Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 81

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread  (Read 103875 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2008, 01:55:00 pm »

I still think that a bigger map would have more flavour to it. Simply because of what I already mentioned. Nations. Empires. Not small strips of land.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2008, 02:30:00 pm »

On the next week in a warm night Leam dreamed of the plains in the South. He was standing on the edge of an Field with Wheat that was almost as high as he was. In some distance he saw Horses grassing.

"This schould be your first service to me." said the image of Issha that come to existence from thin air. "Here in the plains your peasants have to produce Food for your civilation"
"But which of my People do i have to chose my Lord?"
"No one."
"No one But how do i...."
"Im sending you another one of my tribes for instance. Give them Food and give them Wood so they can build irumathra"

-------------------------------------------
- Around the Table -

Issha reapeared between the other Gods.

"Its done my friends. Leam is a Good priest and i think he does his work well. What do you think?"

-------------------------------------------
ooc:

I am sending my Emigrant from Karatomca direct one tile south to etablish irumathra for farming. This means that i have two outpost rather then 1 Hamlet.
The Roshani of irumathra produce only Food. Most of this Food goes directly to Karatomca.

[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2008, 02:36:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Akroma:
<STRONG>I still think that a bigger map would have more flavour to it. Simply because of what I already mentioned. Nations. Empires. Not small strips of land.</STRONG>

We can expand the board size as we need too. In fact, I see us expanding to another section soon. However, right now nobody is near to the edge of the current board and everyone has a good amount of room to grow.

Besides, by todays standars many historical "Empires" were simply small strips of populated land.

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2008, 04:56:00 pm »

Xotes tosses aside the beer he was drinking and rummages through his pocket, before pulling out a giant metal penguin and several smaller versions of the first one.

"Well, I guess I'll join on in after all."

Name: Xotes,  God of Robo-Penguins.
Spheres: Order, Technology, Penguins. Robots.
Race: Pringers.
Civ: The Flippers of Authority.
Preferred site: Mountains. Hills.
Hero symbol: P
Army Symbol: p
Civ symbol: Æ

The Pringers are a strange race, due not only to the fact that they are basically robotic penguins, but talk, manufacture weaponry and generally behave as if they were a regular sentient species. The pringers depend heavily on their technology to survive, due to the fact that they cannot reproduce by normal means. Instead, they build more of themselves. Therefore, they grow extremely slowly, unless they come across deposits of metal, which they quickly use to build more Pringers and weaponry. Due to being robotic, they do not need food and are naturally hard workers. The average Pringer stands at around three feet, while on occasion, due to manufacturing errors, a Pringer will be made to stand at around six feet. Being exceptionally rare, these giant Pringers are quickly hailed as heroes of the species, and are sent adventuring.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pringer A slowly climbs up over the hills, cursing his flappy little arms several times in the process. Finally arriving at the top of the hill, he turns back to watch the mob that was the migrant group of pringers, all of them quickly running about, tearing down the occasional tree and digging into the mountains for more metallic supplies. Pringer A sighs in exasperation, despite being physically impossible, and smacks his head with a flipper, also physically impossible.

"Okay... They'll sort themselves out, eventually. I hope. For now, I must go and find something to kill. Maybe. Ah, who am I kidding? TO WAR... and stuff like that."

code:
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲⌂⌂. ♣♣♣....└─┐....≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣⌂
⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å▲▲▲⌂..♣ ♣♣♣♣.....├V──≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈S§
♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂Ç⌂⌂⌂..♣♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣.♣♣│....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
♣.⌂≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂...♣♣♣ ♣♣≈♣♣♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈♣≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘...~
♣♣≈≈≈⌂⌂....┌──── ─≈≈≈──┐♣Θ♣♣...≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈....~~~~
..≈≈δX─────┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣...≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈..↑↑⌂⌂.~~~
..♣♣...♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑↑↑Pp▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣..♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑↑⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣♣.....♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣♣♣....≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑⌂▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
.♣....♣.R..Φ♣... ♣♣♣....≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
................ .....≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲....K▲⌂⌂~↑
.....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈↑T↑≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~↑
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂¥⌂↑≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲↑↑~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑⌂⌂▲▲~~~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂▲▲⌂~

(Yes, I made a race of sentient robot penguins.)

[ May 15, 2008: Message edited by: Xotes ]

Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2008, 05:04:00 pm »

Heh, the Battle of the Gods begins anew!

