Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 81

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread  (Read 106421 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread
« Reply #405 on: May 28, 2008, 06:06:00 pm »

The overseer was visibly angry. "Allright, I can't build on yer land without permission. Yer folk came to us, not the other way around. You finish the road ya little bastard."  With that he turned his back to the dictator and told a nearby messenger to report what happened to the capital.  

"Lets go home boys, we were paid to get the road to them and they want to take it from here."

OOC) The trade caravan is stopped and informed of what happened by the messenger as he passes and head over to the future port instead.

[ May 28, 2008: Message edited by: Greiger ]

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 28, 2008, 06:10:00 pm »

Larika gawked at Kara's amazing feat, balancing herself on one hind leg, pointing with the other, and untying her with her two forelegs. Nevertheless, she ignored this for a moment and answered her question as she limped ofer toward the table.

"I am Larika Dea Mallira," she paused, leaning herself against the far wall to free her hands so she could eat, "Daughter of House Dul-Konil." Upon finishing, she set about greedily devouring everything laid out on the platter.

((Suppose I ought to explain the name structure. 'Larika' is, of course, her personal name. 'Mallira' is her mother's personal name. 'Dea' means, quite literally, 'first daughter of'. Male names have the same structure, but use their paternal name and the separator 'Deo/Eo/Reo' etc. in that order. I might get into the House structure later.))

[ May 28, 2008: Message edited by: Impending Doom ]

Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 28, 2008, 06:22:00 pm »

((Today’s turn was rather confused for me, sorry.))

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

code:

♣♣│♣♣....⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
♣♣└≈≈─○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
.♣♣♣│⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
..⌂▲○▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
.⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂○┐..♣♣♣.⌂. ▲▲▲⌂⌂○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~⌂~~⌂⌂▲○▲ ▲▲⌂....└┐..♣♣♣♣♣ ⌂⌂⌂♣♣│♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲^▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~⌂▲│▲ ▲▲♣♣♣...≈≈....D♣ ♣...┌┘♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂⌂~~~⌂▲│▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣.≈≈≈≈..... ┌─┐.│...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂▲▲⌂~⌂⌂▲│▲ ▲▲⌂♣Z♣÷z≈≈└──┐.. │.└─≈≈─────○▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲┌┘▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣♣┌┘....└#─ ┘....≈...♣♣.⌂▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲┌┘▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣.│.....⌂↑↑ ........♣♣♣♣┌○▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂○⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲‼══╗ ▲⌂⌂♣♣..│...⌂⌂#~↑ .........♣♣♣│⌂▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○▲▲╚ ═‼⌂,,,,e..⌂⌂~║~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│♣⌂▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~╠≡↑ ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐♣⌂ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲♥▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂÷≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣§
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐⌂ ⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å▲▲▲e... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├v─Θ≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣§
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂│♣ ♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂...♣ ♣╔v╗♣♣.♣♣v....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..┌─┴─ ─┐≡≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂Å..Åç♣♣ ╔╝≈╚╗♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈♣≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘...~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○──┘.⌂♣ ♣└≈≈≈⌂⌂....┌─≡── Θ≈≈≈v─v═Θ♣♣...≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈...P~~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..⌂⌂⌂ ♣♣≈≈δ─────X┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣..÷≈≈≈ ≈☻≈≈≈≈≈...⌂£.~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂... .♣♣♣δ..♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≡↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~. .♣♣..♣.♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ »≈≈≈ΩΩ⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~ .♣♣♣..R..♣♣♣♣♣.. Φ♣♣♣♣⌂⌂⌂$»≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑⌂▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~ .♣....♣.ç..♣♣..Φ Φ♣♣.t¥♥t≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂~~~~~~~~~ .....≡.......... .....⌂⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈»¥⌂▲♀..♀.▲⌂⌂~↑
⌂⌂~~≈≈≈≈≈↑↑⌂⌂~~~ ↑....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈
~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲▲▲ ⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.¥.»≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~~
≈≈≈↑↑≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂⌂ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂¥═¥≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~
≈≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈.↑≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲↑↑~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈.≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑⌂⌂▲♥⌂~~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂▲▲⌂~

