Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 81

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread  (Read 106402 times)

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread
« Reply #285 on: May 23, 2008, 02:27:00 am »

(( As a note, many of the civs are behind on their current expansions. Since most players have multiple settlements it is difficult for me to randomly arbitrate which settlements grow and which do not. With the exception of the Thelash due to Istarian's request (who seem quite terrifying in their own right!) I'm listing the groups and their expansion ratings

Vulpinan: 8 Turns on the board
1 Town: 4 Turns
1 Village: 3 Turns
1 Outpost: 1 Turn
Has taken current turn.

Roshanian: 8 Turns on the board
Has not taken current turn.

Ipetian : 8 Turns on the board
2 Outposts: 2 Turns
1 Migration: 1 Turn

Koneko : 8 Turns on the board
1 Hamlet: 2 Turns
Missing two advancements as of turn 8.

Storm Giant: 8 Turns on the board
1 Hamlets: 2 Turns
1 Special Place: 1 Turns (May count as an outpost if you desire)
Has not taken current turn

Tengu : 8 Turns on the board
2 Hamlet: 4 Turns
2 Outposts: 2 Turns
2 Migrations on Boats: 2 Turns
Has taken current turn.

Drogar : 8 Turns on the board
2 Outpost: 2 Turns
Has not yet acted
Missing three advancments

Dracon : 8 Turns on the board
Has not yet acted
Missing four advancements

Pringer : 8 turns on the board
Has not yet acted
Missing four advancements

Valten : 4 Turns on the board
1 Village : 3 turns
Has not yet acted

!!Elf!!: 2 Turns on the board
1 Hamlet: 2 turns
Has taken current turn

Zelfie: 2 Turns on the board
1 Hamlet(Auto-Updated): 2 turns
Has not moved hero this turn

In particular, if Greiger and Gaulgath don't allocate their points or infer that they would prefer to go the way of the Thelash (slower expansion for much higher tech/individual power) I'll allocate their points between existing towns.

Xotes and the Pringer... As it is The Hub will probably update automatically once it has the requisite suburbia. That is, of course, if the pringer want to expand. If you have no intention of ever making a second settlement I'll probably say that it would be logical and fair to allow you to bend the rules slightly to improve The Hub to a Metropolis+++ (200-600 inhabitants+) if you prefer. However, that tile is nearly devoid of metal sources as it is and to expand much more you'll probably need at least temporary mining settlements in the surrounding areas...

Captainblood, your just a little behind, this turn make shure you post which area's are advancing.

Akroma, I almost forgot that you had your ships. They are so hard to tell apart from the ocean. >.>. I'll do my best not to lose your population on the ocean but you better keep reminding me they are out there! ^-*... er rather ^.x (<- missing eye)

Armok, your elves are so potent you might consider taking the thelash route. However, the decision is up to you. Either way, starting so late has some serious disadvantages and having powerful individuals can counterbalance that somewhat. As they are, I find them very cool.

Aside from that, everything seems pretty cool. I miscalculated a few turns ago when I sent off the migration group. (I was expecting lilaceleba to be a town before they settled, oh well) really it doesn't effect too much, just next turn is going to be a boring one for me mostly. Either way, approxamatly a fifth of the population that is counted in my cities is actually travelling between the two regardless, either building roads or moving goods between the two. Soon travel along the river will be very easy for friends of the vulpinans. Easy indeed. ^-^))

))

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 23, 2008, 03:51:00 am »

Riet was somewhat concerned.  They were getting close to where the old village was, and still, he had seen no sign of a migration.  Of course, the Ipetians were experts at leaving no trace, but to a plain-dweller and tracker like Riet, there should have been some signs.  Was it possible that they had ignored his warning?  He had known that the people would be reluctant to leave, even he had been reluctant to give the order.  However, it was impossible to consider the idea that they would have just ignored his order.

Keeping a close eye on the horizon, Riet noticed a column of smoke.  The ambassador saw it too.  "What could make a column of smoke like that?  It's so dark, and yet it doesn't look like a great deal is burning."