God: Tzen
Spheres: War, Mountains, Courage
Race: Drogar
Settlement symbol: Ω
Hero Symbol: ☻

The Drogar are, essentially, dwarves. Stout and strong, they are a hardy race. They carve their homes into the rocky hills and live in relative comfort there. They can - and will - move into more open areas, as long as stone can be acquired with relative ease. They are not completely subterranean, as can be seen by the various houses and guard towers  on the surface of their chosen hills. They are relatively quick to anger, and will go to war quickly if the need arises. As such, they are steadfast worshipers of Tzen, whom they believe grants prowess in open battle. They are led by the immortal Kavar, a male Drogar sent from Tzen's domain.

Tzen joins the game and slams two dark stone figures on the board, shaking the mighty table slightly.
"And so it begins!" He says jovially before taking a swig from his mug.

code:

..♣♣...♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑↑↑↑⌂▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣..♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑Ω☻⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~

Kavar stood with his two fellow axemen, looking with stone silence as the various Drogar carried stone blocks to the building site of the new outpost tower. Humble beginings, as only around twenty of the stout beings had agreed to unite under him. The rest... well... he and his axe had dealt with that. Only his followers would be of use to Tzen.
"Uh... milord?" That was one of his warriors, Degom. He was a real brute, and certainly not very bright. He could swing his axe as strong as any mortal, however, so he suited Kavar's needs well enough.
"Yes, Degom? I remind you that we just ate..." the immortal responded.
"No, it's not that. I mean, now that we have this little home of ours... well... what do we call it, eh?"
Kavar, smiled, and turned to his other warrior, Kev.
"He asks a good question, eh Kev?" Kev was fast and clever, and damned fast with a shortsword. Kavar favored him, certainly, and knew he was truly invaluable to his plans.
"Why, yes he does milord. Have you any ideas?"
Kavar turned his sights back to the construction site and grinned.
"Berseg." he said. "Yes, Might of the Mountains, that will do...'

code:

Current Sites:
Avecebela - Woodabby : Eastern edge of central forest    : Vulpinan  : Hamlet
Shushaw   - ???????? : North-Eastern Forest              : Thelashin : Hamlet
<Unamed>  - <Unamed> : Junction of east of western lake  : Roshanian : Outpost
<Unamed>  - <Unamed> : Southern edge of central forest   : Ipetian   : Hamlet
Kinsebs£r - Oakvale  : Eastern Mountain-Valley           : Koneko    : Hamlet
Hrafngard - ???????  : Northern Moutains                 : Giant     : Hamlet
Mayohiga  - ???????  : Southern moutain range            : Tengu     : Hamlet
Berseg    - Might of the Mountains : SE Mountains        : Drogar    : Outpost

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2008, 05:06:00 pm »

Youh jumps suddenly as a little ringing noise starts up from his robes.  After a moment of searching he pulls out a cell phone.
"Y'ellow." ... "Spiffy, you will?" ... "Good." ... "Yes, yes. Same agreement as last time?" ... "Allrighty!"  With that he takes the figurine of the scaly humanoid and puts it on the table in the desert to the southeast.
"I'm in."
------------------
Name: Youh
Spheres: Parties, jesters, bananas, fire, mercenaries, death.
Race: Dracon
Civ: The Desert Confederation
Site type: Deserts, warm plains
Hero Symbol: D
Army Symbol: d
City symbol: #
Food Source: Fishing, Hunting, Livestock
Primary Building Material:Stone
Abilities:Flight, heat resistant, transportation magic
Weaknesses:Cold, slow breeding, no calvary even on flatlands, no forest cover

The Dracon are a race of bipedal humanoids with scaly skin, horns, claws, wings, and a tail.  Their features resemble those of dragons though they lack the ability to breathe fire.  Dracon scales are mostly either red, gold, or green.  They are usually bald but some of the nobility has long straight hair growing out of their heads and back of the neck in a similar fashion as a horse's mane.

Militarily they are highly trained and organised, preferring heavy melee and lightly armed flying harassment/scout units.  They often have few military bowmen because the use of ranged weapons in war is considered cowardly by their culture.  That does not prevent civilian use in hunting however.  They have no calvary to speak of.

They are carnivores which prevents them from farming for food.  But they farm a desert plant that when correctly prepared enhances iron to a near steel quality.  They are capable of flight and are essentally immune to natural fire and heat, but are very suceptible to cold temperatures.  

