Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 81

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread  (Read 106390 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread
« Reply #195 on: May 20, 2008, 05:44:00 pm »

OOC (I'm at school and I miss everything. Then I read it on my dear cell phone and I can't post. ARRGH Better late than never. . . )

Strife walks into the room bearing more rootbeer and plops down into a chair. He then looks around, seeing the results of the fight. He pushes aside some   !!elves!! trying to built by his chair and asks, "What the bloody hell happened here?"
<Strife is told the story when the babe's eyes get gouged out he leaps to his feet>

"WHAT THE (&%*@#! HELL, YOU DON'T HURT CHILDREN Y Y YOU"
Strife's hand reaches towards a holster at his hip. When he learns about Vimes punishment he calms down. "I think that this game needs another dose of Altruism. I'm in."
Strife reaches into a cargo pocket and pulls out some tiles.

OOC Strife is a highly belligerent god who is devoutly 'good.

Even the avatars expire eventually.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 20, 2008, 05:58:00 pm »

Name: Strife
Spheres: Purple, Honor, Justice, Armor, Armor, Warthogs, Warthogs, Colts, Colts (esp. the .45), and homographs (words that are spelled the same, sound the same, but have different meanings).

Race: Zefie Conglamorate
Zefies look like small black fluff balls with large glowing eyes. There are a scattering of other races within the conglamorate but are about the same size and physical prowress. There are some differences (If they come up I'll write about them). Zefies have a near fanatical drive to protect the weak and will take any refugees into their fortresses. They have very few magical powers, but they know a means to make their walls impervious to destruction. (They can't be taken down by catupults, but the defenders can).
Settelment tile: z
Army:Z
Perrfered terrain-forest borders-any tile that borders a forest counts for this.

Hero: Yankee
Yankee is athe last Zefie prince who was placed here by Strife. All the others were slain years ago. Strife beleives that the Zefies are the most noble of races and makes a deal with Yankee for him to participate. Yankee brings two friends with him, a blob named Felu and a Pufie named Gouzzi.
Yankee wields two nearly indistructable short swords
Perferred tile: Forests
Tile: Y
Felu is a moving blob who wields a huge sword.
Tile: Member of Zefie army always
Gouzzi is of a related species to a Zefie, but lacks visible eyes. He wields a great sniper rifle usually, but due to the world will have to find something lower tech.
Always a member of an army.

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲&#965 0;▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲&#965 0;▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲&#965 0;▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲&#965 0;▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲&#965 0;▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂&#896 2;⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂○┐..♣♣♣.⌂. ▲▲▲⌂⌂○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~⌂~~⌂⌂& #9650;▲▲ ▲▲⌂....└┐..♣♣♣♣♣ ⌂⌂⌂♣♣│♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲♣♣♣...≈≈....♣♣ ♣...┌┘♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂⌂~~~⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣.≈≈≈≈..... ┌─┐.│.z.♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂▲▲⌂~⌂⌂▲ ▲▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣♣.≈≈└──┐.. │.└─≈≈─────○▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲&#96 50;▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣♣┌┘....└#─ ┘....≈...♣♣.⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣.│.....⌂↑↑ ........♣♣♣♣┌○▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲⌂E♣♣..│...⌂⌂#~↑ .........♣♣♣│⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲‼⌂....│..⌂⌂~~~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~~↑↑ ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲Ç▲▲▲⌂ ⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂~≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣§⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å▲▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...≡───≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣§♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂.. .♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣.♣♣│....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣♣.⌂≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂Å...♣♣&#982 7; ♣♣≈♣♣♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈♣≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘...~♣♣≈≈≈⌂⌂....┌───X Θ≈≈≈──v♣Θ♣♣...≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈....~~~~..≈≈δ───ç──┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣...≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈..↑↑⌂⌂.~~~..♣♣δ≡.R..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.c≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈÷↑↑K£▲▲⌂~~~.♣♣..♣.♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈»ΩΩ⌂P⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~.♣♣♣.....♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣♣÷.c.$≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑⌂▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~.♣....♣...ΦΦ♣≡.. ♣♣♣..¥.≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~...........Φ.... .....≈»≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲♀..♀.▲⌂⌂~↑.....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.... .≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈T¥.»≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈& #8776;≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂¥⌂¥»≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈&#8 776;≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲↑↑~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈&#877 6;≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑⌂⌂▲▲⌂~~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂▲▲⌂~  

