Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 81

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread  (Read 106367 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread
« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2008, 10:53:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Heph:
<STRONG>!!elves!!

second chance</STRONG>

you lost me

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2008, 11:21:00 am »

((Xotes, you need a different civ symbol. Æ is reserved for ruins))
Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2008, 11:44:00 am »

(Oh. Got it.)
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2008, 11:55:00 am »

"Yea, these are the same guys from before.  I'm pretty sure Silvak would be willing to have an ally.  Your folk resemble another race from my realm that the Dracon are on friendly terms with so that will probably help too."
-_-_-_-_-_

Silvak Bluesabers, the dracon with the blue hair, is surprised a robed human appears suddenly on the other side of his office desk.  Though he quickly composes himself when he sees the familiar banana design on the robe.

"You could have warned us you were going to fling us halfway across the world on a rock you know." Silvak greeted.

"My bad." came the response from Youh. "Nice office."

"Thanks.  So whats with the visit?  Something go wrong with the deal?"

"No, All the Dracon who died in the last battle have been revived and sent back home as we agreed.  Same will happen this time.  I'm just here to tell you of recent happenings." Youh said, fiddling with one of Silvak's paperweights, "One of the races around here is likely going to want to ally with you soon, the ambassador will look like a Tralian but more like a fox than a wolf.  Theres a river to the north of you too, good fishing and a steady water supply there you should send a group up there."

"Part of the deal was that you wouldn't order me around.  I have my own command." Silvak said while marking the general direction of the river on a map sketch.

"They are suggestions, everybody's appearing before their champions lately and I don't wanna be left out." Youh said with a grin, before vanishing in a puff of yellow smoke.

Silvak started writing notes on a scrap paper, when a disembodied voice added "Oh yea, I sense a distinct lack of partying.  I request that be dealt with.  I sent alcohol with you for a reason."

Silvak sighed and added a 'party day' on the event calender in front of his office, then went back to work.
-_-_-_-_
"Not as impressive, as you folks. But it works.  Something gets lost in the god-mortal interactions when the mortal in question sees you monthly and is very important to your continuing business." Youh sits down and nods in approval as a migrant group is sent in the direction of the river.

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂○┐..♣♣♣.⌂. ▲▲▲⌂⌂○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~⌂~~⌂⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂....└┐..♣♣♣♣♣ ⌂⌂⌂♣♣│♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲^▲▲
▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲♣♣♣...≈≈....♣♣ ♣...┌┘♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂⌂~~~⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣.≈≈≈≈..... ┌─┐.│...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂▲▲⌂~⌂⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣♣.≈≈└──┐.. │.└─≈≈─────○▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣♣┌┘....└── ┘....≈...♣♣.⌂▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣.│.....⌂≡↑ ........♣♣♣♣┌○▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲⌂⌂♣♣..│...⌂⌂#~↑ .........♣♣♣│⌂▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲⌂⌂....│..⌂⌂~~~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~~↑↑ ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂⌂

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲Ç▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂.≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣S
⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å▲▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├──V≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣§
♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂≡⌂⌂⌂...♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣.♣♣│....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
♣.⌂≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂...♣♣♣ ♣♣≈♣♣♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈♣≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘...~
♣♣≈≈≈⌂⌂....┌──── ─≈≈≈──≡♣Θ♣♣...≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈....~~~~
..≈≈δ────X─┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣...≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈..↑↑⌂⌂.~~~
..♣♣δ..♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣..♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑Ω☻P⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣♣.....♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣♣♣....≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑⌂▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
.♣....R...≡Φ♣... ♣♣♣....≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂K⌂▲▲⌂~~
...........≡.... .....≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲...♀.▲⌂⌂~↑
.....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈↑÷T≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~↑
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂¥⌂≡≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲↑↑~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑⌂⌂▲▲⌂~~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂▲▲⌂~  

OOC) Oh yea, the settlement is named Mutheithru - Campcastle.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2008, 03:10:00 pm »

"Ugh, diplomacy. I want to see heads roll!"
code:

