Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 81

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread  (Read 106437 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread
« Reply #660 on: June 05, 2008, 01:12:00 pm »

((That works very well strife.  :)))
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: June 05, 2008, 01:17:00 pm »

((no objection here on adding some spheres, as long as they fit into your current ones. Also, how useful a sphere is is only limited by your creativity. One of Imp's spheres is the forge. And what happens ? Steam powered mashine guns. If they weren't so damaging for me, I'd celebrate them for how awesome they are))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: June 05, 2008, 01:34:00 pm »

((Yeah, Imp's idea for using his shpere was quite ingenuative, hopefully I'll manage something original withought having to use 'Invention' sphere to create lasers and other already present suff... sigh... I really wish I could be a bit more creative in such things, years of playing games that are all similar to each other have limited my creativity  :())
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: June 05, 2008, 02:30:00 pm »

((Akroma: I accept your compromise on the previous battle. As for this next one, just sit tight. It's gonna take me all day to think up some new, devious tactics to throw at you. ;)))
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: June 05, 2008, 02:35:00 pm »

The compromise isn't needed, Heph spend his time writing it, and appearantly has some reason as to why he things it should apply. I think ignoring it would be unfair, especially since now that my reinforcements arrived, 10 soldiers more or less doesn't make the difference for me.

Also, I am very intrigued as to what you can come up with. The next battle will be desisive, and I dare say, I am not going easy on you this time.

oh god I can't sit tight and wait for tomorrow to start the last turn of the valtans.
I am full of anticipation of what Armok seems to be envisioning.

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: June 05, 2008, 03:43:00 pm »

((Armok: Plans on the way, check your PMs.
Akroma: All I will say is, I think you'll be sorely disappointed.))
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: June 05, 2008, 04:37:00 pm »

Shel walked along one of the uderground passages under Hath. He was going towards the room that had been given to the archaeologists from the Mindpillar. Lately they have been excavating diligently. Turning around a corner he saw his borther Helesh. During the last few months he had been spending a lot of time around the citadel and Shraal had started to complain about his lack of diligence to his duties as mayor of Shesh.

"Are you going toward the storage area as well ?" asked Shel.
"Of course, you never know if there might be some enchanted artefact I coud use."
"That passion of yours for enchantments might be dangerous for you."
"Is it my brother talking or are you just quoting Shraal ?"
"I don't really care about what happens around Shesh. Though you might be disappointed, the diggers only found some body parts. Nothing out of the ordinary yet."

They finally reached the storage rooms. Entering they saw dozens of body parts of various materials stacked high on the floor. In other rooms the parts were neatly stored in boxes, ready to be shipped to Shesh with the next caravan.

"I guess you were right, brother. There's nothing of interest for me here. I will go soul-hunting again."

===============================================================================

code:
Shushaw Shesh              : NE Forest              : Thelash   : Hamlet(45)
Shushaw Hath               : N of Sh. Shesh         : Thelash   : Citadel(31)

code:
Leaders status
Shraal    : Shushaw Shesh         : Writing books/Administration
Shel      : Shushaw Hath          : Administration
Helesh    : Around Hath           : Administration/Hunting souls (4/5)
Thlash    : Shushaw Shesh         : Supervising ship construction (2/4)
Shehal    : Oakvale               : Diplomatic duty

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: June 05, 2008, 04:43:00 pm »

((I just got Imps strategy, and unless he changes his mind you can go looking for another volunteer, because I am going to be soooo biased to make Akroma win.  :())
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: June 05, 2008, 05:03:00 pm »

((Well, Armok. If you don't want to do it you can send me the strategies. I'll be as neutral as a neutron.))

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: June 05, 2008, 05:14:00 pm »

((No, I want Imp to be not so boring, I was really exited about this.  :(
I supose I could do something, but it is not even half as fun, same counts for reading it later.
Imps strategy might be realistically good, but we play for FUN, and just about any plan of action except the one he chose would lead to fun.  :(
Maybe I should post a spoiler forcing him to change it...
Sorry, it's just that this could be epic and awesome and fun but Imp seem to play to win.
Isn't that the definition of powergaming or something?
There must sure be another way, I can think of at least one but I cant sugest anything because I know the strategies.))
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: June 05, 2008, 05:21:00 pm »

((Think about it this way : Imp has only one city remaining. If he loses here, he's toast and out of the game. That would certainly take some fun away. So if he came up with a powergamey strategy it's not really a problem right now. Of course I have no idea what he's planning but unless it involves a Death Star and three dozen teddy bears, I see no problem letting him win if his strategy desrves it.))

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: June 05, 2008, 05:33:00 pm »

((You don't see, Akromas strategy is TO AWESOME to fail. :())
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: June 05, 2008, 05:37:00 pm »

I dont see why Imp didnt ship his people out. Theres enough land in the Northeast he can claim and i Think the little island would be perfect for his people.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: June 05, 2008, 05:51:00 pm »

((I think I shouldn't do this, I really looked forward to it but I just can't manage to be unbiased and I have already put myself to shame whit that.
This wont really be a battle anyway, considering the strategies, and I want to wite a battle, and I'd rather wait till I can do that.
I suck.  :())
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: June 05, 2008, 05:55:00 pm »

((@Heph : With what ships ? Those in the harbor were burned to the last one in the second battle.

Do your best Armok. Ask for help if you need. I'm off to sleep now.))

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 81