Though not specific to the Dracon, there is a special summoning magic on their world that allows a trained summoner to call the aid of elemental spirits.  They can also transport small groups (less than 10) between specially prepared portals within cities (with a population of 100 or more).
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
A peaceful oasis scene is ruined as a large circular slab of rock drops out of the sky hitting the ground with a boom that can be heard for miles.  After the dust settles the stone slab glows brightly with magical runes and a group of Dracon and some supplies appear on the slab.

After looking around for a moment a blue haired dracon in the gear of a military commander orders buildings constructed.  While being followed by a female priest in white robes and an aged summoner with a new apprentice.

code:

..♣♣...♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑↑↑Pp▲▲⌂~~~
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈↑T↑≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~#

EDIT:The map I copied over didn't have the pringers.  So dood, where's Pringer X?
EDIT2:Just noticed theres no link to the old thread.  Took me a bit to find it(the community board didn't exist back then.) but here it is.

[ May 15, 2008: Message edited by: Greiger ]

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2008, 05:22:00 pm »

They want stone for their homes, they want metal for their experiments, they shall have it.

Shraal felt content as he walked around the construction field. His thinking was really good. He looked at the mechanical contraption a few of his people were dismantling. A huge tree attched by ropes to wooden posts. A mining ram they called it. It was fine, it wasn't as effective as some of the other contraptions he had devised, but this one will do for the time being. It was only a matter of time before it was finished and time is something the Thelash had in abundance.

It would soon be time for Shraal to gather an expedition into the mountains to the north. The number had to be right, too many and those left behind would most certainly not survive. Too few and the expedition would not bring back much in the way of minerals. Stone will have to wait in any case, as the only thing this ram was good for was bashing through the mountain. One does not build houses out of pebbles or sand, though the idea was interesting and worthwile to investigate.

Done. Shraal was done thinking. Nine would go into the mountains including himself. One hunter to provide food. One engineer to mount and maintain the ram. Two apprentices to operate the ram. Four to carry the supplies. And Shraal to supervise as well as identify deposits of precious metal.

This will leave twenty-three within the village, of which thirteen children. This was fine. The village will be well-protected against the surrounding wilderness and food will be abundant.

Young ones, yes. An academy will soon be needed, but that requires too much in the way of resources. The Haadush triplets were already showing signs of the wisdom and curiosity that was much required for the Thelash to move forward.

A loud crash brought Shraal back to reality. The ram had finally been dismantled and packaged, as well as the other goods they would be taking with them.

--------------------------------------------------------

Shelesh watched impassively as small figurines began to move away from the village. So they wish to move on their own, he thought. Fine, the less he had to deal directly with his people, the better he would feel about their existence.

Another thought crossed his mind. An awareness of something that has been said not so long ago. Who was it that said it ? Ah yes Fenneth and Hanabira. It was not what had been said that botheres Shelesh but what it showed about the knoweledge of those young gods. Normally he would not bother with a response, but for some reason he was in a good mood. A loud whisper arose in the room.

"I am not as old as you might think. Like many shadows, I am reborn and killed every day with the first rays of light. I was not always the shadow you see in front of you. I had a physical enveloppe a long time ago. Moreover, I have the memories of every shadow that ever existed. Of revelry I know much more than your bodies could endure or than your minds could understand. For remember : all races have shadows."

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2008, 06:12:00 pm »

"All right, all right. I think I get the point." Vime said as two more gods sat at the table, gently shouldering others aside to place their own pices. "Everyone step back for a second." He call out as he walked over towards the game case and withdrew a double handful of tiles, throwing them towards the board.

The tiles unfolded and expanded, roaring past the ears of the other gods in a whisper that left those with more sensitive hearing nearly deafened. Swiftly they interlocked, sliding into place to the north of the existing tiles

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂○┐..♣♣♣.⌂. ▲▲▲⌂⌂○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~⌂~~⌂⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂....└┐..♣♣♣♣♣ ⌂⌂⌂♣♣│♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲^▲▲
▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲♣♣♣...≈≈....♣♣ ♣...┌┘♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂⌂~~~⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣.≈≈≈≈..... ┌─┐.│...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂▲▲⌂~⌂⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣♣.≈≈└──┐.. │.└─≈≈─────○▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣♣┌┘....└── ┘....≈...♣♣.⌂▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣.│.....⌂↑↑ ........♣♣♣♣┌○▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲⌂⌂♣♣..│...⌂⌂~~↑ .........♣♣♣│⌂▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲⌂⌂....│..⌂⌂~~~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~~↑↑ ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂⌂

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂.≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣S
⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å▲▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├V──≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣§
♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂Ç⌂⌂⌂...♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣.♣♣│....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
..♣♣δ..♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑↑↑Pp▲▲⌂~~~
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑⌂⌂▲▲⌂~~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂▲▲⌂~

As the other players and observers regained their composure, Vime tapped Xotes and Youth on the shoulder and nodding at Tzen. "If you three want to move into the new play area go on ahead. You havn't really established yourselves on the board yet."