"That," replied Riet with a great smile on his face, "is an Ipetian signal fire.  It is made by burning a local bush that produces a very dark colored smoke.  Obviously, we have been spotted, and the scout must be trying to communicate."  Riet looked around, and finally pointed at a nearby bush.  "There, that's it.  Try to gather as much of it as you can.  I'll also need a blanket and some water."

Riet spent the rest of the day communicating with the scout, using the twin pair of signal fires, until the sun sank over the horizon and the smoke became too hard to see.  He was silent as he worked, only thanking Silis and his men for each batch of brush they brought.  As time passed on, his expression became darker and darker.  Finally, with an exasperated expression, he left the signal fire.  "Not good news?" inquired Silis.

"The fools!" shouted Riet.  "Evidently, they never received either of my messages that I sent with Swiftword.  It was believed that I was dead.  A new leader, by name of Nietzsche, has been commanding the Ipetians almost since I left.  I can only assume that he intercepted my messages and destroyed them.  But why would he ignore the order to evacuate?  Even if he is dense, he should know better than to..."  

Riet took a deep breath to calm himself.  "Alright, the situation can be salvaged.  No use talking about problems if there is no solution.  I've given the order to the scout to evacuate.  Hopefully, he'll be able to convince that fool Nietzsche that the wind is indeed blowing.  And Nietzsche hasn't been that bad to the Ipetians.  He did send out another group east to explore and settle there.  Everyone has been decently happy, and there have been no major disasters.  Still..."  
Riet continued to brood the entire night.

~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~

Wolk, who was as close to a leader as anyone in the expedition came, was very pleased with the way the Blijzon was shaping up.  Everyone had a place to call home now.  This edge of the forest was perfect for a settlement.  The forest would protect them, and the surrounding plains would provide for them.  Eventually, when there were enough people to warrent it, farming outposts could be set up to provide the central village with more food than it could ever need.  But that was far in the future.  For now, they just needed to get a small still set up.

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂○┐..♣♣♣.⌂. ▲▲▲⌂⌂○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~⌂~~⌂⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂....└┐..♣♣♣♣♣ ⌂⌂⌂♣♣│♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲^▲▲
▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲♣♣♣...≈≈....♣♣ ♣...┌┘♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂⌂~~~⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣.≈≈≈≈..... ┌─┐.│...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂▲▲⌂~⌂⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣♣z≈≈└──┐.. │.└─≈≈─────○▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣♣┌┘....└#─ ┘....≈...♣♣.⌂▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣.│.....⌂↑↑ ........♣♣♣♣┌○▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲⌂E♣♣..│...⌂⌂#~↑ .........♣♣♣│⌂▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲‼⌂....│..⌂⌂~~~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~~↑↑ ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂▲

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲♥▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂~≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣§
⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å▲▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├──Θ≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣§
♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂...♣ ♣♣v♣♣♣.♣♣│....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
♣.⌂≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂Å...♣♣♣ ╔╝≈♣╗♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈♣≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘...~
♣♣≈≈≈⌂⌂....┌──X─ Θ≈≈≈v─v═Θ♣♣...≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈...K~~~~
..≈≈δ──────┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣...≈≈≈ ≈☻≈≈≈≈≈..↑↑⌂⌂.~~
..♣♣δ..♣ç.♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.c≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≡↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣..♣.♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ »≈≈≈ΩΩ⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣♣.....♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣♣♣⌂⌂⌂$≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑⌂▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
.♣....♣.R.ΦΦ♣... Φ♣♣..¥^⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
...........Φ.... .....♥⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲♀..♀.▲⌂⌂~↑
.....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈»≈≈⌂▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.¥.»≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~~
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂¥═¥≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲↑↑~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑⌂⌂▲▲⌂~~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂▲▲⌂~  

((Not quite done with my turn yet, there's a little that needs to be done.  However, to recap this portion, Hero moves SE, and the migrant group founds Blijzon, Joyous Sun.))

[ May 23, 2008: Message edited by: Frelock ]

All generalizations are false....including this one.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 23, 2008, 04:48:00 am »

I have an Settlergroup on the map which is travelling with Frelocks hero Riet so Turn 8 is (in terms of settlement growth)Taken for me because Karatomca is becoming a Town in T8. I do some RPG parts etc. in 3 or 4 hours after lunch and little nap.

