Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 81

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread  (Read 106442 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread
« Reply #645 on: June 05, 2008, 04:22:00 am »

that's about 400 meter
imagine half the height, vertical distance between the Tengu and the steam guns
at night

good luck hitting anything and not running out of ammo within a few minutes
remmber, there is hardly any wood in the area now, so making a sufficent fire to smelt all the bullets would leave you with a very limited ammo supply (like, i burned down the woods for a purpose)
wooden, stone and bone ammunition would likely no withstand the force of the shot and would be reduced to dust the moment they leave the weapon.

also, even if your god could conjure storms, when the Tengu are coming at night, they would not see them coming, thus would not know when to conjure it
they would have to keep the storm running for months
furthermore, the Tengu would not attack when they cannot fly, and would simply wait for the storm to end

let's settle for another compromise

the tengu pulled of their stone bombardment without any losses. However, the effect was not what Madara was envisioning and let to nothing but a few small holes in the ceiling which are probably annoying when it rains.

No deaths on both sides

However, the civilian poulation that was taking shelter in the fort was probably scared by the sound of the stones hitting the ceiling.

it's still a few hous untill the enxt turn, so if you want to adjust your version Heph, please do so.

If Imp is ok with my compromise, we will go with that, if he just wants to go with Hephs version, lets say we will adjust it for only half the losses, on both sides, and with more damage to the fort (as this time, the hail was concentrated on there, like planned)

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: June 05, 2008, 04:41:00 am »

((I know I'm not involved in the battle, but I wonder. How is your fort built, Imp ? I mean if it's cut into the cliff face the distance between the topmost level and the 'roof' should be at least a few dozen meters. There's no way any boulder dropped on the top can make a hole. At least no boulder that can be carried by a flying creature (except in the case of a huge dragon, or the star destroyer I have orbiting the world  :roll: )))

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 05, 2008, 06:45:00 am »

Ok lets clear this Dudes. If you reread it the Tengu werent noticed until the  Ligning hit because it was to dark to see them. So the nightfly of Akroma was done asuming that the Tengu had started at some point thats not to near at the Valtan city.  

quote:

"If successful, a violent thunderstorm will break over Zurinth, preventing the Tengu army from flying. To be fair, I'll allow you to decide if she succeeds or not."

Was a request of of IMP. By Voilent i think of Lightning Killing things but i countet the tengus abilty to fly too. Since it is more an Magical ability wind isnt a problem for them i think.

As i said Akroma a distance of 200 Metres was a longbow with 80 pound power. In the medieval England it was a condition to be part of the Army to hit a targed on 200 Metres with said Longbow. A normal medieval X Bow has 500 pound power. Imps Valtans have used "Heavy crossbows" lets say 700 pound power. If we do a ballistic shot with an X-bow on we can clearly reach a high of 200 metres.  Its not impossible to hit something on this range with an Xbow. The Romans even have sieged an Israelian Mountainfortress which was more then 300 Metres high with heavy X-bows on 3Pod.

The insobordination thathed lead to an atack of 18 Tengo on the castle was not so god i think bu i got this idea from Madaras Atitude agains the Valtans and well i rolled a Dice (d20 - 3 of 20) and you werent lucky.

An explosion of an Belcher can be very devasting. Opening 3 Floors is nothing if an Floor is above and one under said Belcher. As Akroma said you need much Pressure to use it as weapon.

quote:
That's right, I have three steam-powered machine guns.

Look if you want a steady stream of Bullets (and i think Stones will count as bullets to) with the power of an Todays Mashine Gun you need an very high pressures as long as you are not using explosives. The explosion of the First steamgun was if anyhow to small.

Akroma a Machine gun has quite some power so i think the Steamguns alone could have killed some of your tengu if the valtans ad only used them.

[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: June 05, 2008, 07:41:00 am »

((On the current subject: I mostly agree whit all the critique towards Heph, Akromas compromise sounds plausible.))

quote:
Originally posted by Greiger:
<STRONG>((Yea, the Dracon are fine with the heat.  Actually touching the ‼elf‼ would be uncomfortable but it wouldn't actually hurt them. A strong temperature difference on different parts of their body at once messes with their metabolism and blood flow. I'm no expert but that can't be comfortable for them.  

