Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 81

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread  (Read 106382 times)

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread
« Reply #180 on: May 20, 2008, 02:09:00 pm »

((one or the other))

"Hold." a hard voice near to Ter called out softly in the morning light, it's owner not immediatly visible. The creak of two old bows being drawn back followed the warning, the sound nearly masked by the rushing of the river. "One wrong move and you're skewer lizard. Put your hands where we can see them and step away from your weapons."

~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~

Kara walked out of the door to her bedroom into the sunlight open-air walkway that connected her bedroom the the rest of the complex.She reveled in the warmth of the sunlight, nearly feeling strong enough to dance in the warm daylight. The child slept on her back, held up in a segment of her harness that she had rearranged carefully to support his neck and weight. His eyelids closed peacefully in the warm morning light.

"It feels good to be alive." she said to herself as she watched a small group of dracons emerge from a nearby building and carefully walk towards her, Erois with them.

((Greiger, I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds too much with your guys. It's tricky, writing about a place and peoples that you don't know all of the exact details about. To be fair, I hadn't planned on making it to the capital so quickly in my initial plans, but that's the spirit of roleplaying after all.))

[ May 20, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 20, 2008, 02:24:00 pm »

Imp returns to the gameroom with his morning bowl of dwarves in his hand, only to find almost all the assembled gods on their feet - one of them now rendered half-blind, chairs scattered everywhere, and... were those !!elves!! he was stepping on? He looks angrily around the room.

"For feck's sake, can't I leave you lot alone for one tanj aeon without everyone going at eachother's throats? What were you... oh, nevermind."

Imp picks up his chair and sits in it, then makes his move.

-----------

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂○┐..♣♣♣.⌂. ▲▲▲⌂⌂○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~⌂~~⌂⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂....└┐..♣♣♣♣♣ ⌂⌂⌂♣♣│♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲^▲▲
▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲♣♣♣...≈≈....♣♣ ♣...┌┘♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂⌂~~~⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣.≈≈≈≈..... ┌─┐.│...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂▲▲⌂~⌂⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣♣.≈≈└──┐.. │.└─≈≈─────○▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣♣┌┘....└#─ ┘....≈...♣♣.⌂▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣.│.....⌂↑↑ ........♣♣♣♣┌○▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲⌂E♣♣..│...⌂⌂#~↑ .........♣♣♣│⌂▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲‼⌂....│..⌂⌂~~~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~~↑↑ ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲Ç▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂~≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣§
⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å▲▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├───≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣§
♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂...♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣.♣♣│....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
♣.⌂≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂Å...♣♣♣ ♣♣≈♣♣♣♣♣┌≡....≈≈ ≈≈≈♣≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘...~
♣♣≈≈≈⌂⌂....┌───X Θ≈≈≈──v♣Θ♣♣...≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈....~~~~
..≈≈δ───ç──┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣...≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈..↑K⌂⌂.~~~
..♣♣δ..R..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.c≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈÷↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣..♣≡♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈»ΩΩ⌂P⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣♣.....♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣♣÷.c.$≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑⌂▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
.♣....♣...ΦΦ♣≡.. ♣♣♣..T≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
...........Φ.... .....»≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲♀..♀.▲⌂⌂~↑
.....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.¥.»≈≈≈≈» ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~~
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂¥⌂¥≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲↑↑~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑⌂⌂▲▲⌂~~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂▲▲⌂~

"And so just as they're comin' up th' hill towards us, the cap'n gives the order, an' we fire off a volley o' bolts into 'em, and so two of 'em-"

"Shh!" Larika cut off her travelling companion, Markus, in the middle of another one of his old stories. "Look, look there!" she pointed of down the beach to the south of them.

"I don, see anythin'," Markus replied, squinting in the general direction she was indicating, "What d'you - great IMP, what is that thing?!"
Before them, perhaps a few hundred yards down the beach, stood a massive creature the likes of which no Valtan had ever seen. Larika grabbed her companion by the shoulder and shoved him down behind a nearby boulder, racheting their only crossbow with her other hand.

"D'you think it saw us?", he whispered.
"Nay," she replied, "I think it was too busy doin'... whatever th' 'ell it's doin'." Soon, more of the immense creatures appeared from the foilage. After a moment's pause, Larika once again pointed down the beach.
"Oi, look there!"
Markus looked off into the distance, where a massive ship was moored just off shore.
"D'you think it's theirs?", Larika asked him.
"It could very well be." He answered.
"So what do we do? They might be intelligent, so we could try and talk to-"
"Are ya nuts!?" Markus got to his feet, still careful to keep the boulder between himself and those strange creatures. "One o' those things could tear us clean in two! We don' stand a chance wit' just one crossbow an' our swords!"
"Well what d'you think we should do, go back an' get help?" Larika asked.
"We watch," he replied, "and wait."

Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 20, 2008, 02:30:00 pm »

ooc: massive ?

Tengu are just about human size. Just how small are the Valtan ? Don't tell me they are just Coyotes walking on their hind legs...

hmmm...

eventhough that would be hilarious...

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 20, 2008, 02:35:00 pm »

((They're probably only about a head shorter than the Tengu, but the two of them - well, Markus at least - are just about scared out of their wits right now, so there's bound to be a bit of exaggeration.))

[ May 20, 2008: Message edited by: Impending Doom ]

Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 20, 2008, 02:38:00 pm »

((well, let them watch. My Tengu are currently working off their asses. They won't easily notice them))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

CaptainBlood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 20, 2008, 02:45:00 pm »

(In that case I'd rather have Oakvale go up a rank. The outpost I made on the east part of the valley will be Tamuro)
code:

Kinsebs£r - Oakvale        : E Mountain-valley      : Koneko    : Village (~70?)
Loka                       : NW of Oakvale          : Koneko    : Outpost (10)
Tamuro                     : W of Loka              : Koneko    : Outpost (7)

[ May 20, 2008: Message edited by: CaptainBlood ]

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 20, 2008, 03:33:00 pm »

OOC) No problems, sorry about making it hard on ya,I'm not very good with little settlement details myself. But I haven't seen any oddities yet. *looks for his old D&D notes on the race, can't find them*  Well here's what I remember in order of my remembering it. (wall o' text warning)

The structures are made primarily of stone in a medieval style, with landing areas in parts of large structures (Usually roofs[sic?] but sometimes in more strategic places in large state buildings)allowing the dracon to fly straight to a particular part of a building.
-Most short range travel in a city is on the ground but the dracon will fly from one place to another to avoid crowded streets or speed up long errands.
-Basements and homes built into caves are common when the terrain allows it, but they will not build homes deep underground like dwarfs do.
-Homes usually have roof access and the roof entrance is often decorated in the same fashion as the front door.  
-Almost all cities are walled and have a well trained police force.  
-Dracon can be quite unruly and dangerous when drunk and a tavern is a very dangerous place for an outsider.  
-Civilians are allowed to carry weapons, but with the military getting most of the metal an armed civilian is rare here.
-If a city has a summoner a stone summoner circle is usually erected in an empty area near the state buildings.  These circles enhance a summoner's power and are where town to town transport takes place.  There needs to be both a circle and a summoner at both sites for the transport to work.

That should be more helpful than nothing.[/OOC]
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
"Good morning Karamara, this is commander Silvak Bluesabers our leader." he indicates a slightly taller light red colored dracon with blue hair, the first  dracon she saw with any hair at all.  "You already know the high priest, and this is master summoner Yaris." indicating an aged gold colored dracon in a brown robe that made Erois look young by comparison.  They each bowed slightly at the introductions.

"Good morning, If you are ready, we would like to discuss setting up trade relations with your people.  We have surplus supplies of iron ore and stone.  We can also send teachers to your people to teach metalsmithing techniques if you require.  If you see anything else you feel your people will benefit from I will happily see about trading that as well." Silvak moved his arms to indicate some samples of the ore and stone like a skilled diplomat, though most of what he was doing he just crammed into his head from his books the night before.

[ May 20, 2008: Message edited by: Greiger ]

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 20, 2008, 03:34:00 pm »

((Guess some people wants the details for me in this RP.

Name: Armok, God of Blood
Spheres: blood (Notice the difference from bloodSHED!), mathematics, confusion/paradoxes/complexity/contradiction, randomness.
Race: !!elves!!
Civ: The boiling tear
Site type: mountains, desserts.(really none, they cant live near anything combustible but they hate areas without life, but I guess technically desserts and mountains is were they'd have the tactical and speed advantage)
Hero Symbol: E
Army Symbol: e

History: souls are sometimes picked out of the way to the afterlife, but because of having done anything wrong, but completely randomly based only based on species ad random blind choice, not even on fate because it has ended by then.
These unfortunate souls are put thought horrible things, even much worse than those that would have happened to them in hell-equivalent afterlives. One example that is relevant is under aeons erasing all the memories of the details of their former life whit unimaginable emotional pain. And then finally they are to serve as snacks of the gods, ultimately and utterly destroying the souls then they are consumed.
If you have read this thread the rest is, as one may say, history.    :)

The 'Temporary Adaptation Destabilizer (Re-stabilization)' I used on them is what it kinda sounds like, it basically makes the coutures of what the creature is adapted to fuzzy and when they go back after a while they'll settle on the current state; in this case being on fire. Basically it is super-accelerated adaptation on jar, expensive stuff.

