Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 81

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread  (Read 106375 times)

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread
« Reply #1050 on: June 17, 2008, 02:28:09 pm »

The giants holded on front of the barracks, way too small for them to even try scramble in. Hrafn glanced around him and saw his bodyguards, gave them a nod and turned back to Raom and the other vulpinan soldiers assembled here. His bodyguard silently took his sides, two at both sides facing the vulpinans and one behind Hrafn.
"Raom, i must say we arent going to be able to get in there. We have to discuss our deal outside"
Before the old fox could respond Hrafn made a motion to the bodyguard who immediately stood in a more combat like manner, readying their weopon hands to draw the swords from their backs. Hrafn scretched a bit and yawned.
"By the Grand god... I Am glad, that we are out of the forest! You know Raom... i would have taken all the archers with me"
With those words he brought his hand down, like a person ordering fire to be opened.
The giant behind Hrafn threw his hammer high up to the sky, over the walls into the direction where the other elites were. Almost immeadetly when the hammer began to fall, a lightning went out in the distance. This time, with deep rumble like hundreds of hammers hit to ground at the same moment. The bodyguard drew their swords at great speed and readied themselves for a fight. Hrafn looked at the multitude of vulpinans, now weapons drawn and breathing heavily.
"For your sake, my friend Raom, i hope you will surrender. You do realize that my bodyguard isnt everything i have in my disposal? I have 200 giants marching here at full speed even now!"

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

The army had saw the lightining, and immediately it had set out at full speed. Finally the scouts caught sight of a city.
The army would arrive at the city in several hours.

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

After sending forward the message the 15 elites swiftly unsheathed their weapons and began running towards the city. five of them constantly looked around in case of the vulpinan hunters and archers.

OOC: I must still insist that the army will arrive in several hours, since it would be pretty ridiculous for them to wait three months for the army and then make the city surrender.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 09:28:34 am by Nhiphanter »

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: June 17, 2008, 02:57:23 pm »

I would volunteer to write the battle, but I fear by now I am too biased and a bad choice for a fair volunteer
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: June 17, 2008, 03:01:06 pm »

((Aw, it feels like I have basically stopped RPing, I just run this like a board game...))

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Turn 31: (Spring)

Code: [Select]
♣♣│♣♣....⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
♣♣└≈≈─○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
.♣♣♣│⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
..⌂▲○▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
.⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂○┐..♣♣♣.÷. ▲▲▲⌂⌂○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲∞══∞═╗⌂⌂▲○▲ ▲▲⌂....└┐..♣♣♣#. ⌂⌂⌂♣♣│♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲^▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲╔╝~~~~╚═∞▲│▲ ▲z♣♣♣...≈≈.....♣ ♣...┌┘♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲∞╝~~⌂⌂~~~║▲│▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣.≈≈≈≈..... ┌─┐.│...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂▲▲⌂~⌂∞‼╡▲ ▲▲/=z==z≈≈└──┐.. │.└─≈≈─────○▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲=┘▲ ▲▲Z⌂==♣┌┘....└#─ ┘....≈...♣♣.⌂▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲‼‼┘▲▲ ▲▲=⌂♣z.│.....⌂↑↑ ........♣♣♣♣┌○▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂○⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲‼══╗ ▲⌂%♣♣..│...⌂⌂#~↑ .........♣♣♣│⌂▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○▲▲╚ ═‼⌂════╪══⌂⌂~║~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│♣⌂▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~╠═# ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐δ⌂ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲♥▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..╔D≈» ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣§
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐⌂ ⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å╗▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├──Θ»≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣♥
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂│♣ ♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂⌂≡⌂⌂...♣ ♣╔═╗♣♣.♣♣v....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..┌─┴─ ─┐δ≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂Å..Å♣♣♣ ╔╝≈╚╗♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘...~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○──┘.⌂♣ ♣└─≈≈⌂⌂....┌───ç Θ≈≈≈╨─┬═Θ<....≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈....~~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..⌂⌂⌂ ♣♣≈≈δδç───Θ┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣...≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈...╔£.~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂... .♣♣♣δ..♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣╞v╞..s≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑↑↑↑£╝▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~. .♣♣.║♣.♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣>♣╞╞..≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈»ææ⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~ .♣♣♣║.Φ..♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣♣♣⌂¥⌂æ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂≡▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~ .♣..≡ΦΦΦ..ΦΦΦ... ♣♣♣..¥♥¥≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂~~~~~~~~~ .....≡Φ....Φ.... .....⌂⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈»¥¥▲♀..♀.▲⌂⌂~↑
⌂⌂~~≈≈≈≈≈↑↑⌂⌂~~~ ↑....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈»≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈¥▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈
~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲▲▲ ⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.¥.≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~~
≈≈≈↑↑≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂⌂ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂¥═¥≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~
≈≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈.↑≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂¥▲↑¥~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈.≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑⌂⌂▲♥⌂~~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂▲▲⌂~

