Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 81

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread  (Read 106427 times)

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread
« Reply #720 on: June 07, 2008, 04:19:00 am »

((I just posted the numbers Imp sent me. So, if there were more civilians than that, they should all be considered dead. In any case, the only survivors are aboard the ship.

My apologies if the battle sounded game-breaking, but the WOTFEG-weapon ("Wrath Of The Fucking Earth Goddess" - don't flame me for dirty humour, it's the exact wording Akroma used) can't kill what's not there.

EDIT : Your army can move, they just can't fly (strained wings).

Somehow I fail to see why saving your ass like Imp did is gamebreaking.))

[ June 07, 2008: Message edited by: Istrian ]

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: June 07, 2008, 04:24:00 am »

well, I am to calm right now to argue, and looking back it was a bit silly to argue that much yesterday. I still would have appreciated if the bombs were triggered earlier, reducing my losses.
Afterall, the bombs are triggered mechanicaly, and even the weak startup of the earthquake would be more powerful than whatever a tengu (who are very lightweighted) would have caused. If the bomb was calibrated to explode by whatever a tengu would cause, it would have went of earlier, before the Tengu were roaming the streets.

but whatever, 5 hours untill the next turn

also, when did Jamani say he would be back ?
It looks like Nhipanter is going to start some war as well, and it would be bad if Jamini won't be back untill then.

edit: it is gamebreaking because a strategy that was planned for five turns, along with a awesome divine weapon got countered just with a "lol no" that has no negative effects for Imp.
The RULES of the game say that awesome ideas and divine interaction trump common sense. Such a boring strategy beating mine, especialy after the effects of my strategy were completely ignored, that is gamebreaking.

[ June 07, 2008: Message edited by: Akroma ]

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: June 07, 2008, 04:27:00 am »

((Actually the Tengu weren't roaming the streets, they were flying towards the castle. If the bombs had triggered earlier you would have lost more men since you would have been standing right above the explosion, in the middle of the pillar of flame.

Besides, I hardly think of Imp's strategy as boring. Think about it this way : the huge flaming pillar has been noticed by all civs present, except maybe Poltifar's because of the mountains. So soon enough your civ will have to deal, at best, with warlike giants looking for slaves and curious Thelash explorers. In a way he caused you a lot more trouble by fleeing than by defending to the death.))

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: June 07, 2008, 04:56:00 am »

((as long as the Thelash don't send an army I should be ready to deal with them by the turn they arrive.
As for the giants:
Big, slow targets armed with warhammers ?
Not that hard. I just have to keep them out of my settlements to stop them from throwing boulders at my houses.))

((also, for the rekord, who won this war ? And I requested and awesome DF like name from Armok like from a random generator. Even if you can't write the story Armok, at least give my my historical event))

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: June 07, 2008, 05:03:00 am »

((Isn't that obvious : YOU won the war Akroma. That is, as long as you consider kicking a civ out of its borders a victory.

As for a random name... if Armok agrees.))

Ages later historians agreed on the name to give to that difficult time : The Violent Epoch of Shortages.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: June 07, 2008, 05:13:00 am »

((My civ didn't see the actual pillar, but a sort of glow in the sky seeming to come from the SE behind the mountains, sort of like what we would see before the sun rises above the mountains in the morning.

And also, being in surrounded by high mountains, I think even a weak after-shock of the earthquake could be felt when some boulders fell from the mountain or atleast on the higher levels of the towers when furniture shook...)))

((Also, congratz Akroma for winning the first large-scale war of the game))

[ June 07, 2008: Message edited by: Poltifar ]

<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: June 07, 2008, 07:41:00 am »

turn 23

I will take it later, mario cart wii is calling

[ June 07, 2008: Message edited by: Akroma ]

