Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 189

Author Topic: Migrursut: What Comes After The World Ends? [Epilogue] (A Community Fort)  (Read 385245 times)

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
Re: Migrursut: Goodness is a Choice (A Community Fort)
« Reply #1605 on: January 07, 2009, 09:02:32 am »

Neo: No relationships to speak of.  Actually, no friends to speak of either... or aquiantences.  You just train all day, every day.  I think I'm going to have to force you to make friends because that's just sad!

thunderclan: You're on the list (and I'll add you in next update).  That Hammerdwarf that showed up will instead be a swords dwarf. 

Keifru: Kivish's fine, and alive (which is spectacular considering the environment) but hasn't done anything of note as of late.  Let's see what magic I can work up...

Flar Moonchill: No worries about the confusion!  Looks like you've got it all ironed out with Glacies, so we'll just wait for that.

Impending Doom:  You're on the list, and will be added in the next update as well! 
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 07:51:42 pm by Heavy Flak »

Keifru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: January 07, 2009, 01:13:00 pm »

What shenanigans can an imaginative female dwarf concoct? Surely nothing bad can possibly be done by little ol' Kivish... oh god what am I talking about?! this is HEAVY FLAK.... xD

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: January 07, 2009, 01:31:28 pm »

Neo: No relationships to speak of.  Actually, no friends to speak of either... or aquiantences.  You just train all day, every day.  I think I'm going to have to force you to make friends because that's just sad!
Sounds just like me in RL.
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

CanadianWolverine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: January 07, 2009, 02:48:30 pm »

War'dunell Dakostuzol 12th of Moonstone, 1067

Dear diary,

It turns out I am more religious than I first realized! Who would have thought but it was whispered to me today that wrestling on top of Stravich is actually a form of worship to Lenod. Hehe, lets see them try to ban that!

*yet more obscene doodles of "wrestling" on top of Stravich*

Hehe, sometimes I wonder if I should take up carving but then I remember I am already a artist with my axes and my canvasses are so much easier to work with than stone...
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 02:50:17 pm by CanadianWolverine »

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: January 07, 2009, 08:40:31 pm »

The events of the 14th of 1067

The two newest members of the standing army trudged their way back from Dodik's.  With Aryn, and the council as a whole, busy with their securities and plans, and the rest of the soldiers madly scrambling about to deal with the resurgence of the Dread Camels, they had yet to be shuffled into their new squads.  Which was just fine by the pair - it gave them time to explore the fort proper - such as Bertrands Garden, and to stand before the closed gates of Zefon, and to take in the sights at Dodik's.

Kandor talked a mile a minute, is hands in constant motion as he regailed Fireheart with story after incredible story.  Eventually, Fireheart held up a hand.  "No.  Come on, that's not true at all."
"Aye!  C'arse is' true" Kandor said.  He squinted at her with one eye, and held a hand over his chest, index and pointer aimed at his jaw.  "Why would I lie 'bout that?"
"I've been signed on with you for four months," Fireheart growled, "And you never ONCE told me about zombie whales"
"'Cause it never woulda' come up!  But out here, inna' these blasted sands filled with walkin' ca'rpses, bu'out here, aye, it all comes rushin' back t'ol' Kandor."

Fireheart was about to respond, but her eyes went wide as her foot caught on something.  flailing her arms, she managed to tuck and roll at the last minute, rolling across the sands.  At the sound of a sob behind her, she turned quickly, seeing the prone form of the human caravan guard sprawled out in the sands. 

"Please, help me!  I just want to get out of here, but... one of those camels came and broke my other arm and leg!  I can't pull myself to safety!"

Keldor and Fireheart stared down at the human, their expressions blank.
"Right resilant, isn't he?" Fireheart eventually said.
"Aye.  Jus' like that whale."
"You're SUCH a liar!"
"Please... kind dwarves, help..."
"Naw, listen t'this tale of heroism and valor, an then ye' can call me a liar ifn' ya' want.  But ya' won't.  Thar' it was, night black as pitch, and we was out scoutin' the seas fer' a Goblin Leviathan haulin' a bellyfull a' slaves.  We see movement, aye?  Offa' p'art, big as a fishin' city she was, an we knew t'was said Leviathan!  Aye, we knew, but we was wrong..."