.♣♣..♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈÷Ω☻P⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣♣.....♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣♣♣....≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑⌂▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
.♣....R...≡Φ♣... ♣♣♣....≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂K⌂▲▲⌂~~
...........≡.... .....≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲...♀.▲⌂⌂~↑
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈↑÷T≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~↑

Kavar looked upon the metallic beast in front of him with curiosity. It towered over him and his squad of five fellow warriors. He pondered for a moment on whether it spoke Common Tongue.
"Me and all my followers greet you!" he yelled up to the great metal bird.

~~~~

"Alright! Timber! Get the hell outta' the way, you idiots!" Kleg, leader of the logging expedition, yelled fiercely to his fellow woodcutters (who numbered about a dozen) as a giant pine tree creaked and groaned mightily before falling to the forest floor with a mighty crash.
"Okay then! That's good! Let's shave the branches of this and get it good and ready for transport. Kavar says he wants at least twenty of these felled and brought back to the settlement, and if we miss our quota... Tzen only knows how mad he'll be, eh?" Kleg's fellow workmen muttered in agreement. They had been working non-stop ever since their hamlet had exhausted all nearby sources of wood. And right in the middle of construction of palisade wall around it as well.

"Alright, that's it! Let's move on! Only ten more to go!"

CaptainBlood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2008, 06:48:00 pm »

Kira looked up at the mountain face and knew that it would be no problem to climb with the numerous rocks and ledges. Although she could find a pass through the mountains and chart it to make the trip easier for others, as well as easier for herself on the return trip, she decided against it. After all, she didn’t want to open up the valley to whatever may be on the other side quite yet, and it would nearly double the amount of time to get across.

Unlike most of the others in the village, she used to be somewhat afraid of heights; but the newfound speed and stamina she gained on that encounter with Hanabira left her with a new level of confidence. Her hair had even changed from the inherent brown and red of her species to a silvery-white color; and when the townspeople failed to listen to her ravings of moving half the village, she was able to convince them by producing a small rainstorm over the whole hamlet, while staying completely dry. The village matron did not approve of the journey but supplied her with rations and even some of Oakvale’s best ale nonetheless.

Jumping from ledge to ledge, Kira wondered about what she would actually find on the other side of these mountains. Even with the excellent pace she was making,  the journey through the mountains would still last another 3 months at least.
“Whatever is on the other side better be worth all this trouble…”

---------------

Hanabira disappeared from her chair and entered the mortal world below. Suspended above the hamlet of Oakvale, she took note of the advances her followers had made over the last few months. Stone windmills for flour production spotted the land around the large farms, and water had been routed from the lake to provide irrigation. On the east side of the village a sizable quarry existed where the stone was being mined for windmills and other construction projects, as wood was a valuable commodity for bow arrow fletching. With plenty of animals around, there was a large workshop producing leather goods and armor.  Bone and wood stockpiles surrounded the area near the bowyer and arrow workshops. Just to the west of the shops was a large archery range, where several Koneko rangers were currently practicing. Some small boats occupied by fisher-women drifted just offshore of the lake and nets trailed behind them.

Smiling at how well they were doing for themselves, Hanabira flew over to the largest building in the hamlet in the center of the village to meet with the matron. She made herself visible and knocked on the door to the room the matron was in.
The door opened and there stood a very tired looking Koneko who promptly answered, “I told you I don’t want to be bothered tod…”
“Hello Maki.”
Maki stood speechless for a moment as she realized who was standing at her doorway.
“I don’t want to take to much time for formalities now, so I want to ask you a favor,” Hanabira started, “Send a party of seven to the southern edge of the lake where you will eventually sit as my overseer of this entire valley. Also, send a message to the citizens of the hamlet of Loka to send another party of seven to the west. It is important that you spread out and establish our civilization in the valley.”
“Sure, I will do as you ask.”
“You’re not just doing it for me; this is for the benefit for all of the Koneko. In the future, I will count on you to make decisions for everyone in the valley. Trust in Kira, she may be young but she has power that will come into great need in times to come.”
