Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 81

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread  (Read 106373 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread
« Reply #105 on: May 18, 2008, 07:20:00 am »

by the looks of it, you copied the map from Nhiphanter's move
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2008, 11:05:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Istrian:
<STRONG>Shelesh spoke once again, this time to Vime.

"For a deity you don't seem to listen too much, nor are you good at mathematics. I thought I had told you how slowly my people bred. I am afraid but at the beginning of turn 4, Shushaw was but a village counting 56 people.

"Though that is soon going to change." added Shelesh pointing at the north-bound caravan going out of Shushaw.
</STRONG>

Vime turned his head to Shalesh, the first time he had done so in several turns with a puzzled and hurt look. "What do you mean? I havn't touched Shushaw's entry since adding it on turn one. The display updates as it sees fit according to your populations relative size, I do not have any control over it."

Turning his gaze back to the small vulpinian token that trudged across the desert slowly, approaching the small settlement that was surrounded by a ring of Dracon soldiers who scoured the immediate surroundings with vigor, the golden god smiled enigmicly.

((Try to keep ooc and ic god chat seperate Istarian.Calling out my god, who had no part in a table that I'm keeping track of for the sole benefit of the players (As in, the posters. Not the gods we are acting).  

I'm trying to keep track of every civ as best I can. If I make a mistake in either the map or the settlement list just let me know. Don't go throwing around insults.))

[ May 18, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2008, 12:06:00 pm »

Riet was surprised and extremely pleased that Leam spoke his language, and he followed him,her,it? Riet couldn't tell.  In any case, he followed the Roshanian to the village floating on the lake's surface.
Once they were inside and comfortable, Riet said, "I wish to make one thing clear.  We have absolutely no desire to fight with your people.  We seek trade, and perhaps alliance with you.  It is my belief that we can come to terms with one another, and both thrive in this land."
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2008, 12:29:00 pm »

Youh is mostly just sitting back and watching things happen on the board.  After a moment's thought he waves his hand over one of the scouting groups south of campcastle.
"I'm sure Silvak won't mind if I have them do one more patrol flight before they head back to the town."
-_-_-_-_-_-
"Hey Erois, what's that?" said a young dracon indicting a small makeshift shelter to the south.

An older dracon squints in the sunlight trying to make out what his younger squadmate sees.  "What does it look like to you?" He says, trying to hide his weakened vision as a lesson.  If the commander knew his vision was fading he would likely be forced to retire.

"It looks like a small tent, but why would anyone camp during the day?"

"Other races can't handle the heat like we can, so they travel at night."  After a moment's flight so that he too could clearly see the size of the camp he began to look a little worried.  "That's downright tiny. Kal, head back to Campcastle and report our findings, they may be who we are looking for.  Inform the high priest as well, they may require healing if they had a run in with one of the giant desert scorpions."

"Yes, Sir." Kal said, falling back into military protocol at the sound of the order before quickly pulling a wide turn and flying back to the north.

"To think," Erois mused, "we wouldn't be still out here today if the kid hadn't have won that bet.  First time in 3 years that he beat me in a game of chess."

-_-_-_-_-_

The old military dracon throws up a little sand with the downdraft of his wings as he lands a small distance from the campsite, careful not to upset anything.

"Hail explorer! I am Lieutenant Erois Firelake, of Campcastle the city to the north.  Do you need assistance?  I have fresh meat and water."

code:
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂○┐..♣♣♣.⌂. ▲▲▲⌂⌂○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~⌂~~⌂⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂....└┐..♣♣♣♣♣ ⌂⌂⌂♣♣│♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲^▲▲
▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲♣♣♣...≈≈....♣♣ ♣...┌┘♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂⌂~~~⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣.≈≈≈≈..... ┌─┐.│...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂▲▲⌂~⌂⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣♣.≈≈└──┐.. │.└─≈≈─────○▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣♣┌┘....└#─ ┘....≈...♣♣.⌂▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣.│.....⌂↑↑ ........♣♣♣♣┌○▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲⌂⌂♣♣..│...⌂⌂#~↑ .........♣♣♣│⌂▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲⌂⌂....│..⌂⌂~d~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~V↑↑ ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂⌂

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲Ç▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂~≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣S
⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å▲▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├───≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣§
♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂...♣ ♣♣≡♣♣♣.♣♣│....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
♣.⌂≈⌂⌂⌂ç⌂Å...♣♣♣ ♣♣≈♣♣♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈♣≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘...~
♣♣≈≈≈⌂⌂....┌──── ─≈≈≈──┐♣Θ♣♣...≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈....~~~~
..≈≈δ──────X...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣...≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈..↑↑⌂⌂.~~~
..♣♣δR.♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣..♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑Ω⌂/⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣♣.....♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣♣♣....≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑⌂▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
.♣....♣...ΦΦ♣... ♣♣♣....≈≈≈≈≈░░≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
...........Φ.... .....≈≈≈≈≈≈≈░░░≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲.≡.♀.▲⌂⌂~↑
.....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈»≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈T¥.»≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~~
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂¥⌂¥»≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲↑↑~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑⌂⌂▲▲⌂~~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂▲▲⌂~  

OOC) Erois isn't a hero so I kept him in a separate tile.  He is armed and probably looks quite imposing but is trying to appear as friendly as possible.  And since I didn't mention it, Dracon average about 6 feet tall. (*Looks up a conversion program to make up for his american-ness*) Which is 1.8288 meters to the rest of the world.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2008, 12:40:00 pm »

((Sorry, Jamini, I didn't mean to insult you. I just tried to say in an ic way that my race's settlements shouldn't be growing that fast. My apologies again, if you felt insulted. I'll correct Shelesh's dialogue immediately.

And I also updated my map, as I oblviously made a mistake while copying.))

[ May 18, 2008: Message edited by: Istrian ]

[ May 18, 2008: Message edited by: Istrian ]

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2008, 01:42:00 pm »

- Karatomca -

"I understand your desire for a peacefull living Riet. Also trade between your people and my people should be no problem i think. Forming an alliance between our Civiliastions is an interesting offering but we know nothing about your Kind so i think tradeding Embassors should do it for now. Maybe you could lead our Ambassor Silis and his servants to your Homeland as first Gift of friendship?"

--------------------------------------------
Ooc: Silis, now Ambassor and his servants would be 15 Roshani - enought to create an outpost so if Riet takes them back none of my settlements should grow in turn 4. If Riet does not take them Irumathra should grow to a Hamlet.

Ter my Hero moves one tile North and one tile east.

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲⌂⌂....│..⌂⌂~~~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲Ç▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂~≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣≡
♣♣≈≈≈⌂⌂....┌─X── ─≈≈≈──┐♣Θ♣♣...≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈....~~~~
..≈≈δ──────┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣...≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈..↑↑⌂⌂.~~~
..♣♣δR.♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣..♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑Ω⌂/⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~

(edit: Changed position of my hero Hero - thank you Jamini for the hint  ;) )

[ May 18, 2008: Message edited by: Heph ]

[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2008, 02:26:00 pm »

((Heph, that's only one move for your hero. Diagonals count as one movement.

Nhiphanter, your giants are unused to travelling across open ground. While they may be familier with mountains and hills, the plains have different hazards that they are unfamilier with and would slow them down. Sinkholes, marshy ground, even a fear of open spaces (which actually DOES happen IRL. I live in a semi-mountanous/forested area. One time I visited the Great Plains region and I was totally dumbfounded by the sheer oppenness of it. When your out on a road that seems to extend forever in both directions, you get disoriented and dizzy fast. The same with your giants on plains.), not knowing how to forage and hunt as efficiently as your favored terrain, etc. Your giants wouldn't move any faster over plains.))

The sound of a distant voice not unlike the roar of the sands woke Kara, pulling her out of her feverish dreams with a jolt. It was hot, sweltering. The oaken pole she had used as a support for her tent... if it could be called that, a piece of hide held up by a stick and prevented from blowing away by bags filled with sand on every edge, groaned   as the heat twisted it. The worn leather of her shelter letting pinpricks of light in to land against her thickening body. Fighting the inertia that attempted to make the vulpinian simply ignore the voice and return to sleeping, Karaman rolled over and lifted the edge of her shelter.

Kara froze as she saw the Dracon, her eyes growing wide. The massive reptile stood well over her, a cool intelligence in it's eyes as stalked only a few metres away from her camp. Sharp teeth, long fierce claws, twisted horns that rose to the heavens, all topped by a pair of thick, scaled wings. This creature was a killing machine, build and bred to hunt down and destroy those foolish enoug to cross the dunes. Like a demons of the old world it stood there, staring intently at her campsite as if waiting for something.