[ May 23, 2008: Message edited by: Heph ]

[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 23, 2008, 05:59:00 am »

I spy with my big eye in the sky... something that begins with an S thought Shel.

Come on Shel, you can do better than Sand, can't you ? thought Helesh.

Images of boredom flashed through Shel and Helesh's minds.

Yes, I'm bored too, Thlash. thought Helesh.

It's not my fault there's nothing happening, other than that rock falling out of the sky somewhere far to the southwest thought Shel.

Shel moved the gears on his giant telescope tower a bit.

I spy with my telescope eye something that begins with a G thought Shel.

Grass, done that before too thought Helesh.

Thlash sent once again images of boredom.

Hmm. I need to change the lens thought Shel.

*One hour later*

I spy with my telescope eye something that begins with BCL.

Images of incomprehesion followed.

What ? What kind of lens are you using to see something like that. No, wait. Broken Crystal Lens ?

Nice one, but no. What about you Thlash ?

Image of a Big Cave Leopard.

Closer, but not yet. Actually, it's a Beautiful Cat Lady.

Didn't know you had hallucinogenous mushrooms around your tower.

Listen, I'm serious. There's a human woman with a cat's tail and ears travelling on the plains to the south. She's going towards Shesh.

===============================================================================

Shraal was in his office studying the reasons why the walls were still not finished when he heard hurried footsteps from the stairs of his tower. He knew it was most likely to be Thlash who was reading books in Shraal's personal library. Though why he would be hurrying for an explanation of a text was just too much for Shraal's mind.

The door to Shraal's office opened and an out-of-breath Thlash appeared, carrying a large scroll.

"You could at least knock on the door before coming in--what are you doing ?"

Thlash pushed everything that was on one of Shraal's tables on the floor and spread out his scroll. Furious and chaotic images whipped Shraal's mind.

"Calm down, calm down. Now tell me why it was so important to shove all my belongings on the floor."

If Thlash felt some guilt, it didn't filter in the images he sent to Shraal. First, he pointed towards a place on the map, somewhere on the southern plains. Then he sent the image he had read off Shel's mind.

"So we will soon have a visitor, right ? From the speed she's travelling at, she should be on the borders of our forests somewhere before Shadowfall. I hope she comes in peace. Maybe we should let the giant spiders sort that out."

Thlash did not like the sound of that. Shadowfall was an important ceremony to the Thelash. At that time they would go through the resting chambers of their ancestors and pour some blood on their cocoons. Then they would all gather at the center of the village for a feast and tales of Thelash History.

"You may be right, Thlash, and I don't feel like killing a feline life form" added Shraal sensing the young one's worry. "We will leave soon to meet her at the edge of the southwester forest. You are coming of course, since it is rather unlikely that she speaks our language. You should be able to understand her mind."

Shelesh awoke from his 'slumber' and spoke again.

"The Thelash had always liked cats in the past" seeing the faces of disdain of some of the assembled gods he felt it uselful to add "as pets, of course. Do not worry Hanabira, they will not willingly hurt your protege, unless she does something really stupid."

OOC : Now that Shel's tower is completed, it can be seen from two squares away (yes, it's that high), unless your races have really good eyes. It can also see anything on the map 20 squares away, unless blocked by mountains and provided the observer actually adjusts the lenses properly and until Shel has better lenses made (for which he needs bigger gems or glass). No map change this turn again.

code:

Source city    |    Destination city   |   Traded resources  | Travel time
---------------|-----------------------|---------------------|-------------
Shushaw Shesh  | Shushaw Hath          | Food, wood, tools   | <1 turn
Shushaw Hath   | Shushaw Shesh         | Metal, stone, gems  | <1 turn

code:

Shushaw Shesh              : NE Forest              : Thelash   : Hamlet(48)
Shushaw Hath               : N of Sh. Shesh         : Thelash   : Outpost(15)

code:

Leaders status
Shraal    : Shushaw Shesh         : Administrating site/Diplomacy preparation
Shel      : Shushaw Heth          : Administrating site
Helesh    : Shushaw Shesh         : Building walls
Thlash    : Shushaw Shesh         : Diplomacy preparatioh/Defense research

[ May 23, 2008: Message edited by: Istrian ]

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 23, 2008, 06:58:00 am »

well, if it so hard to keep track of them, here you go

Madara's ship: The shipwreck on top of the eyeball-mountains

Sanae's ship: West to the coast of the eastern mountains, will arrive there next turn

Koga's ship: Rested in the harbor of Eientei.