Efil-inira: 42 !!elves!! (hamlet) (+-0 since last turn)
Ariquemera: 100 !!elves!! (town+hamlet) (-5 since last turn)
Mindgates: 35 !!elves!! (hamlet) (+5 since last turn)

Mining outpost by Ariquemera: 19 elves (outpost) (+4since last turn)

In armies/expeditions: 3 !!elves!!
Other: 2 working/travelling between Ariquemera and Efil-inira. 10 In migrant group going down the magma river.
Total: 182 !!elves!!

((Fothacema negotiates whit Dracon.  ((Won’t those set of towards Efil-inira soon?))
Iranineleni sobs in the giant’s fire-pit.
Amizoimi live happily whit the Zefies.
Efil-inira has stagnated.
 “The Great Façade of Efil-inira” begun, sealing/deconstruction of old city 97% complete, building the castle 45% complete, needed parts for castle ordered from Ariquemera have all arived.
Mindgates is founded north of Ariquemera, the tunnel is made and breeched to the golems were the golems and !!elves!! finally see each other, a great party is thrown in Nova.
The tunnel and basic housing and infrastructure is done for Mindgates. A few elves move to live in Nova and a few golems to live in Mindgates. Metal industry of Nova is greatly improved as they hire a few !!elves!! to help whit smithing and melting.
A temporary lightcom hub is set up in a pre-existing tower in Nova for communication whit Ariquemera, this also gives the golems instant communication between nova and their capital.
Plans are made for Eliyeecate, Skynet.
The battle golems project is begun under the temporary name “Guardians Project” in Ariquemera:
Planning done by Ilecaaye, iron prototype bodies are begun construction (60% complete) and some various internal components like optics and computer components are begun.
Plans are being made about Eliyeecate.

List of important people:
Acathiima, hero and leader of Efil-inira: Legendary organizer, skilled bow!!elf!! (Doing paperwork and ruling from The Seat of Authority, in Efil-inira.)
Yanenirica-Awidi, advisor and secretary of Acathiima: professional lawyer, professional diplomat, legendary organizer, master politician, legendary liar, legendary flatterer. (Doing paperwork and ruling by The Seat of Authority, in Efil-inira.)
Ilecaaye, ground-breaking geologist: grand-master miner, grand legendary geologist, talented metalworker, master chemist, skilled mechanic, master mathematician. (Working on “Guardians Project” in Ariquemera.)
Fothacema, scout/diplomat: professional scout, skilled ranger, talented diplomat (negotiating whit the Dracon.)
Iranineleni, lawyer: professional lawyer, professional diplomat, skilled organizer, novice politician, dabbling jackass, dabbling scout. (Captured and “enslaved” by storm giants.)
Amizoimi, scout/diplomat: skilled scout, skilled ranger, talented bow!!elf!!, talented diplomat, novice middlemanagement, novice cartographer. (negotiating whit the Zefies.)

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: June 17, 2008, 03:01:24 pm »

I think strife should decide the battle because his guys dont know about the Vulpis or the Giants by now.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: June 17, 2008, 03:15:27 pm »

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂... .♣♣♣δ..♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣╞v╞..≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑↑↑↑£╝▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~. .♣♣.║♣.♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣>♣╞╞..≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈»ææ⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~ .♣♣♣║.Φ..♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣♣♣⌂¥⌂æs≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂≡▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~ .♣..≡ΦΦΦ..ΦΦΦ... ♣♣♣..¥♥¥≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~

((The airship moves 2 tiles SW carried by the wind))
==========================================================================
Thlash watched the ruins through the powerful telescope mounted in one of the observation cabins. He could not distinguish much from that distance, but as expected there were burned buidings everywhere. The only ones standing were the walls and a large fortress built into the cliff. It was also fairly easy to see that the ground had been broken and formed what looked like large trenches. Thlash already supposed that most of the explosion happened underground.