Efil-inira: 56 !!elves!! (Village) (+4 since last turn)
Ariquemera: 9 !!elves!! (Outpost) (+9 since last turn)
In armies/expeditions: 2 !!elves!!
Other: 5 working/travelling between Ariquemera and Efil-inira.
Total: 75 !!elves!! (Two scouts out, The 11 remaining are spread out over the tunnels, digging etc.)

((Fothacema continues east. Iranineleni continues south-west and spots the easternmost giant settlement.
Ariquemera is founded.

Various projects are begun in Ariquemera:
A floodgate contraption that can flush the mines between A. and E. whit pressurized boiling water at will by those in Ariquemera whit the help from a underground spring that was found. Usage of this is hard to control and very likely to cause much damage in Efil-inira when it gets there unless turned of. !!Elves!! will freeze to death in water, even boiling water. Construction of this took much of the turn, but was due to the placement of the found spring very easy considered the benefit, that’s my excuse for it taking only one turn.
A stairway was dug upwards until ground was reached (Ariquemera lies approximately 3 km straight below a medium high mountain peak), and construction was begun on tower. The tower is currently circular ca 20m in diameter, was ca 1m thick, made from solid edgeless obsidian (I’ll just assume most rocks are silicon based and so they BECOME obsidian after the !!elves!! melt it.) and clad whit 10cm of iron for the lowest 10m, there is no door, the only way to get in is from underground. Due to the split workforce and huge scale they have actually only gotten the firs metre or so of the walls constructed.
There has also been construction of housing and various infrastructure, mostly whit windows n over the magma flow.))

List of important people:
Acathiima, (former?) hero and leader of Efil-inira: Legendary organizer, skilled bow!!elf!!
Ilecaaye, ground-breaking geologist (and new hero?): grand-master miner, grand legendary geologist, talented metalworker, master chemist, skilled mechanic.
Fothacema, scout/diplomat: professional scout, skilled ranger, talented diplomat
Iranineleni, lawyer: professional lawyer, professional diplomat, skilled organizer, novice politician, dabbling jackass, dabbling scout.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fothacema had been travelling thought identical fields for what felt like more than a year. And for the first time he met an obstacle, namely a river.
He was almost disappointed about how easy that obstacle was to master.
He simple walked alongside it until he reached a small bend in it filled whit sand.
Then he took the sand and built a ¤narrow green glass bridge¤. (Elves have the [NARROW] tag as you know!  :D )
It took about two days, he made a shelter by he side of it to sleep that night, rather nicely integrated under the bridge itself.
Then he continued into more endless fields.

((BTW, I have noticed people removing the ,s I replaced some .s whit, those indicate a trail of green glass shelters that you are VERY likely to come across if you ever go there, so they actually mean something.))

“Research rapport on the alchemical properties of high temperature life-forms:

Other Notes: these results are truly extraordinary and are going to revolutionize metallurgy!

Salamander: It has been noted that the salamanders blood when mixed into an alloy will drastically rise the melting point of it propotional to the amount, this means even iron or lead can be made safe for handling whiteout risk of the objects melting. The amounts needed are small and can be extracted whiteout harm to the animal.
The formulas for the melting points are:   (&&-¤/”)>/   #&/(v>^)   %/&[“!]

Hot fire snake: It has been noted that the bodily fluids (not sure if they can be identified as blood yet) of the hot fire snake if mixed whit radioactive substances will continually produce heat in the object when mixed into an alloy.
The formulas for the temperature increase and stabilization points are:   /(%=(%)/%)   !(”#)¤%  //->(EA^¨)

Great fire snake: When the ‘blood’ is alloyed whit radioactive substances it produces light in a similar manner to how that of the hot fire snake produces heat. Some success has been made at altering the colour of the emitted light using trace amounts of various metals.
The formulas for the light emission is:   ((xX)?#%/=&&”%=)   /(%=(%)/%)  CZ¤U(GGI)/”

The emissions when alloying fire snake ‘blood’ I believe is two sides of the same phenomena, probably biomagical, if this can be controlled better we might archive even more extraordinary things.

