Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 81

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread  (Read 103838 times)

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2008, 11:09:00 pm »

"Yah, I'll be watching with ya. Even brought along some pieces in case I decide to join. And, no, I won't just up and quit again if I do hop on the bandwagon."

With his miniature speech over and done with, Xotes grabs a beer, opens it up and starts chugging it down.

Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2008, 12:07:00 am »

I would like to join in. I'm fairly new at this, so please tell me if I mess up.

Name: Fenneth
Spheres: Revelry, Joy, Fertility, Peace, and Knowledge
Race: Ipetian
Civ: The Ancient Order of Grass
Site type: Plain/Forest borders (any forest square that borders a plain, and vica-versa)
Hero Symbol: R
Army Symbol: r
Civ symbol: Φ

The Ipetian are somewhat like centaurs in that their upper bodies are humanoid, though their lower bodies resemble those of deer rather than horses.  At about 1 and a half meters tall, they are very fast and enjoy both running across open plains, as well as flitting in the cool shadows of the forest.

They are an incredibly relaxed people; they find humor in everything and have even been known to tell jokes on the battlefield.  Nonetheless, they can be serious if the occasion calls for it.  They are essentially an agricultural race, preferring to grow things rather than making them.  However, their skill at using plants is incredible, especially wood and cloth.  They also enjoy hunting, though their main supply of food comes from farming.

The Ipetian use their speed in combat, preferring quick and decisive attacks at an enemy's weak point.  They are equally skilled at both ranged and melee attacks, though excel at neither.

~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~

Fenneth gazed around at all those assembled.  A newcomer, he made himself right at home, pulling up a seat and smiling in his usual half-drunken way.  "Well then, looks like I'm not too late," he said with a hint of laughter.

He stroked his beard and considered the board for a moment.  "I'm in." Fumbling around in his pocket, he pulled out a wooden Ipetian piece, along with a city piece, and placed them in the south end of the western forest, directly beneath the first bend in the great river. ((row 10, column 12, I think))

[ May 15, 2008: Message edited by: Frelock ]

All generalizations are false....including this one.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2008, 01:32:00 am »

Vime clapped his hands as a number of gods assembled around the board. Some playing and nearly half that many watching. "What a good turnout!". He spares a sad glance at Armok's !!!elves!!! before getting to the task at hand.

Smiling merrily he lookes up at the holographic tv screen, a whisper of concentration passing over his place as he conjurs a small display that rotates around the holographic board, displaying the various statistics of the different portions of the board as the projector passes them, it's text switching to the turn number every thirty seconds. Concentrating again, Vime cleared the display and reset the number turn number to 'Turn 1'.

"So let's begin."

Start of Play - Turn 1

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲⌂⌂. ♣♣♣....└─┐....≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣⌂
⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..♣ ♣♣♣♣.....├───≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈S§
♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂..♣♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣.♣♣│....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
♣.⌂≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂...♣♣♣ ♣♣≈♣♣♣♣♣┌V....≈≈ ≈≈≈♣≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘...~
♣♣≈≈≈⌂⌂....┌──── ─≈≈≈──┐♣Θ♣♣...≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈....~~~~
..≈≈δX─────┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣...≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈..↑↑⌂⌂.~~~
..♣♣...♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑↑↑↑⌂▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣..♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑↑⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣♣.....♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣♣♣....≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑⌂▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
.♣....♣...RΦ♣... ♣♣♣....≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
................ .....≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≡ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲.....▲⌂⌂~↑
.....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂≈≈.▲⌂~↑≈
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈↑↑↑≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~↑
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂↑⌂↑≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲↑↑~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑⌂⌂▲▲~~~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂▲▲⌂~

code:

Current Sites:
Avecebela - Woodabby : Eastern edge of central forest: Vulpinan : Outpost (15pop)
<Unamed> - <Unamed> : North-Eastern Forest : Thelashin : Outpost (15pop)
<Unamed> - <Unamed> : Junction of western lake and river : Roshani : Outpost (15pop)
<Unamed> - <Unamed> : Southern-edge of central forest: Ipetian : Outpost

Vime, taking the initiative, flicks his index finger over the Vulpinan settlement. The small settlement swells as a myriad of small pewter figures in the figurine begin moving about.

