote:
The entire room seemed almost entranced by the gems. Though a metalworker was summoned to identify the tungsten and titanium he couldn't identify them. Everybody in the room was far more interested in the gems and gold however.
This is very impressive." The high priest said studying a particularly large diamond, trying very hard to keep a neutral diplomatic expression in the presence of so much loot. "I have never heard of elves that are such skilled miners."
The priest said something that couldn't quite be made out to one of the soldiers near and the soldier left to fetch a long scroll. After the scroll was retrieved she cast a spell on the scroll itself and handed it to the ‼elf‼.
"That is a list of our obtainable resources. Basically what we can produce enough of to trade. Our primary export is usually iron, and a homebrewn iron alloy, which I'm sure you have plenty of, but perhaps you can find something that would be of use to your people.
(The scroll was obviously written in the dracon's common but a translation of the words seemed to hover in the air above it the scroll also seemed unharmed by the heat.)
   Iron, enhanced iron, copper, tin, zinc, salt.
   Stone ((all types including bauxite))
   Dracoroot((plant won't grow where the ‼elves‼ live. Also not fireproof. Can be used to produce enhanced iron if a way to handle it is devised.))
   Sand
   Seafood, livestock and pets(mostly cattle, chickens and dogs from Ombarosha)
   ((Misc. tools, crafts, and other such mundane things. Nothing particularly advanced))
"I'm afraid our leader is away currently but we can quickly contact him to get the ok for any trade deals. I can also show you around the city if you like. Though it may be extended across a few days, the spell I cast to speak with you has a limited duration and it takes time to ready it again."

Fothacema was surprised the Dracon was so transfixed over a few pretty stones, but being a skilled diplomat he got the situation and how much an advantage it was, he read the scroll and then he spoke:
“There is only one single thing we want from this list, and that is the magic that stops it from burning in my hand and makes me able to read it.
The elves do not desire pretty minerals other than we can make better ourselves, and we find your trade whit living creatures disturbing, there are only three things you have that we want:
Your Knowledge.
Your magic.
Your cold hands.
The first to know whatever else resides in this world, be it people or places. To know how this world and others work. To know history.
The second to do what we cannot do whit our hands. To do what we cannot do whit our gadgets yet. To see what we cannot see whit our eyes.
The third for company, and for the abilities one have that the other do not, and to defend from whatever dangers the future might pose to ore peoples.
For each book and scroll you send over, in such a state it can e read by us and assuming honesty and no duplicates, we will pay its  weight in diamonds.
For every Dracon you send over to work and tech in our cities we will pay his weight in gold and silver, as well as whatever salary his work is worth.
For the magic I know nothing of what unit it is measured in or how much that unit is, but I can assure you thee payment for that will not be less than for the other things.

I do also propose the building of two or three towers between here and Efil-inira to use for communication and that may be run by elves that know this craft.”

((Unless you send over the entire population and 20 tons of books they can actually pay this quite easily.
One labour the Dracon can do that the elves can not is to easily handle things that do not handle heat well, like explosives, and to handle water to plumbing that in turn might lead to steamtech. As you read also as mercenaries even if the peaceful elves don’t really have the concept clear, and for the same reason the Dracon discipline would make them better at military tasks except maybe lightning magnesium stuff, but there is sure to be some quick invention for that.
Note that in this post I let Fothacema have some knowledge that he wouldn’t really have available about the doings of the !!elves!! after he left Efil-inira.))

Iranineleni didn’t know how long he had been in that pit, it must have been years.
Those giants... there must be some way to get out...
He was looking thought the content of his backpack once more, as infinite times before, and suddenly he got an idea he hadn’t got before.
How could he not have thought of that earlier?
The took out a rather large and beautiful diamond, hold it in his hand heating it to about 1000C, and when a giant went close to roast some meat he threw it.
The spinning ¤Large Diamond¤ strikes the giant in the face!
It is badly burned.
The giants eye is incarnated.
The giant let out a roar of pain, but the other giants just stared at the priceless gem on the ground beside him.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

((Edit: Fixed some spelling and made sure the map was up to date.
also, some of the doings of my !!elves!! remind me of cultural domination/trade wining conditions of some RTS.
Especially how there is a slight chance depending on their greed that I will totally assimilate the Dracon?))

[ June 08, 2008: Message edited by: Armok ]

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: June 08, 2008, 09:22:00 am »

((Istrian, I wonder, obviously your Thelash can breath in that height, but won't it be difficult to bring any guasts into a city that is alsmot 4 times as high as the mount everest ? Maybe you shoudl change 30 km to 3 km))

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: June 08, 2008, 09:27:00 am »

((On the other hand, the 30km height makes it possible for VERY good eventual future deals whit the elves as a global communications hub?
Unless they invents satellites before that, that is.
Still, it means that if the Fibonacci sequence is detected and some similar mechanism is constructed there we theoretically have global communications already, kinda.))
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: June 08, 2008, 09:27:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Armok:
<STRONG>
Nhiphanter, the !!elves!! might be physically powerful and technologically advanced, but they are as naïve as Winnie-the-pooh and if you send a good diplomat/actress and convince them you would never harm anything they will lost likely trade you all the nuclear magical lightsabers and machineguns and lasercannons and tanks you could ever need. (Note that they have none of those things, it is only to get the idea.)
</STRONG>

Even if they did have and i would send a diplomat to them, I wouldnt use tanks, nukes or laser guns. That would be... lame in my opinion.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: June 08, 2008, 09:31:00 am »

((Then what about enchanted titanium plate armour and warhammers whose heads hold a constant 1000C temperature? That's more in lines of what they can provide anyway.))
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 81