As soon as safe contact is established whit The Seat of Authority and the diplomacy has been taken care of I will continue whit the resources we have not yet been able to harvest whiteout harm to the animal.

-By Ilecaaye.”

“Ilecaaye, do you know the one thing gods fear?” Rung a voce like out of the grave, tuneless.
Ilecaaye jumped high and turned around, he had thought he was alone in the lab.
There stood Armok.
“There is a race of demons so greedy and powerful even we gods fear them”
“W-what demons? W-w-what does this have to do whit m-me?”
“They are called Hu-man-kind, and you are becoming far to much like them for my comfort. You shall stop.”
“WHAT?! How am I like a demon?”
“In more ways than you think, Ilecaaye.
Technology.”
“How could a bit of experimentation whit metals possibly threaten a god?”
“In more ways than you think, and I intend for it to remain so.”
Ilecaaye pondered for a while, then he spoke:
“You can’t actually harm me, right now, can you?”
“How DARE you, mortal!”
“And I assume that is one of the pieces of information that I am not allowed to know.”
“You… YOU… !”
Ilecaaye smiled.
“So tell me Armok, what more am I not allowed to know? This?”
And he caught a piece of magnesium on fire and pointed it towards Armok, who backed away, hissing.
“So, this is… interesting, I will figure out more I am not supposed to know, and the gods will bow for !!elvenkind!!! For ME!”
And as he spoke he flared up to higher temperatures, apparently whiteout effort.
“Got another one of your secrets now I think, the power of the mind” He closed his eyes and concentrated.
And suddenly, he remembered. Aeons of pain, and what came before…
His eyes narrowed in anger, and he trusted the magnesium rod towards the face of the god, but Armok had already fled, and the magnesium just melted into the rock where he just had been.
Ilecaaye let out a roar of disappointment, then he immediately got back to his chemical studies, this time whit new power and a furious tempo.

. . .

Armok appeared by the table, eyes wide in fear. After he had caught his breath he shouts straight out to the other gods: “What the HELL are we going to do now!”

“This Ilecaaye is bright, too bright for our safety.”

Iranineleni climbed over yet another rocky hill, not in any way unlike the hundreds of others he had climbed the latest months. And suddenly a landscape was before him, and he was stunned.
Two things stunned him, first there was a palisade, then there was the clear cut forest.
Murderers.
Iranineleni might be a hypocrite of the worst kind, a lawyer and a coward, he might not have seen trees as long as he could remember…
But he was still an elf.
He roared in rage, flaming at about 3500 degrees Celsius, the ground steamed underneath his feet and… after running down the hillside he realized it was several miles to the settlement, and he slowed down, and went straight towards it whit resolute steps and fire in his eyes.

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 28, 2008, 06:25:00 pm »

Tzen groggily awakens, and, wiping a line of drool from his mouth, looks at the board.
"What the-? What's all this? Tengu? Well... isn't that interesting..."
code:

