Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 81

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread  (Read 106418 times)

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread
« Reply #390 on: May 28, 2008, 11:00:00 am »

(aaaand... IM BACK!)

What happened last turn:

The oracle was finally there. After months of preparing himself he was now standing in the courtyard of the castle. In front of him loomed the massive stone doors of the temple. Turning around, he now saw the wooden doors of the keep, inside them would be Hrafn's throne room. And he had to see him to get access.

Walking through the keep doors The oracle entered the throne room of Hrafn. There he saw him, sitting in his throne comfortably, snapping the last of bones from his goat dinner, and sucking the marrow out of it. Then he looked up. "Why, if it isnt my sweet sweet advisor, My Oracle!" Frowning silently The oracle greeted "yes, yes its me. Now, i try to be brief and not disturb you, since you are obviously -busy-" Fiddling the bone thoughtfully Hrafn mused this, and finally answered "It is good that you fear to disturb your Superiors, but alas, im not that busy right now. Everything's going as planned, and my time is in abundance. You know, its funny that you should visit right now, as im just going to meet up with somebody in -Higher- position, and i thought: "god i wish my oracle was here, I could -really- do with his help." funny isnt it?" smiling to himself, Hrafn threw the bone to a very large white wolf laying next to his throne, which snatched it greedily from the air. With and expression of hatred The oracle responded "very funny. Now, i require that you give me the keys to that temple. I have pressing business on which you do NOT have to interfere." "Now now my oracle, we're friends arent we? yeees. I think im coming with you as your spiritual supporter, and since i have business inside the temple too, why not?" Shaking with anger oracle responded "Very well. We shall see then"
Hrafn stood up and walked to the doors, went through, and marched through the courtyard to the temple doors. Opening the doors he walked inside with The oracle trailing behind him.

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

Gron, the gate guard was playing cards in the gatehouse with the other giant on watch duty this week. "I've got color, what've you got?" he said from behind his cards "hmph... I've got pair." "HA! I win!" Gron was just going to pull away the coins from the table when he heard something, something that definately wasnt birds. "What was that?" "huh? what? i dinnae hear anything." "whatever... im gonna go check. Perhaps its something amusing."

Gron leaned over the palisade on the top of the gatehouse and peered down. He was just going to shrug his shoulders and go back in when his eyes catched the small reddish being down there. Now fully leaning over the palisade he shouted "OY! WHAT DO YE WANT?! ANSWER UP!"

The oracle was stunned by the glory of the temple and the miniature world in it.
He shook himself off and gazed forward, onto the great throne at the far end of the temple. There, sat his god, who spoke out. "Well if it isnt my oracle! Yes, before you ask, i say it. I pulled you here. I also commanded Hrafn here. And for one purpose i did so. I have long watched your maneuvers in this world, and im at doubt... Whom shall i make my ultimate champion? Will it be you, Oracle, you have cunning, strength, wisdom and obedience to my word in that frail body of yours. Or will it be Hrafn over there, who has done such a great feat like constructing this place and is overall, a very strong invidual. In short, i shall put you in a test of faith. It is a simple, so simple, test."
The oracle shivered at the thought but asked away. "What is this test o' grand god?" Smile crept onto Ukko's face on the question. "A true warrior needs to know everything there is to battle, even those things, that he must avoid. If he doesnt know, he fears the battle. Even if he's a bold champion, there is still a fear, a fear of Death. Show me that you have no fear." Suddenly, Hrafn and oracle noticed they were holding long, sleek daggers, edges cutting the air with the merest movement with a "whoooomph". The oracle stared at the dagger for few seconds, and then, he smiled. The time of his triumph had finally come! Finally, he would show that foolish idiot, Hrafn, WHO was true champion and servant of their god!
He lifted his head, nodded to his god and faced Hrafn. "Hrafn, the time has come. The time, when i shall finally ascend above you, as the right hand of the Grand God!" Hrafn nodded gravely and threw his dagger to the floor, where it stayed upright. The oracle laughed terribly and lifted the dagger with both hands... And thrusted. Hrafn looked at the slumping, bloody body. "Fool."
Ukko had watched and now spoke out. "Hrafn, are you coward? Do you not deserve the place as my right hand? I must say ye're in hurry." Hrafn grunted and lifted his head. "The true warrior has never died, and never will. Failed warrior is the one lying on his own blood" As he said the last sentence, he nodded to the body of the oracle. Then, Ukko laughed, long and booming laugh that shaked the temple. "I see that you are true warrior my dearest champion! Come, i have a... gift, for you." The god beckoned Hrafn to come closer and stood up himself. Then, he raised his hands. From the hands, burst lightingn. Blue from the right, red from the left. The blue lighting struck Hrafn, and the red one struck the oracles body on the ground. Then, the lightings joined, and something began to happen to the body. It was lifted from the ground until it stood upright. Suddenly, a scream came out of the bodys mouth, and a transparent and black, yet more wicked version of it started to pull itself out of the body. The ghost looked terrible, its gaunt features and and red blue eyes that struck lighting striked fear and it was all in all, fearsome sight. "WHAT HAVEEE YOUUUuuuu DONeee To MEEeee...!" Grinning, Ukko spoke to Hrafn "His wicked soul is now bound to you, it has mind and feelings of its own, but it is always bound to your will, and cannot resist it. Use it well."
Hrafn looked to the wraith of the former oracle and smiled. "Serves him right. That arrogant fool, who was he to think that he could contest the leadership from me?" With that, he walked out.

