Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 81

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread  (Read 106445 times)

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread
« Reply #600 on: June 04, 2008, 04:35:00 am »

((Istrian: Got your PM, look for a reply.

Bed for me now...))

Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: June 04, 2008, 06:01:00 am »

Turn 20

I will post my move depending on how the battle ends

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: June 04, 2008, 06:23:00 am »

****BATTLE REPORT : Tengu vs. Valtan****

code:
A schematic map of the city
= Walls
# Mountains
. Ground/Buildings
~ Water

##########===================================~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
########.......................................~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
#Valtan#.....various buildings............................~~~~~~~
##fort##.....mostly burned................harbor............~~~~~
########.......................................~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
########.......................................~~~~~~~ships~~~~~~
#cliffs#.......................................~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
###########===================================~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A new day dawned on the Valtan city. The defenders of the fortress carved onto the western cliffside watched the rising sun beyond the harbor to the east. The city looked dead with all those burned buildings. The few left standing were mostly around the harbor.

The Tengu launched their strike. A group of 40 soldiers flew inside the city from the west, staying a fair distance away from Valtan crossbows. As soon as the defenders saw the creatures, they began shooting. Unfortunately the flying creatures were too far to take a good aim, but a few bolts managed to hit their targets as three Tengu dropped from th air, dead.

Something else dropped from the sky : the Tengu bombs. They set on fire the few buildings left surrounding the fortress.

When the Tengu batallion led by Madara sighted the harbor, a long way away to the east, he saw the inherent flaw in his battle plan. All Tengu boats and ships were moored in the harbor with no warship to be seen around. However, there seemed to be no defenders around the harbor, either. Madara was interrupted by a shout. A ballista scatter-bomb had hit one of his groups and 3 Tengu were gravely injured.

Meanwhile at sea the other Tengu battle group composed of extremely trained soldiers was flying west, with the rising sun on their backs to cover their approach, which did not really need to be covered since the sea was void of activity.

The battle above the city was mostly uneventful, with the Tengu staying out of range from the Valtan heavy crossbows. Madara was weighting his options. He could either bomb the harbor, or leave. Then he sighted the second group approaching.The fortress defenders saw them too but decided that it was safer to remain inside.

Unopposed, the second Tengu battle group, joined by Madara's soldiers hit the harbor, setting it ablaze. All of the boats were burned, as well as the wooden buildings. A few random ballista shots managed to kill two other Tengu.

Then the Tengu army retreated north and west, carefully avoiding the fortress.

==============================================================================

Battle results :
Valtan casualties = 8 civilians who had been taking a stroll outside, in spite of the fortress lockdown (dead)
Tengu casualties = - 3 untrained soldiers (dead)
- 2 trained soldiers (dead)
- 3 untrained soldiers (gravely injured)
- Various wounded who will heal quickly

All Valtan ships moored at the harbor were sunk, either by flames or sunk directly (7 large fishing boats, 15 smaller multipurpos vessels and dozens of smaller dhingies)

19 of the 20-30 structures standing outside were burned.

==============================================================================

A summary of the strategies I received.

Tengu : Two battle groups, one strikes from the west and burns everything staying away from the east (distraction). The other strikes from the sea to the east destroying any fishing ships they encounter.

The fist group kills civilians and military if the odds are in their favor.

Valtan : Everyone stays inside the fortress and shoots on sight.

[ June 04, 2008: Message edited by: Istrian ]

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: June 04, 2008, 07:04:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Akroma:
<STRONG>Okay, next turn in about 8 hours

does anybody know what happened to Nhipanter ?</STRONG>

well i know what happened to him, last weekend, his grandfather died and he didnt quite have to time for this. I think he seeks an answer if that he can make the turns he missed due to this very unfortunate happening.

edit: hmmm... just about how many turns i missed? 3 or 4?

[ June 04, 2008: Message edited by: Nhiphanter ]

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: June 04, 2008, 07:28:00 am »

Aw, that sucks...  :(
Someone should have put you on kittenslaughter duty years ago to give you "dosn't care about anything any more"...
Well, will you continue now, how do your giants handle the !!elf!!? I doubt they have a material that can whitstand the heat.
I should probably just shut up...
[/Disgustingly insensitive]
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: June 04, 2008, 08:23:00 am »

OOC: oh yes... the !!elf!! i do have a plan for him, so, here goes nothing.
and... his body temperature was around 600 degrees right? And irons melting point is around 1500 degrees.

Events that happened quite some time ago.

The giants were digging about 3 meters deep humanoid shaped mound in the middle of the town square. Finally, when they were done, they covered every surface in the mound and around the mound with bauxite boulders. Then, they made an steel grill from some thick bars to be placed over the mound.
Outside of the town, two giants were preparing to lift the fire thing. They were equipped with very thick leather clothes and masks, in order to protect themselves from the heat. They also had two long steel rods to carry the thing with.
They carefully lifted the thing, exactly in the middle of the rods, far enough from them to safely carry it.

Finally they were at the town square, next to the mound. They slowly took better positions, and with raising the other rod and pulling other down they slid the thing to the mound. Then, they took the grille laying next to them at the pavement. With slow and tedious work, the steel grille was finally established over the mound. The "firemans" backed away, and gave way to the current leader of the town. He surveyed the construction on the ground. The Fire things flame was now seeping through the grille, emanating great heat around it. "Well, it seems the fireplace we have so long needed is finally made. And we dont need even wood to fuel it!" Small cheer emanated from the crowd that had gathered around and someone was already holding a stick and some meat in his hands.

