Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 81

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread  (Read 106372 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread
« Reply #120 on: May 18, 2008, 06:54:00 pm »

"Erois Firelake at your service. I have been traveling deserts for one hundred and ten years, I'll keep ya safe from the local wildlife." he said with a grin patting an old, worn, longsword strapped at his hip.

After a moment he realized he forgot something, "Oh listen to this old fart ramble... I'm sorry, what is your name?"
-_-_-_-_-_-
Youh listening in on the conversation smiles happily.  "Wow, theyre getting along pretty well."  He points at the old dracon and adds an additional comment "And I like him.  These guys are usually really serious around folks they don't know.  Except for that greeting, he seems like he would be a good follower of the banana.  I'll have to write down that 'Old Fart' saying too.  It would do well in one of my books."

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 18, 2008, 07:05:00 pm »

"Ok, Riet, thats the deal then: You take my Ambassor to your country and in exchange i allow your Ambassor and all of your Kind to stay here as long as they want without any restrictions only Isshas temple should be closed to them. My Ambassador should be ready tomorrow. And for now I am proud to offer you something called "Plains spirit" which we got from our outpost Irumathra. Its an very powerfull booze if heard."

[ May 18, 2008: Message edited by: Heph ]

[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 18, 2008, 07:19:00 pm »

Seeing an opportunity, Imp picks up his ship-in-a-bottle and smashes it over Armok's head while he's distracted, deftly catching the ship in the other hand. He leans over the board and carefully tips twenty coyotes out onto the playing field.

Name: Imp, Steward of knowledge
Spheres: cunning, battle, ingenuity, knowledge, the forge
Race: Valtan
Civ: The White Wheel
Site type: lake/sea shores, any body of water
Hero Symbol: C
Army Symbol: c
Settlement Symbol: $
The Valtans are a bipedal race of sentient canids, similar to coyotes in appearance. They stand anywhere from 4.5 to 6 feet in height.

The Valtans are primarily a race of scholars and engineers, dedicating much of their resources to the pursuit of knowledge in all fields, from architecture and the arts to strategy and combat. In diplomatic relations, they tend to trade in this accumulated information rather than material goods.

On land, Valtan warriors are excellent marksmen, specializing with various types of bows, crossbows, and javelins. They are not as proficient at melee combat, but still a formidable force. They also make excellent use of chariots and other forms of mounted cavalry. On the tactical level, Valtans are unsuited for open frontal assault, preferring ambushing tactics and, to some extent, urban combat. They are most proficient at dug-in offensive or defensives and siegebreaking.
Whereas Valtans play a primarily defensive role on land, their naval assets are an entirely different story. Valtan war vessels are truly a sight to behold. They are fast, maneuverable, and heavily armed. Valtan fleets strike quickly and precisely at the very heart of the enemy.
---------------
Flavvius looked out across the sea, watching the small fishing dories as they hauled in the day’s catch. He allowed his mind to wander. He thought of his people’s previous encounters: Imp had guided and protected them in their encounters with the bearded ones in the old days, but would he be so helpful in the future, here in this strange, new world? Perhaps time would tell? But what did he know, he was an engineer, not a philosopher or a priest. As for their former foes, there had been no sign of them since their arrival, and if they did, Morindus and his men would deal with that. For now, Flavvius had nothing to worry about…

