Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 81

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread  (Read 106428 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread
« Reply #450 on: May 29, 2008, 12:29:00 pm »

((Has Iranineleni a chance of meating Cena or not?
I would suggest time simply being twisted and that Iranineleni arrived as Cena had just entered the temple, a bit unrealistic but lots simpler and more practical.))
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: May 29, 2008, 12:30:00 pm »

((won't that depend on how the giants react on an elf that is on FUCKING FIRE ?))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: May 29, 2008, 12:41:00 pm »

((I was thinking we probably could skip over a bit of it, Kara will continue to try and get information out of Larika and show her around the town. It's up to you how much she actually divulges. On a whole, nothing earth-shattering is going to happen in Aveceleba for the rest of the turn.

Another time, in another place witout a time limit it would be a different matter. However backlog can create a bit of a problem here.

Armok, Cenna arrived at the fort two turns ago when Niph was not here to reply. we are trying to catch up on what happened. Personally, I'm expecting something terrible that will cause her a 'delay', but that is not my decision since the giants are not my race.))

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: May 29, 2008, 12:47:00 pm »

((yes, that's the problem, if we knew she would leave the giants long before my !!elf!! got there the problem would be non-existent.))
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: May 29, 2008, 01:02:00 pm »

"Ok boys, remember if things start going badly leave the gear and head back."  

The masons had begun working on the road again, though they were down a few that didn't want to meddle in the affairs of other cultures, there were still enough workers to get the job done.

As expected, it took some time for them to notice a response.

Añutamun had rehearsed the conversation a hundred times in his head, but was nervous and fumbled the papers he had prepared to look like official documents.  They were really just progress logs from a few weeks ago, but they were written in draconic which he assumed the dictator wouldn't know how to read.  He also had the scroll that he received the other night, though he was afraid to open it worried that he would break a seal or something and render his trump card worthless.

He moved out of the workcamp to greet the dictator flanked by two of the workers, figuring that he would be less likely to start something if they could worry him a little bit.  The dictator would probably be armed but the dracon were larger and would look dangerous even without weapons.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

((Looks like my last turn didn't make it on the map again.  Guess it works out though as the road was never finished.
Silvak moved north one space last turn and spent this turn building a well-defended-from-non-existent-wildlife outpost with the constructor group[Named Lesnorongquan - Forestslayer], and there was another migrant group on the ocean border of the desert that moved east last turn and built another outpost this turn [Named Letotar - Boatland]))

code:
 ♣♣│♣♣....⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
♣♣└≈≈─○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
.♣♣♣│⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
..⌂▲○▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
.⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂○┐..♣♣♣.⌂. ▲▲▲⌂⌂○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~⌂~~⌂⌂▲○▲ ▲▲⌂....└┐..♣♣♣#♣ ⌂⌂⌂♣♣│♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲^▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~⌂▲│▲ ▲▲♣♣♣...≈≈....♣♣ ♣...┌┘♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂⌂~~~⌂▲│▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣.≈≈≈≈..... ┌─┐.│...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂▲▲⌂~⌂⌂▲│▲ ▲▲⌂♣Z♣÷z≈≈└──┐.. │.└─≈≈─────○▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲┌┘▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣♣┌┘....└#─ ┘....≈...♣♣.⌂▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲┌┘▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣.│.....⌂↑↑ ........♣♣♣♣┌○▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂○⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲‼══╗ ▲⌂⌂♣♣..│...⌂⌂#~↑ .........♣♣♣│⌂▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○▲▲╚ ═‼⌂,,,,╪e.⌂⌂~║~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│♣⌂▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~╠↑# ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐♣⌂ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲♥▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂÷≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣§
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐⌂ ⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å▲▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├v─Θ≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣§
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂│♣ ♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂e..♣ ♣╔v╗♣♣.♣♣v....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..┌─┴─ ─┐δ≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂Å..Åç♣♣ ╔╝≈╚╗♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈☻≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘..K~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○──┘.⌂♣ ♣└≡≈≈⌂⌂....┌─≡── Θ≈≈≈v─v═Θ♣♣...≈≈ ≈≈≈»≈≈≈≈...P~~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..⌂⌂⌂ ♣♣≈≈δ─────X┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣..÷≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈...⌂£.~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂... .♣♣♣δ..♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈.↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~. .♣♣..♣.♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ »≈≈»ΩΩ⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~ .♣♣♣..Rç.♣♣♣♣♣.. Φ♣♣♣♣⌂⌂t$»≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑≡▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~ .♣....♣....♣♣.rΦ Φ♣♣t.¥♥⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂~~~~~~~~~ ......≡......... .....⌂⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈»¥⌂▲♀..♀.▲⌂⌂~↑
⌂⌂~~≈≈≈≈≈↑↑⌂⌂~~~ ↑....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈
~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲▲▲ ⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.¥.»≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~~
≈≈≈↑↑≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂⌂ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂¥═¥≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~
≈≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈.↑≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲↑↑~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈.≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑⌂⌂▲♥⌂~~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂▲▲⌂~  

