Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 81

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread  (Read 106435 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread
« Reply #495 on: May 30, 2008, 02:02:00 pm »

((Well, I did post something of it in my last RP post, maybe we could just go whit that?
But as long as we solve this I'm happy really.
Also, Abaut Iraninelenis (thats the scout if you lost track of that) personality and situation:

He is A classical elven diplomat, that same kind that comes to be mordered again and again and again at dwarven forts and still are just as demanding, hypocratic and arogant.
The is to the deepest core a hypocrite, official, coward, liar, and generally unpleasant in personality.
He is also seriously insane, so never assume much anything about him.
If you want an example of his personality type thing baron Dirtys wife in Nist Akath.
As have said now several times he has an iron backpack whit lots of gems and valuable metals (including gold, aluminium, and titanium), and crafts from them. He has also various official diplomatic documents on aluminium tablets.))

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: May 30, 2008, 02:18:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Armok:
<STRONG>((Well, I did post something of it in my last RP post, maybe we could just go whit that?
</STRONG>

Well theres the problem that in jaminis last post regarding cenna, she hears the death cry of your diplomat/scout/whatever. We could always play it by that it is actually a scream of fear, requiring only a small bit of editing from both of us but none from Jamini.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: May 30, 2008, 02:24:00 pm »

((OK, deal, when Iranineleni sees the giant not only does his eyes grow, he also lets out a girlish scream of utter horror!  :D ))
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: May 30, 2008, 02:28:00 pm »

((I was thinking maybe I could have Youh revive the elf someplace a ways away, the elf died but Youh, hearing that Armok liked that one [or something like that I haven't read back to see what I can work with yet] may have had plans for him and made him reappear nice and unharmed at his last camp site.  While still having died at the outpost.

I wanna make sure it sounds good with everyone before I do though.))

EDIT: That works, too.  Something is just funny about elves and girlish screams.

[ May 30, 2008: Message edited by: Greiger ]

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: May 30, 2008, 02:31:00 pm »

((I say we just restart the entire scene from the begining.
I'm reposting  :))

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iranineleni stood at the huge towering wooden gate in the palisade, these creatures must be huge and 2) be and evil to build such a thing, from wood…
He took a deep breath, mustered all his courage, and knocked hard on the door.
He then facepalmed as the gate caught on fire.
"Hello? Anybody there? Your door is on fire!" He shouted, oblivious to the fact there might be creatures the could not understand elven.

The giant guard was awoken from his slumer by some high piched yelling in a foreign language, he yawned, and leaned over the edge of the watchtower to se what was going on. He saw a few things.
For one thing, the gate was on fire, and burning briskly by now, and there was a creature there, jumping up and down and yelling whit his girlish voice at the flames.
The creature looked like an ordinary elf, except that the hair was on fire, and that it wore a kilt, pants, and a tunic made from red-hot iron, it also had a backpack made of iron.
Then the !!elf!! saw the guard and it eyes grew to the size of oranges (not literary, might be pointed out when talking about these kinds of magical creatures) and he let out a rather feminine scream of utter horror (that's what Cena heard), it soon drew out a plate made from some strange, silvery, and valuable-looking metal. It was full of strange writings and the !!elf!! began to read aloud from it whit shaking voice.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

((There is one notable caracteristic of his personality that I might mention:
He is a great coward and doesn't even know what altruism is. However, due to the well refined brainwashing techniques of elves and also his fundamentally detestable personality; once fear reach the snapping point it flips over and he literary becomes a soulless, emotionless government automation, from merely being basicaly so.))