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂○┐..♣♣♣.⌂. ▲▲▲⌂⌂○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~⌂~~⌂⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂....└┐..♣♣♣♣♣ ⌂⌂⌂♣♣│♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲^▲▲
▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲♣♣♣...≈≈....♣♣ ♣...┌┘♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂⌂~~~⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣.≈≈≈≈..... ┌─┐.│...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂▲▲⌂~⌂⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣♣.≈≈└──┐.. │.└─≈≈─────○▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣♣┌┘....└#─ ┘....≈...♣♣.⌂▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣.│.....⌂↑↑ ........♣♣♣♣┌○▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲⌂⌂♣♣..│...⌂⌂#~↑ .........♣♣♣│⌂▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲⌂⌂....│..⌂⌂~~~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~V↑↑ ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂⌂
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲Ç▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂~≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣≡
⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å▲▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├───≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣§
♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂...♣ ♣♣≡♣♣♣.♣♣│....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
♣.⌂≈⌂⌂⌂ç⌂Å...♣♣♣ ♣♣≈♣♣♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈♣≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘...~
♣♣≈≈≈⌂⌂....┌─X── ─≈≈≈──┐♣Θ♣♣...≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈....~~~~
..≈≈δ──────┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣...≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈..↑↑⌂⌂.~~~
..♣♣δR.♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈☻↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣..♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈ΩΩ⌂p⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣♣.....♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣♣♣...$≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑⌂▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
.♣....♣...ΦΦ♣... ♣♣♣....≈≈≈≈≈░░≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
...........Φ.... .....≈≈≈≈≈≈≈░░░≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲.≡.♀.▲⌂⌂~↑
.....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈»≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈T¥.»≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~~
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂¥⌂¥»≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲↑↑~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑⌂⌂▲▲⌂~~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂▲▲⌂~  

code:

Avecebela - Woodabby       : E edge of C forest     : Vulpinan  : Town
Shushaw Shesh              : NE Forest              : Thelash   : Hamlet(43)
Karatomca                  : E side of W lake       : Roshanian : Village
Irumathra                  : Plains. S of Karatomca : Roshanian : Outpost
BuigendRiet - Bending Reed : S edge of C forest     : Ipetian   : Hamlet
Zuidengebied - Southfield  : S of BuigendRiet       : Ipetian   : Outpost
Westengebied - Westfield   : W of BuigendRiet       : Ipetian   : Outpost
Kinsebs£r - Oakvale        : E Mountain-valley      : Koneko    : Hamlet
Loka                       : NW of Oakvale          : Koneko    : Outpost
Hrafngard                  : N Moutains             : Giant     : Hamlet
Uthargeshud - First Fortress: S of Hrafngard        : Giant     : Hamlet
Mayohiga                   : S moutain range        : Tengu     : Hamlet
Eientei                    : E of Mayohiga          : Tengu     : Outpost
Mayohiga Harbor            : N of Mayohiga          : Tengu     : Outpost
Berseg - Might of the Mountains : SE Mountains      : Drogar    : Village
Sigslor - Seabounty        :SE Forest/Coast         : Drogar    : Outpost
Mutheithru - Campcastle    : N Desert               : Dracon    : Village
<Unamed>   - <Unamed>      : River N of Mutheithru  : Dracon    : Outpost
The Hub - The Hub          : N edge of E Moutains   : Pringer   : Town
Zurinth                    : W coast of S sea?      : Valtan    :Outpost

(EDIT: Fixed the page. That's what I get for typing up in word before I post.)

[ May 18, 2008: Message edited by: Impending Doom ]

Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 18, 2008, 07:29:00 pm »

"My name is Karamara." The vulpinan said, dropping down to four limbs and neatly slinging her staff across her back, "If your leaders are expecting me as you said we should hurry. Do you know a faster way to get there?"

The vulpinan reached over with her left hindpaw, using the digits on it to straighten out the leather tarp as she talked. The digits on the foot neatly folding and rolling it up. For the first time in months Kara felt invigorated, excited as she pulled the tightly rolled canvas up and placed it in it's components on her harness, her eyes never leaving the old dracon.

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 18, 2008, 07:33:00 pm »

((Imp! you killed the page! Newlines in code blocks, newlines in code blooocks!))

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 18, 2008, 08:15:00 pm »

"Good to meet you, Karamara." Erois smiled happily, "Neat trick with the legs there."
Then his smile faded a little, "Unfortunatly we are in a desert, there aren't any shortcuts really.  I would try to fly you there but I probably wouldn't be able to carry you safely without a basket or something." he stopped suddenly, a little conscious of what he said.