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: June 07, 2008, 07:45:00 am »

we just finished turn 22, I think you mean 23
<@Akroma> eh

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: June 07, 2008, 08:25:00 am »

code:
♣♣│♣♣....⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
♣♣└≈≈─○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
.♣♣♣│⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
..⌂▲○▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
.⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂○┐..♣♣♣.÷. ▲▲▲⌂⌂○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲∞~~∞~~⌂⌂▲○▲ ▲▲⌂....└┐..♣♣♣#. ⌂⌂⌂♣♣│♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲^▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~≡▲│▲ ▲▲♣♣♣...≈≈....D♣ ♣...┌┘♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲∞⌂~~⌂⌂~~~⌂▲│▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣.≈≈≈≈..... ┌─┐.│...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂▲▲⌂~⌂W▲│▲ ▲▲z=z==z≈≈└──┐.. │.└─≈≈─────○▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲┌┘▲ ▲▲⌂⌂Y♣♣┌┘....└#─ ┘....≈...♣♣.⌂▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲┌┘▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣z.│.....⌂↑↑ ........♣♣♣♣┌○▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂○⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲‼══╗ ▲⌂⌂♣♣..│...⌂⌂#~↑ .........♣♣♣│⌂▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○▲▲╚ ═‼⌂,,,,╪,,⌂⌂~║~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│♣⌂▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~╠↑# ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐δ⌂ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲♥▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂÷≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣§
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐⌂ ⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲ÅÇ▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├v─Θ≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣§
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂│♣ ♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂⌂║⌂⌂...♣ ♣╔v╗♣♣.♣♣v....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..┌─┴─ ─┐δ≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂Å..Å♣♣♣ ç╝≈╚╗♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈☻≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘...~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○──┘.⌂♣ ♣└─≈≈⌂⌂...ç≡──── Θ≈≈≈v─v═Θ♣♣...≈≈ ≈≈≈»≈≈≈≈....~~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..⌂⌂⌂ ♣♣≈≈δδç────┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣.c.≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈...P£.~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂... .♣♣♣δ..♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣╞╞╞..≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈.↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~. .♣♣..♣.♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣╞╞..≈≈≈≈≈≈ »≈≈»ΩΩ⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~ .♣♣♣..Φ..♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣♣♣⌂⌂T?≈≈»≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑≡▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~ .♣....ΦΦr..♣♣≡.. ♣♣♣..¥♥⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑t▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂~~~~~~~~~ ......Φ......... .....⌂⌂≈»≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈»¥⌂▲♀..♀.▲⌂⌂~↑
⌂⌂~~≈≈≈≈≈↑↑⌂⌂~~~ ↑....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈
~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲▲▲ ⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.¥.≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~~
≈≈≈↑↑≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂⌂ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂¥═¥≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~
≈≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈.↑≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲↑↑~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈.≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑⌂⌂▲♥⌂~~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂▲▲⌂~  

After many months of travelling, Orion was releaved to have finally arrived at the end of the desert. He had made much faster progress ounce he had reached the sandless hills his kind were much more used to. But he couldn't afford to relax completely, now that he was about to enter a completely unknown region. True, the river and grassy shores he could see beyond the mountain pass didn't seem dangerous, but he had to remain on his toes at all times. Especially now, merely a few weeks after that strange glow to the south-east had appeared and faint tremors had sent fragile pieces of the mountains hurtling down as lethal rock-slides. Luckily, his expedition was far from these slides whenever they occured, but that could change ounce they were in the narrow pass. Besides, he also hoped the settlements he had left behind had not been hit too hard by the tremors.
Most of all, he hoped that the glow and tremors were just a nearby volcanic eruption. But no matter what he wished for, no matter how many times he repeated to himself that it was just some volcano, a completely natural event, he knew that wasn't true. His current body had been made using quite powerful magic, including divine spells, and it had resonated with a powerful force he knew deep down was located exactly were that glow had been. It seemed that there were other sentients in this world, warring sentients with angry gods. Seems that peaceful negotiations might not be possible after-all.

============================================================================

Non-RP: Tower in Alchemia reaches 65m, settlers east of desert begin to settle, more new kinds of golems are Soulforged in Alchemia and Terra, all settlements other than Alchemia are completely built underground and inside cliffs with no outside buildings.

Settlements:
Alchemia: 58
(the one in middle of desert, btw its on a low hill tile not desert tile)
- 1 Large Steel Golem master miner (Ferrum Animus, Chief of Diggers)
- 1 Glass Golem reinforced with bands of Steel, master glassmaker (Abro Vas, Prince of Prisms)
- 11 Iron Golem miners
- 22 Clay Golems
- 14 Copper Golem engineers
- 9 Glass Golems reinforced with bands of bronze, glassmakers

Terra: 56
(the one west of desert)
- 20 Iron Golem miners
- 20 Clay Golems
- 9 Copper Golem engineers
- 7 Bauxite Golem smiths