Maki nodded.
“Oh and one last thing, please get some bigger stills, I was disappointed that the ones currently are so small.” With that, Hanabira vanished, leaving an energized feeling within Maki.
She though of the two-story complex of stills that were already brewing away, chuckled and thought to herself, “What in the world are we going need all that booze for?”

code:

.♣♣..♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈÷Ω☻P⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣♣.....♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣♣♣....≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑⌂▲▲▲K⌂▲⌂~~~
.♣....R...≡Φ♣... ♣♣♣....≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
...........≡.... .....≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲..≡♀.▲⌂⌂~↑
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈↑÷T≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂÷⌂▲⌂~~↑

CaptainBlood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2008, 06:58:00 pm »

(Correct me if im wrong then but the second turn adds another rank to the village right? So my first town's pop was split so about 20 went to each, then they both increased to the next rank. 49 each, then I sent 7 from each so I still have two hamlets right (42 population each), then two outposts once those migrants are established.)
code:

Kinsebs£r - Oakvale        : E Mountain-valley      : Koneko    : Hamlet
<unknown> - Loka           : NW of Oakvale          : Koneko    : Hamlet

[ May 16, 2008: Message edited by: CaptainBlood ]

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 16, 2008, 11:46:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by CaptainBlood:
<STRONG>(Correct me if im wrong then but the second turn adds another rank to the village right? So my first town's pop was split so about 20 went to each, then they both increased to the next rank. 49 each, then I sent 7 from each so I still have two hamlets right (42 population each), then two outposts once those migrants are established.)
code:

Kinsebs£r - Oakvale        : E Mountain-valley      : Koneko    : Hamlet
<unknown> - Loka           : NW of Oakvale          : Koneko    : Hamlet

[ May 16, 2008: Message edited by: CaptainBlood ]</STRONG>

((No, you divided your population on the second turn so neither advanced to a hamlet. At the start of turn three your overall population will be high enough for one of them to advance to a hamlet, or you could found another village. If somone misses a turn then I might upgrade their villages automatically, but really it's along the lines of deciding between upgrading a village, or founding a new one, each turn.

Roughly the populations of each civ should grow at the same rate, give or take a bit here or there. The Roshanians in particular have been dividing their population into very small groups that will take a long time to mature into more populous settlemtns. And untill they do the more hostile races will have a much easier time sacking them.

Now, obviously the strength of individuals in your civ also plays a part. If you have powerful creatures with a large metabolism then you can expect to grow slower than other civs, while smaller creatures that mature faster (and die of old age sooner) can expect to have large populations since their overall presense is less individually.

Now I'm not saying you can't send out another migrant group or two. But if I were you I would be wary about spreading myself too thin. Especially if the Drogar or Pingar prove to be hostile to you.))

~~**Turn 3**~~

"Not much to say this round, my moves are already set." Vime said as his pices continued on their route, the caravan ending it's move at the edge of the lake.

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲Ç▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂V≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣S
⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å▲▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├───≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣§
♣♣≈≈≈⌂⌂....┌──── ─≈≈≈≡─┐♣Θ♣♣...≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈....~~~~
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈↑÷T≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~#

~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~

Raom glanced from side to side, halting Belle as he lifted one forepaw in warning to the other members of the carvan. Dropping the lead on the old wolf, the grizzled Vulpinan levered his head next to the ground and listened intently, oblivious to the nervous looks he recived from his traveling companions.

The youngers confusion turned to worry as the eight wolves began to growl, hackles rising as they formed an outward circle around the group. The youngest, the boy Trae who was hardly old enough to be out of his mothers arms whimpered as his wolf pressed against his side, snarling at the underbrush.