"Not to say yer fat or anything, er, well you are kinda big right now- er, but it's not- well, you know what I mean." he stutters scratching the back of his head.  "If my wife was here she would kill me for saying that." he says with a little laugh.

"Anyway if our summoner was here he could call a wind spirit for us.  He had to go search out a hurricane to command it. It's a big colorful bird the size of a Roc, it could carry us back in a heartbeat, but I'm afraid we will have to walk for now."

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 18, 2008, 09:00:00 pm »

quote:

And for now I am proud to offer you something called "Plains spirit" which we got from our outpost Irumathra. Its an very powerful booze if heard."

Riet smiled widely at the mention of liquor.  He hadn't had a real drink since that wild night with Fenneth.  "Indeed, let us drink to the prosperity of our peoples, may we grow together in peace and harmony!"  The "Plains Spirit" was excellent, and Fenneth drank a fair helping.

As they were drinking, Fenneth mentioned to Leam, "I will send an ambassador to your great city as soon as I return home.  By the way, you mentioned your ambassador would be bringing servants.  How many?" When he learned that his group would be 16 in all, he laughed.  The more, the merrier.  We will hold a great feast when we arrive for the honor of the 15."

~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~
Fenneth looked over at Issha and said, "They look like their getting along quite nicely."

[OOC:So, since the ambassador and his party will be traveling with Riet, I'll just use his symbol to show the entire party.  Also, we will be moving with the speed of the slowest member.]

All generalizations are false....including this one.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 18, 2008, 09:17:00 pm »

"There is no harm in mentioning the truth. It *is* obvious after all." Kara said, laughing at the dracon's discomfort lightly as she took off north in the twilight of falling dusk. "So tell me more about your summoners Erois. They sound like useful fellows to have around."

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 19, 2008, 12:15:00 am »

"Well, I don't know much concrete information outside of our training.  They often enable unique tactics on a battlefeild and we need to be able to take advantage of them.  Uh, lesse, the spirits they can summon are all aligned to the elements and terrain, theres one for sand and theres one for deserts, wind, fire, water, oceans, uh...forests... I don't remember them all.  But a summoner has to go to a powerful area that represents the spirit and perform some ritual or another before they gain the ability to summon it."  

Erois shivers a little bit as the sun starts going down and pulls a bundle off of his back and begins to unroll it. The bundle seems to be generating it's own heat. After a moment he stops and covers it from view with a light cloth blanket "Sorry, this material is kinda a big secret from our homeland.  I'm not supposed to show it to anyone." he lies.  

He finishes unrolling it under the blanket and drapes the whole thing over his body like a cloak, tucking his wings in underneath it and the blanket covering the whole thing.  Though for a moment a glance of a bright red glowing animal pelt is seen.  "Sorry about that, I can't survive the cold nights unprotected, this stuff protects me."

He continues with the description, trying to avoid allowing an opportunity for questions about the cloak. "Anyway the summoners can call these spirits anytime after the ritual and they can go as far away from the summoner as necessary to accomplish the mission the summoner gave them.  The summoner can even have as many called as he or she wants at one time, however they share the same energy pool. They can choose to call one very powerful, near immortal creature or many weaker ones..."
-_-_-_-_-_
Youh slaps his face in exasperation when he sees the cloak. "I should have known a veteran like him would have one of those... Why didn't I have the young one stay and the older one go back?  If that goes badly it could be on of the single biggest faux pas I have ever seen"

OOC) The pelt is a somewhat recent addition to the race's flavor since I started playing DF. But I couldn't think of any other way to explain the non hero being relatively safe in the cold. Some time ago I wanted to mod in a animal leather that protects the wearer from cold temperatures by having a high fixed temp. The dracon race has a rather brutal colddamage point and an ambush at night in a temperate area spelled instant death because of it.  The leather solved that problem.  And what kind of animal do you get this superleather from?  ...A breed of fox.