They start in the NW forest. They will focus on building if I don't post tommorow.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 20, 2008, 06:15:00 pm »

Youh taps the screen a couple times.  "I think it broke."  After a little bit of messing with some knobs and dials on the back of the tv the picture is fixed.

code:
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂○┐..♣♣♣.⌂. ▲▲▲⌂⌂○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~⌂~~⌂⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂....└┐..♣♣♣♣♣ ⌂⌂⌂♣♣│♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲^▲▲
▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲♣♣♣...≈≈....♣♣ ♣...┌┘♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂⌂~~~⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣.≈≈≈≈..... ┌─┐.│.z.♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂▲▲⌂~⌂⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣♣.≈≈└──┐.. │.└─≈≈─────○▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣♣┌┘....└#─ ┘....≈...♣♣.⌂▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣.│.....⌂↑↑ ........♣♣♣♣┌○▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲⌂E♣♣..│...⌂⌂#~↑ .........♣♣♣│⌂▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲‼⌂....│..⌂⌂~~~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~~↑↑ ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲Ç▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂~≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣§
⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å▲▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├───≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣§
♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂...♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣.♣♣│....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
♣.⌂≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂Å...♣♣♣ ♣♣≈♣♣♣♣♣┌≡....≈≈ ≈≈≈♣≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘...~
♣♣≈≈≈⌂⌂....┌───X Θ≈≈≈──v♣Θ♣♣...≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈....~~~~
..≈≈δ───ç──┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣...≈≈≈ ≈≈☻≈≈≈≡.↑K⌂⌂.~~~
..♣♣δ..R..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.c≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈.↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣..♣≡♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈ΩΩ⌂P⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣♣.....♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣♣÷.c.$≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑⌂▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
.♣....♣...ΦΦ♣≡.. ♣♣♣..T≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
...........Φ.... .....»≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲♀..♀.▲⌂⌂~↑
.....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.¥.»≈≈≈≈» ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~~
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂¥⌂¥≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲↑↑~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑⌂⌂▲▲⌂~~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂▲▲⌂~  

OOC) That right?
EDIT: Hope so, thats my last post for tonight, friend wants to practice his smash jigglypuff and we usually play it for hours on end.

[ May 20, 2008: Message edited by: Greiger ]

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 20, 2008, 06:33:00 pm »

code:
▲▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂⌂~~~⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣.≈≈≈≈..... ┌─┐.│...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂▲▲⌂~⌂⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣♣z≈≈└──┐.. │.└─≈≈─────○▲▲▲▲
..♣♣δ..R..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.c≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈.↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣..♣≡♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈ΩΩ⌂P⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~

OOC Not quite. I ment for them to be up there. Not sure what happened but I know have enough time to write a bit of a story for them. It'll be up as soon as I type it in word.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 20, 2008, 07:01:00 pm »

