Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 81

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread  (Read 103871 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2008, 03:54:00 am »

code:
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂○┐..♣♣♣.⌂. ▲▲▲⌂⌂○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~⌂~~⌂⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂....└┐..♣♣♣♣♣ ⌂⌂⌂♣♣│♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲^▲▲
▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲♣♣♣...≈≈....♣♣ ♣...┌┘♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂⌂~~~⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣.≈≈≈≈..... ┌─┐.│...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂▲▲⌂~⌂⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣♣.≈≈└──┐.. │.└─≈≈─────○▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣♣┌┘....└── ┘....≈...♣♣.⌂▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣.│.....⌂↑↑ ........♣♣♣♣┌○▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲⌂⌂♣♣..│...⌂⌂~#↑ .........♣♣♣│⌂▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲⌂⌂....│..⌂⌂~~~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~~↑↑ ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂⌂

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂.≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣S
⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å▲▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├──V≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣§
♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂Ç⌂⌂⌂...♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣.♣♣│....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
♣.⌂≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂...♣♣♣ ♣♣≈♣♣♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈♣≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘...~
♣♣≈≈≈⌂⌂....┌──── ─≈≈≈──≡♣Θ♣♣...≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈....~~~~
..≈≈δX─────┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣...≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈..↑↑⌂⌂.~~~
..♣♣δ..♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑↑↑Pp▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣..♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑Ω☻⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣♣.....♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣♣♣....≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑⌂▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
.♣....R...≡Φ♣... ♣♣♣....≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂K⌂▲▲⌂~~
...........≡.... .....≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲...♀.▲⌂⌂~↑
.....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈↑÷T≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~#
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂¥⌂≡≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲↑↑~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑⌂⌂▲▲⌂~~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂▲▲⌂~  

As the second turn started, Suwako's head turned 180° degrees, revealing Kanakos face on the other side. Looking down at her pieces, she felt that the southern island would soon be overcrowded. She moved the piece of Madara, Lord of the Tengu, and left him, with this edict: "Deforest the northern part of your island completely, take the wood, and built a fleet of 3 ships (from now on » will be the symbol for ships). 2 of them will bring your people to the northern and to the eastern continent, where they will be blessed and grow. The third ship, shall be rested in the harbor of the village of Eientei. Send out 7 of your men to the eastern coast to prepare this task.

------------------------------------------------

After a long night of meditation and prayers, his calls had been answered, clearer than he had ever hoped to. If he wants to save the kind of the Tengu, he will have to expand his Imperium.
In the early morning, he send 7 Tengu towards the east, and another 7 Tengu followed him northwards, where they spent the next months completely deforesting the part of the forest directly in the north to them. The 3 Tengu who were the most experienced with wood camped there, starting to build the first of the 3 divine archs. The other 4 and Madara made their way towards the east, to continue the deforesting.

-------------------------------------

OOC: This keeps the Hamlet of Mahoyiga from growing to a village this turn. The new ship tiles  » are necessary, as even a flying race can't cross an ocean without being able to rest. They can host migrant groups, merchants, as well as pirates.

[ May 16, 2008: Message edited by: Akroma ]

[ May 16, 2008: Message edited by: Akroma ]

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2008, 05:30:00 am »

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂.≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣S
♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂Ç⌂⌂⌂...♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣.♣♣│....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
..≈≈δ────X─┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣...≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈..↑↑⌂⌂.~~~

OOC: For turn 2 Karatomca becomes a Hamlet and Irumathra is still an Outpost.

I also move my Hero another 2 tiles east as seen above.

code:

Karatomca - Heatsanctum    : E side of W lake       : Roshanian : Hamlet
Irumathra - Wavewheat      : Plains. S of Karatomca : Roshanian : Outpost

-------------------------------------------
- Many miles east from Karatomca -

Ters small Pirogue drifted down the river. He thought about Immortalty an how it came he was immortal. Sure it was some kind of Magic but the Powers of Magic were long taken away from the Roschani. The last shamans of his tribe were dead and buried in the sands of a world that couldnt stand against Demons called "Humans" and theyr evil machines. At last even the Humans were also wipped out by becoming machines by themselves but this was not important.

Once, in the old world, magic was given to the Roshani by the dragon Hylari "the silver Scale" who has mated an Roshanian Girl. It was the Offspring of this couple who could use magic and all powers which are bounded to it. The shamans had opened ,with the help of Issha, the Door to this world but were killed by the machines in the very same moment. Ter the last with dragons blood was immortal yes but he couldnt reproduce this was the downside of his immortality.