[ May 19, 2008: Message edited by: Greiger ]

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 19, 2008, 12:59:00 am »

"That sounds amazing" Kara said as the two of them set off north, struggling though the desert, "I'd like very much to meet them when we reach your city."

Turn 5

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲⌂⌂....│..⌂⌂~/~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~~↑↑ ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂≡

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲Ç▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂~≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣S
♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂...♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣.♣♣│....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
♣.⌂≈⌂⌂⌂⌂çÅ...♣♣♣ ♣♣≈♣♣♣♣♣┌≡....≈≈ ≈≈≈♣≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘...~
♣♣≈≈≈⌂⌂....┌X─── Θ≈≈≈──┐♣Θ♣♣...≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈....~~~~
..♣♣δR.♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣..♣.♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈ΩΩ⌂/⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
.♣....♣...ΦΦ♣... ♣♣♣....≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
...........Φ.... .....≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲.≡.♀.▲⌂⌂~↑

Kara panted as she struggled to keep up the lope set by Erois. While he certainly could fly faster than she could walk, he was forced to keep on the ground in order to keep his word. Even travelling like this however, the dracon was far more suited to manuverability over this terrain. His feet were webbed faintly, just enough that he didn't sink into the sand as the vulpinan did, and a transparant inner eyelid kept his eyes from watering in the dry air. The heat of the day he seemed to transform into kinetic energy just as his metabolism burned the sugars in his rations, and at night his special bundle provided him with heat.

However, Kara steadfastly didn't complain. She fought hard and kept pace with her companion. By keeping her pace at a low and comfortable lope as they crossed dune after sandy dune she  prevented herself from falling behind.For food, The rations that Erios has brought with him had fully replenished her dwindleing supply, although the dried meat was tough and nearly tasteless after long exposure to the heat. Her body ached from the exertion, and her condition, but she refused to let any discomfort show as they continued on.

"How much further?" Kara asked as they crested another dune, talking as she ran to take her mind off running, away from the dry air and her breath that condensed in a second before blowing back past her bobbing head, and away from the distracting movements of the child she bore.

Raom felt satisfaction as he stood on the an outcrop on the western bank of the Lea'alu lake.He felt pride as he sipped at his cider, watching as his companions carefully dug out a fifth home in the hard loam the covered the floor of the Odeave. True to the vulpinan code, nothing was wasted when a home was built: The majority of the structure was underground, dug into the soft loam with wooden shovels tipped with a valuable flint stone. For a smaller home, the only entrance would be a small hatchway that would lead into a small central room that served as both a kitchen and a dining area. From there rooms would extend as needed by the owner, carefully planned so that the layout would be easy for the owner of the house to use, as well as not to accidentally run into another home. Where it could suffice, eath could be used as building material, but that wasn't always the case. When existing walls did not suffice, or a mistake was made a tree would be cut down in order to fill the gap.

However, the Vulpinans were not reckless. When a tree was removed, it was cut down carefully so that it would not damage the others when it fell. Every portion of the tree was used: The bark was soaked and mashed into a fine paste, then pressed into parchment for maps and documents. The sap was carefully drawn out and boiled to a syrup, after all, few plants had any toxin dangerous to a Vulpin. Branches and arrows or part of lightweight furniture, while the root system would become a cieling for another building. What wasn't suitable for any other use was donated for campfires or crafts. Even the logs themselves, when fully processed, were carefully measured and scruitinzed before they were cut into timber. Every centimeter of the log that could be used, was used, for the Vulpinans hate loss and waste more than anything else.

Raom grinned as he pulled a spare shovel from the pile nearby and put the empty cider jug in it's place. His break was over already, and there were still three more houses to dig out here in Lilacebela.

Vime laughed as he watched Youh's antics, his teeth pulling into a wide canine grin as the turn counter increased again and the tokens moved. "Give the old man some credit Youh, he covered his faux pas up exceptionally well considering. What would you have had him do? Start to freeze as night fell? I, for one, am glad he has it."