Raom lifted his head and drew his bow, his motions fluid as he let his eyes pick out thier stalkers. One... two... seven... twleve... twenty-four of them. Twenty-four wolves that had been following them for Vime knew how long. Raom felt his years as the shadows that concealed the wolves shift over their pelts.

Speaking in a low voice, the old ranger addressed the others. His eyes locking with theirs for a bare moment as he attempted to impart the severity of their situation to them. "Draw your bows quickly and get close to me. They won't rush us recklessly, but any stragglers will fall to this pack." The old Vulpinan returned his gaze to the forest around him. The wolves had tightened their circle, coming slowly into view like forest sprites... forest sprites with fierce teeth and claws. "Quickly now!"

The youngsters hastened to pull out their weapons, forming an outward-facing circle of bows and spears. Between each Vulpinian one of their own wolves stood, sending it's warning growl towards the larger pack. The wild wolves hesitated as they noted the formation, holding back from attacking as the wickly barbed spears and arrowheads pointed in their diretion.

"Good, good. Now walk together. If we present a dangerous enough target, they won't attack us... provided we don't hurt them either. Together, as one." Raom encouraged, watching carefully as the group made it's way further down the river.

Kamaran sighed warily as she reached the edge of the plains, the grass before her turning sparse and eventually giving way to sandy dunes before her. Ahead the endless red sands extended for miles, teminating far to the east and north in low moutains.

The only notable mark on the horizen was an obsidian peg far in the distance, hardly a blip in the dry expanse of sand. From as far as she had to be from it, that slab must be huge. A city, perhaps, tens of miles distant in the already blistering heat.

Kara patted her waterskins, the sealed leather echoing slightly with the impact of her hand. They were designed for travel, but this was different. Without water Kara knew she would die in the desert, a god's blessing or no. And while the waterskins were large, Karaman couldn't help feeling that they were not enough.

'Well, no use in wavering now' the vulpinian thought as she jumped down from the low rock she had stood on. The only rock visible for miles. 'If i'm going to make it, I'll make it now. I hope your watching Vime. For I'm going to make you proud you choose me.'

[ May 17, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2008, 02:11:00 am »

"Heh-eh... i hope no one of you have any.. objections... that i make this game a little more... personal... for myself. When my giants finish building that castle, which is going to take a while i presume... I am going to reside there, in a more physical form." with that he moved his pieces.

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

Hrafn stood in front of the other giants he had brought here, into this (yet) unnamed mountainpeak. On the top of it, they were to build the temple and castle to the grand god. surveying the area he noticed that the first thing needing to be done was roads to Hrafngard and to the top of the peak. It was going to be hard work to even get to the building site. He turned to others and spoke out "Right! we're going to build the castle there, and its going to be hard. i need  4 of you to start quarrying stone from these mountains so that we can start building roads. The rest of you are going to carve those mountainsides so that we have place to build those roads. Get to work!" "i myself am going to climb up there..."

Taranis, the leader of the outpost group that Hrafn had send surveyed the plains opening in front of him, and liked what he saw. Forests, rivers, food and undoudabtly lesser races inhabitating them. He ordered 2 of his men to go hunting for food, and rest he assigned to woodcutting. They needed some houses, naturally. He himself, was going to start planning out the first raid down to the plains.

Hrafngard was peaceful. About 25 giants lived there right now, working to start mining the first raw minerals in the area. The oracle was committing a sacrifice when lightning struck into the altar and The fire of Ukko appeared on it. "Oracle. You must form a raid group, i grow tired of these goats that you sacrifice me. go down to the plains and bring in some livestock, loot and if you can... slaves." with a smile and glee oracle responded "Certainly o' grand god... is there any sort of specifics that you have for your new subjects?" "Head south. You should find fitting slaves there." the fire faded and the oracle straightened up. Walking to the village square where some ten giants were leisuring around, he spoke "Our god has spoken and the time has come! You are to head south, where there is supposedly unaware race, just begging for subjugation!" with roaring cheer the giants rushed off to grab their weapons and armors, readying themselves for the raid.

code:

♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂ç⌂⌂⌂...♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣.♣♣│....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
