Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 81

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread  (Read 106401 times)

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread
« Reply #300 on: May 23, 2008, 06:23:00 pm »

(( The sick phase could be removed, and the injured phase could just be replaced by straight-up losses. However, I do want people to use forced marches, especially since it's a good means for a military group to travel quickly.

code:

Turn of Forced March: Effect on Group
=========================
1st                 : No effect
2nd                 : Exhaused
3rd                 : Injury
4th                 : Army collapses  

Exhaused: This group fights poorly untill they end a turn in a settlement or do not move for a turn.
Injury : This group has lost half of it's combat effectivness to injury and death.
Army Collapse: This group has disbanded, the few survivors no longer are willing to fight for their civ.  

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 23, 2008, 06:25:00 pm »

Nietzsche was having a very bad day.  It had all started with the report of one of the scouts returning.  There was something very unusual happening in the forest to the north-west.  The scout had reported a mass migration of almost every type of animal away from that direction.  In his opinion, there was something coming that way that killed basically everything that moved.  It was the only explanation.  Fire would have produced smoke, and anything else would have left some wounded or infected to straggle along with the survivors.  Something was coming to BuigendRiet; something very dangerous was on their doorstep.

Nietzsche, when he heard that report, immediately remembered the last message from Riet.  How could he have known?  Moreover, what was coming?  Nietzsche was somewhat frightened.  However, it was the next report that really struck fear into his heart.  Word had been sent from Westengebied: one of their scouts had been in contact with Riet.  Apparently, the hero was coming back from the west, and there was a small group with him.  Nietzsche was sure that Riet knew who had destroyed his messages.  By sheer luck, they had come into Nietzsche's hands, and he had ignored them both.  Riet would undoubtedly be angry; who knew what he would do?

These thoughts raced through Nietzsche's head, as he tried to figure out a solution.  One came to him.  Riet was to the west, and the unidentified danger was to the north-west.  Nietzsche would simply follow Riet's orders.  He would assemble the people and move out: to the east.  That would lead them away from Riet, and away from the danger.  With any luck, Riet would perish by whatever threatened Buigend Riet.  He would become a martyr, and Nietzsche would be a hero for saving the Ipetian people.  It was perfect.  Nietzsche was glad that he had sent an expedition east.  They would welcome the Ipetians from the capital.

Nietzsche asked several messengers to spread the word.  "The wind blows, and the reed bends."  Within two weeks, the Ipetian people would be together; ready to move.

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂○┐..♣♣♣.⌂. ▲▲▲⌂⌂○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~⌂~~⌂⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂....└┐..♣♣♣♣♣ ⌂⌂⌂♣♣│♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲^▲▲
▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲♣♣♣...≈≈....♣♣ ♣...┌┘♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂⌂~~~⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣.≈≈≈≈..... ┌─┐.│...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂▲▲⌂~⌂⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣♣z≈≈└──┐.. │.└─≈≈─────○▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣♣┌┘....└#─ ┘....≈...♣♣.⌂▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣.│.....⌂↑↑ ........♣♣♣♣┌○▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲⌂⌂♣♣..│...⌂⌂#~↑ .........♣♣♣│⌂▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ═‼e....│..⌂⌂~÷~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~~↑↑ ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂▲

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲♥▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂~≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣§
⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å▲▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├──Θ≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣§
♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂...♣ ♣♣v♣♣♣.♣♣│....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
♣.⌂≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂Å≡..♣♣♣ ╔╝≈♣╗♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈♣≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘...~
♣♣≈≈≈⌂⌂....┌──X─ Θ≈≈≈v─v═Θ♣♣...≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈...K~~~~
..≈≈δ──────┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣..c≈≈≈ ≈☻≈≈≈≈≈..pP⌂⌂.~~
..♣♣δ..♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≡↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣..♣.♣♣ç♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ »≈≈≈ΩΩ⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣♣.....♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣♣c⌂⌂⌂$≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑⌂▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
.♣....♣.R..≡♣... Φ♣♣..¥^⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
................ .....♥⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲♀..♀.▲⌂⌂~↑
.....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈»≈≈⌂▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.¥.»≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~~
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂¥═¥≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲↑↑~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑⌂⌂▲▲⌂~~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂▲▲⌂~  

[OOC: So for the second part of my turn, I combine the entire populations of BuigendRiet, Zuidengebied, and Westengebied into one, very large, migrant group.  In total, it has somewhere around 140 Ipetians (one town at 95, one hamlet at 35, and one outpost at 10, all approximate numbers).