Sobering up slightly, the golden fox reached elsewhere and pulled out a bundle of grapes. Carefully pulling the thick fruit from the vine and popping it in his mouth with abandon. "Care for one?" He asked Youh lightly, leaning back in his chair, "Fresh from the vineyard, these are. I got a real bargin for them too."

((Edit: Some time has to pass between turns. So I tried to wrap up our interaction from turn 4 as quickly as possible without making it seem strained.))

[ May 19, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

[ May 19, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 19, 2008, 02:50:00 am »

((Jamini, the migrant group stopped and built an outpost where Shraal's mining party used to be. And Shraal is in Shushaw Shesh.))
===============================================================================
How goes the mining dear brother ? thought Helesh.

Rather well, considering the difficulties we are experiencing. Those pesky grizzly bears are reather an annoyance, especially since that cave you left the ram in was one of their lairs. It took a while to get their droppings' horrible smell out of it. thought Shel as he watched the ram being rolled out of the outpost.

What about that wall I suggested ? Is it built ?

Oh, the wall, right ? It's on its way. We are mining as much rock as we can. It should be finished in a couple of months. You really should be the one in charge here, instead of me, Helesh.

Images swirled through their minds. A bridge over a chasm dominating a river. The bridge is unfinished. Images of stones, many stones. A road, progressively being paved.

And hello to you too, Thlash. Don't worry, your road is still a priority, so you get the best stones. Lord Shraal wants the road between Shesh and Hath finished soon thought Shel.

Helesh's conversation was interrupted by Shraal.

"How goes the defensive planning for Shushaw Shesh ?"

"I am nearly done establishing the huge shadow webs in the surrounding forests. Giant spiders have begun nesting there. If someone wishes to enter our city, they will need a guide to avoid sudden death. That or the ability to fly. Have the scholars finished their calculations ?"

"Indeed they have. At first the position of these new stars we are not used to was slightly confusing, but now we have an accurate map of this world. We will soon have a good idea of where we can find other civilisations. What are you going to do when you finish the defenses ?"

"I have the idea of portals between our cities. This way we will be able to transport resources without using dangerous roads. They will their power directly form the land...."

Shraal lost track of the conversation as another memory of the old world pushed into his mind.

==============================================================================
The Grand Council, supreme rulers of the Thelash were listening to Shraal's master as he delivered his speech on the doom of the Thelash.

"...now every single race, even our allies and friends, have united against us. Already two of our cities have been burned to the ground. We have no choice. I ask the Council to evacuate."

"Where to ? There is no place for us to go in this world where we will be safe." said a Councilmember

"The portals we use to transport resources can be modified to open on another world. We will be able to start again, far away from here, where the races living here will not be able to hit us."

"Your plan is interesting, but it implies the sacrifice of our population for one of us to be granted divine powers. And we are not even sure it will work." said another Councilmember

"I know it will work. I have tested it on my assistant here. All tests show that he is now immune to the effects of time. Now imagine what kind of powers would be granted when the whole Thelash race sacrifices itself."

"We will think about that, Lord Shelesh."

With that, the memory faded.

"If you finish your calculations, speak with me before testing the portal."

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~~↑↑ ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂⌂

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲Ç▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂~≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣§
..♣♣δR.♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣..♣.♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈ΩΩ⌂/⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
...........Φ.... .....≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲.≡.♀.▲⌂⌂~↑

code:

Shushaw Shesh    : NE Forest        : Thelash   : Hamlet(43)
Shushaw Hath     : N of Sh. Shesh   : Thelash   : Outpost(13)

code:

Leaders status
Shraal    : Shushaw Shesh         : Administrating colony
Shel      : Shushaw Heth          : Administrating colony
Helesh    : Shushaw Shesh         : Boosting defenses/Research
Thlash    : Between Shesh & Heth  : Building a road

CaptainBlood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 19, 2008, 03:53:00 am »

(Wow time went quick this weekend. Also not sure if you noticed Gaulgath, but my hero introduced herself to your hero and the Pringers.)