Altus Tumulosus: 21
(new settlement NE of Terra)
- 5 Iron Golem miners
- 13 Clay Golems
- 3 Copper Golem engineers

Settlers E of Alchemia: 7 (starting to settle)
- 1 Iron Golem miners
- 5 Clay Golems
- 1 Copper Golem engineers

Orion's expedition: 11
- 1 Platinum Golem decorated with bands of Gold and implanted with a Star Ruby in hist chest and inscribed with many glowing runes throughout his body (Orion Primus, Guardian of the Seals of the Ancients, Hero)
- 4 Iron Golem miners
- 2 Clay Golems
- 4 Copper Golem engineers

<@Akroma> eh

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: June 07, 2008, 09:57:00 am »

((I've been busy lately and don't have time for rp right now but I'll give some general information

-The Dracon slowly start to trust the ‼elf‼ once it becomes apparent he has nothing to do with the elves from their homeland.  Not sure how he would react to the metalworking operations though.  I figure the wood from the north reached Campcastle by now.  I can't imagine for the life of me what we could trade though.

-The flame pillar is seen far in the distance. As far as the dracon know that is Vulpinian territory.  So messengers are sent down there to investigate/see if they need assistance.))

code:
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~≡▲│▲ ▲▲♣♣♣...≈≈.....♣ ♣...┌┘♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲∞⌂~~⌂⌂~~~⌂▲│▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣.≈≈≈≈...D. ┌─┐.│...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐⌂ ⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲ÅÇ▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├v─Θ≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣§
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..┌─┴─ ─┐δ≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂Å..Å♣♣♣ ç╝≈╚╗♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈☻≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘...~

((The last BOTG thread used  æ or something for ruins I think.  Why not use that?))

[ June 07, 2008: Message edited by: Greiger ]

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: June 07, 2008, 10:14:00 am »

((Massive post ahead))

Shel sat back and uncovered his head to take full advantage of the chill night air. What he had just seen through his telescope was rather impressive. A huge pillar of flame rising from the ground up to the sky. He felt in the back of his mind that Thlash was just as puzzled. And a puzzled Thlash was a dangerous person to deal with. Helesh did not react to the news as he was too focused to have any interest in the event. He was actually very displeased; because of that pillar he had been unable to sneak in the city and would have to wait until next night.

===============================================================================

Rain poured hard on poor Helesh as he sped stealthily from the north gate to the airship docks the following night. Now was a good time to enchant the ship. He gripped the four glowing rubies in his hand. Those rubies contained the souls of hundreds of flying mountain and forest dwellers and now they were going to make the airship float gracefully in the sky.

Finally he reached the docks and climbed aboard the airship. He pulled a knife out of his coat and started engravin mystical symbols on the bridge of the ship. Thunder rolled in the sky as if sensing what was about to happen.

"Rune of Merging...Rune of Soul...Rune of Transfer, Rune of Air..."

Many more names of runes could be heard from Helesh's mouth. Eventually he was done carving them. He set the four rubies inside the rune circle and started arcane chanting. The wind rose. The earth shook slightly. The air became harder to breathe, saturated as it was with magical energy. The glow of one of the rubies disappeared.

Helesh felt his strength slowly fading but he continued chanting nonetheless. The wind rose even more. Thunder in the sky intesified and the shaking of the ground became harder as well. The glow in the second ruby disappeared.

Helesh was nearly out of strength. Only his will kept him chanting until the third ruby stopped glowing. There Helesh collapsed. Failure was the word on his mouth.

Helesh woke up the following morning to a very unpleasant surprise : Shraal's unhooded face was hovering above him, and he looked not pleased at all.

"I hope you are satisfied with what you did tonight, young man."
"Not really. It failed after all and now you are going to punish me for failing as a mayor as well."
Shraal smiled
"You are right about one thing at least. Get up and follow me."

Helesh slowly got to his feet, his head ringing and his muscles aching. He and Shraal then got off the ship and moved in the direction of the Master Council building. What surprised Helesh the most was that they did not stop there but continued westward. The Shadow Council it was then.

They walked for a while and Helesh thought that they had been walking for too long. The Shadow Council wasn't that far from the Master Council. Then he noticed the thick white fog surrounding them. Maybe Shraal just got lost, thought Helesh.

Finally they stopped in front of the wall of the city. By that time Helesh was full of fear. Shraal was going to execute him by throwing him off the wall. They both moved upward to the top of the walls and continued towards the tower.