Nhiphanter, you cant really, "start moving more stealthily" and "look out for ANY movement, and, eliminate it."  That's like waging total war in stealth mode: it doesn't work.  Also, I know your giants are great fighters, but I don't think you have enough to eliminate Everything that moves in a forest.  I mean, your fortress was at 25 population when they left, so it can't be a group of more than, what, 10?  Congratulations on first special place, though.

Jamini, I mentioned my position on forced marches on page 12, right before you took your turn.  I'll move it here:
Regarding your former post on forced marches.  I think it's a good idea.  However, I would like to give my Ipetian civilian groups the ability.  Since they were/are a nomadic people, it only makes sense that the civilians could travel faster on the move if needed.  However, civilian groups can only go to the exhausted stage.  After that, it is physically impossible for them to force march.  Military groups have the normal rules applied, though.]

[ May 23, 2008: Message edited by: Frelock ]

All generalizations are false....including this one.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 23, 2008, 06:40:00 pm »

((Edit: You moved it. -.-

Sounds fair to me. Your reasoning is sound and it fits with your backstory.

However, I don't know what you plan to do when you get trapped between the Tengu and the Giants...

The Giants are indeed numbering ten. However, I wouldn't be suprised if they were ten elite soldiers capable of taking on three times their number in an even fight of most non-military race. That is not to say that I would attack a captial with that group, but certainly they could be a big threght to smaller outposts and hamlets.))

[ May 23, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 23, 2008, 06:43:00 pm »

((That I did.  Sorry about the mix-up.  I think the forum post times vary somewhat. (as in, it takes 2 minutes for you to see what I just edited) Also, there was a small typo where I put 11 when I meant to say 12.

I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

See the completion of my turn to find out what I did with those outposts.  Three times their number eh?  Better odds than what I was thinking.  I was putting it at 5 to 1.))

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 23, 2008, 06:46:00 pm »

((That was evil, I spent ten minutes searching for it. >.> ))

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 23, 2008, 06:57:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Frelock:
<STRONG>((That I did.  Sorry about the mix-up.  I think the forum post times vary somewhat. (as in, it takes 2 minutes for you to see what I just edited)

I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

See the completion of my turn to find out what I did with those outposts.  Three times their number eh?  Better odds than what I was thinking.  I was putting it at 5 to 1.))

[ May 23, 2008: Message edited by: Frelock ]</STRONG>

((It's just the naitive delay of attempting to communicate in a sychronous way in an asychronous environment. I saw exactly what you did with your outposts and I found it interseting to say the least.

I havn't updated the main page to reflect your move yet. If you so chose you could probably smash the giant raiding party, abait with some pretty nasty losses after they got though your screen of arrows. Regardless, since they are not very hard to miss avoiding them may be the best option for your civ in the long run.

Militarily, how strong are the Ipetians now anyway? I'm sort of curious.))

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 23, 2008, 07:28:00 pm »

((Ipetian military 101:
Militarily, Ipetians are not very strong.  Like Riet mentioned, their military consists of officers who are trained in communication and tactics.  This gives them a very good understanding of what's going on in the battlefield.  However, the main fighting force of the Ipetians is the universal militia, where every man, woman, and child old enough to draw a bow will fight.  While everyone has training, no one is trained for very long, save the officers.  Therefore, protracted engagements spell doom for any Ipetian army.  

One of the things you have to realize is that every Ipetian has the legs of a deer, effectively making them a light cavalry unit.  This gives them the speed which is their advantage, but they are lightly armed and so have little power behind them.  The basic Ipetian weaponry is a composite bow with wooden arrows that have no arrowheads, merely a sharpened point, or several light throwing spears which can also be used in close combat.  Unarmed, their punches are a little less than human strength, while their kicks are slightly better, with hooves which cause painful bruises.  Armor, if worn at all, is made of leather.  The main piece of armor is a leather shirt which protects the chest.

