Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 81

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread  (Read 106425 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread
« Reply #435 on: May 28, 2008, 11:22:00 pm »

Nietzsche looked with pleasure upon the welcome sight of over a hundred Ipetians working together in one great city.  This is how civilization should be.  Not roaming on the plains but here, in this land, wanting for nothing.  Heuvelhorloge was becoming a full-blown village, and there was plenty of food and drink for all.  Soon, they would have to send out a new party to start another village to the south.  Life was good.  Everyone agreed that nothing could be better than this; Nietzsche had led them to a better life than they could have possibly had in Buigend Riet.  

Nietzsche reflected back on his life, and began to realize that he had lost his appetite for chaos.  Before, he had always demanded motion; hence why he had set out the first two outposts from Buigend Riet.  Now, however, he had grown complacent in the everyday life, in the stillness of quiet ponds, in the smell of air that sits motionless in the pines.  He realized now that the order of life was far better than the destruction which could follow disorder.

“Ah, Nietzsche,” said a voice beside him, “you are wrong again as usual.”  Nietzsche pivoted around to find himself confronted by an Ipetian he did not recognize.  Blijzon was quite a large city, but Nietzsche liked to think he had everything under control.  He believed that he knew everyone by both face and name.  The fact that a stranger was standing right next to him was disconcerting, to say the least.

“I’m sorry, but I can’t seem to recall your face.  What was your name again?”

The stranger laughed.  “That’s not what you really want to know, is it?  No, you’re thinking, ‘who are you, where did you come from, why are you here, and what threat do you pose to me?’  That’s what you really want to know.  How will I disturb your calm?”  Nietzsche was shocked, as that had been exactly what he was wondering.  The stranger continued, “Honestly, Nietzsche, if your face were any easier to read it would have to have letters on it.  You’ve grown comfortable with your power, and I, being an unknown, am a threat to your position.  Well, I suppose I’ll answer your questions.”

Nietzsche was dazed and confused.  How could this stranger know about Nietzsche’s desire for power?  How could he read his thoughts?  And more importantly, what did he want?  The stranger, after a pause for Nietzsche to collect himself, went on, “I am Fenneth, the god of the Ipetians, including you.  Where I came from is not of your concern, but I am here because you have interfered with my plans once too often.  The qualities which once made you an asset now turn you into a liability.  You have served your purpose, and now it is your end.  I am going to drive you mad.”

Nietzsche, while stunned, kept his wits about him.  “You can’t drive me mad; you are not a god of madness.  You have no power over my mind.  I think my own thoughts, and you have no say in them.  I have my free will!”

“Yes,” replied the god, “I have no power over your thoughts, and I cannot take away your free will, but I do have power over your knowledge.  So, I am going to let you learn of your own folly.  I will give to you understanding of what life would be like if things continue as they are.  Not understanding like you mortals gain every now and then, but true understanding.  So many mortals have wished for such a thing, not knowing what it would do to them.  It will, without a doubt, render you completely insane.”

With that, Fenneth placed his hand on Nietzsche’s head and said “Now, receive your curse!”  Nietzsche flew backwards as if propelled by some malevolent force.  He landed on his side, writhing under the inconceivable might of pure knowledge.  Fenneth looked on at the pitiful figure, lying on the ground, twitching.   “I am sorry,” he said, “but it was necessary.  You have disrupted my plans too often, and now you see for yourself what you have wrought upon this earth.  This shall be your punishment.  You will know the results of all your transgressions until you learn.  After that, if you can find me, I will remove this curse.  May you learn quickly.”

With that, the god disappeared.  Nietzsche covered his head in his arms, wanting for the pain to stop, for the unquestionable knowledge to leave him in ignorance.  But the agony continued until finally, Nietzsche snapped.  His mind simply said no to the knowledge, and left.  Nothing remained save pain in his head, and the knowledge that Fenneth could take away the pain.  Nietzsche stumbled back towards the city.  Perhaps Fenneth would be there.