Knowing those two facts, and that the origin was DF elves, the rest is mostly cause and effect, except the specifics on what adaptation it settled for.

They are mentaly ordinary DF elves, culture and so, exept of course QUITE pissed of. Physicaly... Their ordinary body temperature is 500-600 degrees Celsius, and they freeze to death at 200C, however they can rise their tempreture at will.
Usualy the limit for that is 1200C-1500C, but there is really no limit, and for example anger makes them hotter, as well as... other stuff.
If they reach 4-5 000 000 according to my calculations there is a risk of explosion, nuclear size. However that is hardly probable to ever happen from only themselves.
They eat isotopes, but doesn't require much and can go for years without, but they'll need to find some within 6-7 turns or so. I just added this fact so we'd have nuclear elves.

They look just like elves but the hair is constantly aflame, and they glow from the heat (black-body radiation, same colour iron would at the same temperature for reference. So usually kinda redish but when hotter white?), and can even use that glow to illuminate their path in dark places.

The effects of this on how they will live is huge, they cant live in forests as they used to and love because they'd set all the trees on fire.
However, they can quite easily heat the rock to a half-melted clay-like state, and use this to shape it into crafts whit their bare hands, and the same way they can easily dig into the mountain. For the same reason they make great metalsmiths and glass-blowers, in a dessert they can build green glass buildings by simply bending down taking some sand, melting it whit their body heat, and slapping the molten glass onto the building.
The loss of the forest will always trouble their hearts, and they will in architecture and art always futilely try to mimic it, even going so far as huge green glass forests or the like.))
((Edit: oh, and the settlement name is Efil—inira, Coldfire. (What symbol in DF does the — in the elven word for cold in the language_elf.txt indicate?) ))

[ May 20, 2008: Message edited by: Armok ]

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 20, 2008, 04:11:00 pm »

Tzen groans and slowly lifts his head from the table. Wiping drool from the corner of his mouth, he speaks.
"Ergh... musta had a bit... too much to drink. Eh... what's happened here?" he looks around groggily. "What a mess! Was there an argument or something?"
code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂○┐..♣♣♣.⌂. ▲▲▲⌂⌂○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~⌂~~⌂⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂....└┐..♣♣♣♣♣ ⌂⌂⌂♣♣│♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲^▲▲
▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲♣♣♣...≈≈....♣♣ ♣...┌┘♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂⌂~~~⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣.≈≈≈≈..... ┌─┐.│...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂▲▲⌂~⌂⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣♣.≈≈└──┐.. │.└─≈≈─────○▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣♣┌┘....└#─ ┘....≈...♣♣.⌂▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣.│.....⌂↑↑ ........♣♣♣♣┌○▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲⌂E♣♣..│...⌂⌂#~↑ .........♣♣♣│⌂▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲‼⌂....│..⌂⌂~~~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~~↑↑ ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲Ç▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂~≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣§
⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å▲▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├───≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣§
♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂...♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣.♣♣│....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
♣.⌂≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂Å...♣♣♣ ♣♣≈♣♣♣♣♣┌≡....≈≈ ≈≈≈♣≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘...~
♣♣≈≈≈⌂⌂....┌───X Θ≈≈≈──v♣Θ♣♣...≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈....~~~~
..≈≈δ───ç──┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣...≈≈≈ ≈≈☻≈≈≈≡.↑K⌂⌂.~~~
..♣♣δ..R..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.c≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈.↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣..♣≡♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈ΩΩ⌂P⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣♣.....♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣♣÷.c.$≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑⌂▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
.♣....♣...ΦΦ♣≡.. ♣♣♣..T≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
...........Φ.... .....»≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲♀..♀.▲⌂⌂~↑
.....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.¥.»≈≈≈≈» ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~~
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂¥⌂¥≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲↑↑~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑⌂⌂▲▲⌂~~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂▲▲⌂~

Kavar stood at the bow of the ship, beckoning to his men.
"Row faster, you weaklings! Winds are no good today, and Tzen wants to see you exercise those axe arms of yours!" He was bellowing at the top of his lungs over the grunts of pain from his crew. He was so intent that he didn't see the spot of land on the horizon...
"Sir! Look!" one of his men pointed out to sea.

Kavar gripped the wooden dragon head and swung around. Weeks they had been sailing... could this be it?

Indeed! Land! Their despair was over! Finally they had found a place to fish and light a fire.

"That's it then!" Kavar laughed, and pointed to the land mass with his war axe.  "Get to that shore and there'll be two mugs of ale for everybody!" His men's morale instantly picked up, and soon they were sailing at full speed...