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Kira had spent the last few months with the Drogar and Pringer X-2 and was sure they would get along fine. When she introduced one Drogar to the Koneko beer he replied, "That's beer?!? It must be forty percent alcohol!" But drained the last of her supply anyway.

Trade Proposal for Drogar
Request: Metal Armor and Daggers
Offer:   Lots of Food and Beer

Trade Propasal for Pringers
Request: Metal Armor and Daggers
Offer:   Fat and Tallow from animals. (For greese or mechanical lubrication?)

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

After having the time of her life meeting with such new and interesting beings, Kira decided to return back home. Yet, Hanabira had other plans.
As Kira walked towards the mountains she looked back and took in the view of the  Drogar settlement. They sure were ingenious she thought. Right as she jumped up to a boulder, Hanabira popped into view in front of her and she lost her balance and fell, but stopped suddenly in midair and floated to the ground.
This time, they were both laughing.
"I wish you wouldn't do that"
Hanabira replied with a laugh, "You better get used to it"
"Well, the Drogar and Pringers seem like good allies to have in the future, especially with that 20 foot tall one."
"Yes, I agree. Thats why you should put that back..."
"What" Kira said, blushing slightly.
A little exceptionally crafted stone mug floated out of her bag.
"That."
"Oh.. Well.. you know I just figured since they weren't using it... I just borrowed it is all."
Hanabira grabbed it. "I'll take it back, but I'm not sending you home. I want you to go to the North, there is another race there."
Kira sighed, but nodded in acceptance.
"Tread lightly, I'm not sure what to make of the beings there. I will come to you again before you reach the destination," then Hanabira added with a smile, "and please try not to 'borrow' anything without permission again."
Kira blushed again.

code:

..♣♣δR.♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈☻↑↑K£▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣..♣.♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈ΩΩ⌂p⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
...........Φ.... .....≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲♀..♀.▲⌂⌂~↑

[ May 19, 2008: Message edited by: CaptainBlood ]

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 19, 2008, 05:11:00 am »

code:

..♣♣δR.♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈☻↑↑K£▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣..♣.♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈ΩΩ⌂p⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
...........Φ.... .....≈≈»≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲♀..♀.▲⌂⌂~↑
.....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.¥.»≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~~
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂¥⌂¥≈»≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~

The new years festival was ended yesterday. The sky was still clouded with the smoke of the purifying fires, and some drunken Tengu were still roaming the street, trying to tumble home. During the rituals of the festival, Lord Madara saw the future, and judged it was time to set the sails for the new world. The nobility of Mahoyiga was concerned that the highpriest leaving the capitol might be judged as a bad omen by the people, but Madara has taken precautions. The leadership of the southern land would fall to his son, Koga, the soon-to-be leadership of the eatern coast of the new world to his daugther, Sanae. Both of them were priests, and in the state of deep mediation, were able to hear anothers voice.
As his men loaded supplies for many months, food, wood, weapons, cloth, and lots and lots of ricewine on the ships, he took a last, long look at his land and sighed. The hardships of the new world were certain, and it pained him to know that he migth never see it again.
---------------------------------

OOC: Since no one answered me, I will simply assume that ships move one tile per turn.

Number round-up:

Mahoyiga:Hamlet:20
Harbour of Mahoyiga:Outpost:7
Eientei:Outpost:8

Madara's ship:heading northwest:14
Sanae's ship: heading east: 14

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 19, 2008, 06:01:00 am »

OOC :
On ships. Maybe we should decide which way the wind is blowing at the beginning of each turn ? Then ships travelling in that direction could move 2 tiles instead of one. Divine powers can of course be used to change the wind (for deities related to Air)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 19, 2008, 06:04:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Istrian:
<STRONG>OOC :
On ships. Maybe we should decide which way the wind is blowing at the beginning of each turn ? Then ships travelling in that direction could move 2 tiles instead of one. Divine powers can of course be used to change the wind (for deities related to Air)</STRONG>

good idea.
lets do that from next turn on

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 81