As the pair traipsed off towards the fortress proper, Tal Boarddressed lay in the sands by the main road, fighting the growing unconsciousness.  "If I get out... of here, they'll all pay.  Every... last one of them."

Note: Fireheart REALLY is a swordsdwarf.  All hammer skills have been transfered to swords, I just can't figure out how to change job titles.  Soon as she gains a point or two, it'll switch over on it's own. 
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 08:55:09 am by Heavy Flak »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: January 07, 2009, 08:45:21 pm »

I always feel bad for that poor human. He reminds me of the poor unattached war animals I always have around my fort, horribly mangled by enemies and never really healing properly. They just limp around until they die in some attack or of old age.

Oooh, evil thought. Bertrand should decided to 'help' the poor fellow.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: January 07, 2009, 08:45:56 pm »

Its good to finally be in the story. Now we'll see how long I survive

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: January 07, 2009, 08:59:49 pm »

Oooh, evil thought. Bertrand should decided to 'help' the poor fellow.

Hasn't the man suffered enough? He's been dragging himself across the sand for how long now, starving and dehydrated and in pain the whole time?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Eita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: January 07, 2009, 10:29:45 pm »

Oooh. There's an idea. Heavy Flak, are there going to be some teleporting shenanigans to have him get off the map?

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: January 07, 2009, 10:50:40 pm »

Diary of Kandor Pulleycloisters

15th of... something, 1067

I've never kept a diary before. To tell the truth, I've never really had the time, what with the work, the bounties, the sailing...

'course, now it looks like I'll be having plenty of time.

Guess this is what I get for listening to a drunken human in some backalley tavern in MirroredAbbey. Bloke mentioned some place called 'Oceanbled', said somebody like me could certainly find some work there, and I got a bit excited. I mean, it even has ocean in the name, what was I supposed to expect?

So here I am, in a remote fortress in the middle of this thrice-accursed desert filled with bloodthirsty camel corpses, without even a proper siege engine in the whole place. If I ever stumble across that pisshead Usmok who sent me here, I'll...

*the rest of the page is dominated by a large drawing of a dwarf with a smoking pipe in his teeth and a giant crossbow in each hand standing over a vaguely humanoid shape completely pincushioned with bolts.*

Anyway...

I do have to give this Aryn guy who runs the place one lick of credit, though: he recently shut down the local Zefonist cult. At least now I don't have to worry about getting, ah, 'compelled' by those bloody zealots in my sleep.

*resting on top of the open journal is a small sailboat folded from a square of spare parchment. sketched onto the sail are several stick-dwarves, stick-humans, and a few stick-kobolds.*
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 10:52:24 pm by Impending Doom »
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: January 07, 2009, 11:21:10 pm »

From the diary of Fireheart

Camels

This place is crawling with undead Camels. At least I'll have plenty of work smashing them to pieces.

I'm going to have to keep an eye on that Bertrand guy to. I've heard rumors about him experimenting with the undead in the past and I don't think we need more undead in this Armok forsaken wasteland.

Though I also hear he was the one that created that garden around the magma pipe so maybe hes not so bad...

OOC: What's Kerlig god/goddess of anyway?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: January 07, 2009, 11:39:04 pm »

One page one Heavy Flak posted a bunch of deities. Kerlig is a male dwarf god of oaths, marriage, pregnancy, and creation.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood for the blood god!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: January 08, 2009, 03:49:24 am »

Journal of Keldor:

I just realized it.  I don't remember how long I've been here.  Months, I think.  One day blends into another in a bloody blur of chaos.

Lately, there have been several dwarves who have turned up dead.  That good for nothing, elf-piss-swilling, may his beard fall out, Riddlewire insists that they were all suicides, but even the most casual observer can see right through that.  It's enough to make one wonder if he had anything to do with it.