- Karatomca that was growing again thanks to the help of the new founded Irumathra. -

Fog was rising over the Lake of Karatomca. The last days had become a little bit colder than normal but not to cold. Leam who was fishing again looked offer the Mirror flat waters and wondered. There was a pillar of solid Fog standing an half mile away. Should it be another Message from Issha? Out of curiosity Leam untied his new raft. "Lets take a look." he said to himself.
An half hour later he reached this ominous pillar of Fog but couldnt see the source of it. "Maybe its under the water." he said again to himself an sliped from the Raft. He didnt dive because there was a large Block of obsidian one Hand under the Surface. After some investigation he found that this block was 20 Metres in diameter and totaly flat. Which incredible forces would have trown this boulder in the lake was unknown to Leam but one thing was clear. "On this place will stand the Temple of Issha"  

Three weeks later Leam was sitting on the beach with two of his friends. The sun stands low an the temperature begins to drop. In the distance they could see the rising of the Isshas temple. The Tower made from Glass was almost 10 Metres over the surface and every day it was growing faster. Wood had been an issue for the last 5 days but for now there was still enough for a little fire that wasn yet Burning. Silis was standing over the logs with two lenses in her hand.

"Silis how long does it take to light a Fire?"
"If you could do it better please light it by yourself."
"Ok, ok what are you doing anyway?"
"I light the Fire with the power of Ishaas Star i only have to find the right distance between the lenses."
"Yeah right and Leam could divide the Water of the ...."
Smoke and fast growing flames appeared from the logs.
"What did you say Aris dear sister?"
"Nothing" said Aris and in Leam where was another Idea growing.

-Around the table-
"Could i have some !!elves!! i am hungry."

[ May 16, 2008: Message edited by: Heph ]

[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2008, 06:29:00 am »

Heph you have to edit the map

you didn't copy my moves

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2008, 06:42:00 am »

Ok i have changed the map. Any other things i have to correct?
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2008, 07:23:00 am »

(goddamit, youre too fast!  :) )

Ukko suddenly awakens from his short daydreams and curses  that the game has gone forward so fast. "hmhm... let's see now... i shall move that there and that there.."

Hrafn was sitting in his throne and pondering about the next feast when suddenly a lighting striked through the wooden ceiling. "HRAFN!" the great voice shouted. Looking around for the source of the voice he saw nothing but the roaring fire on the floor, left by the lightning strike. Then he looked into the fire, and saw the shape of Old great giant, with long white beard and wolfrugs as clothing. Peering into the fire, he spoke out "Grand god... i must ask the meaning of your incarnation?" "I have incarnated here to guide you, something what that fool of an oracle seemingly cant do." "Guide me? how?" "This village has grown, and you, my subjects, grow short of raw materials." "indeed we do. meat is scarce in the mountains and farming inefficient. Also we are short of wood by now." "Yees.. and i have located the place for your new future outpost. It lies to the south, in the outlying mountains. There, you will find enough trees, food and raw materials to start creating steel. By that you are most certainly coming in contact with the... consumables... so i want you to build a castle on top of the mountainpeak in north. in this castle, you shall build a temple for me to reside, if i decide to incarnate myself to you further. it will be great project, but so shall be the benefits of it..." Hrafn stood up, and looked into the fading flame. Moments after, he commenced a group of 7 giants to create the outpost south.

26 of them, he took into the mountains, in order to start building the temple to the Storm god.

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲Ç▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂.≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣S
♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂≡⌂⌂⌂...♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣.♣♣│....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2008, 07:30:00 am »

Yet another day was dawning on the small expedition Shraal commanded. For many months now, the loud thud of the ram had echoed through the mountains, occasionally stopping to move it, or to replace the tree that was used to crush the mountain.

Time. They had spent a lot of time in these mountains though they had only been able to mine out a few silver-covered pebbles. Nothing that could be used for tools or weapons. Though time was something they had a lot of, to begin with.

The real problem was to devise a methid to smelt the ore they were going to find. These were the thoughts on Shraal's mind. Clay pots would crack and burn before the little amounts of metal they were going to bring back could melt.

"My lord Shraal ?"

Shraal interrupted his thinking process and focused on his surroundings. The ram had stopped yet again. Since his presence was required it could mean only one thing. They had found a vein of a metal they do not know of.

Shraal slowly got up and purprosefully moved towards the ram. The young apprentice followed him closely, keeping silent for he knew there was nothing he could say to Shraal that would interest him.

Shraal went straight for the sparkling ore that had been revealed by the ram. He took a small sample, looked at it intently then tasted it. The taste was unmistakable. It was iron ore. They had found iron ore. And it seemed to be a rather sizeable vein.