~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~
Kamaran's tounge poked out between her front teeth as she feverishly mapped out the terrain that she had passed in the last day with charcol on a piece of well-cured parchment. The heat of her camp fire warm against her back as the smoke drifted lazily into the sky above.

Scoffing, the Vulpinian reached down a drew up a small bit of sand from one of her bags that she had gathered earlier in the day from the riverbed. With excrutiating care she scrubbed out the misplace line, blowing away the debries from her work when the charcoal finally came out.

Before her two more maps were laid out in the moonlight, the parchment closely wrapped between two layers of soft leather and bound with cords made from dried sinew. Each one was precious, Kamaran hadn't had time for making copies. Not when she moved forward daily. Here on the plains the surroundings were different. Kamaran was able to see clear to the horizen on a clear day, which many of them were. Far to the north the ground grew slightly more rugged, dipping away from her eyes like a firefly, while to the east the treeline was a dark grey wall that rose in the distance. To the south and east, the earth continued on forever, flat and level for miles and miles, cut only by the river... which at this point had turned into a slow mass of water that lazily drifted eastward.

Finishing her daily ritual. Kamaran carefully rolled her current map up, binding it in the same method as the the others before stowing it away. This river had to lead somewhere. Other people, other habitants of this world had to exist. Kamaran just had to keep looking to find them... was all.

[ May 15, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

[ May 15, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2008, 06:29:00 pm »

"I've been eyeing that desert for awhile but I guess I'll move up to that small one to the north in the interest of avoiding overcrowding.  Hope it's warm enough up there."
-_-_-_-_-_
The first of the Dracon settlers was just bout to step off of the slate when a barrier went up around it.  A moment after the slate levitated slowly then suddenly flew northward at high speed.  After a moment's traveling the slate hit the ground in another desert, skipping along the ground a few times like on the surface of a lake before finally coming to rest.

The barrier coming down shows the Dracon and supplies in disarray but miraculously nothing is harmed.

"Well, that was unexpected..." muttered the blue haired dracon dusting himself off.

code:
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲⌂⌂♣♣..│...⌂⌂#~↑ .........♣♣♣│⌂▲▲

[ May 15, 2008: Message edited by: Greiger ]

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2008, 06:43:00 pm »

"Hm, I think my stout followers 'ere will be able to eke out a fine living. Provided those mechanical avians don't cause too much trouble, aye."

CaptainBlood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2008, 08:25:00 pm »

Hanabira walked along the edge of the lake in Oakvale, invisible to the mortals around her. She spotted a young Koneko fishing nearby and decided that this one will do perfectly.
-----
"Its a beautiful day to be fishing," the girl thought to herself. She already had a bucket nearly full of trout, and the day wasn't even half over.
"Kira..."
She jumped up so quickly, she nearly fell in the lake and looked around frantically, seeing nothing but the small village in the distance.
"Hello?" she answers.
Just then someone appeared out of thin air.
"BOO!"
Surprised, she staggered away and tripped on a rock, tumbling back first into the water. Kira looked up at the laughing figure above her and noticed that she had the appearance of a Koneko, but was different somehow, taller and with a odd light around her.
"How do you know my name?"
"I know everything about you. I am Hanabira and I made each of you. You are the one who is going to be my champion in this land and leader of your people. First, I want you to take half the population of the village and found another outpost just to the northwest, on the northern banks of the lake. Then go across the mountains further to the northwest and look for an outcropping of rocks, there you will see small creatures with whom you will be able to talk."
She sat there in the shallow water trying to absorb this information and immediately knew it to be true in her heart. Yet, she couldn't help but ask, "Why me?"
"You will see..." Hanabira replied and made a gesture towards her, filling Kira with the power to do her gods bidding. With that, Hanabira disapeared.
Kira grabbed her bucket and pole and ran towards the village.
-----
Hanabira kicked back in her chair and watched her tokens move around the board