[ May 30, 2008: Message edited by: Armok ]

Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: May 30, 2008, 02:53:00 pm »

"WHAT in the name of Grand god is that thing?!" After a second of dumly watching the flaming thing, the gatewatch finally came back to reality. "WATER! NOW! THE NORTHERN GATE'S ON FIRE!" He turned back to the thing, that was now trying to say something in some foreign language while reading some sort of plate. The immense heat generated from the creature forced gatewatch to back away from the palisade. Behind him several giants had come with large buckets of water. The gatewatch grabbed one bucket and clambered back up to the palisade, and prepared to throw the water onto the thing that was still screaming out the words in front of the flaming gate. "Hope this cools him off a bit" he muttered... (he hasnt yet thrown the water but will in sayy... 1 second.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: May 30, 2008, 03:02:00 pm »

((I might have been unspecific about the water vulnerability.
Basically, they freeze to death at below 200C, and have the heat capacity of an anvil, the rest is just basic thermodynamics.
so, it is not like the wicked witch of western ozz, he wont turn to an ice statue or melt, but it still wont be pleasant for him and will probably give him some pretty freeze-burns. It will also make a LOT of steam.
The thing that is dangerous is if they get submerged in more water than their heat can turn to steam.))

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The splash of water hit him in the face, the arms, and upper body, the pain was unbearable. There was a HUGE cloud of steam and he screamed without a pause to breath for three minutes before passing out. (For maybe 1-2 hours, that's what the giants have to work whit.)

Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: May 30, 2008, 03:05:00 pm »

(( This somehow reads like a comedy show))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: May 30, 2008, 03:22:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Akroma:
<STRONG>(( This somehow reads like a comedy show))</STRONG>

(( I told you his personality was to good to be wasted.  :)))

((Also, I am very glad we got this working smoothly without a fight.))

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Meanwhile, Armok looks down on the board and laughs heartily.

[ May 30, 2008: Message edited by: Armok ]

Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: May 30, 2008, 04:34:00 pm »

code:

♣♣│♣♣....⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
♣♣└≈≈─○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
.♣♣♣│⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
..⌂▲○▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
.⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂○┐..♣♣♣.⌂. ▲▲▲⌂⌂○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~⌂~~⌂⌂▲○▲ ▲▲⌂....└┐..♣♣♣#♣ ⌂⌂⌂♣♣│♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲^▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~⌂▲│▲ ▲▲♣♣♣...≈≈....♣♣ ♣...┌┘♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂⌂~~~⌂▲│▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣.≈≈≈≈..... ┌─┐.│...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂▲▲⌂~⌂⌂▲│▲ ▲▲⌂♣zZ=z≈≈└──┐.. │.└─≈≈─────○▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲┌┘▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣♣┌┘....└#─ ┘....≈...♣♣.⌂▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲┌┘▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣.│.....⌂↑↑ ........♣♣♣♣┌○▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂○⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲‼══╗ ▲⌂⌂♣♣..│...⌂⌂#~↑ .........♣♣♣│⌂▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○▲▲╚ ═‼⌂,,,,╪e.⌂⌂~║~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│♣⌂▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~╠↑# ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐♣⌂ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲♥▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂÷≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣§
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐⌂ ⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å▲▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├v─Θ≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣§
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂│♣ ♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂e..♣ ♣╔v╗♣♣.♣♣v....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..┌─┴─ ≡┐δ≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂Å..Åç♣♣ ╔╝≈╚╗♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈☻≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘..K~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○──┘.⌂♣ ♣└─≈≈⌂⌂....≡──── Θ≈≈≈v─v═Θ♣♣...≈≈ ≈≈≈»≈≈≈≈...P~~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..⌂⌂⌂ ♣♣≈≈δ────X─┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣..÷≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈...⌂£.~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂... .♣♣♣δ..♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈.↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~. .♣♣..♣.♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ »≈≈»ΩΩ⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~ .♣♣♣...ç.♣♣♣♣♣.. Φ♣♣♣♣⌂⌂t$»≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑≡▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~ .♣..R.♣....♣r..Φ Φ♣t..¥♥⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑t▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂~~~~~~~~~ .......≡........ .....⌂⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈»¥⌂▲♀..♀.▲⌂⌂~↑
⌂⌂~~≈≈≈≈≈↑↑⌂⌂~~~ ↑....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈»≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈R
~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲▲▲ ⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.¥.≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~~
≈≈≈↑↑≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂⌂ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂¥═¥≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~
≈≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈.↑≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲↑↑~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈.≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑⌂⌂▲♥⌂~~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂▲▲⌂~    