Karaman made to fight, raising on her hindpaws and pulling her staff free from the tent, tossing the leather cover aside with a quick shove. This beast, whatever it was, would not get a meal so readily. Cursing, Kara prepared herself to die fighting. She wouldn't give herself up this easily.

It was then that she noticed the Dracon's equipment. Karaman hesitated, swaying slightly as her internal burden began to betry her combat stance. With a scramble she plunged the end of the oaken staff into the ground, leaning against it heavily. Quietly she stared down the draconic creature before calling back, "Wh...who.... what are you?"

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 18, 2008, 03:29:00 pm »

(Still wonderful writing... beautiful.
I'll hopefully join soon, whit !!elves!!.
Did I miss since what turn is that vulpine pregnant, or did I misinterpret something)

Observes the game, occasionally eating some !!elves!!. Looks at the elves as if pondering something about them.

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 18, 2008, 03:43:00 pm »

((Two turns ago, when she met with her god. Literally. Each turn is at minimum a few months so she's quite far into the pregnancy now.))

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 18, 2008, 03:54:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Jamini:
<STRONG>((Two turns ago, when she met with her god. Literally. Each turn is at minimum a few months so she's quite far into the pregnancy now.))</STRONG>

((  :eek: I thought you were just hugging! ...wait that must mean that YOU...))
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 18, 2008, 04:21:00 pm »

[OOC: Someone forgot to copy the temporary camp one tile to the left of my settlement. It is now an outpost, as I originally intended would happen on my next turn. Also, my original settlement is now a village. I forgot to write down that it was a hamlet last turn.[/OOC]

"Alright, things are really movin' along here. Hope to see a little blood soon, hehehe."
code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲⌂⌂....│..⌂⌂~~~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲Ç▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂~≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣≡
♣♣≈≈≈⌂⌂....┌─X── ─≈≈≈──┐♣Θ♣♣...≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈....~~~~
..≈≈δ──────┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣...≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈..↑↑⌂⌂.~~~
..♣♣δR.♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈☻↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣..♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈ΩΩ⌂p⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~

Kavar again found himself overseeing the construction of an out post. His one-time wood camp had soon cleared enough room for buildings. The original woodworkers here had already dug themselves little undergound homes, each with doors leading straight to the surface. A few of these workers had gone home to their families, others simply remained here, seeing that it was as good a life as any. And the sea's bounty was open to them - delicious salted fish for break feast, lunch and dinner!

A few above ground buildings were now being set up, their foundations in place. And back at the capital, a sturdy palisade wall was in place. While Kavar's conversation with the Pringer leader led him to believe that peace between them would be sustained, his warriors desperately wanted true battle in the name of Tzen. Perhaps they would get their wish soon, if the need arose for war, Kavar would gladly take it.

But for now, the sea was what truly mattered to him. And what of the lands beyond it? If there were any... perhaps it would be worth exploring. But in order to such... they would need a ship.

Kavar smiled, and began climbing down from his perch atop a pine.
"Alright, fall behind me me. We're going straight to Sigslor. Seabounty..."

code:

Avecebela - Woodabby       : E edge of C forest     : Vulpinan  : Town
Shushaw Shesh              : NE Forest              : Thelash   : Hamlet(43)
Karatomca                  : E side of W lake       : Roshanian : Village
Irumathra                  : Plains. S of Karatomca : Roshanian : Outpost
BuigendRiet - Bending Reed : S edge of C forest     : Ipetian   : Hamlet
Zuidengebied - Southfield  : S of BuigendRiet       : Ipetian   : Outpost
Westengebied - Westfield   : W of BuigendRiet       : Ipetian   : Outpost
Kinsebs£r - Oakvale        : E Mountain-valley      : Koneko    : Hamlet
Loka                       : NW of Oakvale          : Koneko    : Outpost
Hrafngard                  : N Moutains             : Giant     : Hamlet
Uthargeshud - First Fortress: S of Hrafngard        : Giant     : Hamlet
Mayohiga                   : S moutain range        : Tengu     : Hamlet
Eientei                    : E of Mayohiga          : Tengu     : Outpost
Mayohiga Harbor            : N of Mayohiga          : Tengu     : Outpost
Berseg - Might of the Mountains : SE Mountains      : Drogar    : Village
Sigslor - Seabounty        :SE Forest/Coast         : Drogar    : Outpost
Mutheithru - Campcastle    : N Desert               : Dracon    : Village
<Unamed>   - <Unamed>      : River N of Mutheithru  : Dracon    : Outpost
The Hub - The Hub          : N edge of E Moutains   : Pringer   : Town