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲⌂⌂♣♣..│...⌂⌂#~↑ .........♣♣♣│⌂▲▲

.♣....♣.R..Φ♣... ♣♣♣....≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂K⌂▲▲⌂~~
................ .....≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲...♀.▲⌂⌂~↑

[ May 16, 2008: Message edited by: CaptainBlood ]

CaptainBlood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2008, 08:38:00 pm »

[ooc: My champion character can go over mountains right? Say I invoke Hanabira's power to create a storm to erode a path over the mountain? Just so we can get some inter-civilization interaction. Or if I have to tunnel does it have to be near a city? or can the Champ do it itself? If the Champ can do it, I can still play it off as using the cat-like agility or somethin.]

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2008, 11:06:00 pm »

Pringer A continues his trek into the mountains, surveying for materials. Just as he thinks he spots a rich deposit, a strange rumbling shakes the ground, sending him reeling about. He quickly regains his balance and starts wondering about the source of it, not noticing the giant twenty-foot tall Pringer that had just appeared behind him. It leans over and taps his shoulder, causing a rather exaggerated shout of surprise from Pringer A. After he steadied himself, Pringer A looks up in awe at the giant Pringer, which in turn stares impassively at him. It opens its beak to speak.

"Hello, Pringer A. You have been chosen by our master as his new champion, meant to help conquer this world along with your fellow Pringers."

Pringer A continues staring in awe at the giant Pringer, before slowly beginning to speak.

"Y-you must be Pringer X, aren't you?"

"Indeed, I am. I must leave soon to help our master as his accountant. He really has no head for that kind of thing. But, I digress. I will grant you a gift so that you can more easily succeed in your goal."

With that, Pringer X touches the top of Pringer A's head with one of its giant flippers. Almost immediately, Pringer A begins to grow, until he is almost as tall as Pringer X.

"Now, friend, I christen thee Pringer X-2. Farewell..."

With that, Pringer X slowly fades away, until there is no trace of his ever existing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xotes smirks to himself as the meeting plays out, the light flashing across his eyes.

"Everything's going according to plan."

Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2008, 12:28:00 am »

(( Cross as you like. Personally I would recommend building a road or tunnel (depending on your race's preferance) so that future groups can pass with ease.

Moutains are not impassible, but crossing them is always slow and difficult if your not a moutain civ. For now let's have it the fliers and mountain civs can cross mountains without roads at one square a turn, and everyone else needs to find or make a pass. Sound good?))

The display on the projector above flashed briefly, it's color shifting from a clean white to a dark red as the turn number increased. Then it reverted back to switching  between the current actions and the turn in white.

Turn 2

Vime blinked, startled at the speed at which time seemed to pass. A total of ten players were spread across the field, their borders expanding slowly as more pices were added to the intial groups. A few of the other races sought more land, diversifying their reources and spreading their roots deep into the ground. While others build on what they had, steadily growing in size and potential.

With a lopsided grin the god of thieves pulled out a caravan pice and tapped it on Avecebela, then counting out two additional squares to the west though the forest. Then he moved his champion two squares to the east... toward the sea.

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲⌂⌂♣♣..│...⌂⌂~#↑ .........♣♣♣│⌂▲▲

⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å▲▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├──V≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣§
♣♣≈≈≈⌂⌂....┌──── ─≈≈≈──≡♣Θ♣♣...≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈....~~~~
.♣....♣.R..Φ♣... ♣♣♣....≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂K⌂▲▲⌂~~
................ .....≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲...♀.▲⌂⌂~↑

Raom chuckled as he watched the eight youngsters who had been assigned under him tried to place pack saddles on their wolves without success. The youngesters, hardy more than pups really, were on their third attempt. Twice before the eight of them had attempted to approach the large canines, nervously holding the harnesses that would be able to carry many stones of supplies evenly across the backs of thier pack aniamls. And twice before the wolves had bluffed the young Vulpinians away, their hackles raising as the creatures let loose a growl deep from thier chest. Sending their to-be owners scurrying away in fear.

The wolves were tame, Raom knew that because he had trained them himself. Curbing the animals more violent and competive nature and instilling a sense of loyalty to Vulpinians. The eight wolves considered the youngsters part of their pack, a lesser. While the wolves would accept their presense and would not harm any of the youngsters intentionally, it was up to the seven youths to prove they were dominent over their companions. At least, if they didn't want to carry all of their goods on their person.