The other ships belong to the Drogar I believe

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 23, 2008, 11:56:00 am »

"They, Graed, are called Roshani for singular and plural and Roshanian for super*. As for your question the Roshani do theyr living on big Rafts. One Raft can be very small especially when you are an unmarried or you have no brood. On the other side there are some very big rafts which could contain several Generations of Roshani. Most times 3 to 6 little Rafts are sharing one Fishfarm and the bigger could have 2 or 3 Farms at once. If place becomes an issue the Roshani tend to build big ship like structures which could be moved. This Houseships have 6 or 7 floors. In the past there were also very big Ocean going Houseships and swimming shipyards but thats are the things most of the current Roshani even dont had heard in Fairytales. On our old world we had an Town swimming on the ocean that has covered 2 Squaremiles. This wonder of technologie was made from wood , Brass, Steel, and Stone. If you dont believe this its your problem i am honest here. Before you ask, yes, im the last one who has seen the old world and if Issha that little Bastard hadnt chosen me as his "Hero" i would be not here to lead you to Karatomca. Almost 3 and a half Millennia im yet alive and i cant stop to hate him. Issha you have to know is the God of the Roshani, well the last one of an big Pantheon. He was the youngest too, hatched only 200 years before we have left our world. As we were young he was a kind and cheerful person, strong in magic but only less then average in technlogie. It was the Dawn of the big War as i had meet him first. Soon we have become friends and then? Then there was the war at our Door and he had changed and maybe i had changed too. Anyway can you bring an very old man his Dragonfly from his Pirogue**? I want to send a Message that we are coming. Wait ... dont touch anything that is made from Metal understand?"

---------------------------------------------------------

* Super is a special Quantum in the Roshani language that means all kinds of one thing, so "Roshanian" means the entire race of the Roshani. Most things have theyr own super in the original Roshani language and there is no special rule for creating a super for different things.

** Ters Boat is an Pirogue with an little sail and is tied to Graeds Boat.
---------------------------------------------------------
ooc: Im note done yet. I update here some time later.

Lets say that birds, my dragonflys and anything which is used for message delivery can cross 4 tiles per turn.

[ May 23, 2008: Message edited by: Heph ]

[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 23, 2008, 12:05:00 pm »

((Yah, I'll just post edit in the story later. Migrant group leaves the Hub and X-2 follows.))
code:

♣.⌂≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂Å...♣♣♣ ╔╝≈♣╗♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈♣≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘...~
..≈≈δ──────┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣...≈≈≈ ≈☻≈≈≈≈≈..pP⌂⌂.~~
..♣♣δ..♣ç.♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.c≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≡↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣..♣.♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ »≈≈≈ΩΩ⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~

Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 23, 2008, 12:16:00 pm »

Hrafn was sitting in his newly founded throne room, gazing through the doorway, past the courtyard, into the temple. He pondered... and pondered. The last weeks happenings had been... unexpected.

He recounted the happenings yet again..