♣.⌂≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂Å...♣♣♣ ♣♣≈♣♣♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈♣≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘...~

[ May 17, 2008: Message edited by: Nhiphanter ]

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2008, 02:44:00 am »

After a long journey from the mountains, Shraal's expedition finally returned to Shushaw. The trek back would probably have been faster if they did not have the nine sacks of ore they had painfully carried with them. At least they had been bright enough to leave the mining ram in the small cave they had used as housing.

As the party made its way to the center of the hamlet, Shraal noticed that something was very disturbingly different from what he had expected. It was as if a part of the population had disappeared. There were no children playing among the trees. The adults, however, seemed undisturbed by this.

As Shraal looked around him, he noticed a construction to the south of the hamlet. A small silky dome stood there, with seven curved silky spikes protruding from the top. He immediately recognized it for what it was : a burial chamber. Someone had died while they were away.

Shraal approached the entrance to the tomb and heard voices coming from inside. The children were there, talking to the shadow of the departed. Shraal decided to wait until they were finished, which took several long hours. When at last the dome had emptied he went inside. As expected, in the center of the dome was a large cocoon made of shadow silk attached to the ceiling by seven threads. He knew what was inside the cocoon : the remains of the dead, an anchor for the shadow inside the physical world.

Shraal sat down in front of the cocoon. A shadow appeared. It was the mother of the Haadush triplets who was one of the best when it came to weaving shadow silk.

"Congratulations on your untimely demise." said Shraal."Could you tell me how you died ?"

"Thank you, Lord Shraal. I took my own life for the well-being of Shushaw."

Shraal relaxed. His doubts about his leadership abilities were beginning to dissolve in his mind.

"I applaud your sacrifice, however it was not necessary. I could have taught the children myself."

"I did not kill myself only to be able to educate the children. Lord Shelesh appeared before me and we discussed our numbers. With your return we would have been thirty-two. Which is wrong as it can be divided by too many. Now we are thirty-one and therefore can only be divided by ourselves or by Lord Shelesh."

This made sense. Shraal slowly got up, congratulated the shadow once again, and left the tomb. It is a good number indeed, and it will still be a while before the next generation of Thelash would be born. And this death turned out to be even better than it would usually be. Now the children had a place to go where they could learn.

Shraal remembered the old times, or was it a memory he never had, where children dodged in and out of tombs where they learned from the resident shadows. Later they would be tested by the eleven elder shadows before being considered fully grown adults. A death was always good, the wisdom of the dead often reached the living among the Thelash.

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2008, 02:47:00 am »

X-2, having completely worked out the kinks in his metal, looks down at the Drogan, before crouching as much as was physically possible for him to do so.

"Hail, and well met, fellow explorers."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OV looks around the rapidly growing village, pride swelling in the spot his heart would be if he had one. So quickly they had advanced, from merely an outpost to a much larger hamlet. Noting several pringers carrying a boxload of materials heading his way, he heads back inside the building he was leaning against, before going behind the counter and grabbing a hammer. As the pringers carrying the week's shipment come on in, OV leans foward in anticipation. The leader of the small crew comes foward to him, motioning towards the box.

"Got some good loot from the mines for ya, OV. I think we have enough for more pringers to be built. Anyway, we'll lug it over to your prep area so you can get to work."

The small band comes through over to behind the counter, setting the box down, before pulling out their picks and smashing it several times, opening it up enough that OV could easily get the materials as need.

"Ok, boys, let's move out."

The pringers, after quickly saluting OV, sally on out of his shop. OV looks at the current shipment, sighs, and bashes it a couple of times with his hammer, opening it up sufficently. Grabbing some of the materials, he heads over to his anvil and gets to work.

code:

Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2008, 03:27:00 am »

(just came to my mind after reading of our first interracial meeting, i suppose that conversations and such can be done anytime and saying something like "hello" will not take one turn since turn is several months.)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2008, 03:34:00 am »

code:

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈T≡.»≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~#
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂¥⌂¥»≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~

3 months have passed since his godess ordered Lord Madara with the construction of the ships, and they progressed much faster than he ever dreamt of. 2 ships were constructed already, theit anchors were set in the harbor of Eientei, a quickly growing outpost of 10 Tengu. The third ship was in progress, and another group of Tengu left Mahoyiga in direction of the coast, to build an harbor for the capital.

As trees were cut without a break, and nails were driven into the planks, Madara set upon a stone, dwelling in memories, his eyes set upon the vast sea to the north-west. He was an old man, old even before the twin godess of Sky and Earth made him and immortal. And being an immortal didn't change that, unless for some reason he would "un-age". But of course he wouldn't. He had been to the northern continent before, as a small nestling, when his father was on a trip to sell silk and spice. He remembered the vast plains, the rich forest and even the rough mountains far up on the north. A land that was already claimed. He feared the conflict that might arise from a group of tengu settling there. But war itself was simple. It was diplomacy, a battle hardly anyone ever learned, that took him the most of his live to perfect. And yet it was useless the moment it falls on deaf ears.

-----------------------------------------

The split head of Kanako and Suwako btoh sneered in unison:"What's with all of you climbing down on the board yourself ? Have a little trust in the little ones. Their determination can suprise even an elder god, and they do quite well, as long as you point them a general direction. And it's not like you don't get your sacrifices up here."
With these words a small cup of fine ricewine appeared in her hand. She took some of Armok's "elves" and threw them into the sea of alcohol, igniting it, then gulping it down greedily.

[ May 17, 2008: Message edited by: Akroma ]

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 17, 2008, 05:40:00 am »

- Karatomca -

The Tower had grown another 30 Metres. If the additional 10 metres are done the Tower would be ready for Leams newest invention. In the east some Roshani there washing Goldnuggest from the Lakes exit.

"Ok turn this Mirror another 15 degree South. Alright fine this would be perfect." Leam spoke to his 2 Friends and 5 other Roshani each at one of the 7 Mirrors.

"Whats that Construction Leam?"
"You Remember that evining on The Beach Aris? This one where Silis lighted the Fire."
"Yeah, but i cant see what this evening has to do with this Aparatus"
"Well let me explain it to you. This is an advanced version of Silis two lenses. the light from the mirrors goes through this dome of glass which focuses it on the the first lense. This lense focuses the light on another lense. Ahmmm ... ah here this Colored one. From those second lense the light would be redirected by an prism. From the prism it goes to this mirrored ... ahm let us call it for instant ... "tube". On the other end of the "tube" is an mirrored iris mechanism  which regulates the radius and by the radius the Power of the Ray. Do you understand this?"
"Oh ... i ... Yes i fully understand this."
"Ok and now look behind the Iris are two other Prisms that are atached to mechanisms so i can control the Course of the ray."
"Ok but what could you do what Silis couldnt do with his two lenses?"
"Ah thats the right Question! Do you see that tree 100 Metres south?"
"Yes i can see it."
After 2 seconds sudenly the tree Burst into flames.
"That is what i can do Aris."
"Holy shit! Imagine what it can do to a an Animal."
"Imagine what it can do atached to the tower and with 150 Mirrors swiming on the lake".
"But where you get all the Silver and wood for this Construction. Your Goldmirrors were hard enought to build."
"Yes thats an good question and by the way let me shut down that aparatus i dont want another one melt down."
"One last question Leam. Why do i still have to build that three balistas on the Lake?"
"Sun doesnt shine in the night thats why."

-------------------------------------------
- Irumathra -

"Nothin to do my dear?"
"No Guarding this place is easy with the Watchtower and the Palisade."
"Then let us have some Lunch"

One Hour later.

"Where are the other Guards anyway?"
"Well, they are all 3 Down in the Field Testing the Ballista this Leam had send us."
"Karatomca has not enought wood for many Bolts as far as i know what are they using as Ammo then?"
"Somis said somthing about Sunburned loamballs"

-------------------------------------------
OOC:

quote:
The Roshanians in particular have been dividing their population into very small groups that will take a long time to mature into more populous settlemtns. And untill they do the more hostile races will have a much easier time sacking them.

You know my beloved Roshani are divided in a large Group at Karatomca and a little group that does Farming at irumathra for the Guys in Karatomca. The settlements will grow over a longer time but i think because each Woman could hatch 3 - 6 Eggs per year my Culture could grow very powerfull if it grows.