♣♣│♣♣....⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
♣♣└≈≈─○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
.♣♣♣│⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
..⌂▲○▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
.⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂○┐..♣♣♣.⌂. ▲▲▲⌂⌂○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~⌂~~⌂⌂▲○▲ ▲▲⌂....└┐..♣♣♣♣♣ ⌂⌂⌂♣♣│♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲^▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~⌂▲│▲ ▲▲♣♣♣...≈≈....D♣ ♣...┌┘♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂⌂~~~⌂▲│▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣.≈≈≈≈..... ┌─┐.│...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂▲▲⌂~⌂⌂▲│▲ ▲▲⌂♣Z♣÷z≈≈└──┐.. │.└─≈≈─────○▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲┌┘▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣♣┌┘....└#─ ┘....≈...♣♣.⌂▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲┌┘▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣.│.....⌂↑↑ ........♣♣♣♣┌○▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂○⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲‼══╗ ▲⌂⌂♣♣..│...⌂⌂#~↑ .........♣♣♣│⌂▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○▲▲╚ ═‼⌂,,,,e..⌂⌂~║~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│♣⌂▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~╠≡↑ ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐♣⌂ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲♥▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂÷≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣§
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐⌂ ⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å▲▲▲e... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├v─Θ≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣§
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂│♣ ♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂...♣ ♣╔v╗♣♣.♣♣v....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..┌─┴─ ─┐≡≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂Å..Åç♣♣ ╔╝≈╚╗♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈☻≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘...~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○──┘.⌂♣ ♣└≈≈≈⌂⌂....┌─≡── Θ≈≈≈v─v═Θ♣♣...≈≈ ≈≈≈»≈≈≈≈...P~~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..⌂⌂⌂ ♣♣≈≈δ─────X┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣..÷≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈...⌂£.~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂... .♣♣♣δ..♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈.↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~. .♣♣..♣.♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ »≈≈»ΩΩ⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~ .♣♣♣..R..♣♣♣♣♣.. Φ♣♣♣♣⌂⌂⌂$»≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑≡▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~ .♣....♣.ç..♣♣..Φ Φ♣♣.t¥♥t≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂~~~~~~~~~ .....≡.......... .....⌂⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈»¥⌂▲♀..♀.▲⌂⌂~↑
⌂⌂~~≈≈≈≈≈↑↑⌂⌂~~~ ↑....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈
~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲▲▲ ⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.¥.»≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~~
≈≈≈↑↑≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂⌂ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂¥═¥≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~
≈≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈.↑≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲↑↑~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈.≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑⌂⌂▲♥⌂~~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂▲▲⌂~

Kavar looked with a certain ammount of pride as his twenty warriors began setting up their tents and campfires. Their food supplies were getting low, and their ale supply had almost completely dried up. By the next morning he was hoping to find some source of fresh water in the northern forest, and have his men get some fish caught and cooked up. But for now, he just wished to rest his aching muscles. He turned and entered his tent, laid his axe beside his fur bedroll, and entered a heavy sleep.

=================================

Ragnar looked all around him, gazing in awe at the beatiful mountains and forests surrounding the rocky hills his group was marching upon. He signaled the stop, and his twenty workers halted their steadfast march immediately. Once Ragnar had been in charge of a lumbering expedition, and now he was on a different mission. The Drogar needed to expand once again, and he, succesfully managing their small wood camp and proving himself to Kev as a worthy candidate, was put in charge as expedition leader.
"This looks like a good place." he said. "Yes, a very good place. Tzen wants us to be here!" He then pointed at his to miners, and barked out an order. "Over on that outcropping, get digging! Looks like a storm is brewing..."

((right, so quite a leave of absence there, but I'm back on track. Looks like things are really setting up for some conflict...))

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 28, 2008, 06:36:00 pm »

Youh was unworried, "Aw relax Armok.  I have some friends in some sci-fi universes, where do you think I got this holo-display and things? If they get too  out of control I can just call in a favor or two and have a capital ship glass the mountainside.  I doubt they can handle directed plasma beam weaponry."

"That is of course assuming this gameboard is running the Altair physics engine, and not that cut rate Excalibur physics one." he says reading the technical specs on the gameboard.

"...Though I suspect that may ruin the game... I'm pretty sure she would want to take part if I called her.  And she becomes rather insistent."