He couldn't think properly, however. The presence in his mind grew stronger. They were approaching something dangerous but at least they had nothing to fear. After all the Thelash were not known as the master of the shadow for nothing.
==========================================================================
"This is why it is possible for us to give enchanted items the properties we want them to have. This is why we have to study the collection and merging of souls. This way we can have control over our enchantments.

I would like the present Council to grant resources for the creation of a pillar dedicated to studying gems and souls and their use in enchantments, as well as a way to control the effects."

With that Helesh was done with his speech in front of the Master Council. He looked at the faces of those assembled. The Bloodmaster and the Weavemistress had their hoods on, a sign they did not trust him or his words. The Clockmistress was was visibly unconvinced. Only the Loremaster looked interested in the project. Shraal was also there, even though his presence at council sessions were rare. He looked his usual way, his face betraying no emotions.

Finally the Loremaster spoke up.

"Thank you for your proposal, Mayor Helesh. We will reflect upon its consequences for the future of the Thelash. Please, leave the session now."

These words were traditional after a proposal before the Master Council. Helesh bowed slightly and left the large chamber.

A few hours afterwards he got his answer : rejected. The study of souls and gems was a waste at the moment, and Helesh's previous screw-up was only proof of the lack of predictability of magic. Helesh wasn't disappointed for long, though. Some time after that the Loremaster approached him with a proposal : a new department of Soullistics and Crystallurgy within the Mindpillar.

Helesh's battle plan against the council had succeeded. When you want the moon, ask for the Sun.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: June 17, 2008, 03:36:08 pm »

Riet galloped eastward.  The Winespring had again bubbled, signaling the coming of Dronkenacht.  The villagers had been called to the city, and another celebration was held.  Fenneth had declined to make another appearance at this one, but it was of no consequence.  The festival was still as loud and raucous as before.  However, this gave Riet the perfect excuse to bring all the children of Wijnfontein and its surrounding villages together to be tested.

Thus far, only five children had been found with the powers of the plainshapers.  Leef was, by far, the best; the others could barely make their first leaf in two hours.  Leef had done it in five minutes.  But that was to be expected.  They needed training, and discipline, before they would be able to communicate effectively with Life itself.  Though there were only five now, they were all barely at the age where they could show such signs of power.  More were hiding among the babes, and when they matured, they would be led by these "elders."

Riet laughed.  The though of Leef and the others with beards, around a table that was too tall for them, making decisions which would effect all the Ipetian people, it was just too comical.  No, they certainly were not elders yet.  Perhaps, in time...  Riet realized that his thoughts were drifting.  He put his mind on the road ahead, and galloped forward toward Buigend Riet, and a new generation of leaders.

~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~

Nietzsche and his group continued along the road built by the Roshani.  Their destination was the Roshanian capital, where they were to establish an Ipetian embassy.  Nietzsche still wasn't sure if he was right for such a job, but Riet had assigned this task to him; and so he went, willing to help his people in any way he could.

They had met with a Roshanian caravan along the way, and exchanged pleasantries.  Nietzsche had kindly informed them of their trading prospects, and who they should go to for the best food, drink, crafts, and cloth.  They had been thankful and offered similar information about their capital.  However, Nietzsche had explained that the goods they carried were, in essence, gifts for the Roshani.  Fine food and drink, along with copious amounts of plant fiber cloth and wooden amulets, bracelets, instruments, and mugs.

Understanding and thankful, the caravan departed.  Nietzsche was pleased with the test of his language skills, and, with the others, continued on their path to the capital.  Mustn't let those roasts spoil...

((A group of 15 Ipetians moves out from Wijnfontein along the road to the Roshanian capital.  Riet moves along the road (which wasn't copied from Armok's map) and makes it to Westengebied.  Growth goes into Nietzsche's group.))

▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~. .♣♣.≡♣.♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣>♣╞╞..≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈»ææ⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~ .♣..≡ΦΦΦ══ΦΦΦ... ♣♣♣..¥♥¥≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: June 17, 2008, 03:45:16 pm »

I just knew I forgot something. Like population growth.
Shushaw Shesh              : NE Forest              : Thelash   : Flying Hamlet(32)
Shushaw Hath               : N of Sh. Shesh         : Thelash   : Citadel(31)

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: June 17, 2008, 08:56:26 pm »

((Niph, the barracks is open-air. It's not a building. I tried to make that very clear from the three times I've described it.