As for the Pitchblende [it was pitchblende right? I can't seem to find the post.] according to a couple sources when I did a little looking around to judge how to handle it's presence. It is reasonably safe to touch unprotected as long as the contact is short.  Some collectors apparently even keep some in their homes.  They keep it shielded when they aren't messing with it of course, but I'm guessing the effects would be slow to show and fairly minor to the general populace, since the elf keeps it in a metallic backpack.  Folks who spend a long time with the stuff may show major effects though. Sound good?

Oh, and I lost track of my population count a long time ago.  I'm guessing I could upgrade settlements a few times, so I'll increase the size once on each and call it even unless somebody actually knows how many upgrades I got.))</STRONG>

((The "uncomfortable but harmless" sounds plausible.
You seem to be correct about the pitchblende.
The actions of Fothacema will be specified later, because they involve a long speech I would rather postpone writing a litle longer...))
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: June 05, 2008, 07:45:00 am »

OOC: im pulling out the things ive done these past turns. And Heph, even by mentioning the threat i pose, you gave me a terrible idea.

The temple, wraith and Cenna.

The foxthing swung around upon hearing the voice of the wraith, only to become more and more terrified. She screamed and fell over to her back, trying to scramble away as fast as she could.
The wraith closed in at the same speed she tried to crawl away. The wraith let out once again a hissing, eerily echoing laugh.
"Tell... me..."
Thoughts raced through Cennas mind, what should she do?! For now, she decided to speak to the thing, if it would save her life.
"W-what should i tell?" Terror in her voice, her speech shaked.
"Eeverrything..."
"E-everything?"
Suddenly The wraiths eyes narrowed, it let out a scream and a shockwave ran through it. And then... the wraiths visage had changed notably, it seemed much more, living, and its looks had changed somewhat to resemble another giant.
Then, it spoke out with a much different voice, a voice that was certainly of someone living, yet it had a faraway feel to it.
"Greetings, i trust you my puppet didnt scare you senseless. Indeed, you are to tell me everything, everything about your home and race"
Yet again thoughts raced through cennas mind, trying to figure should she tell this "Man" about her homes and race. She decided to lie about it.
She only got to open her mouth when the "Man" interrupted.
"You should not lie to me... i promise, the consequences of even a single lie i hear coming from your mouth, shall be dire"
He can read my mind? How? Suddenly she felt a pull in his mind, a pull so strong that it forced her to do what it wanted. It forced her to tell.
She told him everything about his home and race.

Quite a while after, the "Man" smiled.
"You have served me well, Cenna, and you shall continue to serve me"
With these words, the "Man" raised his(or wraiths) hand, and pressed it to the vulpinans forehead. Her momentarily free will forced her to scream and fight back when a burning feeling spread into her head from the hand, the feeling raced everywhere into her body, bringing blinding pain to her every organ and limb. Suddenly it stopped, and so stopped Cenna.
She now had a faraway look in her eyes, and in her head, no thoughts arise. There was only a single calming presence, constantly whispering to her ear suggestions that felt so good that she had to obey them.
"You should go to the east, there, you will find a city on rafts. Go there, and bring us information"

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

(since i missed few turns i move Hjolf two tiles)

It was a beatiful day in the forest, though Hjolf didnt quite enjoy it.
He had seen marks of civilization all around him for days now, and right now, he was gazing down to city from a small hill encircled by a road. It was far too close to the outpost.
He lighted his hickory pipe and sat down to think. Once his kind would find out about the settlement a mere few weeks travel away, conflict would quite surely ensue. Puffing out a cloud of smoke he thought of the carnage that would ensue.
It was not a happy thought, he was old and wise now, and the strange fervor for war and conquest that was the trait of the younguns of his race had long faded from him. Besides, judging from the prosperity of this town, his kind would greatly benefit from good relations.

After some time and ponder, he set out downwards the hill, heading down to the quiet road and that way towards the city. Atleast it would be an interesting experience.

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

(Also for the raidgroup, im moving them several tiles at once)

The plains strecthed onwards, and onwards. Faraway mountains loomed over it, and brought to the minds of giants the cheering thought of good, wooden homes.
Ragndir was already thinking of the numerous tasks waiting for him, when he began to feel a presence in his mind. He furrowed his brows as he was trying to figure out what it was about when he had a thought that certainly wasnt his own: I should traverse a bit more to west and wait there for a while for someone who would know the true name of the grand god.
Confused, he shook his shoulders and announced the change in direction.