With a simple motion of his hand he issued instructions. They would dig this vein until their bags were full. Then they would move back to the village. Shraal returned to the small cave that served as his lodgings and lost himself in his thoughts about smelting iron and silver.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Found new toys to play with, have you ?"

Shelesh's whispering voice had a cold edge to it. As usual he was speaking to no-one in particular.

"I guess I should congratulate you on that achievement. I will have a small gift ready for you when you return to your village. I know you will like it."

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2008, 07:41:00 am »

quote:
(goddamit, youre too fast!  )

No we are not. We are only 6 Hours ahead of you that means if its 8 AM in the US its 2 PM (GMT+1 for Germany) here where i (and i think akroma too) are. By the way thanks for announcing that the turn has changed.

Proud to be a Furry.

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2008, 08:03:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Heph:
<STRONG>

No we are not. We are only 6 Hours ahead of you that means if its 8 AM in the US its 2 PM (GMT+1 for Germany) here where i (and i think akroma too) are. By the way thanks for announcing that the turn has changed.</STRONG>

oh well, i apologize if i have acted too early but i thought that since everyone else seems to be posting their second turn, i posted too

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2008, 08:06:00 am »

Its the second turn since Jamini anounced it so you did nothing wrong.

Proud to be a Furry.

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2008, 08:28:00 am »

oh, ok. just thought you were being somehow sarcastic about something. my bad.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2008, 09:34:00 am »

((The turns change between 11:00PM and 2:00AM EST. I'll do my best to keep on top of keeping track of the turns. If I don't update by 2:00AM EST that means I've forgotten or was unable and somone else can feel free to step up and change the turn counter for me.

I considered protesting people making multiple migrant groups, but really that wouldn't make sense since said groups are pretty small (seven in each.). Just advance as fast as you feel is reasonable for your civ as a turn passes. After all, this is just for fun anyway.))

Vime grinned as his avatar dissapted into the night, it's deed done. The roughish god giving Fenneth a sly wink as he sat back and watched the others move thier tokens.

"Kara has her purpose on this map. Besides, I cannot say that encounter was not pleasurable to me as well." The foxlike god spared a glance over at Youh, "Besides, I wasn't telling her any false truths. I've watched Youh play before, and if these are the same units it's not unlikely they would welcome an ally over an enemy, especially one that has such a suplus of wood and fish."

Glancing back down at the board as the others each took their turn, Vime slowly counted out the spaces his units had yet to take under his breath. "One, two, three... four. Four each. Turn six will be an interesting one."

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 16, 2008, 09:38:00 am »

Wow this RP is AWESOME!  :(

Still, I'll watch this very closely.

There are so many amazing authors here.

Oh, and I like those foxes especially.

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 16, 2008, 09:51:00 am »

As Kanako reaches for some !!elves!! she sees Armoks eager look on his face.
"Why don't you join us ? Just learn from your mistakes and simply take a different set of tokens. How about dwarves ? I hear they are still faithful to you in some regions.

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 16, 2008, 10:48:00 am »

Xotes leans fowards in interest as something occurs by the migrant group...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The last of the makeshift huts had finally completed, a thought that Pringer OV welcomed with some relief, for it meant that his job was finally done. Now, he could get back to creating more pringers. Or, at least he could if they could find any metal deposits. One of the Pringers working on supports for one of the huts walked on up behind him. Before that pringer could get a word in, OV responded fairly quickly.

"So, how's things progressing?"

The pringer doesn't seem surprised in the slightest.

"Pretty good right now, boss. Just a couple more supports and we're golden. 'Course, we still need to find more metal, but for a little while we can put it off."

OV nods in satisfaction, before pointing towards the mountains, somewhat disinterested.

"Okay, good for you. Now get a pick and start hacking away at that hill, because I KNOW there's a deposit there. What it is remains to be seen, but I have a good feeling."

The pringer salutes OV, before going over to the equipment pile and grabbing a spare pick, before setting off towards his destination, whistling all the way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
X-2, after shaking off the awe that had come over him due to Pringer-X's appearance, and continues with the task that he had been given to him by his outpost. Due to his gigantic size, he sights the Drogar, and with a whistle of surprise postpones his main task to go and meet with the strange beings. He covered the ground quickly, due to famiarity with the terrain, but still was not fast enough to get to them before having to pause and work out some kinks in his
metalworking, gained by traveling so quickly.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲Ç▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂.≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣S
♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂≡⌂⌂⌂...♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣.♣♣│....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
..♣♣δ..♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣..♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑Ω☻P⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~

[ May 16, 2008: Message edited by: Xotes ]

Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2008, 10:51:00 am »

Or maybe some of this !!elves!! deserve a second chance. Where is my bottle of Met? Ahh ... there it is!

Proud to be a Furry.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 81