Hrafn hastily trekked upwards the slope leading to the peak. Only one thought was pounding in his mind, he had to see. Finally, after long and arduous climb, he emerged into the courtyard of the castle. He looked around him and groaned in his mind, for the arrival had surely left its marks. The walls rounding the courtyard were pitchblack from the sudden burst of energy and heat, the doors of the temple were shattered as something had gone through them and a grimly destroyed body of a giant lay in his own blood.
After some moments spent on surveying the marks, Hrafn decided to enter the temple, difficult decision it was.
Carefully stepping in Hrafn looked around the interiors of the temple. surprisingly, everything was just as they were before. Then, he looked into the ceiling. It had been replaced by shifting stormclouds, with small lighting bolts sometimes striking. Then looked around yet again, and noticed that the floor had changed. It was a world. Streching to all directions in the temple, he saw oceans, forests, deserts, islands, rivers and lakes. And there, was mountains. on those mountains he saw a castle on the highest peak. Peering into the castle more closely, he noticed that the courtyard was burned. "Morning my great champion." Hrafn lifted his head and saw the largest, oldest and the most fearsome giant, sitting on an enormous throne at the end of the temple hall. His very eyes shoot lighting and his voice was like the thundering of storms. He was dressed in a garb of enormous wolf rugs and underneath it he saw ringmail of some unknown material.
"what in the name of... you... do you want?!" "Nothing really, expect blind obedience, magnificient sacrifices and some -Healthy- worshipping."
Hrafn peered onto the grinning face of a god and then queried, "So... I wont believe you came here to just play jokes on myself, what are your orders o' Grand god?" Suddenly becoming more serious looking Ukko nodded towards the floor. "You do probably understand that this floor here, represents this world, and those stormclouds up there, how i want it to be?" before Hrafn could answer Ukko answers himself "Dominance. Thats what it means, and thats what i want you to do. You have been too slow so far, and i am here to speed it up somewhat!"
Surveying the world below him, Hrafn now noticed that parts of it were still somehow... shrouded. "So, we are to conquer, yes! But, how and where?" "I have pondered... and i want you to move establish an outpost there, on the edge of that forest, there you should be able to supply more than enough wood and workpower, to speed up the final stage of this stronghold. Go now! I summon you when i want you. But no one, not a single soul, is to step in here without permission!"
With that, Hrafn bowed to his god and marched out, ready to supply orders with new fervor.

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

Taranis looked on the order that had come by their recently established mail system. They used trained eagles, Those things could easily look after themselves and were quite reliable. The order comissioned a outpost group of 15 to march east and establish an outpost on the borders of the great forest. This was quite unpleasant to Taranis, since he needed all the manpower he could get and this small village fortress only had population of about 30 giants. It would take away half of his men! The project of building stone walls around the village would have to be stopped, since he would need all remaining the men to keep watch and hunt for food.
Finally, he came to his decision, he was going to reduce the number of giants to six, afterall, what could threaten them in the eastern forest? Not like wolves were a great threat to his kind he thought.

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

Ragndir marched onwards, surveying his surroundings. He didnt exactly know where they were, though he knew that the target couldnt be very far. The annoying thing was, they hadnt seen a trace of anything suspicious. They had slaughtered numerous amounts of wildlife, but he had put a stop to it, since they didnt reach anything by that, they only scared the animals and that way could inform those, who they even were, that they were coming. And he was lost. Raising his hand he ordered a camp to be made "We'll stay here this night... you two, scout the surroundings"

code:

♣.⌂≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂Å≡..♣♣♣ ╔╝≈♣╗♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈♣≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘...~
..♣♣δ..♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.c≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≡↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣..♣.♣♣ç♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ »≈≈≈ΩΩ⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~

[ May 24, 2008: Message edited by: Nhiphanter ]

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 23, 2008, 12:30:00 pm »

ooc: where are you from Nhiphanter?

Proud to be a Furry.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 23, 2008, 12:55:00 pm »

OOC) I'll need to use one of those upgrades on the desert road.  It will need a rather large population to maintain and build, and then one to each settlement.  I'll forfeit the last one, my Dracon seem rather powerful and 3/4ths normal growth rate seems like a good idea.

Yaris nodded, "Well, I believe I have enough energy gathered now to perform the summoning." he chuckled, "I actually saw your energy while I was meditating and mistook you for my apprentice.  I was going to ask him to inform you that I am almost ready."  

After verbally recounting the components he would need he mumbles "Of course, now I need to figure out where that slacker is.  Probably at the bar complaining about me again.  He wouldn't have reason to complain if he would just do what I ask." Louder he says, "I should have the final preparations complete by this afternoon, please come to the south gate when you are ready to go.  The spirit is too large to summon inside the city."

code:
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲‼⌂....│..⌂⌂~÷~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲

..♣♣δ..♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.c≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≡↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~

OOC)Looks like my last move didn't get on the map. Silvak's expedition moved NE last turn and N this turn which currently puts him in the river outpost(which I will name Ombarosha-Riversnake.)  And a construction group had started building a road directly south of Campcastle last turn and are continuing this turn.