Yankee’s eyes were temporarily blinded by the flash, when he opened them he was amazed. He, Felu, and Gouzzi were standing in the middle of a hilly field. He saw that there were a grand total of five Zefies there in addition to himself, Felu, and Gouzzi. Yankee couldn’t help but stare. REAL ZEFIES! He hadn’t seen another of his kind since that dark day so many years ago. . .
<Flash>
Yankee remembered how that day had been a storm. The lightning flashed and flashed. Yet, he hadn’t feared; he liked storms back then. But then
<End>
“Ahhh, Yankee? Yankee? What do you want us to do?” Gouzzi was asking. Yankee realized that he would have to act like a leader for a while. He was used to commanding small squads of soldiers, but a settlement? He wasn’t sure he could do it. Why did he agree with that strange god?
Then his normal decisiveness kicked in and he started issuing orders. A very quick survey revealed that they had a very nice location. There was a fairly large forest right to the west. Sandy dessert to the north and the east. There was a nice sized river right close by as well.
   His next order of business was the supplies. They had a bit of food, some seeds, some root beer, an ax, a pick, some shovels, and a nice couple of animals. As far as the creatures went, there were two cows, a cat, and two turkels. There was also a pair of magnificent looking margna-turkles.
   Yankee really did like turkels, they were very similar to an average turtle, but were armored, had spikes in assorted places and had six legs each. The margna variety was similar, just very, very big (car length). He quickly became optimistic.
   “Felu and you over there, move off to the forest and start cutting down some trees. Your sword will work fine as an ax Felu. You two, start digging out holes, we’ll build partially underground. You two, try to put some wheat in the ground. Gouzzi, start planning the buildings and a future hunting site. I’m going to scout the river out a bit and look for fishing sites.”
   “This is where we shall defend good. I name this land, Angelshielded.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm just going to consider that the tile types bleed over a bit. If I don't post tommorow, they start building a wooden wall.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 20, 2008, 08:03:00 pm »

*imagines a one-eyed fox kid playing games whit little black fuzzballs for eternity inside invincible walls*
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 20, 2008, 08:46:00 pm »

OOC: Uh, Strife; that's a lake to your north-east, not a desert.  Deserts are tildes (~), lakes and oceans are the wavy equal sign(≈)(not sure what they're called).  
Wow, over 200 posts!

edit: deleted random smiley

[ May 20, 2008: Message edited by: Frelock ]

All generalizations are false....including this one.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 20, 2008, 09:22:00 pm »

Kara looked away from Yaris, lost in thought, "Not as much as I expected, but it would not hurt to have one set up in Aveceleba regardless. Perhaps later I can talk with one of your civilian summoners and see if they would be willing to emigrate. That's will need to wait, however. The more pressing matter is setting up a trade route." pausing for a moment Kara pulled out the thick parchment that contained the maps she had laborously drawn on her journies and spread it on the ground carefully.

"There" she said, pointing to a small dot on a river, "Is Aveceleba, our capital and only settlement when I left. And here," Kara paused, pulling loose a piece of charcol out of her harness and placing a small star on it, "This is where we are, at the northern edge of the desert here. Now, my people can live comfortably as far as here." She took the charcol and made a small dot where the river met with the ocean line. Looking up at Silvak with a merry expression. "Which is just a short way outside of your desert. The land there was warm when I passed though, not nearly as cold as this desert becomes at night, so it's not unlikely that your people will be able to survive there if they wish, or if you perfer a dracon outpost could be placed to the north comfortably."

Smiling the vulpinan rolled up the map, "Either way, I will need to find my way back to contact the leaders of my people to inform them of the trade offer. I've been gone long enough that I do not know how they will react, although I'm certain things will be positive.

Since it is so far, it would perhaps be ideal if the civilian summoner, Eoris, and at least one other to travel with me. I know how to construct a flatboat that can transport at least that many comfortably and quickly up the river, once we get there, and the extra help would be useful in setting up a summoning circle of our own so that we can send diplomats back and forth."

"Unless" Kara brought to a close slyly, "You have an easier means of communication over very long distances?"

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 20, 2008, 09:29:00 pm »

((should Kara really travel wit the newborn?))
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 20, 2008, 09:39:00 pm »

((Aside to Strife: Tiles are *very* large regions. A civ either benefits from a tile, or does not. The border for a tile doesn't matter so much. The only exception to this are rivers, which count as both a river tile and the naitive terrain. The only exception to this are rivers and oceans. However, plains regions do have some wood in them, if only a little.