Grinning with pleasure, he then moves Karaman along the river. North once, than North-East.

Mananjeu watched impassivly as the carpentry crews worked on bringing up another wooden wall for his home. He wasn't happy. The last few weeks he had spent living in a shallow cave dug by spades in the loam that much of the ground here comprised of. He had waited while the woodcutter crews had debated and delayed, looking for the best places to cut trees so that more could grow later. The magistrate setting one house to be built at a time to maximize efficiency.

He wasn't angry either. It was natuarl that with everyone needing a place to live that a poor smith would be forced to wait for some time. It was more... dissapointment. After all, wasn't he a citizen too? Was it because he didn't have much work? Digging out metal was hard work without a proper pick, and such a small settlement could hardly be expected to have enough people to start a 'proper' forge. Perhaps it was simply old prejuduce. After all, metalcrafting was an ignoble work, utalitarian at best. The only good thing to come of it were pretty trinkets for gifts, while it also came with a host of bad things. Like arms, armor ... and war.

That was the old way of thinking anyway. A way of thinking that Mananjeu was determined to change. The cartagrapher, Karaman, she would find hills and mountains near a water source eventually. And then, then Manajeu would be able to prove to all of his people that hiding in the forest would not last forever.

After all, not everyone is so careful when they cut the trees.

Karaman continued her journy northward, following the river as the trees around it lessened and fell away into wide plains. Soon, she came to a wide delta where two rivers met and continued along eastward. Keeping carefully to the east bank, she followed the river down it's path.

code:

⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..♣ ♣♣♣♣.....├V──≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈S§
♣.⌂≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂...♣♣♣ ♣♣≈♣♣♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈♣≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘...~
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈↑↑↑≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~↑
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂↑⌂↑≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~

code:

Current Sites:
Avecebela - Woodabby : Eastern edge of central forest: Vulpinan : Hamelet (37pop)
<Unamed> - <Unamed> : North-Eastern Forest : Thelashin : Outpost (15pop)
<Unamed> - <Unamed> : Junction of western lake and river : Roshani : Outpost (15pop)
<Unamed> - <Unamed> : Southern-edge of central forest: Ipetian : Outpost

[ May 15, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2008, 02:38:00 am »

Shelesh mused on Vime's question, wondering if he should answer or just let the other deity discover things by themselves. Eventually, he made up his mind and spoke in a low whispering voice.

"A shadow is a shadow, dear Vime. Once it's holder is no longer, it has no way of returning to the living. However, the voices of the shadows can be heard by the Thelash. Young shadows have voices like a gentle breeze of wind, barely heard, barely felt. Older shadows are more like whispers of a hurricane, they cover the breeze yet are unable to silence it completely."

Then Shelesh looked at the board before him. He extended one of his appendages, what could be considered as a finger, and noiselessly moved Shraal's token inside the first village of the Thelash. He then became more translucent and those with good ears could hear his voice yet again, but more distant, as if he was speaking to someone absent from the room.

"Shushaw shall this village be known as. And you shall guide in my name, Shraal. Speak with my voice and all will obey."

Shelesh's shape then extended, as if the shadow was trying to establish it's presence. As the shadow gradually took it's original shape, all present deities could see the forest around Shushaw turn into the most sinister area they had ever seen.

----------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Shraal had arrived in Shushaw and had began ordering housing for the slowly growing population. Already there were a few couples who had been united under the shadow of the trees. Yet trees make poor living space for the Thelash. Stone would have been nice, but digging the ground was such a pain that it was postponed.