Finally they reached the top and Shraal turned toward Helesh and said.

"Take a good look around you. I hope you will understand what you have done."

Helesh looked out and nearly fainted : the ground was nowhere to be seen. THE CITY WAS FLOATING IN THE AIR! Then Helesh realized his folly. He had enchanted the ship but there were so many souls being merged that they overflowed in the next thing in contact with the ship : the ground. And the ground had lifted off the ground. With the whole city and a fair bit of the forest.

"I'm sorry..." said Helesh weakly.
"Instead of being sorry, tell me in how many days the enchantment will wear off."
Helesh ran the number through his mind. The size of the lifted part. The number of souls used. The magically saturated environment he chose for the ceremony. He quickly came to the correct answer.
"No more than three..."
"That's fine then. In three days everything will be back to normal and we will be able to resume the life we had before. Of course you will be properly punished for your lack of foresight. Next time use Control Runes to avoid soul overflows."
"...thousand years." finished Helesh.

This time it was Shraal's turn to feel weak. And angry. A simple dabbler in enchanments who could not even use the proper runes to avoid overflows had managed to lift an entire city into the clouds. Though he quickly regained his composure.

"All right let's go and decide your punishment."

As Helesh stood up he felt his brother Shel talking into his mind. One sentence was enough.

At least now we don't have to worry about where the sewers dump their content.
Shraal arrived before the Shadow Council. He had left Helesh outside the massive chamber. The 11 shadows of the ancestors were here, waiting.

"Do not be too harsh with him. He has made a mistake, but the results are not uninteresting." said one of the shadows.
"Don't worry, ancient one. I recognize the value of his works." answered Shraal
"Now there is something we want young Thlash to do." said another shadow. "You still have the last ruby, don't you ?"
"Use it to enchant his ship and send him towards the place where the pillar of flame appeared. We want to know what caused it." finished a third.
"It will be as you command, ancient ones." said Shraal and left the room.
==============================================================================
Three days later Thlash's airsip lifted into the sky. The dragon-shaped iron ship was called the flying palace by the other Thelash and it was not for naught. It had large corridors lined with fine shadow silk weavings. The rooms were made for the comfort of their occupants. There were even two meeting rooms, to impress any guests.

Thlash was in command of the expedition. There were 12 people with him. Two from the Bloodpillar would provide food whenever the huge holds ran out. Five were of the Mindpillar and would be studying whatever they would come in contact with. The last five were engineers and operators from the Clockpillar. They would operate the ship itself as well as the 12 ballistas mounted above and below the ship and other defensive contraptions. Harmless was not a word the Thelash used often.

The ship came also equipped with various observation instruments to survey the ground below. They had also taken 4 Thelash soul gems with them, to give to races they would come in contact with. All in all the Shuhalal, as the airship was called, was a real exploration and diplomatic vessel : dreadful and impressive.
=============================================================================
((You have been warned, this post was rather massive. I'll make a double-post to avoid lenghtening this one))

[ June 08, 2008: Message edited by: Istrian ]

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: June 07, 2008, 10:18:00 am »

- Rugkadest -

"Finally."
"And you think this pumps will work?"
"I hope so Aris if done my best."
"And only one of the 3 Generators will enough for them?"
"More then enough."
"Well who should press the Button?"
"You should do it you have helped me more then i have ever expected."
"Ok then here we go."

- One week later -

"10 Floors in one week."
"And we have to pump out some more."
"Did you ...."
Peris had opened the Door.
"Quick you have to come we have found something on the 7th Floor which is very interesting especially for you"

Down of the 7th Floor.

"... and so we found them here."
"I understand. And you think they are still intact?"
"More then the others we found."
"What are they made from? Looks like plain Iron but its stainless." said Aris.
"I had noticed that too. Peris you mentioned other Machines like these."
"Yeah we found a stockpile with Bodyparts, heads, and so on, Not all were made from Iron some were from cooper and other materials. Can i leave you alone now these things give me a bad feeling"
"Yes you can go now. Aris we have have to dismantle one or two of them"
"Are ... Are these made by Humans?"
"No Humans had used other more effective Designs. Who ever had build that things wasnt like the Humans i know but as you can see they were great mechanics or even Mago-mechanics."
"Mago-mechanics?"
"Its a term from the old world. It describes an Mix between mechanic and sorcerer. There werent much Magomechanics in the old world but the old Roshani had huge Amount of things like these in the last days of the war and believe it or not i've planned and build a good number of them."
"Do you think we should repair this ..."
""Golems" Machines like that are called "Golems" and i think we shouldnt repair them. We should dismantle them and and learn everything what we can learn but never and i mean never repair a foreign machine you dont know. Machines like that could look Harmless but we dont know how intelligent it is how its programmed and what weapons could be build in under this Ironskin."