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

some other happenings not in story form.
Road to Hrafngard from Uthargeshud was finished
Uthargeshud has finished its stone walls, they are 30 meters high and 4 meters thick. It has small tunnel inside it with shootingholes on the walls. Also, there are 6 Large square towers varying from heights of 55-70 meters high. Each one of these has 2 twoshot ballistas inside them.
The castle is completely finished, it has two walls, the outer walls which are 25 meters high and 2 meters thick, it only has narrow walkway on it. Outer walls are also defended by 3 round towers 60 meters high each. Then it has the inner walls which is 50 meters high, 10 meters thick and has 10 large round towers each of them 90 meters high. Between the outer and inner walls are the housings and commonplace buildings like taverns etc. Inside the inner walls are the temple and the keep. The temple is a large long square building with two building wings for the gods treasure. The keep is the largest of buildings in the castle, having 4 towers of its own and being over 90 meters high and 80 meters wide.

code:

♣♣│♣♣....⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
♣♣└≈≈─○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
.♣♣♣│⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
..⌂▲○▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
.⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂○┐..♣♣♣.÷. ▲▲▲⌂⌂○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~∞~~⌂⌂▲○▲ ▲▲⌂....└┐..♣♣♣#. ⌂⌂⌂♣♣│♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲^▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~⌂▲│▲ ▲▲♣♣♣...≈≈....D♣ ♣...┌┘♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲∞⌂~~⌂⌂~~~⌂▲│▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣.≈≈≈≈..... ┌─┐.│...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂▲▲⌂~⌂⌂▲│▲ ▲▲/Yz==z≈≈└──┐.. │.└─≈≈─────○▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲┌┘▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣♣┌┘....└#─ ┘....≈...♣♣.⌂▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲┌┘▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣z.│.....⌂↑↑ ........♣♣♣♣┌○▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂○⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲‼══╗ ▲⌂⌂♣♣..│...⌂⌂#~↑ .........♣♣♣│⌂▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○▲▲╚ ═‼⌂,,,,╪,,⌂⌂~║~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│♣⌂▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~╠↑# ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐δ⌂ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲♥▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂÷≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣§
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐⌂ ⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å╗▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├v─Θ≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣§
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂│♣ ♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂⌂║⌂⌂...♣ ♣╔v╗♣♣.♣♣v....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..┌─┴─ ─┐δ≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂Å..Å♣♣♣ ç╝≈╚╗♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈☻≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘...~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○──┘.⌂♣ ♣└─≈≈⌂⌂....≡──── Θ≈≈≈v─v═Θ♣♣...≈≈ ≈≈≈»≈≈≈≈....~~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..⌂⌂⌂ ♣♣≈≈δδç────┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣.c.≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈...P£.~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂... .♣♣♣δ..♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣╞╞╞..≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈.↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~. .♣♣..♣.♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣╞T..≈≈≈≈≈≈ »≈≈»ΩΩ⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~ .♣♣♣.....♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣♣♣⌂⌂⌂$≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑t≡▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~ .♣....ΦΦ...♣♣..≡ ♣♣♣t.¥♥⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲K~~
▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂~~~~~~~~~ ......Φ......... .....⌂⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈»¥⌂▲♀..♀.▲⌂⌂~↑
⌂⌂~~≈≈≈≈≈↑↑⌂⌂~~~ ↑....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈»≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈
~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲▲▲ ⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.¥.≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~~
≈≈≈↑↑≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂⌂ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂¥═¥≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~
≈≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈.↑≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲↑↑~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈.≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑⌂⌂▲♥⌂~~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂▲▲⌂~

[ June 05, 2008: Message edited by: Nhiphanter ]

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: June 05, 2008, 09:12:00 am »

((Nhiphanter, you are quite good at evil, that wraith is chilling.
Also, both the giants and Ariquemera having big towers (the giants pronominent structures and 90m castle, the !!elves!! a soon 100m tower on a montainpeak whit lots of lights and maybe a telescope soon) means they can see each other, this might lead to conflict soon.))
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: June 05, 2008, 10:01:00 am »

((Um, did turn 21 start?))
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: June 05, 2008, 10:15:00 am »

((Looks like no-one noticed my map update. Kira is now in the village. I'm saying that so that the next one to post a map can correct that.))