Also, if there is a fight a third party really should write it. Not either of us. Personally I would prefer Poltifar, Istarian, or Xotes be the one to write it, as they have each impressed me a good amount with their writing. As Akroma said he would likely have a conflict of interest at best, as would Grieger, Imp, Frelock, Armok,or Heph I feel. At any rate, I don't feel that the combat in the last scene should be counted as cannon yet. The vulpinans would not have capitulated very quickly, and the fight would have drawn a good amount of attention from the surrounding area.

At any rate, I have a lot of other gripes about your post.

1. Tiles are many MILES wide. The remaining fifteen of the elite guard can see the city, but they are not close enough to be "securing" the enterance yet. Any move from them and my hunters will easily outpace them and return to the gates with news of an incoming attack. The vulpinan attack force intercepted them well clear of the city so that your army could NOT do exactly what you are trying too.

2. Six giants, even including a champion, would not defeat nearly four times their number so quickly, especially without far more casualties on both sides. Addtionally, you ignored any possibility of civiliians who may have been sucked into the fight. I'm not saying that you wouldn't have a chance of winning, but striding into a very large town filled with over one hundred potentially hostile creatures with only six soldiers and provoking a fight sounds a lot like suicide to me.

Certainly, you chose to initiate the fight, so now I feel it would be prudent for us to pick a neutral third party to write it. I insist that you edit your post and allow a neutral third party to determine the outcome of this fight.))
Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: June 17, 2008, 10:49:43 pm »

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..⌂⌂⌂ ♣♣≈≈δδç───Θ┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣...≈≈» ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈...╔£.~~~

X-2's log. Date: Unknown.

Well, it's been a while since I've written in here, so I decided to do so.

First off, on subject of that ship we ran into. It was strange, as there was absolutely NOTHING on it. It was, basically, a ghost ship. Very disturbing, in my opinion. We sent a few Pringers to check it out, and they found some good loot. It'll be enough to sell off as trade goods in case we meet anyone strange to the west. If there is land to the west, anyway. Frankly, we're all getting tired of this, and I fear the crew may revolt if we do not get any results soon. I think we could keep going for another year, at most, before they get sick of us and take control of the ship. The consequences of that are something I don't want to imagine.

End log.

((Basically, due to its absence, I moved my ship 4 tiles west from where it was before it got baleeted. Oh, and a quick POP CHECK:

The Hub:273
Hamlet: 46 ))
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: June 18, 2008, 12:49:16 am »

Turn 32, summer

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐⌂ ⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å╗▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├v─Θ»≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣♥
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂│♣ ♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂⌂≡⌂⌂...♣ ♣╔═╗♣♣.♣♣│....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○──┘.⌂♣ ♣└─≈≈⌂⌂....┌───ç Θ≈≈≈╨─┬═Θ♣....≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈....~~~~

((Posting the next turn, but I'm delaying acting on turn 32 until we resolve the issue in Liliaceleba.

For my last turn. The messenger wisp reaches Aveceleba with the news. The herbalist begins training two tengu students. Currently she is teaching them how to find the correct type of herbs needed, as well as how to safely gather them. Additionally, she is checking to see what type of herbs are in the area. (and doing a little experimentation of her own.

One scout departs Romilath upstream.

A large number of Vulpinans have also asked to settle in Karatomca this turn.
Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: June 18, 2008, 02:01:08 am »

Silvak entered the city of Romalith fully armed and with an escort of 5 bodyguards bearing the symbol of the eletes of the dracon army.  Each one veterains of many battles.  Silvak hoped there would not be another one.  Valigor reported the old dictator overthrown but from the sound of his report Silvak suspected that there could be underground groups still loyal to him and figured he would rather be safe than sorry.

While they were being escorted to the palace Silvak noticed that a large number of the population had turned out to see the Dracon leader, most had expressions of intrest but he was sure he saw some angry looks from more than one building.  He was suddenly intensely aware of all the small gaps in his ceremonial armor a poisoned arrow could fit through, but he tried not to let it bother him.