Everyone noticed at once what had happened to Nietzsche.  He was certainly no longer himself, the great leader who had helped them time and time again with good advice and sound logic.  Instead, he had become a babbling lunatic, whom some pitied, but no one respected.  About a week later, Nietzsche was seen in the great clearing raving away.  Nietzsche cried out, "I seek Fenneth! I seek Fenneth!" As there were some foolish youths standing about who did not believe in Fenneth, and Nietzsche caused a great deal of amusement for them. “Why? is he lost?” said one. “Has he strayed away like a child?” said another. “Or does he keep himself hidden? Is he afraid of us? Has he taken a sea voyage? Has he emigrated?” the youths cried out laughingly, all in a hubbub.

The Nietzsche jumped into their midst and transfixed them with his glances. "He is with Riet, and where has Riet gone?" he called out. "I mean to tell you! We have killed him, you and I! We are all his murderers! But how have we done it? How were we able to drink up the sea? Who gave us the sponge to wipe away the whole horizon? What did we do when we loosened this earth from its sun? Whither does it now move? Whither do we move? Away from all suns? Do we not dash on unceasingly? Backwards, sideways, forwards, in all directions? Is there still an above and below? Do we not stray, as through infinite nothingness? Does not empty space breathe upon us? Has it not become colder? Does not night come on continually, darker and darker? Shall we not have to light lanterns in the morning? Do we not hear the noise of the grave-diggers who are burying Riet? Do we not smell the heroic putrefaction? - for even heros putrefy! Riet is dead! Riet remains dead! And we have killed him!

How shall we console ourselves, the most murderous of all murderers? The holiest and the mightiest that the world has hitherto possessed, has bled to death under our knife; who will wipe the blood from us? With what water could we cleanse ourselves? Is not the magnitude of this deed too great for us? Shall we not ourselves have to become Heroes, merely to seem worthy of it? There never was a greater event, and on account of it, all who are born after us belong to a higher history than any history hitherto!" Here Nietzsche was silent and looked again at the youths; they also were silent and looked at him in surprise.

"I come too early," he then said. "I am not yet at the right time. This prodigious event is still on its way, and is traveling; it has not yet reached our ears. Lightning and thunder need time, the light of the stars needs time, deeds need time, even after they are done, to be seen and heard. Perhaps there is still time.  Perhaps he might be saved, along with the rest of us.  He must be saved!  We must march on terror to save him!  How can we restore that which we have demolished?  We must stop ourselves from doing the dreadful deed afore it is done!  This shall be our redemption.  We need not destroy the light of the earth; merely save it in all its inexorable forms.  The light will be snuffed like a candle should we not burn our hands to heal it.  For indeed there shall be a penance, and we shall burn as the brush.  Fire will cleanse this blood upon us, and blood shall wash blood clean.”  There, Nietzsche fell silent, and began to draw upon the dirt with his fingers.

The elders met together that night to discuss the mad Ipetian.  It was agreed that, while mad, there was some method to Nietzsche’s ravings.  It was clear that he thought it necessary to rescue Riet from some terrible danger, and that to do otherwise would bring about terror and destruction of their people.  The elders agreed that Riet was the greatest leader the Ipetians ever had, and that to simply let him die would be the greatest mistake they could ever make.  And so it was agreed upon: the Ipetians would send an army to save the beleaguered Riet.  They would trek West, trying to find where Riet had gone.  No matter what the danger, they would save their brother, their father, their leader.

And so over 30 families presented themselves to march West in order to find Riet.  With over 100 Ipetians in all, it was the largest army ever assembled.  They had only one purpose: search and rescue.  Whatever else came would be dealt with swiftly.