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤'

OOC: And that, was the fate of the !!elf!! so far.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: June 04, 2008, 09:14:00 am »

An old, seemingly frail man none of the other gods seemed to have noticed before stands up from a chair in a far corner of the room. Closing a large, dusty tome of ancient lore, he speaks in a low, unrufled whisper, "Oh my, what a nice game, may I join? I might be a bit late, with all of you already so advanced in the play, but I could enter just to add a bit of flavor... Nothing grand, mind you, just a diversion. Besides, all this reading is starting to get quite tedious..."

OOC: So can I enter, yeah its late, but still... besides, I'm not planning to fight or compete with other races, just have a bit of rp fun, even if that means my race gets squished by giants or robo penguins   :p btw i didnt read the whole 25 pages of the game... but i did read all first 3 and a bit here and there to get an idea

God: Poltifar
Spheres: Knowledge, Invention, Secrets, Philosophy, gems, metals
Race: Al'Qwat
Civ: The Runes of Enlightenment
Sitetype: Mountains
Hero Symbol: W
Army symbol: w
Civ Symbol: ∞

The people of Al'Qwat are, quite simply put, automatons. For those who know not of the meaning of that word, it means golems. They were created by the god Poltifar by combination of science and magic, to act as his servants and representatives in mortal lands. They are sentient beings who also have their own hopes, goals, and dreams. Poltifar only gives them 'suggestions' on what to do.

The automatons of Al'Qwat are quite diverse people, ranging from specialized miner golems with incredibly strong bodies of iron but low IQ, to nimble engineer golems made of copper repairing others of its kind and crafting commodities, to ancient golem sages crafted of the purest silver and gold eons ago...

These people need no food or drink, instead they need constant maintainance, so instead of farmers and cooks, they need engineers and miners to sustain there population, thus enabling them to easily live in mountains, but having difficulty in living in mineral-poor plains and forests...

They also reproduce and move a bit more slowly than other races, taking their time to think about their actions. They are mostly pacific, but if they do participate in warfare, they prefer playing the defensive in hard-to-access mountain towers.

((So can i participate? if someone tells me yes, i'll post starting location and some rp, also expect a bit of latency between my posts... i still havent figured how u all seem to stay 24/7 online to reply, but i cant manage that yet))

[ June 04, 2008: Message edited by: Poltifar ]

<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: June 04, 2008, 09:52:00 am »

OOC: No objecting from me about new players, more things to subjucate to my great empire, but is it just me, or does anyone have a feeling this war will be fought with laser cannons and orbital platforms at the end? There's awful lot of technologie stuff going on... And again to you poltifar, no objection from me to you. I have been meaning to say that long before this too. Just popped in my mind now...

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: June 04, 2008, 09:56:00 am »

((I think you can join, but I really recommend reading the whole thread first, not only because you'll need it if you are going to interact whit other players, but also because it's brilliant and worth reading.))
Edit:
quote:
does anyone have a feeling this war will be fought with laser cannons and orbital platforms at the end?

((Well, my !!elves!! invent magical lightsabers any turn now, if the objectios are not TO violent...
Thou they work mostly whit magic, and is a bit more realistic than the Starwars version, so it's not realy as bad as it sounds.
but yea, it seems plausable.
I think at least 3 races ALREADY have laser cannons, or could build them easily.))

[ June 04, 2008: Message edited by: Armok ]

Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: June 04, 2008, 10:24:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Armok:
((Well, my !!elves!! invent magical lightsabers any turn now, if the objectios are not TO violent...
Thou they work mostly whit magic, and is a bit more realistic than the Starwars version, so it's not realy as bad as it sounds.

OOC: Flaming Jedi Elves? Cmon Armok... do you seriously mean that?

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: June 04, 2008, 10:30:00 am »

Poster a new story down

<@Akroma> eh

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: June 04, 2008, 10:35:00 am »

((Please fix your code tags Poltifar.

EDIT : Thanks))

[ June 04, 2008: Message edited by: Istrian ]

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: June 04, 2008, 10:41:00 am »

((guys, plz help, i copy the map and it just not showing right))
Edit :((nvm, i copied each line alone and it worked))

<@Akroma> eh

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: June 04, 2008, 10:54:00 am »

(("Flaming Jedi Elves? Cmon Armok... do you seriously mean that?"   :D

That's a dessert, Poltifar...

Actually, it would be Nuclear Flaming Communist Jedi Elf Lawyers!))

[ June 04, 2008: Message edited by: Armok ]

Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: June 04, 2008, 11:12:00 am »

((No problems, happy to have another player.  Though I think that is a desert not a lake yer set up on.

I got a new job recently, so I can't post between 2pm and 10pm EST on Wednesdays through Sundays anymore.  But at the same time my computer just lost one of it's hard drives so I have fewer games to play and may post more often outside those times.

Oh and on the current topic...
Giant Poisonous Zanzibarland Hamsters rule all.))

[ June 04, 2008: Message edited by: Greiger ]

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 81