[ May 23, 2008: Message edited by: Greiger ]

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 23, 2008, 02:27:00 pm »

((Lucky me, I didn't have to wait. I've had the story segment of my post in a Word file.))

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲‼⌂....│..⌂⌂~÷~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲
..≈≈δ──────┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣..c≈≈≈ ≈☻≈≈≈≈≈..pP⌂⌂.~~
..♣♣δ..♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≡↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣♣.....♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣♣c⌂⌂⌂$≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑⌂▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~

Larika ran, simply ran as fast as her legs could carry her through the forest. a vast rumbling shook the earth around her, but she didn't dare look back to see it's source. She knew her captors had probably learned of her escape, and could even now be pursuing her. She kept running through the underbrush until long after nightfall, until she finally collapsed in the hollow of a tree. There she laid, and she wept. She wept for her dear friend Markus, slain before her very eyes. She wept for her home, Zurinth, which she feared she would never see again. But most of all, she wept for her own stupidity. If she had only turned back at that first sign of trouble, perhaps it all would have turned out differently.

She lay there until sleep overtook her.

Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 23, 2008, 02:52:00 pm »

"Ok, lets finally do this postponed turn then."

((This is the same turn as yesterday, I am just reposting it for the map and so on, also I added one more action but it's simultaneous to the others.
Probably/hopefully I will also post another bunch of details on the !!elves!! today.

I think I will do the slow growth thing, as she says this growth is unnatural to the elves, it will stop in another turn when I have about 35 elves of so, and from then on they will grow much slower I think. The reason for the acceleration in the beginning is as you say that beginning later is hard.
They actually have infinite lifespan and so they'd grow a lot slower than this naturally... say maybe half the growth of the other races, so they take two turns to grow to the next size instead of one.))

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Continue today record the log of Efil—inira, Coldfire, for this moment." Acathiima spoke in the in a high formal dialect of elven. And the script wrote, using a piece of heatproof rock to write whit on half molten tablet.
"Status report: Today it is half a year since we arrived, and we have grown faster than I had ever been able to imagine, I swear those gods must have something to do whit it, we now twice our original number and that should be impossible as it has actually not passed the required 9 months for ANY children, yet we are invaded by them, and nor are all children! I just have no idea what all the people comes from, but I guess we should be happy whit it, the only thing that troubles me is that they are in my records despite me having no memory of writing them in.
In any case, whit this new workforce we have began to start a few new prodjects.
We have began the construction of a rock tree that will tower onto the sky and from which one will see far away, it is assessable only from the inner tunnels and has a stairway. when finished we will have an !!elf!! there at all times who will look for anything visible during the days and glow bright at night so that peaple can easily find their way home.
A crazy fellow named Ilecaaye has also gained support for exploring rocks, and have begun both digging a tunnel deep into the mountain and convinced people to do all sorts of strange things, now we have a room here filled whit all kinds of strange stones and rocks, and they allays run around whit the strange tools of cloth-metal that they use to "prevent the rocks from being destroyed by the heat" as they say.
I have also been convinced to allow a decoration project for the settlement, I suppose it helps the moral and it keeps the children busy shaping images on the walls so they wont be in the way as much all the time. And some of the things they make I must admit is rather pretty, especially since they began mixing different molten rocks and use them for colouration.
No outside signs of of anything happening yet, it's quiet, but I doubt Armok would send us like this to an empty world."

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Acathiima was working according to routine when Ilecaaye came running up his tunnel eyes gleaming.
"What is it now, have you found MORE Microcline?" she asked him annoyed.
"You must come and look!"
"I have no time for this nonsense."
"I have found food"
"Food? Inside a mountain? I thought we didn't need to eat in this form!"
"So thought I, now come"
And Acathiima followed him.

They went thought the tunnels for about an hour, and as they rounded the last corner a strange invisible radiance struck them, it was warming like the rays of the sun and it felt like the sent of food in the nose of the starving, her instincts took over and she hurled herself at the faintly glowing rock at the end of the tunnel.
It was the most gorgeously delicious thing she had ever tasted. She hadn't realised she was starving until now.
after eating about two kilograms she was finished, an she threw herself and hugged Ilecaaye. "I will never call you crazy again!" she whispered "you have saved us all!"