-Days later-

"What are you doingTer i thought you work on the Golems"
"No time for that there was something huge to the south east i had to investigate. You know where the glow from the lastnight comes from."
"And because of that you are making a little Birdstatue?"
"It is my old messangerbird i reconfigurating it so i can use it as spy."
"But its a Machine how would it give us the information it collects?"
"It has an Mnemocrystal inside its head so it can countain days of Videodata"
"Video?"
"Yes you dont know whatvideo is so ahmmm. It saves all things that it has heard or seen."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karatomca becomes a City in this turn.

code:

Karatomca                  : E side of W lake       : Roshanian : City
Irumathra                  : Plains. S of Karatomca : Roshanian : Village
Rugkadest                  : NW side of W Lake      : Roshanian : Town
almeftikbo                 : River E. of Karatomka  : Roshanian : Village
Stretiaslu                 : River E. of Karatomka  : Roshanian : Outpost  

(ooc: Poltifar can you discribe some of the inner workings of one of your Golems?)

[ June 07, 2008: Message edited by: Heph ]

[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: June 07, 2008, 10:26:00 am »

OOC: Well Akroma, to be honest, im quite at loss what to do if i get in conflict with you or greiger. The giants are not suited for fighting a threat from above, and i dont have the "invention" or other like that sphere that would save me, even if it is bit too powerful from what ive seen. The spheres that i have are more or less the spheres where my god thrives, not necessarily those very useful. And dont taunt me like that.

Oh well, i guess i can conjure up something that helps me.

[ June 07, 2008: Message edited by: Nhiphanter ]

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: June 07, 2008, 10:34:00 am »

((So now the city of Shushaw Shesh is floating 14 km above the ground. The chunk that took off was a 5km radius sphere. Now there's a huge crater with sewer contents being dumped inside from above.

Helesh's airship will be kept around the city to ship materials from below.
Thlash's airship is heading towards the first ruins of this game. It can land on water as well as land. It flies at a 1000m altitude and is certainly large enough to be spotted from the ground. And all crewmembers aboard the ship have good training in combat (elite level) and are as lightly armed as a Thelash can be (2 rapiers and 10 throwing daggers each, at all times). I'll be using my army symbol to represent the ship.

As for game rules, airships use sails as propulsion so they are subject to the same rules as normal ship when it comes to movement.

code:
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~≡▲│▲ ▲▲♣♣♣...≈≈.....♣ ♣...┌┘♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲∞⌂~~⌂⌂~~~⌂▲│▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣.≈≈≈≈...D. ┌─┐.│...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐⌂ ⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲ÅÇ▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├v─Θ≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣♥
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..┌─┴─ ─┐δ≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂Å..Å♣♣♣ ç╝≈╚╗♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈☻≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘.s.~

code:
Shushaw Shesh              : NE Forest              : Thelash   : Flying Hamlet(29)
Shushaw Hath               : N of Sh. Shesh         : Thelash   : Citadel(31)

code:
Shraal    : Shushaw Shesh         : Writing books/Administration
Shel      : Shushaw Hath          : Administration
Helesh    : Around Hath           : Administration
Thlash    : Shahalal              : Exploration
Shehal    : Oakvale               : Diplomatic duty

code:
Army status
Name : Shahalal exploration force
Place : SW of Shesh
Vehicle : Shuhalal
Composition : 13 elite assassins/explorers + ship defenses

[ June 08, 2008: Message edited by: Istrian ]

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: June 07, 2008, 10:59:00 am »

((Thanks Heph, I really liked the name 'Magomechanics', original and different from other names, exactly what I needed   :) also I'm releived its obvious that I'm using magic AND mechanics, not just mechanics, I didnt want people to think these were ultra futuristic robots))

[ June 07, 2008: Message edited by: Poltifar ]

<@Akroma> eh
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 81