So were the happenings of the last turn.

Ragndir frowned to the expanding plains and raised his hand. "HALT! There is no reason to follow. They are obviously faster in this accursed terrain than we are and are too far away already. We'll make a camp here and see if something turns out in few weeks, if not, we're going home..." He took a look at north and was frustrated to see nothing but plains, plains and yet more plains. And the faraway forest. It was going to be long march ahead.

code:

♣♣│♣♣....⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
♣♣└≈≈─○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
.♣♣♣│⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
..⌂▲○▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
.⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂○┐..♣♣♣.⌂. ▲▲▲⌂⌂○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~⌂~~⌂⌂▲○▲ ▲▲⌂....└┐..♣♣♣♣♣ ⌂⌂⌂♣♣│♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲^▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~⌂▲│▲ ▲▲♣♣♣...≈≈....D♣ ♣...┌┘♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂⌂~~~⌂▲│▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣.≈≈≈≈..... ┌─┐.│...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂▲▲⌂~⌂⌂▲│▲ ▲▲⌂♣Z♣÷z≈≈└──┐.. │.└─≈≈─────○▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲┌┘▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣♣┌┘....└#─ ┘....≈...♣♣.⌂▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲┌┘▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣.│.....⌂↑↑ ........♣♣♣♣┌○▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂○⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲│══╗ ▲⌂⌂♣♣..│...⌂⌂#~↑ .........♣♣♣│⌂▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○▲▲╚ ═‼⌂...e│..⌂⌂~║~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│♣⌂▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~╠≡↑ ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐♣⌂ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲♥▲▲▲⌂e. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂÷≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣§
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐⌂ ⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å▲▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├v─Θ≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣§
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂│♣ ♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂...♣ ♣╔v╗♣♣.♣♣v....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..┌─┴─ ─┐≡≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂Å..Åç♣♣ ╔╝≈╚╗♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈♣≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘...~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○──┘.⌂♣ ♣└≈≈≈⌂⌂....┌─≡── Θ≈≈≈v─v═Θ♣♣...≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈...P~~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..⌂⌂⌂ ♣♣≈≈δ─────X┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣..÷≈≈≈ ≈☻≈≈≈≈≈...⌂£.~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂... .♣♣♣δ..♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≡↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~. .♣♣..♣.♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ »≈≈≈ΩΩ⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~ .♣♣♣..R..♣♣♣♣♣.. Φ♣♣♣♣⌂⌂⌂$»≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑⌂▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~ .♣....♣.ç..♣♣..Φ Φ♣♣.t¥♥t≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂~~~~~~~~~ .....≡.......... .....⌂⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈»¥⌂▲♀..♀.▲⌂⌂~↑
⌂⌂~~≈≈≈≈≈↑↑⌂⌂~~~ ↑....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈
~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲▲▲ ⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.¥.»≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~~
≈≈≈↑↑≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂⌂ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂¥═¥≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~
≈≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈.↑≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲↑↑~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈.≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑⌂⌂▲♥⌂~~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂▲▲⌂~

(woah... that was quite the monster. Since it seems to be another trend, i maybe putting up more information about the civ later.)