From log of Efil—inira:
"Today I found a text engraved on my desk when I awoke;

'The diplomacy of this world is simple:
The giants are evil.
The black bird people are evil.
The rest your next order is to ally whit as soon as possible.'

This I think is the first reasonable thing I have heard from Armok.
I have to begin this sent an !!elf!! to go east for exploration, her name is Fothacema and he is both a skilled scout and a decent diplomat. He set of this morning whit a backpack full of food, as well as a few pieces of minerals that Ilecaaye said might be useful in trade. I don't know why anyone would trade for that, but I have learnt not to question him after the last weeks joyous find. I have ordered Fothacema to follow the advice we got from Armok and seek alliances, and I have also told him to trade for information, so we will see how this turns out."

(( [T_WORD:BUG:fotha] [T_WORD:BABY:cema]    :) ))
   code:

code:
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲⌂⌂♣♣..│...⌂⌂#~↑ .........♣♣♣│⌂▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ═‼e....│..⌂⌂~÷~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲

..≈≈δ──────┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣..c≈≈≈ ≈☻≈≈≈≈≈..pP⌂⌂.~~
..♣♣δ..♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≡↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣♣.....♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣♣c⌂⌂⌂$≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑⌂▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~

((The settlement grew to a hamlet. they dug a bit of a tunnel and found a uranium deposit to eat from. they began building a small watchtower/inland lighthouse thing that will be finished in yet another turn. My hero moved into the hamlet. A scout/diplomat !!elf!! set out towards the east.)

(Edit: discovered some really bad spelling mistake.)

[ May 23, 2008: Message edited by: Armok ]

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 23, 2008, 05:48:00 pm »

((Messanger animals, like pideons and dragonflies and the like I have no problem with moving four tiles in a turn. However, they can be intercepted by groups that overtake them with the proper equipment (I.E. Archers who notice the bird has a capsule tied to it's foot.).

Also, nobody has made any comment about including forced marches as I mentioned back at the top of page 11. Even a "No I think it's a bad idea" would suffice to keep my inquiring mind from pressing it further. ))

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 23, 2008, 06:03:00 pm »

((I think 7 turns is a bit too long for a group to disband. I mean, 1 turn is already a lot of time -many weeks at best- and I'm not sure how well a forced march would work for more than a few months. Maybe it should be shortened to 4 turns ?))

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 23, 2008, 06:18:00 pm »

Graed gave a look of annoyance at the Roshani, making no move to get up. "You don't look that old Roshani, is it so much for you to get your own pet?"

"Graed! Where are your manners?" Cenna snapped at the younger male's audacity before Ter could reply, her voice extremly apologetic, "I'm sorry Ter, I'll go get your dragonfly for you. This little hothead would probably hurt it anyway." And within a moemnt she was gone into the hold of the little ship.

"Issha is the last of your old gods 'eh?" Graed asked as he checked the torque of his bow nonchalantly, ignoring the woodworkers outburst, "What happened to the rest? Did they die in your war? You speak so poorly of him, it's a wonder you worship him at all."

~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~

Kara nodded, bowing her head in respect to the summoner again with a wary smile. "I'll gather everyone and meet with you then. It has been a pleasure to meet you, high summoner."

She turned and left, her walk turning into a slow lope as she raced forward on all four limbs. The sun reflecting off of her ruddy fur in many bright rays. As Yaris returned to return to his ritual, his eyes were caught a moment on a flash of bronze reflecting from her back. For the briefest moment the summoner stopped, his eyes drawn to the Infant. One bright, silver-ringed eye and one black empty eye met with a pair of brown, wrinkled eyes. For just a moment, the summoner felt a sense of forboding come forth. Like that of a storm just past the horizen, hardly tangible and just faintly there, but existant.

The feeling quickly passed as the Vulpinan turned a corner out of view, her tracks already fading in the faint wind. Disgruntled, the summoner returned to his ritual.

Whatever that was, he knew he hadn't seen the last of the child.

((OOC: Kara hasn't told anyone but Erois the name of her child yet. Not deliberatly, she just hasn't had the time and particular drive to do so.))

[ May 23, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 81