[OOC]We are considering the center double-tildes to be seas, correct? Seems too big to be a lake...[/OOC]

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 18, 2008, 04:48:00 pm »

OOC) I'm guessing since the greetings are over I don't have to follow the turn format for the talking right?

The dracon kneels, both in respect for the creature before him that resembles what to expect of the ambassador(though a tad smaller than expected) and in an attempt to look less like a threat.

"Sorry to startle you, milady. I am a Dracon scout from the city to the north.  We are expecting a visitor from outside the desert so we were on watch." He unties his waterskin from his belt and offers it to the Vulpinan, "I would assume you are that visitor since there is little of interest here other than our city." He points to the large stone to the north.

"If you would like, I can escort you there. I have more than enough food and water for both of us." After glancing at the Vulpinan's swollen belly he also adds, "We also have a skilled healer at our city.  Though she only has experience with our kind I'm sure she will be able to help you as well."

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 18, 2008, 05:24:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Armok:
<STRONG>
((   :eek: I thought you were just hugging! ...wait that must mean that YOU...))</STRONG>

((Oh Armok you innocent blood god. What do you think?))

Karman relaxed slightly as the dracon spoke, his great voice like thunder rising over a easternly wind. Her fear rapidly became replaced by curiosity as she surveyed his equipment, facinated by the worn winding silver inlay in his metallic gear. At first it had seemed a part of him, the faintly rusted metal blending neatly with his scales.

"I am no lady sir Dracon, just an explorer, and I..." The Vulpinan paused for a moment, her hand flying to her waist as he eyes widened in suprise, "... I would be honored to have you as a travelling companion. What is your name?"

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 18, 2008, 05:52:00 pm »

- Northern shores of the "Sailfin River" -

"Hello Ter." spoke Issha.
"Go away." replied Ter.
"I have news for you."
"Do you? Then do me a favour and leav ... ."
"There are Powers in this world" spoke Ishaa by interrupting Ter.
"This isn't my issue."
"Your are my hero i could command you to do it."
"Yes i am your hero and for this i hate you since 3429 years 2 Months 15 Days and some hours."
"Your still counting?" Asked Issha wondering.
"Yes i am. For you as Walker, Instructor, Creator, GOD or how you would name that state TIME isnt that much important isnt it?."
"Well, time is most times anoying"
"I hadnt heard of you in 3 centuries!"
"Than please excuse that."
"I have nothing to excuse! If i could turn back time i would KILL YOU before you become like this."
"I could ..."
"Yeah i know you could! You could do almost everything! It wouldn't make anything better you know."
"It would make most things worse."
"How cold blooded you can say that, maybe your overrating your position Issha."
"Fact is that the Humans ..."
"The humans. That obsession again! If nothing this is your excuse for all what happened! I wish some Human could get his Biomechanical enhanced grip on your throat."
"Fine seek them by yourself do with them what you want to do with them. I command you to invoke me in another 3 Months."
Issha disappeared.
"Awww comon that is cheating!" shouted Ter to the sun.

Ter was sitting in the Moonlight for 3 hours now. He could feel the gathering of the forces in this world and he could read that oily stench in air. He was pleased by that stench and then Isshas last Words were forced to his mind "seek them by yourself". Maybe his foe hadn't known it but this was a direct Command too him. Oh how he hated that Command rule.

[ May 18, 2008: Message edited by: Heph ]

[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 18, 2008, 06:35:00 pm »

Riet considered the proposal.  He thought it prudent to keep his homeland's location a secret.  However, these Roshanian seemed to be an honest race, who would not betray him.  He felt that the possibility of an alliance would be far better than keeping his homeland a secret.

"Certainly, an ambassador would be an excellent idea.  The going would be slow, since your people are not well suited to my terrain.  Nevertheless, an exchange of ideas and friendship would be welcome."

All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 81