~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~

Riet looked to the east.  Something was wrong; the giants had yet to show themselves.  If things continued as such, Silis's group might run into the raiders.  Riet couldn't allow that to happen.  He moved east for some period of time, until he finally saw what he was looking for, the Giant's cook fire smoke.  If they wanted someone to chase, he would give it to them.  Riet proceeded to make his own fire, using the smoke bush.  There was no way the giants could miss that.  He then rode back to the west, lighting fires again and again along the rout.  Such a trail would be easy to follow.  What happened if the Giants caught up?  Riet didn't plan that far forward.  His only thought was to turn the giants north, away from Silis and his men.

code:

♣♣│♣♣....⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
♣♣└≈≈─○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
.♣♣♣│⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
..⌂▲○▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
.⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂○┐..♣♣♣.⌂. ▲▲▲⌂⌂○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~⌂~~⌂⌂▲○▲ ▲▲⌂....└┐..♣♣♣♣♣ ⌂⌂⌂♣♣│♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲^▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~⌂▲│▲ ▲▲♣♣♣...≈≈....D♣ ♣...┌┘♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂⌂~~~⌂▲│▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣.≈≈≈≈..... ┌─┐.│...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂▲▲⌂~⌂⌂▲│▲ ▲▲⌂♣Z♣÷z≈≈└──┐.. │.└─≈≈─────○▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲┌┘▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣♣┌┘....└#─ ┘....≈...♣♣.⌂▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲┌┘▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣.│.....⌂↑↑ ........♣♣♣♣┌○▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂○⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲‼══╗ ▲⌂⌂♣♣..│...⌂⌂#~↑ .........♣♣♣│⌂▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○▲▲╚ ═‼⌂,,,,e..⌂⌂~║~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│♣⌂▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~╠≡↑ ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐♣⌂ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲♥▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂÷≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣§
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐⌂ ⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å▲▲▲e... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├v─Θ≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣§
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂│♣ ♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂...♣ ♣╔v╗♣♣.♣♣v....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..┌─┴─ ─┐δ≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂Å..Åç♣♣ ╔╝≈╚╗♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈☻≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘...~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○──┘.⌂♣ ♣└≡≈≈⌂⌂....┌─≡── Θ≈≈≈v─v═Θ♣♣...≈≈ ≈≈≈»≈≈≈≈...P~~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..⌂⌂⌂ ♣♣≈≈δ─────X┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣..÷≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈...⌂£.~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂... .♣♣♣δ..♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈.↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~. .♣♣..♣.♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ »≈≈»ΩΩ⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~ .♣♣♣..R..♣♣♣♣♣.. Φ♣♣♣♣⌂⌂⌂$»≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑≡▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~ .♣....♣.ç..♣♣.rΦ Φ♣♣.t¥♥t≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂~~~~~~~~~ ......≡......... .....⌂⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈»¥⌂▲♀..♀.▲⌂⌂~↑
⌂⌂~~≈≈≈≈≈↑↑⌂⌂~~~ ↑....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈
~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲▲▲ ⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.¥.»≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~~
≈≈≈↑↑≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂⌂ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂¥═¥≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~
≈≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈.↑≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲↑↑~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈.≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑⌂⌂▲♥⌂~~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂▲▲⌂~

((So, in sum, an army of about a hundred march westward from the Ipetian settlements.  30 come from Omhelzingbos, dropping it down to a hamlet, and the other 70 come from Blijzon, turning it into a very small town.  Riet moves east, starts his trail of campfires, and then moves west again.  Will the giants take the bait?  Silis continues east as instructed.

As to the ongoing discussion on the metagame and the role of humans, I just made up that story about the Ipetian exodus from their world as filler.  The "dark ones" are very loosely based on Raymond E. Feist's Dreadlords, dwellers of the void.  That's all their really is to it.  Their gods were the ones that overthrew the Ipetian pantheon, not the creatures themselves.  And even that is only a story told to Ipetian children, not necessarily what actually happened.

I agree that we are far too lighthearted thus far for there to be some underlying battle between good and evil or anything like that.  There need not be any god-killing, save perhaps in the case of Ukko, since he purposefully moved himself onto the game board.))

[ May 29, 2008: Message edited by: Frelock ]

All generalizations are false....including this one.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: May 28, 2008, 11:36:00 pm »

"Indeed" Nierel replied matter-of-factly, "One would assume that masons should not do the work of soldiers. Here however the work of soldiers not required, but that of mason's is."