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: June 05, 2008, 11:23:00 am »

sorry I am late, so here we go, turn 21

(also, 200 meters vertical height might be possible to reach. To actually HIT something is a whole different topic. anyway, since I was the one that allowed you to write the version, I will accept it, eventhough reluctantly)
for further references, Madara's additude is not the additude of the soldiers. Remember, they were hisitant to kill civilians, they wouldn't go into  a berserk rage.

------------------------

code:
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~∞~~⌂⌂▲○▲ ▲▲⌂....└┐..♣♣♣#. ⌂⌂⌂♣♣│♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲^▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~⌂▲│▲ ▲▲♣♣♣...≈≈....D♣ ♣...┌┘♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐⌂ ⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å▲▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├v─Θ≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣§
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..┌─┴─ ─┐δ≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂Å..Å♣ç♣ ╔╝≈╚╗♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈☻≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘...~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..⌂⌂⌂ ♣♣≈≈δδ─────┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣.c.≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈...P£.~~~
▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~. .♣♣..♣ç♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣╞╞..≈≈≈≈≈≈ »≈≈»ΩΩ⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~ .♣♣♣.....♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣♣♣⌂⌂T$≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑t≡▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~ .♣....ΦΦ...♣♣..≡ ♣♣♣.t¥♥t≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲K~~
▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂~~~~~~~~~ ......Φ......... .....⌂⌂≈»≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈»¥⌂▲♀..♀.▲⌂⌂~↑
⌂⌂~~≈≈≈≈≈↑↑⌂⌂~~~ ↑....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈

Madara was still fuming over the recent battle. not only his plan not go as envisioned, he lost some soldiers to insubordination. He wanted to punish the men in charge, but they were too valueable. But he just NEEDED to punish SOMEONE. It was then, that he finaly sighted the ship with rinforcements from mahoyiga.

Mohayiga+harbour: city : 56
Eientei: village: town : 60
Murakami: hamlet : 45
Makai : village : 57
Divine shrine : cloister : 5
Madara's army: 38 men in arms, 24 untrained soldiers, 11 trained soldiers, 4 elite soldiers, 13 injured (not added to the count)

recent reinforcements: 100 men in arms, 60 untrained, 30 trained, as well as ten monks (just imagine them as kung-fu monks)

all in all, that's almost 140 men in arms

Madara grinned to himself. They were now outweighting the valtan's 3 to 1. These imputend dogs proofed themselves worthy opponents, and he was almost sad that this would have to end soon. Glancing at the horizont towards Zarinth, he felt nostalgic...

But right now, he had different matters to attend.

"Has "it" arrived ?"

"Yes my lord. We are unloading it as we speak."

"How many ?"

"15 virginal sacrifices, half of our goats, a third of our pigs. Twenty barrels wine, 30 sacks rice. It took a months to make."

Not able to hold it any longer, Madara broke into laughter. This would mark the end of this city...

---------------------------

Armok, consider yourself lucky. You will get to write a massaker. Sending my strategy to you now.
If you are planning to use some divine magic Imp, please consider that your priests are still recovering from conjuring the thunder storm this turn.

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: June 05, 2008, 11:34:00 am »

((Thanks Akroma!   :D
I think, havn't got your strategy yet, but I supose it wont be long.
So, I guess I'll cut my own turn today quite short then and post it now, you'll have to wait yet another day for the full insanity of the DNSEGCP.))
((Edit: Also, if you want to I can do it in VERY gory detail. DF combat modelling gruesome level x3 or so.))

[ June 05, 2008: Message edited by: Armok ]

Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 05, 2008, 12:01:00 pm »

detail is appreciated, as this is THE decisive battle of this war, everything after that would just be mopping up survivors.
Also, I'd appreciate if you gacve it a DF-esque name, like it came from a random generator

and remember

NO uncalled for intervention
NO random events ruining strategies
The two submitted strategies ONLY
Final destination.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: June 05, 2008, 12:19:00 pm »

code:
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲≡~~∞~~⌂⌂▲○▲ ▲▲⌂....└┐..♣♣♣#. ⌂⌂⌂♣♣│♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲^▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~W~~⌂▲│▲ ▲▲♣♣♣...≈≈....D♣ ♣...┌┘♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~ .♣....ΦΦ...♣♣..≡ ♣♣♣.t¥♥t≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~

After a long day of inspecting construction, Orion was feeling quite bored. Not exhausted... no Golem would admit exhaustion, they were the perfect beings, after all! Made by the perfect people to be perfect servants... Although Orion was starting to doubt all that. The world had certainly changed from the little of what he remembered, and so much had been lost. No matter what speeches he gave to encourage his people, no matter what great projects he ordered to be constructed, he knew deep down that he could not rebuild withought more brother Golems to help. Of the few secrets he remembered, the sheer number and diversity of Golems that ounce 'lived' were uncountable. Comparing that to the few dozens of clay golems and some specialized golems he had here would be like comparing a diamond crown to a wooden ring.