[ May 28, 2008: Message edited by: Nhiphanter ]

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: May 28, 2008, 11:37:00 am »

((Is it just me or is there a third level of this RP, one that is not about a game, but about how the divine and magical forces of both "good" and "evil" unite against a common enemy: A mankind who have stopped being afraid of imagined gods and made real gods afraid of him.? A tale about how at the face of technology powered greed even cruelty and altruism can seem to have things in common?
[/deep rant]))

[ May 28, 2008: Message edited by: Armok ]

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 28, 2008, 11:51:00 am »

Cenna fought to control her shivering as the gross face of the giant appeared out of the gatehouse, it's terrible bald face large enough to easily take a sizable chunk out of her flesh had it the inclination. Easily more than triple her size, it's large cold eyes stared down at her... no past her, it hadn't properly seen her yet, she had been too small for it to register her at first. She could still get away!

Roughly the woodcutter shook herself, dispelling the notion. To run away now would be foolish, earning her ridicule for leaving her companion if she didn't return with something useful. With a determined quiver she rose one forepaw and called out again to the creature in the common tounge, louder this time so it could hear her voice.  "Hail to the camp and your people! My name is Cenna Thapasi. I've come to speak to your leaders about a possible trade agreement with my people!"

((Well, last I knew Heph was copying the posts without OOC into a PDF file in both german and english. However, tonight I will begin a notepad file of my own to keep track of what happens. Thank you for the link Akroma.))

[ May 28, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 28, 2008, 02:07:00 pm »

Larika stared for a moment at the pair, this odd talking vixen and her kit. She groped about awkwardly for words.

"well, I, ah, thank you for yer hospitality (could you really call it that? she thought, They've bound me like a prisoner), and I'm glad t'be here, I s'pose, but, if y'don' mind me askin', where exactly is here?"

Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 28, 2008, 03:37:00 pm »

Kara frowned as she considered how to phrase her answer to Larika's question. Although she had explored a great deal of the wilderness, much of the land outside of Aveceleba had not yet been mapped. "Well, we are in the capital Aveceleba." Kara repeated patiently, "The traders who found you did not mention exactly where you came from when they found you. In fact, they were terrfied of you. You were lucky that they were willing to bind your wounds and bring you here in the first place"

Scratching her head carefully, Kara repeted the maps she had been studying that had come down the river on the new trade route, struggling slightly to remember the names that her people had given the river "We're situated near the center of the, along the banks of the Lathmimale River, which continues onward to the ocean far to the north east of here, eventually bordering on the desert where our tentative allies and trade partners, the Dracon people, live."

"To the west of here along the Lathmimale  is Liliaceleba, founded in my absense by a group of brave souls led by Roam Beresino (Roam Longman), and to the east a small group has just left earlier this year to found an outpost at the mouth of the river. I can only assume, since you are in neither of those directions, that your people are either to the south of us, along the likely coast of the ocean, or to the north in the mountains that I spotted when travelling."

Finished, kara sat on the edge of the bed and looked Larika in the eyes uncomfortably, "I've been instructed to keep you tied for this interrogation, since the lords consider you an unknown creature and potentially dangerous. However, I dislike that idea." Restlessly her left hand went to her hip, fingering the cloth in a manner that suggested that the Vulpin was accustomed to some sort of knife there. The hand groped at nothing, before returning to it's place on her knee with a self-consions speed. "If I can get your word you will not try to escape or cause any trouble I would prefer to cu.. to untie your bindings and talk to you in a way that is more comfortable for us both. You see fiendly enough to trust at least that far, seeing as you havn't tried to attack me in spite of the ropes."

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 28, 2008, 04:02:00 pm »

The Godforsaken Forest Day 100

The trees are thinning out and the ground is finally bcoming hillyer  Soon we will be out of this evil place. The squirrels have been collecting large seeds off of the ground.  No doubt they are planning to use them as part of some diabolical weapon against us.  I have begun collecting them as well, to prevent the squirrels from getting them.

-_-_-_-_-_-_

"Yes, sir. This is where I belive we should set up." The ranger wasn't questioning why Silvak was carrying a pack full of acorns but he had his sword drawn and was eyeing the forest warily for most of the trip and it seemed unwise to ask.

The group was on top of a large hill.  It was still technically within the forest but the trees seemed to have difficulty growing on the rocky hill.  There was a small brook flowing around the base as well.  The edge of the forest could be seen a few miles to the north

Silvak eyed the location, "I still think we should go farther north farther away from the dangers of the forest, but this wouldbe a good logging outpost.  We should focus on a palisade first however, the dire squirrels could be planning to attack soon."