EDIT:Spellcheck

[ May 29, 2008: Message edited by: Greiger ]

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: May 29, 2008, 01:16:00 pm »

(Note that it is still an outpost, theres some 8-9 giants living there, some working feverishly to make the place more defendable.)

OOC: Post edited due to some inconsistencies in time and space and also the way things were handled. READ downwards to get some figure of it. Switch to page 20 to find out what REALLY happened. And now, the commercials.

[ May 30, 2008: Message edited by: Nhiphanter ]

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: May 29, 2008, 01:56:00 pm »

((Jamini: Sounds reasonable. Although there's not really anything else of consequence she can reveal (Various reasons, but mostly because she just dosen't know.)))
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: May 29, 2008, 02:28:00 pm »

((Nhiphanter, have you even read any of my posts?
You got just about everything and a little more wrong about the situation, the character, and !!elves!! in general.
Also, you cant just kill of a char like that whit some magical super-unit (unless has some disadvantage, like being slow, but not something you basically got for free and that can teleport anywhere instantly), or even if you can it's not fair play.

First thing, Iranineleni is NOT good, and not caring. Hes a lawyer, a noble, a liar, a coward, and a hypocrite. The reason he is angry about the trees is part deep elven instinct, and part all the codes of conduct he has stuffed his head whit.

I might post some more info on the !!elves!! later, otherwise my original description is on page 8. (and very bad because the idea had not formed properly)
What should also interest the giants is that his backpack is filled whit gold, gems, and other treasure.

Also, if you don't want the vulpinian meting disturbed just do as some suggestion and place it in a separate time line.))
((Also, the current situation is: he is standing outside a gate in the palisade, wich ison fire, and shouting in elven.))

[ May 29, 2008: Message edited by: Armok ]

Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: May 29, 2008, 02:47:00 pm »

((I, for one, approve of the death of the !!elf!!. However, I do not approve of the magical superunit just teleporting in and killing it with a mere touch. It's the same as with Vimes son. I do not approve of superunits. Don't make me go and rip out eyes again))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: May 29, 2008, 02:58:00 pm »

((Exactly.

Thou I consider Iten a spetial case, because he was created over a long period of time and will take ages to grow up, but more importnantly it was many gods that helped whit him, and singel one of those gifts wouldnt make him a superunit.

Speaking of that, I realized a while ago I might need to spesify how the skill works, but I forgot.
First, how it looks; the skin is made of silver and the fur is unafected, so it is mostly visible on the nuzzle and paws were there is litle fur.
and more importnatly what it protects from:
it is really three similar effects, one that makes it impossible to break or penetrate (protects against cutting and piercing weapons, as well as tearing damage and that sort of thing), one that stops heat/cold/radioactivity/substances from getting thought (the heat cold part is the most no6table, means he will never freeze or burn himself, if for example an !!elf!! grabs him the fur will be burnt away but he will be completely unharmed), and one that stops kinetic effects and deforming (Arguably the most magical one, it protects both from blunt weapons such as hammers and also from falling damage).
Edit:
He is also protected from most direct magic.

Also I may add a few things that CAN kill him:
Anything that he eats or drinks, or even a weapon thrust up his mouth.
(His own dagger? Suicide?)
Drowning/suffocation.
Starvation/dehydration.
Some ridiculously powerful stuff, like a direct hit by a nuke.