Instead, part of the population was collecting cobwebs from the small spiders living in the forest, while carefully avoiding the Giant Spiders that were known to inhabit such a beautifully sinister place. These webs were then slowly being woven into shadow thread, which was then woven into spiralling towers around trees. These were the houses the Thelash were going to live in.

Two older Thelash were busy collecting food for the village. Their hunting method turned out to be most efficient against the creatures of the forest. They would slowly approach their prey, then turn one of their fingers into shadow and touch the animal with it. The animal would then be paralyzed by fear while the hunter would bleed it to death, collecting the blood in jars made of shadow thread. The blood contained everything the Thelash would need to keep their mortal bodies alive.

-----------------------------------------

Back in the antechamber of the gods, Shelesh was pondering yet another problem. He could of course have his answer by simply waiting for the next turn to begin, but it would be more efficient to ask.

"Vime, how many mortal years does one turn last ?"

-------------------------------

OOC : I will be slowly completing my description of the Thelash in my first post.

[ May 20, 2008: Message edited by: Istrian ]

CaptainBlood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2008, 03:50:00 am »

Hey, I'm also new but I'd like to try it out, and what could be better than an entire civilization of females. Could I get the empty spot by the lake in the middle of the mountain valley in the southeast?

Name: Hanabira
Spheres: Mischief, Revelry, Beauty, Weather and Storms
Race: Koneko
Civ: Winds of Change
Site type: Mountains
Hero Symbol: K
Army Symbol: k
Civ symbol: ♀
Outpost Name: Oakvale

The Koneko are a completely female race of catlike humans (See Mithra, FFXI) and enjoy pranks and festivals. Some are rumored to change the weather in an instant to make rain, snow, and lightning work in their favor.

They are predominately peaceful and friendly toward outsiders, but are by no means pacifists. Each Koneko is trained as soon as they can walk in the use of bows and markmanship; and, due to their agility and reflexes, they are able to traverse even the most hostile of mountain passes.

Each one has a lifespan of only 50 years, but they are able to mysteriously repopulate often. They live in sturdy wood and grass huts, since the weather never causes them problems.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2008, 03:54:00 am »

Fenneth smiled at Hanabira, and chuckled softly.  "Looks like we have something in common.  Ah, the joys of revelry; something old Shelesh over there couldn't understand. No offense meant, of course." He grinned.

Looking at the Ipetian city, he considered the jumbled assortment of pieces and continued grinning as he muttered "too few, too few."  After reaching over and grabbing a beer, he stroked his beard and commented "All it needs is a gathering, a little bit of fecundity, and a sizable amount of drunkenness to start it all off."  He pointed his finger and twiddled it about.  Yet again he chuckled as the wooden figures moved about, and more, smaller figures began to appear.

Fenneth leaned back in his chair and said, "For my first time, I think I'm doing alright."  Then he laughed, and tapped Riet's token due west twice.

Nietzsche took a long draft from his wooden mug, and sighed.  Everything was perfect in life.  The crops were good, the weather was good, and the wolves had successfully been discouraged from coming close to Buigend Riet.  In Nietzsche's mind, ever since the great festival things had become steadily boring.  He couldn't stand to see things standing still.  Still water is useless for drinking, and still hands are useless for anything.  There must be movement, change, even elements of chaos.  

Others disagreed; they believed that order was best.  Nietzsche knew better.  With order, there is no room for growth.  He needed to stir them up somehow.  Perhaps an enemy, or a disaster to which they could be rallied about.  Still, best to wait for now.  Something would eventually happen.  When Riet got back from exploring the plains to the west, likely there would be changes. If Nietzsche had his way, big changes.

Riet continued moving west.  He had lost sight of the outpost that had been named in his honor, and the forest to the north was fast disappearing.  Far into the distance, however, noticed what might be a small wood.  He would make towards that.  He laughed as the wind whipped his hair about.  It was a good day to be alive; a good day...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2008, 04:00:00 am »

What's that migrant group doing in the middle of the lake?