"Your part in our plan is simple. The plot to overthrow Kireal requires that he lose face in front of his people. Continue work on your road, at the pace you were going you should be near to the city. When he confronts you, simply refuse to leave. Do not start a fight, enough of the soldiers still support him that they would immediatly flock to his side and your workers would be slaughtered. If you leave, you also solidify his control by proving he is superior to you, and by extension to your race.

"However, if you firmly refuse to listen to his demands and reply calmly that you are here on official buisiness that has been brokered by Aveceleba, the other soldiers and the citizens will see that he is mearly exerting his power once again. If you mention trade they will likely turn against him, since trade is the lifeblood of our people. Do not fear, he is not going to order an attack unless the fight starts first. If he tries, the other soldiers would not follow that order." Grinning with a cunning grin, the soldier smiled and withdrew a slender scroll with an insigna on it. "and if things look badly, produce this and ask the nearest vulpin to read it for you. It will dispell all doubts in their hearts."

Standing up, the soldier saluted to Añutamun, placing his hand over his heart in a solomn manner. "Now, I must be leaving. My group will soon wonder where I am."

~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~

Karaman laughed as the grass began to give way to a dirt path, leading around the large wooden keep and into the catacombs beneath the palace. "If it's embarassing then that's fine. Here look, the heart of every vulpi city: the market!"

Here, in the shade of the palace the lazy river town took on a totally different view. While on the surface of the city the vulpin's looked like calm, happy, cheerful folk who lazily went about their day performing their jobs. Down here, in the shade of the palace another scene was found.

Garish signs were everywhere, written in the naitive vulpin language. Many of them were accompanied by pictures. Here a weaver was selling emerald green bags, there a mason stood on his table, crying out to the crowd about the truely decadent cups his master crafted. Shouts and cries came from one corner, as a quarted of vulpinans were tossing a ball at a hoop, placing their money against the owner of the stand that they could sucessfully score five shots in a row.

Crafts of every description, dyes, food, and goods. The smell of pastries filled the air from one stand, while directly across from it a garnish red shop with it's windows filled with candies did brisk business. A stand full of cutlery stood in one corner, it's owner eyeing the nearby carpenter who had just finished placing a booth filled with buckets, chairs, and doors.

Vulpinans of every size, shape, and disposition thronged the area. Fat, thin, long, short, round, flat, and every possible description and action inbetween could be used to describe what Larika saw. In one corner of her eye she thought she saw a fight in the crowd, a bright flash of blood and a cheer arising from the crowd as both women were swept away. In another instance she spotted two vulpins deeply involved with one another on a bench, oblivious to the crowd around them as if it hardly existed. Happy vulpins, sad vulpins, angry vulpins, and embarressed vulpins. It seemed too many existed in this one place.

And though it all Larika drew some attention. Wherever she and caraman went at least some of the passerby would openly stare at her. More than a few of the merchants in the stalls called her out, offering her rare fruit, special discounts on straw hats for giant coyote's if they bought just one basket now, or even just waving at her.

Finally the dizzying journy stopped as Karaman reached her destination, pulling Larika into a more permanent clothier's building.

"Ugh, finally." Kara said as the cloying sound was silenced behind the thick door. "This is the headquarters of the weaver's guild." she explained quickly as she led Larika back behind the counter, waving off the suprised young girl at the counter. "We're here to see Lenn. Come on Larika, I'll introduce you to the head weaver, she owes me a favor for showing her where some silver barbs grow five days walk from here. I figure I'll call it in by having her get you a decent outfit. Do you prefer Pants and tunics, or Dresses?"

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: May 28, 2008, 11:49:00 pm »

Turn 14

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..┌─┴─ ─┐δ≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂Å..Åç♣♣ ╔╝≈╚╗♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈☻≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘...~

((I will update the rest of the first post in the morning. I think I'm done for the night. Great RPing everyone.  :D))

[ May 29, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: May 29, 2008, 06:03:00 am »

((When in the mortal realm, Shelesh sees things in shades of grey so Iten would be silvery for him.))