Their standard tactic isn't really a hit and run, it's more of a run and hit.  They retreat until the enemy is spread out, and then strike at its weak points.  The goal is to completely destroy the enemy in one, fell swoop.  Due to their impressive battlefield communications and speed, they are able to coordinate many small groups in order to achieve this goal.  They rely on confusion and fear to kill the enemy, rather than sheer strength.  

However, if the enemy is a small, strong group, say 10 Giants, then there is little confusion on the enemy's side and so most standard Ipetian tactics won't work.  In this particular instance, they do what many savanna hunters will do: try to draw one out of the pack, and then jump on that one.  If this is impossible, they will scatter and attack the enemy from all angles.))

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 23, 2008, 07:48:00 pm »

"Worshipping him? I am older then him and i know him, i talk to him from time to time and trust me being the "Hero" of an God isnt as fun as you may think. Sure you may think "He gave you immortality, thank him for that" but i earned my immortality through my blood not his divine powers. Actually i am his slave, his pet if you like that comparison. I am bound to his command and thats why i hate him and never again you, Graed, shall ask me about Issha because you dont even try to understand. For your other questions. The Humans have slaughtered our gods by treachery and Technologies. They started the war with theyr machines genetics and stuff ... i think that words doesnt have any representation in this world yet lets for instant say they have altered theyr appearance by science and not by any mystical hoppy floppy. You have to understand that an God is more or less Mortal if he appears in an mortal body. You cant poison them or kill them with an sword but you can annihilate them if you gather enough energy, you can scatter theyr Minds and Materia over multiple universes or you can drain theyr power so they become real Mortals again. Anyway the humans first kill was Ternion the god of steel friendship and skill. He had belonged to a race Dragons and i am named after him. The Humans have caught him in a fierce battle between his brood and the theyr machines. They had trapped the Land they were fighting in by using some sort of energy field that had cutted Ternions link to the upper spheres so that he couldnt gather new energy to do his wonders. At the end of the battle more then 1000 big Dragons were killed and Ternion was in chains. They had tortured him and his cries reached his fiance Lara a goddess of love and fertility. They were killed both that day Ternion by the Humans and Lara by suicide. her wrath had wiped out the Mountainrange where the research base of the Humans was build under as she found his dead body. The story goes so on many years and one by one the Gods were falling because they were selfish, fast to anger or opportunists who never had cared if someone dies."

[ May 23, 2008: Message edited by: Heph ]

[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

CaptainBlood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 23, 2008, 07:49:00 pm »

((Thanks for the update Jamini, I was confused about the settlement advancements. Also, I think the forced march is a great idea and I'm all for it.))

Hanabira smiled at Shelesh, her worries somewhat abated for the time. She was well familiar with the old phrase, "curiosity killed the cat."
"Thats good," she chuckled, "I'll make sure she doesn't try to 'borrow' anything again."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>< ><><>

There was a river up ahead. After spending the last three months wondering around the plains, Kira thought following the river to the north would save a lot of effort. She still had her fishing pole after all, and she couldn't wait to catch a nice big trout. The plants and small creatures she lived off of since she ran out of rations were not very appetizing.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>< ><><>

Maki sat in her office with the population census on her desk. Both the western outpost of Tamuro and Oakvale had large population increases in just the last 6 months.
She tried to focus on the huge stack of work orders in her inbox but her thoughts drifted to Kira who had now been gone for nearly 2 years. Hopefully, she was okay. Maki had a strong liking toward Kira even before she was granted that so-called "gift".

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ═‼e....│..⌂⌂~÷~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲♥▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂~≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣§
♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂...♣ ♣♣v♣♣♣.♣♣│....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
♣.⌂≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂Å≡..♣♣♣ ╔╝≈♣╗♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈♣≈≈≈≈≈≈─K...~
♣♣≈≈≈⌂⌂....┌──X─ Θ≈≈≈v─v═Θ♣♣...≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈....~~~~
..≈≈δ──────┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣..c≈≈≈ ≈☻≈≈≈≈≈..pP⌂⌂.~~
.♣♣..♣.♣♣ç♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ »≈≈≈ΩΩ⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~

Kinsebs£r - Oakvale        : E Mountain-valley      : Koneko    : Town
Loka                       : NW of Oakvale          : Koneko    : Hamlet
Tamuro                     : W of Loka              : Koneko    : Hamlet

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 23, 2008, 08:11:00 pm »

((I just feel I need to post SOMETHING for some reason...
I think about all the different suggested rules for forced march sound fine.