Edit2: ANOTHER point for Iten is that Jamini is the GM.
In short nobody else should be allowed to have such a good char.))

Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: May 29, 2008, 04:33:00 pm »

((I'm not bothered too much by the wraith, if I read it correctly it isn't capable of going very far from the outpost.  Though I think the ‼Elf‼ should have had some  opportunity to defend itself.  

I have a few units that could be considered super. The bird, despite being temporary and I have no plans to reuse it is obviously super, some of the summoner's lesser monsters could be considered stronger than the average unit too.  As long as a summoner doesn't overextend himself they could be quite hard to kill.))

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: May 29, 2008, 04:50:00 pm »

((Since NOBODY seems to have read my post I’ll make it again, better. Sometimes I wonder if anyone reads any of my posts.

I still think it SHOULD be cannon whit the supertech humans, but there should be no effect other than historical references, because it is far away and long ago.
Also, I noticed due to lucky chance there is a possibility the !!elves!! and the vulpinians will meat early in this giant fort. [<-Direct question]))
((The summoned units are not permanent, and also not strictly yours. Also from the description of how they drain the summoners power they seem rather balanced, at least compared to that wraith.))

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

code:

♣♣│♣♣....⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
♣♣└≈≈─○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
.♣♣♣│⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
..⌂▲○▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
.⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂○┐..♣♣♣.⌂. ▲▲▲⌂⌂○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~⌂~~⌂⌂▲○▲ ▲▲⌂....└┐..♣♣♣#♣ ⌂⌂⌂♣♣│♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲^▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~⌂▲│▲ ▲▲♣♣♣...≈≈....♣♣ ♣...┌┘♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂⌂~~~⌂▲│▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣.≈≈≈≈..... ┌─┐.│...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂▲▲⌂~⌂⌂▲│▲ ▲▲⌂♣Z♣÷z≈≈└──┐.. │.└─≈≈─────○▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲┌┘▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣♣┌┘....└#─ ┘....≈...♣♣.⌂▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲┌┘▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣.│.....⌂↑↑ ........♣♣♣♣┌○▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂○⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲‼══╗ ▲⌂⌂♣♣..│...⌂⌂#~↑ .........♣♣♣│⌂▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○▲▲╚ ═‼⌂,,,,╪e.⌂⌂~║~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│♣⌂▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~╠↑# ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐♣⌂ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲♥▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂÷≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣§
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐⌂ ⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å▲▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├v─Θ≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣§
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂│♣ ♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂e..♣ ♣╔v╗♣♣.♣♣v....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..┌─┴─ ─┐δ≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂Å..Åç♣♣ ╔╝≈╚╗♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈☻≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘..K~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○──┘.⌂♣ ♣└≡≈≈⌂⌂....┌─≡── Θ≈≈≈v─v═Θ♣♣...≈≈ ≈≈≈»≈≈≈≈...P~~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..⌂⌂⌂ ♣♣≈≈δ─────X┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣..÷≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈...⌂£.~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂... .♣♣♣δ..♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈.↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~. .♣♣..♣.♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ »≈≈»ΩΩ⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~ .♣♣♣..Rç.♣♣♣♣♣.. Φ♣♣♣♣⌂⌂t$»≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑≡▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~ .♣....♣....♣♣.rΦ Φ♣♣t.¥♥⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂~~~~~~~~~ ......≡......... .....⌂⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈»¥⌂▲♀..♀.▲⌂⌂~↑
⌂⌂~~≈≈≈≈≈↑↑⌂⌂~~~ ↑....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈
~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲▲▲ ⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.¥.»≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~~
≈≈≈↑↑≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂⌂ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂¥═¥≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~
≈≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈.↑≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲↑↑~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈.≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑⌂⌂▲♥⌂~~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂▲▲⌂~  

Efil-inira: 55 !!elves!! (Village) (-1 since last turn)
Ariquemera: 17 !!elves!! (Outpost) (+8 since last turn)
In armies/expeditions: 2 !!elves!!
Other: 14 working/travelling between Ariquemera and Efil-inira.
Total: 91 !!elves!!