A few weeks had passed since Kira's departure from Thelash lands. Shraal had personnally accompanied her and the Thelash embassador to the border of the forest. Before her departure another feast was given, without blood this time. She had been given a few parting gifts : some books on Thelash culture and history, some precious gems, as well as two magic gems which would let the Thelash know when their holder approaches Thelash lands.

Now Helesh was facing the city council again. This time he had explained that a sewer system was more important than pillar towers. The council agreed, with some bitterness, that it was more important.

At the same time Shraal and Thlash consulted with the Shadow Council concerning what they had learned from Kira about the Pringers and the Drogar. Shel had confirmed a Pringer scout to the south of the forests. They now had to decide what kind of ties should be established with metal birds.

The Drogar's description, on the other hand, made it clear that they were dwarves. Diplomatic ties will be established.

Finally, Thlash was really happy. His plan for the improvement of walls was finally accepted. Now he had to establish antennas and batteries to harness the power of lightning. That would prevent any armed approach from above the walls, unless the invader was immune to lightning.

===============================================================================

code:
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..┌─┴─ ─┐δ≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂Å..Åç♣♣ ╔╝≈╚╗♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈☻≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘..K~

code:
Shushaw Shesh              : NE Forest              : Thelash   : Hamlet(45)
Shushaw Hath               : N of Sh. Shesh         : Thelash   : Citadel(23)

((Kira is now back under the control of the Koneko, she is accompanied by Shehal, a young woman expert in diplomacy and assassination who learned the language of the Koneko.))

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: May 29, 2008, 06:53:00 am »

((I see, that is quiet cool.)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: May 29, 2008, 07:35:00 am »

code:
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~ .♣♣♣..R..♣♣♣♣♣.. Φ♣♣♣♣⌂⌂t$»≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑≡▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~ .♣....♣.ç..♣♣.rΦ Φ♣♣t.¥♥⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~

((nothing so far. The scouting Ninjas are still on their way and have encountered nothing yet))

-------------

Mohayiga+harbour: town : 90
Eientei: village: 50
Murakami: hamlet : 26
Makai : hamlet : 20
Divine shrine : cloister : 5

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 29, 2008, 07:59:00 am »

(Jamini, i suppose that since you seem to be posting at the time i am sleeping, the discussions between us will happen at past or something else like that?
Also, some things about The oracles wraith. Note that he(or it) is quite powerful. He's not physically strong or anything, but he is -VERY- fast and he is corporeal, making him nigh impossible to harm with usual weapons. He also has control of weather and can manipulate objects and things with his thoughts. Then, his weaknesses: There is nothing he hates as much as his master, Hrafn. Homever, since his soul is bound to Hrafn, he cannot disobey him or do anything that Hrafn wouldn't want him to do. Also, he is unquestionably evil being, making him hate and fear anything that is good or nice. One example of this could be vime's bastard Iten(if his good of course). Lastly, he cannot wander far from his master. He can homever, briefly visit places where the giants have established foothold.)