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 20, 2008, 04:14:00 pm »

Karaman return the bow by dipping her head to the high priest and the Yaris in turn. Slightly bending her forlimbs in the best imitation of the bipedal dracons as she could.

"My people have some experiance with metal, little as though there is near our homes. Stone we don't need as much of, although I suppose we could use it to make bricks for fireplaces and more important buildings." Kara smiled as she thought of how useful iron would be. With that they could create more durable tools, better wagons and ships that wouldn't rot when transversing the river. "In return my people offer wood and food. We have an abundance of trees in our homeland, and we know of ways to harvest the wood that doesn't harm it extensivly.  We live along the river, so fish and game are plentiful for us."

"Also," Kara added as Silvak moved to speak, "I was wondering about your magic. While setting up an overland trade route will be a neccecity for our peoples, concerns over the safty of such a carvan is always paramount. I've heard that your summoners know a type of magic that can quickly transport goods and people between two sites. That knowlage, if your people would be willing to share it, would be a great boon for my kind. Our livilyhood depends on trade, and the elders of Aveceleba told me that we are almost certainly near the center of many different groups of peoples. Erois evaded answering my questions directly about your magic on our journy here, and your appprentice was not much forthcoming in the weeks I spent attempting to get information from him."

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 20, 2008, 04:48:00 pm »

"Ah there you are well well i play your game. I put my weapons down you see?" Ter has set the Crossbow and the Staff down. "Alas My name is Ter i am Messenger of the God Issha not that he is worthy to have an Messenger.". The lizard toks one Step back. "Whats your name if i may ask, i need no Answer you are the ones with the bows but its would be very kind if could know them.".

---------------------------------------------------------

Issha takes some !!elves!! from the floor. "Clean this place and you should be reborn in new bodies ... and dont build a City under the Table and no you cant have Dustbunnys as Mates"

[ May 20, 2008: Message edited by: Heph ]

[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 20, 2008, 05:06:00 pm »

Fenneth reappeared in his seat and noted the chaos that had sprung up in his absence.  "Wow, I go to talk to my champion, and I miss such a good row."  He roared in laughter.  "I bet you didn't know what you were getting into when you sired that bastard, eh Vime?  Here you've pushed Armok into the fray. My oh my, what are things coming to?"  

Still laughing, Fenneth pondered the figure of the infant. "He's too young for drinking, but when he grows up, who knows?"

His gaze wandering south, he noted, "It's starting to get crowded on this side of the board.

All generalizations are false....including this one.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 20, 2008, 05:11:00 pm »

The voices were silent for a moment as Ter put his weapons on the ground, then a old Vulpinan stepped from the nearby undergrowth, his bow still pointed at the Roshanian's midsection, a second walking from his hiding spot behind Ter. "My name is Raom, and I am the unofficial leader of Lilaceleba. My companion's name is Graed."

Letting his bow drop to his side, the old Vulpinan warily looked over Roshiran. "You must have exerted yourself mightily to scale our palaside, especially since the gate of our village was not disturbed. What is your purpose here then, Ter?"

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 20, 2008, 05:23:00 pm »

"Im here for this unholy bastard of a God Issha. He wants me to check you and your kind out and if you are trustworthy i have to show you the way to the Roshani and theyr Citys for trade and such things. Well i think you are trustworthy so lets go inside and have some drink."
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 20, 2008, 05:30:00 pm »

Silvak allowed Yaris to answer the question relating to the summoning magic.  "Well it doesn't surprise me that Erois doesn't know much on the subject, the military only knows some basic details of tactical use and whatever stories they heard as hatchings.  And my apprentice really only knows some ritual details in regards to obtaining a spirit at this point.  I only recently took him into my tutelage and he still has much to learn."

After looking up for a moment in thought, "I am too old for any traveling but I'm sure we have one or two civilian summoners.  At the very least, the merchant I buy my components from is skilled enough to take on students." He shakes his head however, "Not all can use the magic though, and could spend years in apprenticeship only to find they lack the gift.  You may have to settle with one of our kind living among you for a time until a suitable student is found and taught."  

He points at the summoner circle built nearby the keep in the main plaza, a rather large circular rock marked with many unfamiliar symbols, "One of those would have to be carefully built, and they only have a limited capacity, I am the strongest summoner here, and even I can only transfer about a ton of equipment a month, and that is with an equally skilled summoner on the other side and none of my energy being shared with a spirit. People and animals can be transferred as well but at about a third of that capacity.  Averaging out to about 10 dracon in three months, with your people the numbers are bound to be higher but not by much."

EDIT:Forgot spellcheck.

[ May 20, 2008: Message edited by: Greiger ]

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 81