The ranger sighed, "Sir, I told you, there's no such thi-"

"How often have you been in forests?" Silvak asked.

"Well not very often but enough to know that there is no such thing as a dire squirrel."

"That's what they want us to think."

The ranger gave up on the squirrel argument, and walked off to inform the woodcutter on the building priorities.  The commander wasn't the first dracon with a fear of forests. It is slightly disturbing to not be able to take to the sky in case of a dangerous enemy.  But he probably was the only one to fill 50 pages of a military log with hypothetical combat tactics against non-existent evil rodents.

code:
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~⌂~~⌂⌂▲○▲ ▲▲⌂....└┐..♣♣♣D♣ ⌂⌂⌂♣♣│♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲^▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~⌂▲│▲ ▲▲♣♣♣...≈≈....♣♣ ♣...┌┘♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂○⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲│══╗ ▲⌂⌂♣♣..│...⌂⌂#~↑ .........♣♣♣│⌂▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○▲▲╚ ═‼⌂...e│..⌂⌂~║~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│♣⌂▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~╠÷≡ ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐♣⌂ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲♥▲▲▲⌂e. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂║≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣§
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐⌂ ⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å▲▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├v─Θ≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣§

OOC)With the completion of the road dracon caravans are going to start start showing up at Oceantrades with iron ore and stone, they will also trade small inexpensive stone crafts and other such things to the general public, if they are allowed.

[ May 28, 2008: Message edited by: Greiger ]

[ May 28, 2008: Message edited by: Greiger ]

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 28, 2008, 04:43:00 pm »

((Was it my turn to take the cats today?
If so, Kira does drink, all of it, after almost no hesitation.

I am writing this In word, and I just discovered it has gotten rather long, so I’ll just split it up int two posts and post the first now and continue writing.))

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~⌂~~⌂⌂▲○▲ ▲▲⌂....└┐..♣♣♣♣♣ ⌂⌂⌂♣♣│♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲^▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~⌂▲│▲ ▲▲♣♣♣...≈≈....D♣ ♣...┌┘♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂○⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲‼══╗ ▲⌂⌂♣♣..│...⌂⌂#~↑ .........♣♣♣│⌂▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○▲▲╚ ═‼⌂,,,,e..⌂⌂~║~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│♣⌂▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~╠≡↑ ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐♣⌂ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲♥▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂÷≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣§
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐⌂ ⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å▲▲▲e... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├v─Θ≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣§

Efil-inira: 56 !!elves!! (Village) (+4 since last turn)
Ariquemera: 9 !!elves!! (Outpost) (+9 since last turn)
In armies/expeditions: 2 !!elves!!
Other: 5 working/travelling between Ariquemera and Efil-inira.
Total: 75 !!elves!! (Two scouts out, The 11 remaining are spread out over the tunnels, digging etc.)

((Fothacema continues east. Iranineleni continues south-west and spots the easternmost giant settlement.
Ariquemera is founded.

Various projects are begun in Ariquemera:
A floodgate contraption that can flush the mines between A. and E. whit pressurized boiling water at will by those in Ariquemera whit the help from a underground spring that was found. Usage of this is hard to control and very likely to cause much damage in Efil-inira when it gets there unless turned of. !!Elves!! will freeze to death in water, even boiling water. Construction of this took much of the turn, but was due to the placement of the found spring very easy considered the benefit, that’s my excuse for it taking only one turn.
A stairway was dug upwards until ground was reached (Ariquemera lies approximately 3 km straight below a medium high mountain peak), and construction was begun on tower. The tower is currently circular ca 20m in diameter, was ca 1m thick, made from solid edgeless obsidian (I’ll just assume most rocks are silicon based and so they BECOME obsidian after the !!elves!! melt it.) and clad whit 10cm of iron for the lowest 10m, there is no door, the only way to get in is from underground. Due to the split workforce and huge scale they have actually only gotten the firs metre or so of the walls constructed.
There has also been construction of housing and various infrastructure, mostly whit windows n over the magma flow.))