Raom sighed, rotating one arm up behind the head of his own wolven companion and scratching her behind the ears lightly. Old Belle, that was her name, leaned into the caress. A soft growl of pleasure escaping her throat as he master checked his own gear. Belle was not a young bitch, not anymore at any rate. Raom had gotten her as a cub, the first pet he had raised from near-infancy to adulthood. She was the mother of five of the seven wolves that were with the caravan. Four of those five being her daughters. The remaining two were younger males who had been brought in to insure again inbreeding for a few generations. At least until Raom could find and tame a few of the local beasts.

Raom ceased scratching, satisfied with the harness and the temprament of old Belle. He looked back at the youngsters, backing away from the wolves again. The third time, a third failure. At this rate they would never get going. These youngsters just weren't ready. If they couldn't get tamed pack animals to cooperate, what were the chances they could tame a region long enough to make an outpost? Raom turned away toward the administration building, ready to tell the council that to continue with the settlement was folly untill better people could be found.

But, something caught the old rangers eye as he turned away. One of the youngsters, a female with an auburn coat the was flecked with strands of grey (A sure sign of mixed parantage.) had drawn one of the wolves away and was talking to it soothingly. The wolf, somewhat confused, admitted her gentle fingers to stroke his rough fur. Slowly, gently, the young woman slid the harness onto the wolf. The one time it started she grabbed the back of it's neck gently, stopping all motion but a gentle stroaking of it's pelt and a whisper into it's ear until the half-wild animal relaxed. Within moments, the wolf was saddled and ready.

The other youngsters stared in awe as the young vixen tamed her dog. Their eyes wide as she flashed a victorious guesture at them and walked up the road towards Raom and old Belle. Taking up a position directly next to him.

That boast of confidence was all the others needed. Within moments the others begane to follow her lead. As he looked at the young woman, Raom smiled inwardly, his face impassive a she watched her check the harness the exact same way he had done so just a few moments before, 'Perhaps they aren't so worthless after all'

Karaman walked east, keeping her head low as another torrent of rain passed close overhead. Her body was soaked, her russet fur dripping  from the abundance of rain that had accumulated in it. The harness that held all of her tools, including the waterproofed case that contained her writing supplies and maps, was covered in water. The thick leather chafing against her flesh as she pushed onward though the rain.

Fog covered every step of the way. To the north Karaman could hear the river. Or was it south? Everything seemed turned around in the fog. Raindrops fell, pattering against the rocks and turning into small rivulets that led towards the river eventually. More than once Karaman had nearly been swept away when she was force to cross a narrow gully. Her only warning of a flash flood being a slight increase in the intensity of the sound of water rushing. Had she not lived on or near rivers for all of her life, she would have lost her life tie and time again.

Finally, the ground gave away before her. The endless plain sloping down and changing quickly into sand. Ahead the fog parted, revealing an endless plain of water continuing out where the endless plain of grass ended. The tide was high, the roar of the water echoing against the constant pattering of the rain.

"No!" Karaman cried as she saw the ocean, her voice tiny in the roar of the storm. "This can't be it! Just an ocean? Vime! Do you hear me you bastard? Where is it! Where is the perefct place for a new village? I followed your instructions, I followed the river east. Now what?"

Karaman's voice fell away into the storm as the rain intensified, the cold doplets turning into sleet as the storm fell around her.

Suddenly the rain stopped, the droplets sheering aside as if hitting an invisible curtain. Karaman, chattering from the icy water that soaked her to the skin, looked around in fear as the sleet bounced off the invisible barrier and began to settle in a rough semicircle around her.

As Karaman gathered her wits, a golden fox climbed out from a small burrow on the ground. It's radient coat shimmering in the dim light as if it were under a spotlight while it shook away dirt from the ground. With a puzzled look the small creature gazed up at the cold adventurer, speaking in a clear voice "My child, you sound so angry. Don't you know I'm always with you?"

The Vulpinian stook shocked for an instant, her voice quivering with anger and cold. "You lied" Karaman accused her god, her anger sitifling even though the freezing water that covered her body.

"I lie a lot." The golden fox replied matter-of-factly, it's kind gaze never leaving the Vulpinian. "But in every lie there is a grain of truth. Look, to the northeast."