Once in the meeting hall and the group reached Karamara they unsheathed their swords as one and placed them on th ground in front of them, point inward. After doing this the bodyguards stepped back and kneeled, though they did not lower their heads in the same fashion as one would do to ones lord.  Silvak had placed his Nodatchi on the ground in a similar fashion to his bodyguards though he did not step back or kneel.

"Greetings Lady Karamara.  I have come to negotiate a new tax and to retrieve what goods were stolen by the previous ruler of this settlement." Silvak said with a short bow.  Trying hard to be as formal as possible.
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐δ⌂ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲♥▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..╔╝≈» ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣§
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: June 18, 2008, 02:03:52 am »

OOC: Jamini, I realized there might be things that conflict. I will homever try to explain why things happened in my post as they did.

First of all, about the tiles. I realize they are miles wide but i have to this point taken it more or less flexible. Eg, an unit outside the city is marked on the tile next to the city, even if he was pretty close.

Then the point where they defeated the vulpinans quickly and only with one soon to be casualty. I assumed the vulpinans werent too prepared for the fight, whereas the giants were all the time since it was the plan. And about the civilians, well, I dont think unarmed unarmored untrained vulpinans would prove very much of a challenge. Homever, i didnt take them into the fight since it was a barracks. There isnt usually much civilians there and i imagine they wouldnt want to take part in the part. Afterall, life is a wondrous thing.

I can homever edit the post to more flexible form.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: June 18, 2008, 02:51:59 am »

((Jamini, you forgot to let the Vulpian lord return to your capital. Also. I request a little more detail about what the herbalist teaches the tengu, the plants she finds avaiable in my area, as well as the effect and potency of the poison I can aquire from them.

Btw in case you haven't noticed. What he is trying to do with his army does not have to be possible. He is bluffing. Also, I pay my respect to the giants due to Nhipanter having read a history book before making his strategy. The idea is superbly brilliant, as the vulpians would realize that an army 150 giants would not be stopped by whatever was supposed to intercept them))

Turn 32-summer

Mohayiga+harbour: City : 110
Eientei: City : 130
Murakami: Town : 100
Makai : Town : 100
Divine shrine : cloister : 20

Makai-settler group: 40 people on the way northwards

Murakami settler group: 36 people on their way north-west

Mahoyiga's ship group: 45 people on their way to Murakami
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲┌┘▲ ▲▲Z⌂==♣┌┘....└#─ ┘....≈...♣♣.⌂▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~ .♣♣♣║.Φ..♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣♣≡⌂¥⌂æs≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~ .♣..≡ΦΦΦ══ΦΦΦ... ♣♣♣..¥♥¥≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂≡▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~

Makai and Murakami send settler groups to expand, Mahoyiga sends parts of it's population to Murakami.

------------------------

The next lesson started in mostly silence. Each of the students had a barrel placed in front of them, so had Tomoe. Casually, he was resting his hand, together with his hauchiwa rest on the barrel. As the students were starting to wonder why he was not speaking, the barrel suddenly imploded, without warning. One of the students was so suprised he jumped 2 meters backwards.

"This," told their teacher,"is what we call a vacuum. A completely empty space, devoid of any air. The forces it creates are powerful, it can easy destroy this sturdy oaken barrel for example. To create such a vacuum, you have to make use of what i told you last lesson. The veins of the hauchiwa. Their are a tunnel through which air can escape, and you can use it to transport air from one place to another. Concentrate on the flow. You should be able to do that on your own by now, so please, destroy these barrels. In the mean time, I will make a fire and roast some sweet potatoes.

A whole hour passed before the first barrel was slightly dented. In the mean time, Tomoe was enjoying his roasted sweet potatoes. Speaking with his full mouth, he adressed the students.

"What went wrong, what do you think ?"

"I...I believe they don't explode because there are so many tiny holes in the barrel. When I suck the air out, it gets quickly replaced."

The teacher clapped his hands. "Bravo ! When I was first taught about the vacuum, it took me days to realize this. The barrel will not explode like that. You have to build up the vacuum to the max before you can collapse it and destroy the barrel."

He placed the hauchiwa fan above the smoke of the fire the potatoes roasted in. Slowly, so that the students could follow his work, he began sucking the smoke through the hauchiwa. But instead of that the smoke filled the empty void he was creating, it stayed where it was. An invisible force was stopping it from entering the vacuum.