Rivers count as both a river tiles and the surrounding tiles. When crossing a river on their favored terrain, if a faction does not favor river travel as well their movement is stopped for a turn as they ford the river.

When using boats up and down a river any civ will go two tiles when going downstream (towards the ocean) and one tile upstream, unless they are a river civ (in which case they go three downstream and two upstream.)

All tiles next to an ocean are considered "costal", which means they have a ready source of water and salt regardless of tile type (although the water may require distillation). On the ocean, everyone who is not an ocean civ may travel one tile against the wind, or two tiles with the wind. Ocean civs travel two tiles against the wind and three with it. Wind can be freely changed by any god with some form of weather control (Kanako has the sky sphere. Which grants her power over the winds. Ukko has storms in his portfolio, which allows him to do the same.) If two gods conflict then a wind will occur that is the result of the sum of their changes. (So if Kanako summons a northernly wind, and Ukko summons a easternly wind, the wind is going NE. If Ukko summons a southernly wind then no sail travel is possible and all boats travel one tile this turn)

I ramble on, but I feel that this information is somewhat pertainent to keep a record of for the future. And indeed you are next to a lake, not a desert.))

[ May 20, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 20, 2008, 09:43:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Armok:
<STRONG>((should Kara really travel wit the newborn?))</STRONG>

((By the end of the turn he'll be a few months old. Vulpinan's are very practical, and their travelling harnesses (which act a lot like a full-body backpack filled with straps, flaps, hooks, and pouches that a suitable for carrying nearly anything) can be adapted to carry their young. Obviously there are still some things that she shouldn't do with him, but in normal travel he should be safe. Especially if she has travelling companions.))

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 20, 2008, 09:54:00 pm »

Xotes finally wakes up from his stupor, and examines the carnage with distaste.

"All right, what happened? You know what, screw it. I'm just going down to visit the kid. Yes, I was awake long enough to see him. Good bye."

With that, he stands up and backflips onto the board, shrinking to piece size just above it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

X-2 finally finishes whatever the hell he was doing, and is about to set off on his merry way when Xotes crashes next to him, still smoldering from penetrating the atmosphere. He gets up, brushes off his hair and stares at X-2, before cursing.

"Damn it! You know what, don't mind me, just go back to whatever you're doing!"

With that, Xotes disappears, leaving behind a very confused X-2. He shrugs, despite being physically impossible, and sets off towards the Hub.

code:

..♣♣δ..R..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.c≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈.↑↑↑\▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣..♣≡♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈ΩΩ⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~

[ May 20, 2008: Message edited by: Xotes ]

[ May 20, 2008: Message edited by: Xotes ]

Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 20, 2008, 11:31:00 pm »

Turn 7

code:

⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å▲▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├≡──≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣§
♣.⌂≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂Å...♣♣♣ ╔♣≈♣♣♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈♣≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘...~
♣♣≈≈≈⌂⌂....┌───X Θ≈≈≈v─v═Θ♣♣...≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈....~~~~
..≈≈δ───ç──┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣...≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈..↑K⌂⌂.~~~
..♣♣δ..R..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.c≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈÷↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣..♣≡♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ »≈≈≈ΩΩ⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣♣.....♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣♣÷./.$≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑⌂▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
.♣....♣...ΦΦ♣≡.. ♣♣♣..¥.≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
.....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ »≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.¥.»≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~~

((OOC, I gotta wait for Greiger's reply to my last post before I can be certain what is happening in the north. But unless there is a better way Kara will be heading south across the river.

the small v's between my two settlements indicate a trade route between the two sites. Up and down the river boats are beginning to consistantly travel between the two. Once the road going around the lake is finished anyone who passes along that path is very likely to meet with a few Vulpinan traders.))

A cheery song rang out as six Vulpinan's worked in the forest outside of Lilaceleba, their hearty and off-tune voices attempting to top one another as they worked on a six-foot trench wide enough for a full caravan to travel along. Along the top of the trench, one lone forman stood resting on an alder pike, his attention constantly switching between the trees and the few pack wolves that were stabled a short way away from the diggers.