List of important people:
Acathiima, (former?) hero and leader of Efil-inira: Legendary organizer, skilled bow!!elf!!
Ilecaaye, ground-breaking geologist (and new hero?): grand-master miner, grand legendary geologist, talented metalworker, master chemist, skilled mechanic.
Fothacema, scout/diplomat: professional scout, skilled ranger, talented diplomat
Iranineleni, lawyer: professional lawyer, professional diplomat, skilled organizer, novice politician, dabbling jackass, dabbling scout.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

((I got an idea, why not make it a globe? Well actually a Klein bottle kinda, but anyways.))

[CODE]
__⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂________ ________________ ________________ _

Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 28, 2008, 04:43:00 pm »

Kireal was woken by the thump of hammers and the songs of masons in the distance. Blerily he opened one eye, lifting his front left handpaw from it's place on the back of the woman whom he had met in the last night to shield his face from the sun. For a moment he reveled in the sound, happily considering what a massive stone building would be constructed out of such a noise.

Suddenly Kireal started into full alertness as he remembered something disturbing, Romilath only had three masons! "The hells!" The vulpinan leader called out, disturbing the waith in his bed as he raced to the window, his front right handpaw clutching the only cover he had for his bed as he stared out at the sight before him.

Far away on the horizen a dozen winged beasts were constructing a highway, flying massive blocks of stone out of the nearby mountains into the rocky hills that covered the region northeast of the city. With percision under the gaze of a hard-eyed overseer they laid each block into a wide foundation, carving a precise road into the rough counrtyside. As he watched, four more blocks were quickly and precisly laid, two masons filling the cracks between them with a thick pasge while the rest winged away to get another set of blocks.

"Burn it!" He cursed, turning around and grabbing a pair of breeches and a tunic. Rapidly the Vulpinan leader dressed, throwing the blanket to quiet the plaintive cries of his mistriess and grabbing the steel rapier that hung above the door to his bedroom as he raced out to the stables.

~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~

Kireal and his six bodyguards mounted their war wolves, reaching the dracons in good time. Each of the vulpinan's at his side were well-trained with their short spears, currently held in such a way so as to not to disturb their mounts movements too much. Kireal himself shone like a beacon in the sun, the silver that lined his riding jacket glimmering in sharp contrast to the leathers of his companions. Within the day they reached the Dracon camp, thier mounts panting with the speed that had been put upon them.

Without any introduction he charged up the work site, ignoring the startled cries of the dracon's around him as he approached the leader of the workgroup, . "You! State your business here! This is the territory of Romilath, and we will not tolerate any invasive building in our land. Leave at once!"

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 28, 2008, 04:49:00 pm »

quote:

((I got an idea, why not make it a globe? Well actually a Klein bottle kinda, but anyways.))

code:

▓ = Glacier.

((at any of the northernmost and southernmost rows characters would count as being in the same square, and be able to move to any of them.
As you can see I duplicated a piece of map to both edges so it would be easier to make my example map, this illustrates how it would warp that way to.
I am bad at explaining this.))
((This map is just a bad example for the concept, it might be better to have some other actual content of the new regions, or make it bigger to get some symmetry. Actually I wouldn’t really want this unimaginative content of it but I didn’t want to put more effort into what is probably a bad idea anyways
Also this is just a random idea and I wont be particularly sad if it isn’t accepted.))
((I just discovered it looks weird when I paste it into the forum, but it shouldn't be a big problem and it is possible to figure it out quite fast.))[/QB]

(( The world is currently too small for that. Right now we have a good portion of one continent ready (with many parts unexplored. The mountain range really isn't that HUGE. I'm just lazy about putting in pieces of the map we'll never reach.

If this continues and expands to the point where we have multiple continents then I'll have no problem making the map wrap around.

Greiger, I forgot to post the Romilath reaction to the scouts. However, I'm planning to have it that the "Benevolant Overlord" of Romilath never actually met with the scouts, but rather one of his aids did. Obviously the dracon scout, his message delivered and apparently recived, would have left immediatly. This leads to the current dictator of Romilath being very suprised and angry to find a large group of dragons at his doorstep.

Hope you don't mind too much. ^-*))

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 28, 2008, 04:56:00 pm »

Kira swallowed the liquid in the cup in one gulp and immediately collapsed. Shraal could hear muffled laughter from the Thelash. Of course it was rather hard to swallow fermented blood with forest herbs. Even dwarves from the old world had trouble not collapsing after two cups. Later they said they experienced prophetic dreams sent by their gods, or some other sort of nonsense.