"Why should I?" The adventurer countered, turning her back towards the small creature, "I should just go back. These maps are worth a fortune back home. You lied, there is nothing out in this direction. I will just tell them we should build a small village on the plains for some farmland and ignore this direction." Her small frame shook with anger as she stood and turned away from the god, the flow of icey water slowing it's source was redirected.

Quite suddently Kamaran felt warm. A pair of golden forelimbs were embracing her waist, drying out the soaked flesh like the embrace of warm sunlight. A sense of peace, of contentment washed over Karaman as the icy chill abated with the touch of those arms, washed away along with his gentle voice. "You know you wouldn't do that. Look."

The god slowly turned Karaman, his right arm lifting next to her cheek and one of his fingers pointing off into the distance. Where he pointed the fog parted, clear sunlight cutting though the stormy ocean fog like a beaon of hope, tunneling past the edge of the plains and into the distant desert. Tumbling past untill it hit a citidel of stone "To the north-east. Some leagues from here creatures known as Dracons have settled. Find them, talk with them. If you meet with them calmly they will be great allies in the time to come, my Kara."

Karaman felt dizzy, faint as Vime's breath fell against her neck. It's warm touch sending a thirll of pleasure down her spine. Warily she struggled against her lethargy, brought on by the warmth so soon after nearly freezing. "Who... what are they?" She asked, struggling to keep her balance against the embrace of the golden Vulpin.

Vime replied softly, his lips gracing the ears of his champion gently in doing so, "They are outcasts from another place. Magicians and Warriors who have fled from a great battle that they did not win. Meet with them, gain their trust and you will be able to arrive home far sooner than you expected. Make your people their ally for all Vulpinans will need thier trust in the coming storm."

Karaman felt her legs give way, slowly she collapsed into the gods arms and slid backwards into the warm grass. His grip never leaving her waist as they both lay down in the undergrowth. "A storm?" she asked softly, "What storm?"

Vime placed a finger from his left hand on her lips, cutting her questions off, "No more. I have said too much. Rest now. For tomorrow you will need to travel across terrain that neither of us know well. Carry much water, and pray to me if you ever need my help."

The chitter of a cardinal woke Karaman, the bright-winged bird drawing her from her rest on the dry ground. Everything around her was fresh, bright after the storm. The fog had settled though the night, and now the bright morning sun shone happily down on the damp world.

Warily, Karaman looked at the semi-circle of dry ground around her. The crisp grass bringing back memories of the night before. As the rain around her evaportated in the rising sun, so did her recollection of the prevoius night. Except for two things. The most important of which was where to go next.

Without saying anything, Karaman started north-east along the coast.

[ May 16, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2008, 02:24:00 am »

Fenneth looked at Vime and chuckled.  "Amazing how easy these mortals can be manipulated, and you do it so well." Fenneth stroked his beard and commented, "You know, I haven't really done anything direct yet.  Perhaps its time to introduce myself to my champion."

Riet relaxed by the small fire he had made out of nearby trees.  After a long trek across the boundless plains, he had finally reached the distant forest.  It had been a very good day; he had found another wineskin in his pack.  He took it out and prepared to celebrate his findings.  Laughing while wondering how he could have missed such a valuable (and heavy) treasure, he tried to remember who had given it to him.  "It's even more funny when you realize that it wasn't there when you looked in your pack this morning," said an unfamiliar voice.  Riet looked around.  No one was there.  "Of course," said the voice, "anything can be funny when taken in the proper perspective."  The voice appeared to be coming from just beyond the firelight.  Riet turned his eyes away from the fire, in order to become more accustomed to the dark.  Even then, though, he could see nothing.

As he turned back around, though, Riet found someone else downing his entire wineskin on the opposite side of the fire.  His mind quickly flashed from shock, to fear, to anger, to curiosity, and finally settled on hilarity.  He laughed out loud.

"Good!" said the newcomer, who was a fellow Ipetian, "Why was it funny?  How were you able to turn something as disappointing as finding the last of your wine drunk into something funny?"

"Well," answered Riet, "I didn't know the wine was there until today, and oddly enough, on this same day, I reach the forest and finally have something to celebrate.  Then I find the wine gone because I was the one foolish enough to put it down.  And then I get angry at you for taking it, only to realize that I'm angry at you for taking something which, until today, I didn't know existed.  Also, the fact that I carried that wine across the entire plains only to have you drink it is fairly amusing as well."

"Excellent answer," said the stranger, "You have some sense of irony.  However, you didn't carry that wine all the way from Buigend Riet; I put it into your pack about 10 minutes ago.  But now you don't have anything to celebrate with.  We'll have to fix that."