CaptainBlood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2008, 04:07:00 am »

I was wondering the same...

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2008, 04:41:00 am »

As Kanako faded into the mist again, Suwako took her place. With a benign smile, she put down an outpost token made of alabaster at the edge of the southern mountains.

code:
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈↑T↑≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~↑
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂¥⌂↑≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~

After 40 years of hardship, the kind of the Tengu, who were deprived of their homeland, wandering the desert, finaly reached the end of the oceanlike waves of sand. Lord Madara spread his wings to rid them of the fine sand. As he glanced back, nothing but despair met his eyes. Out of a whole race, only 15 sturdy tengu remained. Thousands of others were now eaten by scorpions and snakes.
His eyes fell on the mountains before him, and he prayed to Suwako to save his kind.

Suwako blessed the earth and made it fertile. Cherry trees blossomed, and the rice fields were rich.For the next turns, the Tengu lived in prosperity and peace.
Lord Madara was blessed with wisdom, and led his fellow kindsmen with kindess and genorosity.He announced himself High Priest, the voice of the goddess.
This first settlement was called Mayohiga.

----------
OOC: once the first meetings between civs/ the first conflicts occur, how will we decide the outcome ?
I think it would be a good idea if both gods of the civs involved will write their version, and the other gods judge whose version makes more sense.

Also, what's up with the migrating group in the middle of nowhere ?

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2008, 08:44:00 am »

(hmh! thought that the old one was dead and stopped that time... well, i guess its time for reprisals now!)

Ukko, the old storm god appeared to the middle of gods with some lighting.
"eh? there's a game goin' on? count me in!" with that, he conjured a wooden throne out of somewhere and sat on it, throwing his pieces to the gameboard.
"i shall make my home in the northern mountains!"

Name: Ukko, Storm god
Spheres: Storms, Lightning, Destruction, Wars, Razing, Bloodthirst, Warmongering
Race: storm giants
Civ: The Peak of storms
Preferred site: Mountains, islands
Hero symbol: Ç
Army symbol: ç
Civ symbol: Å

storm giants are very warlike race, finding greatest joy and glory in life at the heat of battle. The normal lifespan of a storm giant is something of 600 years. Storm giants arent that tall, they can grow to the staggering sizes of bedtime stories, true. But that is rare among their kind, whereas the usual height is about the size of 2 or three humans. The giants tend to have very sturdy frames, almost dwarflike, and tend to grow long flowing beards too.
The strength of the storm giants is awesome, they can throw large boulders over quite the distances but their endurance over crosscountry trips arent that good. They like to walk.

Giant weaponry mostly consists of warhammers and sometimes large swords, since they see that the rather large cultural weapon of them, "Thunderhammer" is pretty devastating against smaller enemies, as the mighty swings from this large warhammer like weapon tend to fling humansized enemies around. The hammer itself -usually- doesnt have anysorts of special properties, and is only called so because of its size(unusable for humansized, one or two handed for giants) and unusual appearance. The hammer tends have large spike on the top, made from copper and when giants raise the hammers during thunderstorms, they attract lighting and become electrically charged. The hammer itself is made from unusual bluish dark steel, that seems to suck light around it. Eventhough its appearance is fearsome, the hammer is quite ordinary hammer when not charged.

The storm giant feasts are a legend, the long halls where tables creak under the weight of food and barrels of alcohol, where smoke from dozens of cooking fires rises to the ceiling and waters the eyes, where old grease and dried ale inhabits every surface, where bones litter the floor and snap broken under their heavy footing, where hundreds of animals meet their roasty ends and drip with grease and spice. They eat much.