~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~

Aveceleba -

"all right, let's try something harder...let's summon a lesser fire spirit now." Dodek said into Kara's ear as she focused again, his clawed hand brushing a faint trail of dust that the wisp she had summoned left behind that had accumulated on the table from her last attempt. The vulpinan woman was progressing quickly in her studies, almost too quickly for the old summoner's tastes. In only a few short months she had become proficient in many of the basics of the craft, reaching a stage that most people took years of study and practice to master within a few short months. It was unsettling to the old summoner, to say the least.

However, Dodek did not let the progress of his best pupil deter him. Many of the other vulpinan's who had visited him to learn his magic had been turned away. Some lacked the temprament to properly bargin with the entities, other's the sheer magic power required, and more than one had been forcefully removed from attempting to take his belongings. While certainly not all of the vulpinan's were thieves, it seemed almost a running joke that an eight guild operated within the walls of the city, taking what it could from foreign visitors and merchants.

With reservations Dodek returned to the business at hand, watching as the vulpinan took two pieces of chalk in seperate handpaws and began scetching out symbols on the flat rock table that he had bought specifically for his craft. Even after nearly a year of interaction with the vulpinan woman, he still could not get over the dexterity of her people. Balancing on both of her right limbs, somehow she managed to lean over the low table and draw the protective symbols into it, the long lines of chalk going into the exact patterns of the barrier spell she had learned. It was a neccecity, at least when bargining with spirits of fire, to do so. When summoned the creatures were malevolent and violent, many of them would attempt to maim or kill their summoner, to either free themselves from their magic, or in an attempt to satisfy their violent natures. It was only with the barrier did any living creature have a chance at communing properly.

With a deep breath Karaman began to concentrate, her will pushing and pulling against reality. The actual act of summoning this spirit was not unlike that of summoning a whisp. Just the power was different, and the bait for the spirit had to be perfect.

Dodak felt a draw as she began the ritual, her voice muttering syllables of incantation as the magic swirled around her body tighter. Knotting up and rifting a bit of *this* against *that* as the fabric of reality began to shift slightly.

As the wind rushed past his face towards the rift, Dodek called out to Karaman "Good, now hold it steady and place your offering to the spirit. Just a small segment of your magic, enough to tempt it to listen to your bargin!"

Suddenly he felt a shift, a rumble almost of anger and digust that caused the floor of his house to shake. Kara's eyes flew open as the rift began to shudder and break apart, the palm of a flaming hand just visible through it. A great indecipherable voice boomed out, angry.

Suddenly the magic ceased, and Kara walked back from the table, shaken. "I'm sorry Dodek. I... don't know what happened."

The old summoner looked at her quizlically and shrugged as best as he could. "Perhaps... perhaps we were wrong to move ahead this quickly. Let's take a break shall we?"

Kara furiously skipped a smooth rock over the surface of the river as she left the walls of the town, watching as a large fish under the surface quickly gulped the stone down before it could stop moving, causing the stone to disappear in a flash of scales. Unheeding, she racked her mind as to why she had failed to summon the spirit.

Five attempts, each of them meeting with failure. No matter what she did the creatures on the other end refused her. Laughing, shouting, jeering... Not that Dodek could see that. Only her senses had told her that her offer, one made exactly as the summoner suggested, was being ignored.

The chant, the protective spells, the preparation, the implementation, everything down to the very attire of an apprentice summoner. She had even taken to carrying a focusing stone like his, although she doubted it did anything good. So why... why, WHY, did it fail? Frustrated she leaned against a nearby tree. An ancient oak, untouched by her bretheren because of it's placement near the river. Removing it would have caused the topsoil to losen, potentially damaging the river. Letting herself slip halfway into a magical trance to cool her emotions, she thought once more to herself 'Why?'

'It's because you are not like them'

Kara catapulted from her resting position, nearly falling into the river before regaining her balance as a voice, gentle and calm touched her mind. Feverishly she looked around for the speaker, trying not to shiver as she thought about how  something could talk in her mind.