Then again, maybe I'm just going crazy.  Why, just the other day I could have sworn that I saw a little elven girl, playing in the desert.  When I blinked, she was gone.  There wasn't anywhere to hide out there, so I must have just imagined it.  Besides, what in the name of Lenod's bloody beard would an elf child be doing out here?

And speaking of Lenod, construction of Stravitch's blasphemous monument continues, despite the ban on religion!  I can only guess that even Aryn is hesitant to dispute the matter with that ox of a dwarf.

Anyway, I suppose I had best get back to work.  There are more coffins to encrust with jewels.
If ignorance is bliss, why are my dwarves all tantruming?

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: January 08, 2009, 04:41:23 am »

Burninganus the muscular tunnel.

Feb stepped into the office with a malicious grin, expecting to see the new arrival tearing his hair out. What she found was ever so slightly different. Somewhere in the pile of ledgers, papers and scrolls she could hear the steady scratching of a quill on paper and a mad giggling. There was a thump, the sound of paper being shuffled around, and the scratching continued.

Feb could faintly make out what Glacies was muttering.

"And we have four hundred bits of microcline here, and four hundred here, and oh fancy that four hundred here too. I'll show them, I'll show them, give them a ham sandwich if I don't, waitandsee, four hundred microcline.."

She cleared her throat and everything went dead silent.

Then, after an akward pause, Feb said "Er. How's it, ya know, how's the book-keeping going?"
"Eheh, er, fine. I guess. I'm only half done, at this point. I've got all the, yum, magnetite categorized, and pretty much, er, all the gabbro and stuff. I'm working, um, on the microcline now."
"So I hear."
"Er, yes. I think I should, um, be done by the end of the week, if all goes well. And then, um, well, I'll ask you later.."
"What? Whaddya' want? Out with it!"
"Well, I'd like a favor. Actually, two. Er."
"You want a favor? After drinking all our booze? You sonuva..!"
"Now, wait, wait, wait! It should be easy enough! All I need to know is what this land is called."
"Err, the hills of rawness."
"No. The continent."
"Oh, of course. The land of oracles. Is that all?"

Glacies gave out some sort of squeak of excitment.

"Er, actually, yum, could you tell me where a place called 'Gatesmaw' is? It should be the capitol, you know, for the flag of ages.."
"Oh. You, uh, havn't heard the news."
"What news?"
"Gatesmaw fell to the goblins. The queen is dead, you see, and her cousin has been promoted up to king...er, the capitol's been moved to awe-inspiring axe. This must come as a bit of a shock to you, I guess. Did you have family there?"

Eventually, slowly, Glacies answered in an icy tone usually reserved for receptionists when faced with someone without an appointment.

"No. I did not have 'family' there. I just want something from it. I am still going. I am not giving up now, and I will not give up until I return to the polished trumpet with it. Get me a map. A reliable one that can show me where it is. The goblins will not have looted it. It is worthless to them. Now, back to work. A map. And a bodyguard, I guess, for the goblins. You can spare one dwarf for me. And I have work to do, so please leave me alone."

Feb grunted non-comitally and left the roughly carved office full of paper, pausing outside the door. She heard a faint thump as Glacies kicked the desk in frustration, and then the rythmic scratch started again. Then she headed up to the barracks, with a certain amount of determination. She was going to solve two problems with one, er, book-keeper. Actually, three, if you count all the paperwork that needed to be done.

Yes indeed, she can finally get Sarig off his arse and out of the barracks, get rid of the strange book-keeper and she'd have all the microcline sorted too! Maybe she could spare a detour to the booze stockpile. Feb's kinda tired of water.

Mad Larks

• Bay Watcher
  • The Music Meister!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: January 08, 2009, 09:01:48 pm »

So, when will Korgan be added, Glacies?

I'm getting rather curious, I must say.
It's like Schrödinger's cat spinning violently around your head vomiting multicolored flickering 1s and 0s on your eyeballs just trying to contemplate that on any meaningful level.
Follow the ups and down of Urist McBeard, Minerdorf
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 189