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 28, 2008, 07:25:00 pm »

Armok looks frustrated and slightly angry.
"Youh, you are forgetting one VERY important thing; those are ELVES!
And what does elves come from? They are related to the... HUMANS!" Armok is forced to push away fear to even mention that last name.
"And you all know what that means, why do you think eves have archived immortality as a standard? Why is it the elves we hate?
The elves are related to the humans, and that spray removed one of the last differences... I have acted like a fool letting those monstrosities onto the board, and as you see they have already figured out how to stop us from acting directly." Armok exhales deeply.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 28, 2008, 07:32:00 pm »

"Fat chance of that." Kireal said snidly as the dracon's flew away, garnering a suprised look from the soldiers that accompanied him as he turned his mout about and began to trot back toward the city. Behind him three of the soldiers quickly confrenced, one of them turning and leaving the group at an oblique angle into the nearby outcrop of rock while the others continued onward after their lord, who remained patently oblivious that his enterouge had dwindled from six to five.

~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~

Kara smiled as she sat on the bed, lifting Iten up after her and giving Larika a chance to eat on her own for the first time in months.

"That's quite the pretty name, the way it rolls off the tounge" Kara said as the Valten finished her meal, doing her best not to inturrupt too much while the much larger coyote ate. Where are you from, your people at any rate. We haven't seen your kind with any of our scouts and you made it virtually to the heart of our capital before we found you. Also, the doctor noticed that some of your wounds were from a cut with a weapon of some kind, something made out of iron, what made those?"

As the sun set on the workcamp, the soldier Nierel quietly returned. Slipping in silently past the sentries and sleeping workers with the stealth of a cutpurse, patiently passing from hiding spot to hiding spot thoughout the camp and avoiding contact with all of the workers and soldiers who remained awake.

Unerringly he made his way to the tent of the overseer, slipping up to the opening noiselessly and waiting as he heard angry voices inside.

Minutes passed, and the voices went from angry to slightly cheery. The anger of the Mason's inside diverted by a comradie only shared by speaking with a person whom you share your work with. The moon rose and the shadows shifted with it's silvery light, until finally the visitor left the overseer's tent. Visibly staggering from exhaustion and intoxication. Besides him the overseer followed him long enough to see the poor worker out of the door.

With a smooth motion Kireal lifted a flap on the side of the tent and stepped inside. He smirked as he recived a startled jump from the large dracon when he turned around. "I must apologize for my unseemly appearance, as well as the actions of our lord. My name is Kireal, and I come with greetings from the people of Romilath. My superior said many good things about your people from your scout, and I am honored to meet you."

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 28, 2008, 07:33:00 pm »

Imp overhears the Blood God's cries of distress, and lays back his ears in anger.

"Fer feck's sake Armok, y'see what happens when ye play with yer food?"

------

Upon hearing Kara's next question, Larika's blood ran cold. Did she dare divulge the location of her home? Even after all these people had done for her, could she be absolutely sure of their intentions? Instead, she told her the least she could get away with, but still she told the truth:

"My home of Zurinth lies on the edge of a great sea, far from here. To tell ye th' truth, I don' quite know where it is. Y'see, I'm a bit... lost. As for these..."

She reached up to touched the half-healed scar across her cheek. Instantly, she thought of that terrible place, those cruel beasts... her dearest Markus. It was all she could do to keep from breaking down right there.

"I... I don' really wanna talk about it..."

[ May 28, 2008: Message edited by: Impending Doom ]

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 28, 2008, 07:38:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Armok:
<STRONG>

((BTW, I have noticed people removing the ,s I replaced some .s whit, those indicate a trail of green glass shelters that you are VERY likely to come across if you ever go there, so they actually mean something.))
</STRONG>

((Then it would be a road then, a very simple road that will decay in around ten turns or so without anything maintaining it, but still a road. If it's not then the shelters alone are not worth mentioning enough to change the tile itself.))

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 28, 2008, 07:42:00 pm »

Vime rolled his eyes at Armok, the seemingly ever-present smile at his lips once again as he looked down on the board. "Regardless of what they discover Armok, it is still a piece on the board. If you fear they are too advanced we could just remove the tile they are on and chuck it in a bowl of sherbert. No need to touch them directly at all. I have plenty of spare mountain tiles."