The storm giant society is Despotic and patriarchal, the strongest invidual of them rules with absolute power and a few oracles of the storm god keep the peasantry in line.
It is far from any sort of democracy, since the oracles and the king do quite much whatever they please.
-------------------------------------------

with a burst of lighting 50 giants appear in the middle of forested mountain plateau. The largest and most fearsome of them, about 10-11 meters tall, steps forward and looks around, furrowing his brows. "so... this is to be the new world our grand god has sent us to conquer?" a rather small and thin giant nods "t'is true o' lord of storms." "hmph. Well then, we better start making ourselves comfortable. I dont want to spend the winter without proper halls."
with that, he ordered half of the giants into the forest below, to cut down enough trees to start building their village. The other half he sent to hunting.
After he and the small giant were alone in the plateau he spoke. "so.. tell me oracle, can the grand god tell me of the enemies we shall meet here?" "i... dont think so. He wants us to stay here for a while i think" "bah! I was promised war and conquest in untamed lands!" "It seems that it has to wait for a while o' lord of storms. It would be best not to anger the allmighty one." "aye aye, whatever." And the lord of storms marched away, leaving the oracle to contemplate on his gods orders. Someway away, The Lord of storms looked into the plateau "I shall name this place in my honor! Let it be known as, HRAFNGARD!"

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ÇÅ^▲▲▲⌂⌂. ♣♣♣....└─┐....≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣⌂

[ May 15, 2008: Message edited by: Nhiphanter ]

[ May 25, 2008: Message edited by: Nhiphanter ]

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2008, 11:28:00 am »

"Eh, let me remove that" Vime said sheepisly as he cleared a small piece of thread that had landed on the board. "I didn't realize the projecter would pick that up as a migrant group."

code:

⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å▲▲▲⌂..♣ ♣♣♣♣.....├V──≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈S§
♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂Ç⌂⌂⌂..♣♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣.♣♣│....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
.♣....♣.R..Φ♣... ♣♣♣....≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
................ .....≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲....K▲⌂⌂~↑
.....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈

code:

Current Sites:
Avecebela - Woodabby : Eastern edge of central forest    : Vulpinan  : Hamlet
Shushaw   - ???????? : North-Eastern Forest              : Thelashin : Hamlet
<Unamed>  - <Unamed> : Junction of east of western lake  : Roshanian : Outpost
<Unamed>  - <Unamed> : Southern edge of central forest   : Ipetian   : Hamlet
Kinsebs£r - Oakvale  : Eastern Mountain-Valley           : Koneko    : Hamlet
Hrafngard - ???????  : Northern Moutains                 : Giant     : Hamlet
Mayohiga  - ???????  : Southern moutain range            : Tengu     : Hamlet

Turning to Shelash, Vime grinned "What is time for a god?" he asked, indicating the moves already taken, "Mortals move slowly, and yet last only the time of a mayfly in our eyes. However..." sparing a glance at the board as the tokens moved across the tile they had been placed in of thier own violation.

"In their terms... a few months to a year. Enough for a city to grow quickly, but not enough for a hero to travel hundreds of miles on foot. Much like the other games we play, time is not a fixed asset for us. Heros move slowly because no paths exist yet. groups move slowly becuase they must travel at the pace of their slowest member. Cities grow quickly because they lack competition. What is time really, but a fabrication anyway?"

Turning to Ukko as he took his turn, Vime shook his head. "Old man, you started too far in. There isn't any wood on those mountain peaks, and the only way out is to tunnel. Meat will be scarce there, the few goats in the area not nearly enough to feed the mouths of fifty, and even the toughest of plants will not grow without sunlight. Are you certain you want to start there? One tile to the south is still just a rough, but the adjacent hills will at least give you a place for agriculture and an ability to create settlements without building a tunnel piece by piece."

[OOC : To clarify, it really is variable. Each tile represents a very large tract of land and travel conditions are really difficult. Initally yes, growth will be too fast. Until a civ has a few cities i'm assuming that we are importing more of our civ to flesh it out. Once everyone has a population it'll be more like the gods are stepping back and natural population growth is taking over.