Entering his now grand office, atleast grand compared to their current standards, he looked out of the window, a habit he had gotten used to do atleast ounce a day. Perfectly square buildings surrounding an also square gleaming white tower already 40 meters tall were easily visible from were he stood. Sighing, he turned to his desk, were another tower awaited him: a tower of paperwork. Not actually paper, such a commodity was rare in a desert. Instead, thin sheets of copper written on with some ink alchemichally prepared using some of the formulas still remembered. But one thing was amiss, there was a paper, an actual paper, on the desk. He quickly snatching it, wondering were it could come from. Oh, how he hated paper, which rotted away with time and could burn. Clearly lacking compared to metal. The note was written in a extremely hard to read handwritting, as if someone had been writing with a pen stuck between his toes, and blotches smeared it every few words. Nevertheless, he managed to make sense of it: "Time has come to move. Go out, find your brothers, discover possible allies, and bring me back ancient secrets and forgotten knowledge. The chick is safe in his nest, but he must fly out to feed."

That note tickled something in his memory. He didn't have a clear image of who was it that he remembered to speak in such cryptic, senseless messages, but he remembered he had good reasons to obey that entity. And even fear it. Grudgingly, he wrote down his orders and recommendations for the to-be empire in this desert to continue in his absence, asking more settlements to be built around the desert, and appointing Ferrum Animus, Chief of Diggers, as new temporary leader. He would have loved to stay and see this new land prosper, but priorities were to be respected, and currently, the priorities were, discovering the new world, including neighbors, and finding lost tombs of his bretheren. Nothing was certain about the future, but one thing was forseable. Perfect or not, the race of Al'Qwat would rise again.

===================================================================
Orion moves towards the opening in mountains to the SE, while group of settlers move 2 tile NE of Terra and start to settle

Alchemia: 40
(the one in middle of desert, btw its on a low hill tile not desert tile)
- 1 Large Steel Golem master miner (Ferrum Animus, Chief of Diggers)
- 4 Iron Golem miners
- 28 Clay Golems
- 7 Copper Golem engineers

Terra: 33
(the one west of desert)
- 13 Iron Golem miners
- 14 Clay Golems
- 6 Copper Golem engineers

Group of settlers from Terra: 10
- 2 Iron Golem miners
- 6 Clay Golems
- 2 Copper Golem engineers

Orion's expedition: 11
- 1 Platinum Golem decorated with bands of Gold and implanted with a Star Ruby in hist chest and inscribed with many glowing runes throughout his body (Orion Primus, Guardian of the Seals of the Ancients, my hero)
- 4 Iron Golem miners
- 2 Clay Golems
- 4 Copper Golem engineers

<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: June 05, 2008, 12:38:00 pm »

((Got Akromas PM and responded, regardless of everything this will be epic and awesome.))

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Turn 21:

code:

Efil-inira: 42 !!elves!! (hamlet) (+-0 since last turn)
Ariquemera: 82 !!elves!! (Grows to town) (+11 since last turn)
In armies/expeditions: 3 !!elves!!
Other: 14 working/travelling between Ariquemera and Efil-inira.
Total: 138 !!elves!!

((Fothacema negotiates whit Dracon.
Iranineleni sobs in the giant’s fire-pit.
Amizoimi live happily whit the Zefies. ((Any news on how communications go strife?))
Efil-inira has stagnated.
The new tower in Efil-inira is now 45m.
Some of various building and science done in Ariquemera:
The great tower in Ariquemera is constructed to about 95m so far, whit a 360 degrees balcony at 60m for observation and communication, or just looking at the fantastic mountain view.
I dunno how far to go whit this, there are a few projects that I’d like to do, very crude nukes and lightsabres and lasercanons, but not as scifi as it sounds thou, the lasercanon being the same kind that the Roshanian has for example, and the nukes being immobile and to crude for most practical purposes other than a self destruct mechanism. I’ll probably begin some of thesse as soon as there is a lack of things to write when the diplomacy is steeled.))