Hmm, 11 turns until my scout/diplomat reaches the dessert... about 2.5 years... can that really be correct? I cant get it under 8 turns no matter how I count... Are not elves supposed to be extremely fast? [more random rambling]))
(Edit: Posting stuff like this might be a sign I should go to bed...)

[ May 23, 2008: Message edited by: Armok ]

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 23, 2008, 08:47:00 pm »

((Overland travel without roads and such takes a LONG time Armok. Look at how long it takes a person to travel across the US on foot. It takes a year and a half minimum, and there are roads every step of the way. Qute frankly, you will *not* cross untrekked wilderness very fast at all.

If you want to, you can force march that elf every other turn with no ill effects. Provided the current ideas for forced marches are accepted. That would increase your speed by 50% overall (as well as the speed of every hero and notable non-migrant group on the board)))

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 23, 2008, 08:56:00 pm »

Well the us is from east to west 4500 Km says wikipedia. If you are traveling 25 (i have done that in less then 4 Hours) Km each day you have to travel an half year. Lets say Armok one turn is 2-3 Months not one year or so.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 23, 2008, 11:32:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Heph:
<STRONG>Well the us is from east to west 4500 Km says wikipedia. If you are traveling 25 (i have done that in less then 4 Hours) Km each day you have to travel an half year. Lets say Armok one turn is 2-3 Months not one year or so.</STRONG>

((You are assuming straight-line travel. Overland is anything but. It took two healthy (british) men 280 days (approx) to cross the US. Granted, they were only covering an average of 20 miles a day (more in the flatlands, fewer in the mountains) and they did not travel much during the depths of winter (they were near the rocky mountains at the time, and travelling across them is very dangerous during the winter.). Still much of this was over relitivly tamed land, though fields and passing though towns. Not a wilderness that hasn't even seen a human, elf, or what have you, before.
http://www.walkingthestates.com/faq.asp  <- More info here on traveling the states.

Either way, as I said before she can forced march to cut the time down by a third overall. And every turn really does seem to only be a few months.

Again, if we want to speed up overland movement all I need to do is get enough people telling me we should. The arguments are quite compelling as it is.))

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 24, 2008, 12:48:00 am »

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ═‼e....│..⌂⌂~║~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲♥▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂/≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣§
♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂...♣ ♣╔v♣♣♣.♣♣│....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
♣.⌂≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂Å≡..♣♣♣ ╔╝≈╚╗♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈♣≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘...~
♣♣≈≈≈⌂⌂..<.┌X─── Θ≈≈≈v─v═Θ♣♣...≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈...K~~~~
..≈≈δ──────┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣..c≈≈≈ ≈☻≈≈≈≈≈..≡P⌂.~~~
.♣♣..♣.♣ç♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ »≈≈≈ΩΩ⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~

((Greiger, I'm prettys sure you'll want to write about the summoning of the bird. Right now i've moved the group that is on the back of the summon's back, but I won't way anything on it ,

Heph, I'll keep moving the boat as well for this turn. However my current post  is still in turn 8)

Graed paused for a moment, stunned at the Ter's rebuke. "I..." he began self-consiously, fighting to keep his ears from falling flat in shame.

"I found it!" Cenna's bright voice came, inturrupting the archer's as she brought out a wooden cage containing a large, vibrant dragonfly. ((I think this is what you mean, if i'm wrong let me know). "It's right where you said it was sir Ter." she continued as she vaulted neatly between the two boats, coming to a rest befor the Roshani. "Here you are, one dragonfly"

Noting Ter's taict assurance of a job well done, the vulpinan woman glowed with pleasure, her face turned into a such a bright smile that Graed's eyes immediatly tightened distrustfully. "Cenna, empty your pockets." Graed's voice brok her smile, drawing a look of confusion and fear, "Wh...what Graed?"