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

Hrafn was pacing around impatiently around his throneroom, waiting. He had send his newest puppet, The former oracle, to see about the happenings in the outlying towns of the giants. Then the air somehow, thinned, before him. The bluered pair of eyes and the corporeal, twisted body of the oracle floated silently before him. "Ah... I was expecting you to return to me. So, is there anything going on i should turn my interest on?" the wraith hissed, its speech was a mix of highpitched hiss and a low voice echoing eerily from the walls of the place. "going onnn..? Thhe livees... of YOURRrr... subjectsss... are goingnn... well... BUT! Thhheerree... ISss one thhingn... Happeningnn... at YOURRrrr.. newest outpost..." A spark of interestest flashed at Hrafns eyes "Yes? what is it then?" Hissing with the hate of serving, the wraith answered. "Thhere iss... certainn.. Ffoxsthingnn... Likely Iintelligent... requesting... audience..." Hrafn smiled. Finally something was bound to happen, and it was something intelligent. "Why, that is great news my dearest puppet. You must go there, and meet with this being. I shall act through you in this conversation."
Yet again, the oracle hissed with hate. How would that insolent being dare to access his soul, to act through him? "Wwhat... makess... youu think... that i... wouldd... alloww that?"
Hrafn smiled a gleeful smile, and took up a skull from black casket lying on a table. The oracles wraith immediately regognized it. It was HIS skull! "You know, i've been waiting for you to try and defy my orders, since i want to try out THIS!" with the word, he smashed the skull to pieces with his bare hand. The wraith screamed in unimaginable pain, a feeling he had thought was lost to him forever. The incredibly highpitched scream echoed far to the mountains, the best eared beings could probably hear it as far as the plains. After being shattered, the skull magically restored itself. "Now... i think you do not want to challenge my orders anymore?" With sheer hatred in its eyes, the wraith dissipated, going to fulfill his masters wishes.

Gron watched the tiny being spout out its words and began to think what he should do when suddenly he feeled something very cold touch him. He swiftly turned around and saw the horrible and wicked body of the oracles wraith, and started to back away. Before he could scream he felt his voice suppressed in his throat. Then, the thing spoke. "I... Am heree... ass... the ambassador of... Hrafn.. You... Are to lett... That beingn... inside... and direct him... to there..." The wraith pointed towards the building on the outcropping of the hill which was the main townhall and the temple. Then it disappeared. With cold sweat pouring from his brows, Gron began to open the gate.

Ragndir looked hopeful when they found yet another abandoned campfire. they had been marching quite fast now, and could see the latest of these campfires. He intended to make a camp for a night and then they would run nonstop until they caught whoever was doing this.

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~ .♣♣♣..Rç.♣♣♣♣♣.. Φ♣♣♣♣⌂⌂t$»≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑≡▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~ .♣....♣....♣♣.rΦ Φ♣♣t.¥♥⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~

[ May 29, 2008: Message edited by: Nhiphanter ]

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 29, 2008, 08:16:00 am »

((That seems to work fine.

Cenna trembled again as the doors to the gate creaked open before her, fear permenting the very fiber of her being. She wanted to run, to flee this place. An neigh irrisistable, instinctive fear of a kind that she had not felt before.

Something... something was deathly wrong with this place.

Still, the woodcutter couldn't help but silently take a step forward into the gate. She was committed, to turn back now would be to admit folly, and for that the shafts of the giant's arrows would be sticking from her hide. Nerving herself, she forced her feet to walk forward into the widening palisade.

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: May 29, 2008, 08:29:00 am »

Gron walked inside the gatehouse and emerged at the ground level again at the inside of the palisade to meet with the foxbeing. When the thing finally came through the gates, the first thing it saw was the trembling and sweating giant waiting for him. Gron greeted him with a small wave of hand and spoke out. "Ehh...  you're here to meet with our leaders? Im afraid Hjolf is out in the woods... But there's anyhow someone in quite high position that wants to meet you... You are to go to that large building" He points to the outposts mainbuilding on the outcropping. Suddenly a feeling of pity passed through him and he added with a whisper "Watch yourself..."

(feel free to detail the town a bit when cenna walks through it. It doesnt quite fit in here.)

[ May 29, 2008: Message edited by: Nhiphanter ]

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: May 29, 2008, 11:42:00 am »

Cenna felt even more tense as she saw the nervousness of the giant. Her fur stood on edge as she numbly heard his warning, the resulting tingling sensation almost as if it wished to crawl away from her skin and retreat without her.

Mutely the vulpinan followed the Giant's directions, her feet moving forward even as her mind rebelled against it. On either side the massive constructions of the giants loomed, their stone huts standing amoungst massive cabins seeming to hide millions of fearful and cold eyes. Some were calculating, watching her every movement carefully as if counting her weakness, while others predatory, eyeing her like one would a prey animal before the strike. Most of the faces she saw however, were fearful, not of her, but of something else that had fallen on the camp.