((Fothacema continues east.
Iranineleni arrives at the giant settlement and begin "negotiations".
Efil-inira has far since stagnated under the weight of red tape.
Lots of various building and science done in Ariquemera:
Animals was captured and trained, and more mining was of coarse done, also work on general infrastructure and housing.
There is quite a bit of science and development going on, mostly by Ilecaaye.
The great tower is constructed to about 25m so far, the inside stairs whit supports is reaching a bit higher however, maybe to 45m.
One notable random piece of example infrastructure is the recreational magma baths.))

List of important people:
Acathiima, hero and leader of Efil-inira: Legendary organizer, skilled bow!!elf!!
Ilecaaye, ground-breaking geologist: grand-master miner, grand legendary geologist, talented metalworker, master chemist, skilled mechanic, master mathematician.
Fothacema, scout/diplomat: professional scout, skilled ranger, talented diplomat
Iranineleni, lawyer: professional lawyer, professional diplomat, skilled organizer, novice politician, dabbling jackass, dabbling scout.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A fog seems to disappear from Armoks eyes, or maybe just some strange refraction.
"Woah, that extinction vodka was good stuff; It made me confuse my little !!elves!! whit bloody humans even!
What did you put in it?"
Armok looks at the board.
“Wasn’t that unnecessarily mean Feneth? ”

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iranineleni stood at the huge towering wooden gate in the palisade, these creatures must be huge and 2) be and evil to build such a thing, from wood…
He took a deep breath, mustered all his courage, and knocked hard on the door.
He then facepalmed as the gate caught on fire.
"Hello? Anybody there? Your door is on fire!" He shouted, oblivious to the fact there might be creatures the could not understand elven.

The giant guard was awoken from his slumer by some high piched yelling in a foreign language, he yawned, and leaned over the edge of the watchtower to se what was going on. He saw a few things.
For one thing, the gate was on fire, and burning briskly by now, and there was a creature there, jumping up and down and yelling whit his girlish voice at the flames.
The creature looked like an ordinary elf, except that the hair was on fire, and that it wore a kilt, pants, and a tunic made from red-hot iron, it also had a backpack made of iron.
Then the !!elf!! saw the guard and it eyes grew to the size of oranges (not literary, might be pointed out when talking about these kinds of magical creatures), it soon drew out a plate made from some strange, silvery, and valuable-looking metal. It was full of strange writings and the !!elf!! began to read aloud from it whit shaking voice.

((Sorry to force your hand Nhiphanter, I consider it ok to RP a mean god but I won’t allow you to play unfair outside the RP.))

List of notable breakthroughs in science by Ilecaaye this turn:

The wheel. (both for vehicles and for obsidian/green glass “pottery”.=
The simple machines and the gearwheel.
Low friction alloys. (that is, near 0 friction, better than current day unoiled stuff can do. This is based on some creature extract presumably)
Lenses and mirrors, and basic optics. (There is plenty of both diamonds and silver around)
Various mathematics.
A few mental techniques for resisting the effects of gods, and some beginnings that might lead to affecting the board?
Biochemistry and anatomy of the volcano creatures.
Flexible metallurgy and use of the creature extracts, meaning the properties of the material can be almost anything he wants. (except of coarse ridiculously good and strong and so, nothing overpowered.)
Various mechanical devices.
VERY primitive, ineffective, and useless steam engines, kinda.
That there are some strange “teleforce” in magnetite.

((What is the giant in a fantasy universe going to assume when a strange obviously magical creature that came alone and apparently unarmed to an unknown fort begins to read ritual-like from a strange scroll in what might by some be interpreted as a combat situation were that might be strange?))

Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: May 29, 2008, 05:40:00 pm »

((The wraith required the death of one of Niphantier's most powerful units on the field armok. Although it was not his champion, he made it pretty blatantly clear that the high priest had a lot of power before Ukko had him commit suicide and tore his soul out of it's afterlife to serve as a messenger for his hero. As it is, the creature has a very limited range and seems to act mostly by instinct and command rather than by cool intellect.