'I am right here.' This time Kara was aware, actually understanding the voice and locating the thought. Her eyes widening in suprise, she reached forward to touch the old oak she had rested on. 'You... you can talk?'

With little emotion the tree replied, it's great voice melodic in her mind as she sank deeper into her trace. 'Yes, We trees always have listened and always have thought of your kind. Now that you have finally begun to tap into your magic my voice has been awakened to you.'

Kara shook her head, disbelivingly. This wasn't real, there was no way...'Dodek never told me anything like this. Am I dreaming? Did I fall asleep at your roots and am I now imagining your voice'

'All of reality is a dream. All of your dreams are a potential reality.'

Kara shook, pinching the skin of a backpaw. Pain, she wasn't dreaming...'Wait what was that?'

The tree almost seemed to chuckle, it's intractable voice sprinkled with faint mirth, 'Pay that no heed. The explaination to why Dodek did not know is simple. His people are those of fire, living across the vast desert. They do not belong in the forest, and never before has one of their summoners come to see us.'

'How... how would you know that?'

'We trees have long memories and loud voices, at least to each other. My people remember the wars waged between his people and men. How they both cut us down mercilessly in order to spill the sap that runs in their viens. If your master, this Dodek, were to come to me I would not speak with him.'

'All right... but that does not explain why I cannot summon a fire spirit.'

'His people are of fire and air, all emotion and heat. Like the scorching deserts they claim as their home they are quick to come to an opinion and even quicker to act upon it. While your people share with them that fluid freedom that is the sky, you lack the internal fire they contain to call upon the same spirits. You, Karaman Amanela, are of water. There is little more Dodek can teach you that you cannot learn yourself.'

'But... how can I start? How should I start? He was my guide, my teacher. I hardly know where to begin without some form of guidence'

'Trust in yourself Kara, and remember: trust in the whisps.'

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: May 30, 2008, 05:36:00 pm »

Riet considered himself lucky.  There was no more signs of a dust cloud in the east.  It looked like he had lost the giants.  Now, he would try to catch up with Silis, and finally get back to his people.  What had it been, several years?  Far too long in any case.  It was time for a little peace, and rest.  Thinking about his empty wineskin, he added to his wish list drink, lots of drink.  He wondered if the spring was still intact.  Eh, he'd find out later.  For now, he had to catch up with Silis.

Wolk looked quietly at all the empty space that had been occupied such a short time ago.  Blijzon had lost nearly half its inhabitants to the army marching off to rescue Riet.  Now, while not quiet a ghost town, it was certainly more quiet.  Wolk had gotten somewhat used to the noise, and now it was gone.  The real question was, what to do if the army came back?  While there had been plenty of food during Blijzon's brief tenure as a city, it would have been better if there was more space to live in.

This gave Wolk a good idea.  If some of the population of Blijzon was sent to make another outlying hamlet, they could easily import all the food needed from the surrounding plains.  Then, they could expand more in the area around Blijzon, without worrying about running out of arable land.  It would make the village even more quiet, but perhaps it was worth it.  After all, they had to be ready for anything, including the return of the army.

The army had finally reached the old location of Westengebied.  Snel noticed the obvious signs that something had been here besides Ipetians.  The tracks, or what was left of them, were huge.  They seemed to have come in from the north, then moved off to the west.  If he remembered correctly, that was where Riet had  last been seen.  Everyone was tired though, and some of the nests were still intact.  Snel suggested to the other officers that they rest there for the night.  In the morning they would move off west and try to find Riet, or what was left of him.