Captain, the place I put you will require tunneling to get out of. Since you have a mountain race that shouldn't be a problem, but overcrowding will become an issue if you wait too long to do it.

Nhipahanter, building homes for your people them all would be difficult without enough picks... that you can't build without charcol from wood found in hills, plains, and forests. Food also will be an issue, for the reasons that Vime mentioned. However, starting there will allow

[ May 15, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2008, 11:58:00 am »

(oh well, i assumed there are valleys in mountains (like in alps) but i can move my capitol a little more south so that it has more favorable conditions of living. and adress me as Ukko when in character. what do you say?)

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2008, 12:02:00 pm »

Leam dived trough clear waters of the Fishfarm*. "By now there was enough Fish for all the Roshani in the little village..." he thought ".. this is how the entire life schould be. Fishing and sunbathing on the great Rafts"

As he sneaked up on a fat rainbow trout he overlooked a vicious Carp. As he notice the huge fish it was almost to late. Leams life passed through his mind - good days and even better ones and now? Now it should end in one Bite of this freaking creature. In this Moment a ray of Light divided the Waters an tores apart the Carp.

"Leam..." a Voice said. "Leam i Ishaa, God of the Sun have saved your live. In exchange you have to become my highest Priest."
"But im not white and only 15 years old i cant be one of your priests." Leam spokes in fear.
"Age does not count to me and you should recive my blessing..."

On the next day the Roshani found Leam floating on the lake comatic but alive. While he was sleeping in his bed his scales changed from green to a perfect white. As Leam awakes one week** after his rescue his first words were "This place should be known as karatomca so Ishaa speaks and so truth it is."

--------------------------------------------

Ok i move my yet unnamed Hero to tiles East.

Summary of Jobs:

1 Priest.
3 Fisherman
2 Snakewheat*** Farmer
2 Weaver
3 Carpenters (they are also woodcutters)
1 Glassmaker (+ Woodburner)
1 Healer (= Herbalist)
1 Hunter (+ Crossbowmaker)
1 Warrior (uses a Spear)

The Village of Karatomca contains by now 3 huge Rafts with Tents, a Carpenters workshop, a Glass furnance and a small Wood furnace.

Roshani are Good and fast swimmers and can dive for 20 Minutes without problemms. They prefer to catch Fish by hand and eat them alive if possible.  

*   A Fishfarm is a circle of huge Nets weaved from Snakewheat. Most times there is one raft on Top of a Fishfarm.
**  one Roshanian week equals 10 days. 3 Weeks are a Month. 12 Months a Year.
*** Snakewheat: A submaritim variant of Rope reed.

[ May 15, 2008: Message edited by: Heph ]

[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2008, 12:12:00 pm »

Fenneth glanced at the list of sites, and began adjusting it to show the Ipetian capital's name.
code:
 Current Sites:
Avecebela   - Woodabby     : Eastern edge of central forest    : Vulpinan  : Hamlet
Shushaw     - ????????     : North-Eastern Forest              : Thelashin : Hamlet
<Unamed>    - <Unamed>     : Junction of east of western lake  : Roshanian : Outpost
BuigendRiet - Bending Reed : Southern edge of central forest   : Ipetian   : Hamlet
Kinsebs£r   - Oakvale      : Eastern Mountain-Valley           : Koneko    : Hamlet
Hrafngard   - ???????      : Northern Moutains                 : Giant     : Hamlet
Mayohiga    - ???????      : Southern moutain range            : Tengu     : Hamlet

"Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear enough." said Fenneth as he laughed at himself.

[OOC: If you're interested, the language is Dutch, or at least, internet-translated Dutch]

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2008, 12:18:00 pm »

Y'know, I never really adapted to the board-game aspect of the last thread...  I was playing it more as just a bunch of gods and their followers competing over some scrap of a world.  The game aspect seems far more prevalent in this version.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 81