Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 189

Author Topic: Migrursut: What Comes After The World Ends? [Epilogue] (A Community Fort)  (Read 385129 times)

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Migrursut: Goodness is a Choice (A Community Fort)
« Reply #1485 on: December 10, 2008, 10:49:45 am »

Ok! I need Makrond, Adol and that other guy, Zako..? And Jools. I need the details on them, that is.

Also, start decorating the military equiptment! The need bling! Yes, yes...

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood for the blood god!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: December 10, 2008, 11:17:45 am »

Well, I bet that Jools is riding a war donkey or something... ;D
If ignorance is bliss, why are my dwarves all tantruming?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: December 10, 2008, 11:18:07 am »

Adol keeps himself well groomed, and wields his families ancestral hammer.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: December 10, 2008, 11:52:33 am »

The events of the 16th of Malachite, 1067

At the knock at her door, Eita looked up from cleaning her armor.  Setting aside the steel helm, she stood and moved to the door.  She paused, her hand outstretched towards the knob, and quietly chided herself for being nervous.  Goblins hadn't been seen in a week, and there's no way they'd come in to punish her for killing their brethren - or if they did, they certainly wouldn't knock politely.

When she opened the door, she was surprised to see Major Merkil standing there, his helmet tucked under his arm, his large hammer slung over his back.  The Major offered a tired smile, and gestured towards the small room, "May I come in, soldier?"
"Uhh, yes.  Sure, Major."

Merkil stepped inside, glancing about the room.  He placed his helmet on top of her dresser, and stood at attention.  For a long time, she watched him in silence, and eventually Merkil spoke:

"Your father trained me; it's because of him that I'm in in this position.  That I have... this hammer-" Merkil reached over his shoulder, touching the handle of his warhammer. "- that was created specifically for him.  One of our blacksmiths felt so awed by Major ---- DayCovering, that he created this brilliant weapon for his use."
"Then where is he."
"Well... about that..."

It wasn't until the wee hours of the morning that Merkil finished telling his tale of the old Major.  He looked drained, and much older than when he entered, his eyes downcast.  Coughing against the back of his hand, he quietly finished, "And that was his last wish.  He knows we'll have a hard time here, that we have the world against us.  He wanted to inspire some hope to the citizens, to keep their spirits up that somewhere, someone is fighting for them.  And I-... well, I'm helping him do that.  And I'm very, very sorry."

Merkil stood suddenly, and took his helmet off of the dresser.  He paused at the doorway and looked back at Eita once before leaving her room empty once more.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: December 10, 2008, 07:19:42 pm »

Zako has dark hair, a nice beard, is a bit grubby and has his leg brace as well as the old major's armor. He uses a crossbow as well (standard military issue).

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: December 10, 2008, 07:31:17 pm »

Willber is short, cave-adapted, and bearded. The perfect dorf!
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: December 10, 2008, 09:57:39 pm »

At least I know now i'm not the only one who's having trouble keeping track of all the military dwarves we now have :-[
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: December 11, 2008, 06:11:34 pm »

Vactor brings up a good point.  So, here's a list!

SPECIAL LIST OF MILITARY DORFS
(in order of appearance)

Sgt. Pepper (Legendary): Axe
Jools (Swordsdwarf): Swords
Sulari (Legendary): Axe
Likot (Legendary): Crossbows
Merkil (Legendary): Hammer
Asmel Towersacks (Legendary): Spear
Varen (Legendary): Spear
Makrond (Retired): Used Spears
Maggarg (Legendary): Swords
Adol (Legendary): Hammers
Zako (Legendary): Crossbow / Wrestler
Rolland (Elite Marksdwarf): Crossbow
Sparrow (Elite Marksdwarf): Crossbow
War'Dunell (Legendary): Axe
Neo (Legendary): Sword
Eita (Hammerlord): Hammers
Sarek (Speardwarf): Spears
Wilber (Macedwarf): Maces
Stravitch (Legendary Jerk): Maces
Vatek (Legendary): Mace

Eita would be Legendary with the rest of her squad, but she had her leg broken for a while and missed out on some training.  Toady's weird bug where dwarves that train with a Legendary <anything> become a Legendary <anything> has cropped up mighty fast, because the military is gaining ranks like no ones business.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: December 11, 2008, 06:26:34 pm »

Go Willber!!! Keep on gainin them ranks!
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: December 11, 2008, 07:16:38 pm »

The events of the 23rd of Malachite, 1067

Vatek stood straight backed, his head held high, staring at the sun.  He knew it was bad for him; after only a minute the pain was so intense he felt like crying and his eyes were full of spots for a long while after, but it did a lot to drone out whatever drivel Captain Fillwhip was saying.  Sometimes the Captain just couldn't be ignored though, like now, when Vatek let out a groan as he took a hard punch to the arm.

"Quit day dreaming you damned slacker, and tell me why the hell my project is blinking red, green and white."
"It's not blinking," Vatek said after a moment, rubbing his arm.  "That's the gems glittering.  For the... I guess it's a stained glass window you wanted."
"Why the hell are there gems!  I didn't order any gems!  Cinnabar!  That's what I wanted, cinnabar cinnabar cinnabar cinnabar!  Didn't you look at my blueprints at ALL?"
"Those were BLUEPRINTS you gave Rice?"  Vatek asked, shocked.
"What did you think they were?"

Vatek pulled a folded sheet of paper out from his backpack, flapping it open.  Holding it with two hands, he gave it a shake.  "This is NOT a set of blue prints."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Then what the hell is it?" Stravitch asked sullenly.
"A crayon-drawn mess by a horrific madman.  Why did you give the sun a mouth full of razor teeth?"
"Because it'll tear you up.  It's the sun, how does that not click?"
"And what's that in the corner, screaming?"
"A dwarf I set on fire."