Within a few minutes she reached the temple, a gasp escaping her mouth as she took in the presense of the thing. It was massive and dark, made of stone from the heart of the earth, and... and it was beutiful. What the rest of the camp lacked in asthetics, this temple had in abundance. The stone was perfectly smooth, with large engravings every few feet. Perfectly-wroght statues of giants made from iron and steel sat in little engraved alcoves, the figures fitting into the scene around them almost seemlessly... almost alive. The top was adorned with sharp spikes of iron, the pikes sticking far into the sky and coming to a fine point.

Suddenly Cenna realized the significance of this: The giants were not unable to make beutiful goods, they choose not too. Preferring instead to pool their talants into creating a single, exceptional, piece of artwork. It was gorgeous, it was madness.

Stiffening her spine slightly, the vulpinan steadied herself and entered the building. Ready for whatever happened to her.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: May 29, 2008, 11:55:00 am »

((Ok, I will due to eventual time constraints first post the outside matters, the internal matters of my cities might have to wait until later today, or even next turn in worst cases.

I still think it SHOULD be cannon whit the supertech humans, but there should be no effect other than historical references, because it is far away and long ago.

Also, I noticed due to lucky chance there is a possibility the !!elves!! and the vulpinians will meat early in this giant fort.))

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

code:
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○▲▲╚ ═‼⌂,,,,╪e.⌂⌂~║~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐⌂ ⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å▲▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├v─Θ≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣§
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂│♣ ♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂e..♣ ♣╔v╗♣♣.♣♣v....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~ .♣♣♣..Rç.♣♣♣♣♣.. Φ♣♣♣♣⌂⌂t$»≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑≡▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~ .♣....♣....♣♣.rΦ Φ♣♣t.¥♥⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~

Efil-inira: 55 !!elves!! (Village) (-1 since last turn)
Ariquemera: 17 !!elves!! (Outpost) (+8 since last turn)
In armies/expeditions: 2 !!elves!!
Other: 14 working/travelling between Ariquemera and Efil-inira.
Total: 91 !!elves!!

((Fothacema continues east.
Iranineleni arrives at the giant settlement and begin "negotiations".
Lots of various building and science done in Ariquemera, maybe detailed in a later post.
Efil-inira has far since stagnated under the weight of red tape.))

List of important people:
Acathiima, hero and leader of Efil-inira: Legendary organizer, skilled bow!!elf!!
Ilecaaye, ground-breaking geologist: grand-master miner, grand legendary geologist, talented metalworker, master chemist, skilled mechanic, master mathematician.
Fothacema, scout/diplomat: professional scout, skilled ranger, talented diplomat
Iranineleni, lawyer: professional lawyer, professional diplomat, skilled organizer, novice politician, dabbling jackass, dabbling scout.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Woah, that extinction vodka was good stuff; It made me confuse my little !!elves!! whit bloody humans even!
What did you put in it?"

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iranineleni stood at the huge towering wooden gate in the palisade, these creatures must 1) be huge and 2) be almost blind because they did not see him going there.
He took a deep breath, mustered all his courage, and knocked hard on the door.
He then facepalmed as it caught on fire.
"Hello? Anybody there? Your door is on fire!" He shouted, oblivious to the fact there might be creatures the could not understand elven.

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: May 29, 2008, 12:10:00 pm »

((Ah, Jamini, I'm unclear on one point: if the turn rolled over and anywhere from a week to a month or two has passed, then where  do we pick up on Larika and Karamara's conversation?))
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: May 29, 2008, 12:14:00 pm »

((two differen't timelines))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 29, 2008, 12:23:00 pm »

(('fraid I don't quite understand what you mean by that? :confused: ))
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: May 29, 2008, 12:27:00 pm »

((whatever you say will just be handled like it happened in the turn before, if possible))
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 81