Shifting his gaze onto the red kobold his smile grew wider and suddenly became very malicious, "Or, with your leave, I could give them my blessings."

Kara frowned as the struggling Iten attempted to clambor onto the bed without sucess, his sharp claws leaving small holes in the fabric. With a sigh she reached down and grabbed him by the top of his trousers, pulling the child up onto her lap. "Please, don't think of me as being rude. But we have a saying around here in Aveceleba: 'If you don't want to talk about it, you probably should.' I can understand your reticience, but..." Kara trailed off slightly, noting the sadness in her companion's eyes. "Oh... I know. Come with me, I'll show you the marketplace. You feel well enough to walk right? We'll find you a tailor to get some fresh clothing comissioned and can watch the riverboats. Later tonight I can introduce you to a few friends of mine from Mutheithru and we can plan an expedition to find your people, we'll even take out a few River Spirits and have a small party, we'd have enough people."

Kara stood on her back handpaws, reaching forward to take Larika's hand while exclaiming, "Burn it! We might even be able to set up a proper trade route if the rest of them are like you. Come on, you look like you could use a little something to take your mind off of whatever it is that happened..."

Ignoring the Valten's objections, she proceeded to drag the surpised Valten out the door.

[ May 28, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 28, 2008, 08:16:00 pm »

"Don't you see, that tile is locked. He has figured IT out, we might all be in danger.
Those !!elves!! have part human essence, and I don't need to remind you what that might mean..."

((I don't know how to solve this gametheoreticaly, maybe the idea was just bad. Basically I intended that he has begun to discover the same dangerous things that the humans had and affecting most of the various back stories, and even killed some gods, but in a much weaker form, and that he is a threat that might even leave the game board given time. ))

Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 28, 2008, 08:24:00 pm »

Larika reluctantly followed Karamara out of her room, avoiding the surprised glares of the guards posted outside her room. She asked the first question that came to her mind, trying to get away from the subject of her capture.

"Back there in the room, ah, with your legs... how did ye do that?"

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 28, 2008, 08:32:00 pm »

After overcoming his surprise he seemed a bit relieved, "I was thinking we must've been sent to the wrong place.  From my friends at the capital Lady Karamara was quite easy to get along with, while that ass of a lord ya have down there reminds me of some of the artolian nobles from our homeland."

After realizing what he said he apologized, "I'm sorry, My name is Añutamun.  I am from the southern part of our homeland, though I guess that don't matter much here.  I'm guessing your superior was the one to sign the ok on the work order then?  The messenger got it from somebody and it obviously wasn't yer lord." The green dracon offered Kireal a shot of spicy smelling alcohol while he spoke. "It's good stuff, just try not to drink too much, it will mess with yer head pretty quick."

EDIT: Minor Retcon.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 28, 2008, 08:53:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Greiger:
<STRONG>human nobles from our homeland.</STRONG>

((Was it just a misconception from me that humans in this RP was special and dangerous enemies of the gods that spread greedily across the multiverse breaking the natural state of things whit their above-scifi technology?

Also, I would consider saying that humans are the only ones whit actual tech above the intergalactic level and that "scifi" races are more like clever futuristic steampunk and really base some stuff on magic gotten from gods.

Have I completely misunderstood the setting?))

Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 28, 2008, 08:59:00 pm »

((My guys are from a custom AD&D setting, they have humans and elves and all that on their world. But they are standard fantasy humans, no high tech stuff from them.

The humans they know of seem very different from the ones the other races know.  In fact it is an important part of their backstory. Dracon lived primarily in caves until they encountered humans, and learned architecture and advanced metalworking from them. Youh is also from this AD&D world and from a different part of the multiverse.  He also knows nothing of these dangerous to gods humans.))

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 81