The road had been planned and dug so that few trees were felled, only in the thickest portion of the forest did digging stop and the two strongest vulpinans took axes to trees. Removing the neccecary plantlife using the wood to create small resthouses on the side of the road for travellers to sleep within safely.

It was ardarous, backbreaking work, however all of the digging crew were strong minded and willful individuals, and the road was completed foot by foot. When it was done, the route between Aveceleba and Liliaceleba would be an easy and safe route to use.

~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~

"So, what do the Roshirani want with our town exactly Ter?" Raom asked offhanded ly at his guest as the two of them sat on the top of the palaside, watching Graed and three other younger Vulpinans of varying descriptions practiced their marksmanship. Over the last two months a number of vulpinans had found their way to Liliaceleba, having followed Raom's own group. The village was swelling with new hands, and wooden houses had joined the perimiter of the encampment on top of the more extensive burrows in order to hold the influx of population. The coast of the lake was filled with small fishing boats, their owners pulling up dozens of salmon now that the fall had fully begin to set in the small settlement, and everyone in Liliaceleba was storing food for the onroaching winter... not that they would see much snow, like Aveceleba this place was quite warm.

"You've told me that your people already live on the lake, so food and herbs are out of the question. You've mentioned our clay pottery and bonecrafts, but you can certainly manufacture those yourself as well. Really, I'm at a loss as to what we could offer you that you do not already have." Puzzled, Raom glanced over towards the newly erected school, watching as the few children who had migrated in with their parents ran out of the small building and began to wrestle each other to the ground, one particularily burly vixen eventually coming out on top with a triumphant shout, before a nearby wolf cub tackled her and the contest began anew with fresh vigor.

[ May 21, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

[ May 21, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

[ May 22, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 21, 2008, 12:17:00 am »

"Well, Erois is correct about one thing, I can call a massive bird for transportation.  It could carry all of you without much trouble." he says seeming rather proud of the fact. "It will take me a few days to prepare the summoning though, these stronger creatures are fully sentient and want magical energy as compensation.  It takes time to gather up enough to pay such a spirit."

Silvak nods at this, "As for communication we can train swift messengers.  Since our settlements are currently closely spaced we have not had the need to document the area well enough to train any.  But I'm sure we can have some of the scout units trained for messenger duty within the year.  We can also begin work on a road connecting these two sites.  We have a touch of an unemployment problem anyway since our metalworking operations cannot work at full capacity without wood so it would help us as well."

OOC)There I managed to sneak another post in tonight...er this morning...it's 1AM  
Q1)How long does it take to build a road like this by the way?  I'm thinking simple rock road, with buildings every half day or so travel for shelter from the heat/cold during each race's non-ideal travel times. I would also probably need the population size of an outpost dedicated just to maintaining it with the nature of the desert.  
Q2)The bird is rather fast but I don't want a unit that can vastly outpace everything else on any terrain even if only one summoner in my team can call it and takes months of prep to do so.  It can be fluffed that being so far from it's home it gets disoriented and lost once in awhile on the trip if it needs to go one space a turn. This thing is mostly just being used since Vime promised his hero of a quick trip back and I don't want him to seem like a liar.  What seems like a fair speed?

EDIT: Whoop turn passed.  I'll wait til tomorrow afternoon to take an official turn though.  Too tired now.

[ May 21, 2008: Message edited by: Greiger ]

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 21, 2008, 02:10:00 am »

"This display is getting rather cluttered, what with all those trade routes."

After saying that Shelesh extended his shadows and another screen appeared.

"Feel free to use it to keep track of your trade routes."

code:

Source city    |    Destination city   |   Traded resources  | Travel time
---------------|-----------------------|---------------------|-------------
Shushaw Shesh  | Shushaw Hath          | Food, wood, tools   | <1 turn
Shushaw Hath   | Shushaw Shesh         | Metal, stone, gems  | <1 turn

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 81