"once again, it is about the manipulation of mana. You have to manipulate the shape of the mana into the shape of a sphere, pushing it out of the air you want to suck away, and into the air all around it. That way, you can keep up a vacuum for as long as you can concentrate. And now, watch this !"

He motioned his fan towards a nearby tree, and being made visible by the smoke, the vacuum was moving towards it, untill it was in direct contact with it's rind. Then, suddenly, the vacuum collapsed, ripping of the rind and a big chunk of wood out of the tree.

"The force of a collapsing vacuum is immense. Even more so, if you direct the collapse by only opening a small hole in the mana-sphere around it. It can easily tear away wood, stone, water and flesh. This is the most powerful aspect of this level of air magic. And I, as your teacher, forbid you to teach it to anyone but your own children. The Tengu magic is also the vulpian magic now, but nevertheless, this weapon is a secret which I would not have passed on if it wasn't for Lord Madara personaly asking me to do so. I know, I hold no authority over your actions in the future, but see it as a sign of mutual trust. We entrusted you with this powerful weapon. Now do not disappoint us."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: June 18, 2008, 03:44:47 am »

((ATTENTION : Mighty Post Ahead))
Finally, after more than a two-year journey the Shuhalal arrived to the site where the flame pillar appeared. The airship circled around the city, letting its occupants see the extent of the destruction that pillar had wrought. The outline of streets was clearly marked, unless these were sewers, which was more likely. From above it could easily be seen that the destruction started in the middle of the city, where a huge round stone was standing.

The huge metallic feet of the dragon-airship extended as it hit the ground. Hit was not a godd word as the landing of the airship was light as a feather. Immediately the five archaeologists, accompanied by three operators left went to work, silently. Thlash headed with a group of two toward the stone in the middle of the ruins.

One group entered the fortress. They could see that the entrance gates had melted under the heat. What they found inside were a few skeletons, charred and nearly decomposed, as well as remains of strange contraptions they had never seen the like before. Unfortunately they could do nothing with the devices, not even guess what they were for, as they were mostly destroyed.

As they took a few skeletons and envelopped them in shadow silk for preservation, they noticed a few ghosts lingering about, probably held by whatever trragedy had taken their lives. Never letting an opportunity go to waste, the Thelash took out one of the soul gems and after a short incantation captured one of the ghosts. That would let them learn more about what happened there, as well as about the language of the race of the ghost.

Meanwhile in the middle of the city Thlash was looking at the stone while his companions were taking samples. Attracted by a strange pull, Thlash chipped out a small piece of the stone and gave it a slight lick. The taste it had was not unfamiliar. It was that of dried blood, dried virginal blood. Deep in thought Thlash walked back to the airship.

Above the city, some shapes were approaching. They were Tengu in nature. A certain Kaku, a minor noble, short and embarrassingly silly was being escorted by five of his personal bodyguard -who were covertly mocking him behind his back, to relieve the tension of the situation- to the city to investigate reports of a dragon landing. When he noticed the huge beast in the middle of the fortress courtyard he became terrified.

Still he looked around and noticed a few shapes lurking in the city, carrying things back and forth. He looked at them and noticed they were in groups of two or three. He singled out a group in which one of the shapes was taller than the others, probalby the leader, he thought. Kaku landed in front of the shape and mustering his fear, said :

"Identify yourself !"

The Thelash he was speaking to, not understanding what the small creature was saying, just pointed in the direction of the airship, hoping the creature would understand that he ought to seek out Thlash, who was probably in that direction.

The Tengu looked there but saw nothing that would interest him and repeated :

"Identify yourself !"

The Thelash sighed. That sigh spoke lengths about how annoyed he was about being interrupted in his work by a creature that had probably no knowledge about the importance of History and Archaeology. The creature was probably so primitive it still lived in caves and hunted its neighbours as a hobby. The Thelash had certainly no problems putting that much meaning into a sigh. Still, he moved toward the airship and motionned for the Tengu to follow.

At his great surprise, the Tengu seemed to understand what he actually wanted and followed. They went back to the airship and on the way there they found Thlash, going toward the airship as well.

After a brief exchange in Shadowwhisper, the language of the Thelash, Thlash was left alone with the creature. He waited there, waiting for the creature to say anything.