The odd Ipetian rapped on a rock three times with his right hand, and a trickle of wine began to pour out.  At the same time, the ground sank around the spring, until it was clear that a pool of wine was forming.  Riet's usual relaxed demeanor collapsed under amazement.  "How...You...What..."

"A simple trick," said the stranger, "At least for me.  For you it could quite difficult."  He pulled out a goblet seemingly from nowhere, filled it, smelled the wine and began to drink.  "Ahh, that's good stuff.  Try it," he said, producing another goblet and giving it to Riet."  Riet, still somewhat stunned, wordlessly filled his goblet and began to sip.  Wow, that wine Was good.

"Now, you're probably wondering who I am and why I am here.  However, the more important question is why you are here.  However, to satisfy your curiosity, I am Fenneth, the Lord of Drink, Dance, and Gaiety, among other things, and I am here in order to guide you, as well as for a good drink."  He swigged the wine and refilled his cup.  "As to the more important business, why you are here, you are here in order to start a new chapter in the history of the Ipetians.  For quite a long time, you have been content to stay in the area around Buigend Riet.  Now, however, it is time to spread.  You are immortal; you have seen the changes, the growth in population.  You can no longer be sustained by the forests, nor can you afford to be so centralized.  After all, why were you called Riet?"

Riet swallowed his wine, and said "Because a bending reed will stand when an iron pillar falls."

"Precisely," said Fenneth, "Hence the name of your home.  We must give your people room to bend.  An interesting character called Nietzsche is currently calling for several small farming outposts to be built in the plains around Buigend Riet.  This is, of course, needed for extra food and I do support his efforts thus far.  After the settlements are established, a group of settlers must be sent here as well.  They are to build a city, with a temple to me at this very spot.  The spring of wine will continue to exist, and every year on this day it shall become a fountain.  There will be a festival on that day; all shall drink of the wine of gods and good cheer shall reign in Wijnfontein, Winefountain!"  Fenneth smiled as he refilled his cup.  "But now let us drink now to the future!"

Reit laughed, and with a hearty "Indeed!" proceeded to drain his cup as well.  "I will remember all this in the morning, right?"

"Of course," roared Fenneth, "There are advantages to being a god, including no black-outs or hangovers.  Don't worry about that."  He grinned, "What you should worry about is that spider crawling up your leg."  Riet looked down, to find no spider there.  A soft voice in his ear said, "Made you look."  Riet looked up to find Fenneth gone.  He laughed, and proceeded to drink.  If he got a reprieve from a hangover tomorrow morning, then he was going to have one helluva night.

Nietzsche was standing in front of a large crowd, making an energetic speech.  "We must expand our boarders.  Space is becoming an issue, though it is only a minor one compared to food.  The plains just to the south and west have wonderful soil, and would be perfect for farms.  Think about it: as much food as we could ever want, plenty of open space, and most importantly, they can provide defense should Buigend Riet ever be attacked from those directions.  We must expand!"

"Why would we ever need a defense?" questioned an elderly Ipetian.  "Especially from the South.  The only dangers are wolves to the north, and they rarely come this far south anymore."

"The greatest danger," replied Nietzsche, "is the one which is unknown.  I have grown tired of waiting for Riet's return.  We must do something, now.  If he was attacked by beasts that prowl upon the plains, what's to say they won't decide to roam east and attack here next?  Think of the children, we must provide a barrier between them and the wild.  We must expand!"

The other Ipetian began to see the wisdom in Nietzsche's words, and agreed to send out two, very small forces to start new settlements to the south and west.

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲⌂⌂♣♣..│...⌂⌂~#↑ .........♣♣♣│⌂▲▲

⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å▲▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├──V≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣§
♣♣≈≈≈⌂⌂....┌──── ─≈≈≈──≡♣Θ♣♣...≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈....~~~~
.♣....R...≡Φ♣... ♣♣♣....≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂K⌂▲▲⌂~~
...........≡.... .....≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲...♀.▲⌂⌂~↑

[OOC: I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds by creating 2 migrant groups in one turn.  I figure that if both of them contain 7, and the total population of Buigend Riet is between 50 and 80 (village size), then I should still have one hamlet in addition to the two migrant groups.  As to the large increase in population, well, being a fertility god would have its advantages.]

[ May 16, 2008: Message edited by: Frelock ]

All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 81