Shraal was about to drink another cup when he felt an icy aura. He noticed a familiar-looking Thelash on the other end of the table, staring at him. Shraal left the table; so did the other. They met near the entrance to Shraal's tower, which was within a few minutes walk from the main festival.

"You should really avoid these kinds of jokes. That nearly started a war in the old world. The elves did not like it, as far as historians say." said the figure.

"It's not my fault she insisted on staying through Shadowfall."

"You could at least have warned her. Now I'll have to settle things with her goddess. She has been understanding so far, I hope she remains this way."

"Now, could you explain what you are doing here ? I thought you agreed on staying with the gods and leaving us to our devices."

"I'm only here for Shadowfall. It feels boring up there. The other gods have no knowledge of real entertainment. They think it is fun to play with the lives of mortals."

"How many other races are there in this world ?"

"You don't expect me to answer that, do you ? However, I'll ask you a favor. If a silver-furred, one-eyed, humanoid fox ever comes here, offer hospitality to him."

"If he is friendly, we will. Though know that it is not because you ask, but because of the old tradition of the Thelash. If he brings trouble however..." Shraal let that sentece trail off.

Shelesh saluted him and returned to his table. When he was out of earshot Shraal said, in a low voice.

"Sometimes I wish you had taken another path, Shadowmaster."

With that he returned to his place. While he was gone Thlash and Helesh had moved Kira to her quarters. It was unlikely that she would wake up for the next two days. Blood was really strong.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: May 28, 2008, 05:16:00 pm »

The overseer looked a little confused then hollered "Ten minute break!" to the workers, then grabbed a paper with technical information and building schematics off of a nearby toolbox.

After glancing through the papers he said, "This be Romilith right?" he mispronounced the name of the town slightly, "I was told th' trade relations have been established by a Vulpinian ambassador. A Lady..." he struggles a bit to get the pronunciation right, "Karamara? Once th' trade deal was done I received orders ta build this here road."

After reading the Vulpinian's expression he adds, "Says here that a messenger was sent and received and no objections were reported..." He then hands over an official looking document, with many unfamiliar seals and wording, like that document gave all the explanation in the world.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 28, 2008, 05:19:00 pm »

((This wasn't even a double post, but a forum error.
Maybe that move isn't such a bad idea after all...  :roll: ))

Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 28, 2008, 05:20:00 pm »

((This wasn't even a double post, but a forum error.
Maybe that move isn't such a bad idea after all...  :roll: ))

Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 28, 2008, 05:42:00 pm »

"Oi, alright, I promise.", Larika responded as she vainly attempted to sit up. These people, Vulpins, did she say? They seemed friendly enough: after all, they had taken the time to dress her wounds, and give hersome decent lodgings, and food...

At this thought, Larika became aware of an empty feeling in the pit of her stomach.

"Aah, Kara, was it? You wouldn' happen t'have anythin' to eat on ye, would ye?"

Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: May 28, 2008, 05:45:00 pm »

((Istarian, Iten's fur is a bronze-gold, not silver. Armok's blessing has caused his skin to take on a neigh-impregnable silvery sheen.

Either way, you don't need to cut flesh to harm a creature. He'll still be quite vunerable to maces, hammers, and to a lesser degree to swords and spear (since they really do have a lot of force behind them. His skin may not split, but he can still get broken bones and crushed organs.))

Kireal snarled as he looked at the document, quickly parsing it before tossing it to the dry ground. "My signature isn't on this! And I've never heard of this lady  Karamara in my life. All projects in and involving the lands around Romilath are supposed to be brought before me for approval. You cannot continue your..." He stopped for a moment to give the construction a scornful look, "...path here until then. Desist your construction now or else we will be forced to take drastic measures."

~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~

Kara laughed as she quietly untied the thickly knotted rope, passing the bindings over Larika's hands swiftly. "Our doctor had some food brought in for you while you slept. It's over on the table. We were not certain weather you preferred meat, fish, or fruit so there is a bit of a variety.

Indeed, while she used her forepaws to free the valtan's hands she pointed towards a nearby table with her rear handpaw, where a very large platter covered with a strong clay lid sat. When Kara finished with the ropes she allowed the Valtan to untie her own feet, lifting the lid slightly so that the steam of the well-roasted meal wafted across the room. The platter was filled with red berries, several smoked fish, and a few slices of groundhog meat sat uptop a sprig of seasoning herbs.

"So, I suppose my first question for you would be what is your name?"

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 81