By the way my Roshani arent that much fighters. I see them more like clever Inventors.

I etablish 3 Balistas as defensesystems on the Lake of Karatomca. The lake itself should be as good as a wall.
At Irumathra i have one Balista, a wooden Watchtower and a Palisade.

I have no atacktechs by now better then some Glasstiped Spears and some torsion xbows.

My Suntower as Defsystem isnt ready before turn 6 i think.

Could i raise Irumathra to a Hamlet?

code:

..≈≈δ──────X...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣...≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈..↑↑⌂⌂.~~~
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈T≡.»≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~#

Ter my hero moves another 2 Tiles along the River.

[ May 17, 2008: Message edited by: Heph ]

[ May 17, 2008: Message edited by: Heph ]

[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 17, 2008, 01:38:00 pm »

Fenneth glanced over at Kanako and Suwako.  His smile grew yet again.  "I do think of the Ipetians as highly capable, and it's true: they probably don't need my help.  But still, I don't think they could make a spring out of wine, and I want them to party, not sacrifice.  Not to mention I love playing jokes on them."  Fenneth laughed.

Nietzsche looked at the two messages.  Both Zuidengebied (Southfield) and Westengebied (Westfield) had been fully established.  They were now self-sufficient farming outposts which would hopefully produce enough food to keep Buigend Riet supplied for a very long time.  This was very good for Nietzsche; it would help him in his quest for leadership.  Riet was obviously dead, and the Ipetian needed a strong leader, one who could help them grow and become powerful.

Just then he noticed a carrier pidgin coming towards the grove in which he stood.  He held out his hand, and the pidgin obediently flew to it.  He recognized it as Swiftword, Reit's messenger.  Nietzsche pulled the message off its leg, and it flew to the west, looking for its master.  The message was from Riet.  He had found what was apparently a perfect place for a city.  He went on to say that there was a spring of wine, and that Fenneth had dictated a temple to be built upon it.

Nietzsche was amazed; first that Riet was still alive, and also that he had found a perfect place for a city.  Then he came to his senses.  Spring of wine?  What kind of nonsense was that?  If the message was indeed from Riet, then he had obviously gone mad in the endless plains.  The fool.  He went off in such a grand manner, and now had gone entirely insane.  As Nietzsche walked back into what was swiftly becoming a village, he threw the message in a nearby cook fire.

Riet moved north, away from what would become Wijnfontein.  After his encounter with Fenneth, he had drunk until his stomach was completely full of the stuff and he passed out.  It had been quite an experience.  He had awakened to find that he had been in an alcohol-induced coma for,  by what he could tell from the dead campfire, 3 days.  But, as the God had promised, no hangover.  Still, three days without food or drink had certainly taken their toll.  He promised himself to never do such a stupid thing again.  

After that, Riet packed his camp and prepared to leave.  Originally, it had been his intention to go home, in order to spread the good news.  However, he had a strange feeling that there was something important to the north, something he needed to find.  Whatever it was, it was urgent. So he sent out Swiftword, in the hopes that someone in the village would have the insight to move out a migration as fast as possible.

Now he was coming to the end of a small, or at least thin, forest.  He climbed a tree (not an easy task for an Ipetian) to get a lay of the surrounding land.  To the northwest, he saw a flash of light; likely the sun reflecting off some distant object.  Looking closer, he saw that there was a lake, with some strange, crystal maybe, coming out of it.  He knew that this is what he was intended to find.

code:

..≈≈δ──────X...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣...≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈..↑↑⌂⌂.~~~
.♣♣..♣R♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑Ω☻P⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
.♣....♣...ΦΦ♣... ♣♣♣....≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
...........Φ.... .....≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲..≡♀.▲⌂⌂~↑
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈T≡.»≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~~

[OOC: So, in sum, the two migrant groups formed two outposts, which, due to their very small numbers, will not grow next turn.  However, I would like to request that Buigend Riet be upgraded to a village.  Hero moves north two.  Quick question, does a diagonal movement count as one move or two?]

[ May 17, 2008: Message edited by: Frelock ]

All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 81