List of important people:
Acathiima, hero and leader of Efil-inira: Legendary organizer, skilled bow!!elf!! (Doing paperwork and ruling from The Seat of Authority, in Efil-inira.)
Yanenirica-Awidi, advisor and secretary of Acathiima: professional lawyer, professional diplomat, legendary organizer, master politician, legendary liar, legendary flatterer. (Doing paperwork and ruling by The Seat of Authority, in Efil-inira.)
Ilecaaye, ground-breaking geologist: grand-master miner, grand legendary geologist, talented metalworker, master chemist, skilled mechanic, master mathematician. (Making science in Ariquemera.)
Fothacema, scout/diplomat: professional scout, skilled ranger, talented diplomat (negotiating whit the Dracon.)
Iranineleni, lawyer: professional lawyer, professional diplomat, skilled organizer, novice politician, dabbling jackass, dabbling scout. (Captured and “enslaved” by storm giants.)
Amizoimi, scout/diplomat: skilled scout, skilled ranger, talented bow!!elf!!, talented diplomat, novice middlemanagement, novice cartographer. (negotiating whit the Zefies.)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[QUOTE Fothacema is escorted into the city, he sees many civilians stop to stare but they keep their distance.  The city is stone, the doors are stone, the roads are stone, nearly everything is made of stone.  The only immediately obvious thing not made of stone are made of a plant fiber he never saw before, green colored, but with barely perceivable red specks when he saw it without artificial coloring.
After a short walk through the city he is brought to a rather large temple looking structure.  It has a massive colored glass window on the front that seems to depict symbols for numerous different gods and goddesses, though the largest symbols are of a fire breathing red wyvern((Holm, god of lesser dragons)), another separate one of a large golden sword partially obscured with an image of a dracon's wing(Kerisorin, god of honor and combat)), and last is, oddly enough, an image of an old discarded banana peel((Youh)).
The inside of the structure was massive with statues of what could only be assumed were gods or great heroes lining each wall.  After a small amount of hassle related to getting tapestries and seat cusions out of burning range he arrived at the back of the large room, where the leader of the patrol that had found him was conversing with another dracon in a white robe.
After being pointed out the female dracon in the robe(it sounded female at least, it lacked feminine features) started speaking to him.  The words seemed to have elvish syllables but only sounded like gibberish.  After it became apparent that she wasn't understood, she said a few words that the ‼elf‼ sensed divine magic in and the priest moved forward and touched Fothacema on the shoulder.  The sleeve of her robe immediately burst into flames.
"Yes I know I'm on fire, just get me the bucket.  That's holy water, the other bucket I had the youngling fetch when you first told me of the elf. Thank you." the priest calmly put out the fire with the water, then studied the damaged robe with a small amount of disappointment.
She was speaking elvish! Fluently! and the other dracon still understood her!  "So now that we can speak, I am High Priest Tara, you are in the city called Campcastle.  May I ask who you are, where you come from and why you are on fire?" The questions didn't sound as hostile as the patrol leader's but a hint of suspicion was still there. [/QUOTE]

Fothacema looked wide-eyed all around walking thought the city, everything about this bustling place exited him, so different from those endless planes!
When the priestess first spoke he was startled, but son figured out it was some kind of spell, which exited him even more, MAGIC! That would be useful to the !!elven!! people.
He took a deep breath and began to speak in a friendly maner.
“Greetings noble dragon-folk, I come in peace and wish a long and prosperous future of trade and understanding between our species, my name is Fothacema and I am a diplomat and scout on a mission of unity.
I have been travelling east for many years, and the place I come from has surly changed, it is called Efil-inira and seek alliance and trade whit all.
I bring gifts, and trade goods, if you like to see what such an relationship might offer.”
And whit that he hauled up from his backpack ((hope this is right, it was long ago and I cant find the post)) several bars of gold and silver, some aluminium, titanium and tungsten, and quite a bit of gems.
“You can not imagine how glad I am to finally again hear voices and see faces, and I would like to stay in this city for the foreseeable future.
I would also like to share whatever information you maybe have on whatever you want to share, especially on the presence of other peoples of this world.
Myself I have not much information to offer, for there is no memory of what came before the founding of Efil-inira, but I can at east give you what information and crude maps I have over my journey here to help you find your way to Efil-inira”

code:

▲⌂⌂♣♣..│...⌂⌂#~
▲‼⌂,,,,╪,,⌂⌂~║~
⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~

((Fothacema will cooperate on most anything you suggest, and establish as favourable relationships as possible, he will not hold on to his objects much and will mostly trust the honour system in a possibly naïve way. He will ask lots of questions about everything and want answers but he will not do anything sneaky.))
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: June 05, 2008, 12:51:00 pm »

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂▲▲⌂~⌂⌂▲│▲ ▲▲z=z==z≈≈└──┐.. │.└─≈≈─────○▲▲▲▲

Yankee arrived in the settlement with all haste. He found a hamlet made up of several semi-underground stone dwellings. The zefies were carrying out their work with pecision and haste. He noted that the road crew was doing many important projects. Specifically, he found them in conference with Felu as to the planning of mine shafts. Felu, he saw, was out of his depth. The blob had the good sense to agree with whatever was being said though.  Yankee pulled his friend away from the conference. "Where is the elf staying Felu?"

"Just walk around the wide building over there, and I think you'll see it. Just do whatever you think is best for the mines. I suppose I'll have to sign the finished scematiwasits when you're finished right? Leave them in my office. I best introduce Yankee to our friend."

Yankee reached into his taveling bag and pulled out his cape. He didn't usually wear it, yet it did make him look important. It was always purple, but never the same shade. He aupposed that it would turn brighter for royal apperances or something. When Yankee turned the corner, he stopped in amazement. A gaint, green, glass. . . bungalow? How could that have been made in only a couple of weeks?

Yankee's amazement was quickly inturupted by Felu running into him. The zefies prince went head over cape down a fairly steep hill. As he was spinning, Yankee noticed with amusement that the cape was changing shades. Soon it would be almost black. It probably assumed that Yankee was in a combat situation. Yankee was then flung into space.

Felu gapsed, "The exploratory mine shaft!"

Yankee saw the walls of the shaft flash by his eyes. He swore to himself. He promptly drew his left-handed blade and plunged into it into the walls. It went in deep. Then Yankee's momentum pulled it free. The drop continued. Thankfully, the second attempt with the sword was succsessful. Yankee carefully stabbed his second sword into the wall as well.

Felu rushed to the shaft and looked down to see his friend hanging by two relativly thin blades in a deep hole. "I'll get some rope right away. Sorry!"

Yankee replied cooly, "No need Felu."

The ungodly agile Yankee carefull grabbed onto a handy viney, yanked his swords free, and leaped from ledge to ledge, freeform climbing. "Now then, let's get back to work, eh Felu.

Several hours later, Yankee was exasperated. He knew most of the languges from his universe (All five of them); !!elfish!! was not one of them. He had managed to explain his and Felu's name, that the people were called zefies, and that the elf's name was some thing unpronouncable. "Felu, find a  quick zefie to be in charge of diplomatic relations. Tell him or her to try to learn the elf's language and teach it common."

Even the avatars expire eventually.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: June 05, 2008, 01:02:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Armok:
<STRONG>
Of coarse, once possible he DO complete his mission and try to establish an alliance. maybe getting a Zefie ambassador to Efil-inira? It will be fun to get some use of The Seat of Authority, but he will have warned them about that.))
((BTW, I really like your species ideas; do you just make it all up as you go?))</STRONG>

(I'm not sure how toplay with the language problem. Zefies don't have any really 'active' magic at all. Just some passive enchantments. I suppose that carefully learning the other language might be interesting enough. Perfect oppurtunity for another zefie to get out of real work.

Also, thanks for the compliment. The main caracters (Felu, Gouzzi, and Yankee) do have earlier backstory and such. I started crafting the world a couple of years back. In my cannon, Yankee is the last remaining zefie. All the rest get killed years back. Yankee carries two of the three legendary zefie blades which gives him (assumed) imortality. he eventually become friends w/ Felu & Gouzzi. There's a big adventure and battle where the ruins of the old zefie capital are. Then Strife transports them for the game.

Zefie culture itself was never really created by me. I guess that it will be very elastic as this game goes on.)

Strife looked up and at the other gods. "Does anyone have any particualar problem if add some more spheres too myself? I worry that my current ones would be useless to often. If not, I may have to pull out a colt wielding heavily armored warthog army. And that would get silly fast."

Even the avatars expire eventually.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 81