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○▲▲╚ ═‼⌂,,,,╪e.⌂⌂~║~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~ .♣♣♣..ç..♣♣♣♣♣.. Φ♣♣♣♣⌂⌂t$»≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑≡▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~ .♣....♣...r♣♣..Φ Φ♣t..¥♥⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑t▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂~~~~~~~~~ ......R.≡....... Φ....⌂⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈»¥⌂▲♀..♀.▲⌂⌂~↑
⌂⌂~~≈≈≈≈≈↑↑⌂⌂~~~ ↑....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈»≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈

((So Riet moves southeast, then east, Silis continues east, and the army moves west.  A migrant group goes out of Blijzon straight south and founds Klaarweide, Ready Plains.  This migrant group was hamlet sized, and so Blijzon is demoted to a village, though Klaarweide starts out as a hamlet.))

All generalizations are false....including this one.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: May 30, 2008, 05:44:00 pm »

((Awesome, You got it perfectly, and I told you little to nothing about the summoning stuff. Indeed different races have different affinities.  

Dodek would probably start to notice that Kara can't use the fire ones, and may begin to try other ones instead if Karamara still tries to learn from him.  But he cannot help with anything to do directly with forests or pure water as the tree said.  He's a bit weak in the earth field as well.))

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: May 30, 2008, 06:08:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Greiger:
<STRONG>((Awesome, You got it perfectly, and I told you little to nothing about the summoning stuff. Indeed different races have different affinities.  

Dodek would probably start to notice that Kara can't use the fire ones, and may begin to try other ones instead if Karamara still tries to learn from him.  But he cannot help with anything to do directly with forests or pure water as the tree said.  He's a bit weak in the earth field as well.))</STRONG>

((Honestly, I don't think she'll learn a lot more from him. In a little while I'm going to write a bit concerning Larika and Kara's move for this turn. Let's just say thing will get interesting. ^^))

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: May 30, 2008, 06:34:00 pm »

((Vulpinians talking to trees? AWESOMENESS!
The !!elves!! are at some point gonna be sooooo jealous.  :p

I realized that despite having posted a lot in the thread I haven't actually done my turn, so it might be a bit little of it. I will at some point do some more general stuff over all these turns half-missed.))

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○▲▲╚ ═‼⌂,,,,╪,e⌂⌂~║~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~ .♣♣♣..ç..♣♣♣♣♣.. Φ♣♣♣♣⌂⌂t$»≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑≡▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~ .♣....♣...r♣♣..Φ Φ♣t..¥♥⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑t▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂~~~~~~~~~ ......R.≡....... Φ....⌂⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈»¥⌂▲♀..♀.▲⌂⌂~↑
⌂⌂~~≈≈≈≈≈↑↑⌂⌂~~~ ↑....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈»≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈

Efil-inira: 49 !!elves!! (degraded to hamlet) (-1 since last turn)
Ariquemera: 27 !!elves!! (hamlet) (+8 since last turn)
In armies/expeditions: 2 !!elves!!
Other: 19 working/travelling between Ariquemera and Efil-inira.
Total: 100 !!elves!!

((Fothacema continues east.
Iranineleni "negotiates", currently unconscious due to pain.
Efil-inira has far since stagnated under the weight of red tape.
Lots of various building and science done in Ariquemera:
There is quite a bit of science and development going on, mostly by Ilecaaye.
The great tower is constructed to about 40m so far, the inside stairs whit supports is reaching a bit higher however, maybe to 60m.))

List of important people:
Acathiima, hero and leader of Efil-inira: Legendary organizer, skilled bow!!elf!! (doing paperwork and ruling from The Seat of Authority, in Efil-inira.)
Ilecaaye, ground-breaking geologist: grand-master miner, grand legendary geologist, talented metalworker, master chemist, skilled mechanic, master mathematician. (making science in Ariquemera.)
Fothacema, scout/diplomat: professional scout, skilled ranger, talented diplomat (travelling east from Efil-inira)
Iranineleni, lawyer: professional lawyer, professional diplomat, skilled organizer, novice politician, dabbling jackass, dabbling scout. (“talking” whit the giants)

Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: May 30, 2008, 10:09:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Akroma:
<STRONG>(( This somehow reads like a comedy show))</STRONG>

Anything that involves elves, exclamation marks, nuclear power, and elves screaming will usually read like a comedy show.

Even the avatars expire eventually.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 81