Vatek just closed his eyes.  Off in the distance, there was a howl of pain and a scream from one of the haulers, "OH NO THE CAMELS!  THEY KILLED ZUGLARS DOG AND ARE COMING FOR US!"

"Shouldn't you get that, Sir?" Vatek asked quietly.
"What?  No, screw 'em.  This is a lot more important."
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 09:15:49 am by Heavy Flak »

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: December 11, 2008, 08:30:01 pm »

The events of the 26th of Malachite, 1067

Rinsesilver and her crew ran across the bridge from their nearly completed construction site, trailed closely by a few of the masons they had bought or bribed.  Stopping just beyond the roofed road, Rincesilver winced as one of the citrine-gem windows shattered, throwing glass and jewels shards across the stone to glitter in the sun.

"What the hell is going on in there?"  Rinsesilver demanded. 
"One a' the Dread Camels got in there," one of the Dock Workers said, tugging on his collar.  "I tells ya', it's a monster inn'are!  Crushed a coupla' dogs heads, killed a donkey and it's foal, just runnin' a muck." 
"How many workers escaped?"

The dock hand turned and made a quick count of the workers and winced.  "We're missing three.  Must be inside the tower finishin' up the mechanicalisms."
"I swear to all of you, your incompetence will get you nothing bu- RUN!"

The Camel, it's eye sockets blazing with evil light, knocked down one of the doors and came racing out from the construction site, bucking and snorting and biting at the air.  As the angry sack of meat approached the hastily retreating dwarves, a blue-clad bur rushed past them.  Rinsesilver watched as Meng Flickeredvessel drew her mace, cracking the camel's skull with one blow, the beast continued to run for a few steps before collapsing in the road, the magic holding it's bones together gone.

As Meng turned to head back towards the human caravans trundling up the road,  Rinsesilver held up a hand to stop her.  "Pardon, a second of your time.  You handled that thing with some real, ahh... some real finesse.  You lookin' for a full time gig?  We'll need a bouncer soon as this place is reopened."
"I... don't think so, miss," Flickeredvessel said.  "My duty's to the fortress proper.  But I thank you for the offer."

Rinsesilver frowned, and gave a little tug to her collar.  "Well just keep it in mind.  Some captain riding you too hard?  Some work guarding some humans below your station?  Just keep Rinsesilver, and the Fountainspring Fisheries in mind.  I pay hard workers what they're worth, and not a cent less."
"I'll rememeber that, miss.  Good day."
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 09:18:12 am by Heavy Flak »

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: December 12, 2008, 03:52:53 pm »

I'm always looking out for you guys!

Anyone with a hankering for my ciphers to solve, check out this thread.  I have no affiliation with it, but anyone who wants something to beat their head against, pop on over there and give it a spin. 

Also, I got my first form-letter rejection on my book from an agent.  Surprisingly, it makes me feel all kinds of excited and stuff, because at least things are moving.  I'm sure my mood will change in three months and forty-plus rejections, but for now?  Excitement!

Eita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: December 12, 2008, 08:58:06 pm »

Can all of your loyal fans receive free e-versions?

Eita has your standard RPG character's Ancient Armor from a Forgotten Ancestor that Actually Sucks because you got it at the Start of the Game. Basically, it's what Zako wears except a lot more torn up and obviously older. Why? Artistic license dammit!

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: December 12, 2008, 09:24:07 pm »

The events of the 13th of Galena, 1067

"Alright animal, you're unchained.  Get out of 'ere."

Guardsman Woundlulled tapped his mace on the steel door and stepped aside.  He crossed his arms and glared as Kuli stepped from the Black Cell, blinking his eyes frantically against the hard light that assailed him.  There was a small gathering waiting across the hall - Jools and Vash, Dojango, and a few of the guardsmen all waiting for the Maester.

As his eyes adjusted, Kuli gave a weary smile.  He looked worn, and hungry; his skin hanging a bit looser on his much smaller frame.  But he radiated warmth, his smile infectious to the onlookers. 
"Thank you all for coming... though, I won't stay and chat.  I need a drink very badly."
"Of course, Maester," Vash said.  "Are you okay to walk?  Do you need a hand?"
"I'm fine, thank you.  I'm not entirely weak, though... I had much trouble sleeping.  I kept hearing noises for the past few nights, even through the cell walls."

Dojango gave Jools a sideways glance which Kuli caught, and the Maester let out a weary sigh.  "Tell me what happened."

"Well," Jools said slowly.  "There was a slip-up with the Stramgil Merchants.  This miner, Mosus, drug a bunch of barrels up there and didn't notice some of them had flutes.  Well, when the merchants left and The Duke went looking for his flute stockpile..."
"Mosus got hammered," Dojango finished for him, helpfully.  "Hammered in the cell next t'yours.  Poor girl didn't last one blow.  Now Vatek's even more sullen than normal - that was his fiance, ya' see."

Kuli shook his head slowly, tsking quietly.  "Their mandates are becoming absurd.  This isn't right, innocent Dwarves are losing their lives for such frivolities.  We're becoming a society of objects, and though it may just be the nobility now, soon even the common workers will become obsessed with their material goods.  Come, I'd like you all to join me for a drink, and perhaps we can discuss this... terrible problem gripping our home in better surroundings."

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: December 12, 2008, 09:57:00 pm »

Another noble massacre?
Edit: Does Kuli know Kib died?
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 189