"Who are you and what is the reason for your presence here." said Kaku.

Thlash answered by images and feelings.

Imageof a Thelash. Image of Light and Darkness. Image of the flame pillar. Feeling of curiosity.

Kaku seemed to understand what Thlash meant and answered : "This is our holy land. Demons in the form of bipedal dogs tried to claim it and waged war against us. However, we managed to push them back and destroy their city. As we were about to finish it once and for all, they fled and ambushed us with a
bomb. This bomb was the origin of the flame pillar. These bastards fight without honor, bombing long after they have lost and fled the battle field. Curse them."
Then he spat on the ground.
"Where do you come from ?"
Image of the rising sun. Feeling of dread. Feeling of anger. Image of the setting sun. Feeling of curiosity.
"I am deeply sorry, but I do not understand what you are trying to say."
Thlash was disappointed, he wanted to know more about the sinister presence he had felt. Still, he had a mission and it would not be useless to learn more about the war.
Feeling of disappointment. Image of two armies. Image of Tengu and Valtans fighting. Feeling of curiosity.
"I already told you about that. The Dog-demons were unrightfully claiming our land and sent spies to our settlements. Not long after, they started attacking our peasants. We decided to drive them out of our land before they mobilized their whole army against us. And they were sore losers, killing us even after they fled from our might."
Again, he spat on the ground, then he grabbed one of the guards and shows the Thelash his burn scars.
"This is their work." he added.

Thlash was not satisfied with the answer. The images he had received were too blurry to be a truth. Something in what the Tengu had said was a lie, and a lie the Tengu did not believe either. Still, this way of interrogation would not bring more information and if the Tengu was not willing to trust, the Thelash would keep his hood.

Feeling of completeness. Feeling of expectation.
"If you are from the east, from the other side of the sea, perhaps you know about our city Makai. It should be close to your cities."
Feeling of denial. Image of Tengu in a city against the rising sun. Feeling of curiosity.
"From here, go east across the sea until you reach the easter coast. Then follow it south and you should be in Makai. When you have found what you were searching for, you might consider coming with us towards the palace. Lord Madara the great will be pleased to meet you in person instead of just hearing my report."
Now Thlash had learned something interesting. The lord of the Tengu was called Madara and the images Kaku associated with him suggested that Madara was probably very powerful and frightening.
Feeling of urgency. Image of the Thelash leaving. Feeling of being boud to greater powers. Feeling of being unable to take a decision.
"That's unfortunate. Do you have any messages you want me to bring to the Lord ?"
Image of the airship going north-west. Image of the Thelash and the Tengu meeting there. Feeling of interrogation.
"I am sorry to inform you, but my lord has yet to return from negotiation with our northern neighbours. I don#t think the message will reach on time, if you have it that urgent."
Feeling of non-urgency. Feeling of completeness.
Thlash slighlty bowed to the Tengu noble. Kaku bowed as well and said :
"I hope we can meet again sometime. Don't forget to visit Makai."

With that, he and his bodyguards left. Thlash returned to the airship to find an interesting occurrence. A small metallic bird was banging its head against the hull of the ship. What surprised Thlash was that the bird was banging prime numbers. It was obviously a sign of intelligence, more intelligence than the Tengu had shown.

The bird and Thlash spent hours looking at each other and the bird attempted multiple times to communicate with Thlash, who had absolutely no idea what the thing was trying to tell him. Finally the bird drew an arrow on the ground, the arrow pointed north-west. Thlash finally understood and nodded to the bird. The bird left. Thlash went back into the ship to study the soul that had been captured.

((That was a Mighty Post. And I still have to post my map.))

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: June 18, 2008, 03:53:08 am »

((The airship enters the ruins, but you already guessed that ;) ))
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲┌┘▲ ▲▲Z⌂==♣┌┘....└#─ ┘....≈...♣♣.⌂▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~ .♣♣♣║.Φ..♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣♣≡⌂¥⌂æ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~ .♣..≡ΦΦΦ══ΦΦΦ... ♣♣♣..¥♥¥≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂≡▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
((Nhiphanter & Jamini : I can write your battle report if you want.

About my presence in IRC : I might be afk but I read the logs. If you want to know if I'm afk just use t
/WHOIS Istrian
or
/WHO Istrian
Not sure if you have to add the @ before my nick.))
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 81