The soldier's expression hardened, ignoring the protest from their companion as he gripped his bow tightly with his right hand and grabbed Cenna's arm, "You heard me. By the authority of the Lilaceleben Gaurd, empty your pockets."

The river was silent except for the trickle of water across the bow of the ship as the vulpinan's ears flattened to her skull and her tail sunk down far below her back. Sheepisly she reached into the many pockets in her harness and began pulling out numerous coins and metal trinkets from them. Many of which Graed recognized from Ter's Pirogue.

Many more objects joined those that were on the bottom of the flatboat, several of which Graed recognized as either his own, Ter's, or belonging to other owners back at Liaceleba. After several minutes the deed was done.

"Cenna, grab your own belongings and get out of my sight." the soldier said in disgust as he looked at the pile of stolen trinkets, the digits on his hindlimb pulling free his own belongings. A small, intracatly-carved perch bone bracelet and a small, excellently carved oaken idol of a female vulpin holding a child. Behind him he heard the faint sob of the woodworker as she rounded the large pile of wood that was stacked high in the middle of the boat.

"That, is why I didn't follow your request." Graed said roughly at Ter's inquiring look, his voice choked slightly as he turned away and watched the water flow around the prow of the boat. "After all, only a fool trusts a Vulpinan."

Turn 9

With a grin Vime glanced over towards Liliaceleba and the tiny boats drifting away from it, his eyes alight with interest. To the east of the settlement the roads between Aveceleba and Liliaceleba grew towards each other, the ends nearly connecting as the first merchants reached both towns.

"Do you think the giants will notice the messanger animal Issha? Even more importantly, will they be able to take it down before it's out of range?" He asked nonchalantly, taking little notice of the conversation of his diciples below.

[ May 24, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 24, 2008, 01:29:00 am »

Nietzsche was quit pleased.  The Ipetians had been moving east at a good pace, and there had been no more dissent about helping Riet.  At first, quite a few had said that they should go back to help him, but Nietzsche had calmed their fears.  "Riet is the oldest and wisest of us all.  He knows how to take care of himself.  He is swift, and likely is only a week behind us.  However, we must worry about our progress.  The question is, are we moving fast enough?"  That had been enough to quell most of the dissent.  They all recognized the wisdom in not helping where help was not needed, especially if they might die from doing so.  

Nietzsche was constantly amazed at how sprinkling a little truth into a lie could make the lie far more convincing.  Yes, Riet was fast and, on his own, could probably catch up to the group.  However, he wasn't alone.  The scout had reported that there was a group with Riet, and that they seemed somewhat unfamiliar with the terrain.  They would slow Riet down, hopefully for long enough that he would be caught in the middle of whatever stalked their old home.  Meanwhile, the Ipetian people would be safe, all thanks to Nietzsche.

~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~

Riet was somewhat frustrated by the slow pace that was required when traveling with the Roshanian.  He knew that they were more suited for rivers, but he had hoped that, by now, they would have gained some experience about plains-traveling.  In any case, they needed to continue east if they were to catch up with the migration.  He didn't know why they went east instead of west, but it didn't matter.  That was the way things were, and that was how they would stay.

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ═‼e....│..⌂⌂~║~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲♥▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂/≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣§
♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂...♣ ♣╔v♣♣♣.♣♣│....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
♣.⌂≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂Å≡..♣♣♣ ╔╝≈╚╗♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈♣≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘...~
♣♣≈≈≈⌂⌂..<.┌X─── Θ≈≈≈v─v═Θ♣♣...≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈...K~~~~
..≈≈δ──────┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣..c≈≈≈ ≈☻≈≈≈≈≈..≡P⌂.~~~
.♣♣..♣.♣ç♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ »≈≈≈ΩΩ⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
.♣....♣..R.♣♣≡.. Φ♣♣..¥^⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~

((Riet moves once east, and the migration moves two east.  Blijzon (the only city I have) advances to a hamlet.))

[ May 24, 2008: Message edited by: Frelock ]

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 81