It's power does seem notably balanced against what Storm Giants lost (an affluent and EFFECTIVE leader), especially considering that it's hate for it's own people works against his motive ultimatly. If given half a chance it is very likely to betray it's previous species if it can recive it's revenge.

However, that isn't to say that it can instantly destroy your elf. Ukko is not an ice god after all. The wraith has obviously chosen to ignore my unit in favor of attacking your elf (It is likely that it precives the warm aura as a threaght against itself, being incorporeal.) Currently your elf is being subjected to freezing temperatures, act accordingly.

As for Iten. *I* would prefer if that gift be toned down. Personally, I hate superunits. And Iten is (was) anything but. The original post claimed his skin was unable to be broken or cut. Until now no other indication of the other protections was mentioned. I much prefer Iten being able to be killed by violent means than to have him virtually immortal. His mother is the hero for a reason, not him. Being mostly invunerable to knives, swords, and spears is a huge boon already, after all. And Armok is only one god out of many in this game now.))

[ May 29, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: May 29, 2008, 06:05:00 pm »

Kireal snarled as he watched the Dracons on the horizen. Their road halfway to the city now as they worked steadily. Weren't they leaving? The overseer had claimed he was leaving, such a duplicious race. If he hadn't had the mind to shoot them where they worked he would have liked to have one of them on his council. Gods knew he needed it. Still, this troublesome bother could not be permitted. Why, allowing reliance on foreign trade would be unthinkable. Vulpinan's traded with vulpinans. There was no need for anything more because they made things the best.

Quickly he strode down the path connected the work site to the road, a brilliant emerald cape billowing out behind him as his bodyguard fanned out along either flank. On the side of the road two dozen vulpinan workers, many absent from their duties, had turned up to watch the strange Dracons. If he was safe anywhere, it was here.

However, even amoungst the sea of protection he felt vunerable as he walked up. Rumors had been creeping into the palace that a rebellion was being plotted. The very idea was atrocious, but if it held any weight then Kireal could not afford to lose face. Any swing in popularity away from him could lead to a bloody civil war within the city, or even a coup. The foppish lord cringed inwardly as he thought of his body on a pike, being paraded along the streets as the others shouted his name with disdain. While foriegn merchants put honest vulpinan's out of business. The very idea of it... was a terrible thought.

It was in those few moments between when he first noticed the other vulpinans, watching on with so much excitement and care, and when the overseer turned and sneered at him in the way only a lizard could, the beastly creature standing tall compared to the vulpinan that Kireal came up with a plan.

His expression changed within a second, the mask of anger and frustration replaced by a winning smile and a cheery voice. The lord quite suddenly looked five years younger as he saluted the overseer with a brief wave. "Overseer! How does your project go? How long will it be before your road to our gracious city by the ocean will be completed?"

~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~

Cenna shivered as a scream of pain echoed throughout the temple, the noise faint and distant, as if in a long-distant dungeon. Around her the shadows deepened, as she paced through the narrow halls of the building. Fear and confusion began to finally take control of her feet causing the appendeges to twitch. A second of hesitation passed her face as her fear burbled up above her projected demeanor. That giant... even he, as powerful as he wash, was afraid of what was in here. The realization dawning on her, the woodworker turned about to race for the door, her handpaws slipping on the smooth stone as she raced for the distant sliver of sunlight that drifted though the temple doors. So far...
~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~

((I must apologize Greiger, I tend to use the most recently posted map when putting up updates rather than parsing all of the posts. I am correcting that now since the first post is quite far behind the rest of us in turns.))

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: May 29, 2008, 06:05:00 pm »

((???
Iten was the combined effrt of something like 4 gods, and is therefor alowed to be a bit super I think.
Also the skin can be easily defeated whit tactics one it is know, just let one big or a few smaller units hold him and ether put a spear down his throat or hold him underwater till he drowns. He can also be assassinated whit poison.

I don't really have much against an instant freezing attack by one single creature if it is stated long before it is used, the thing that brothers me is the speed and the fact that there were no warning, and also that it just sensed the aura of the !!elf!!.
A superattack is ok considering the sacrifice, OR an instant messenger whit no baility of physical interaction, but NOT an instant teleporting superattack))

Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 81