Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 189

Author Topic: Migrursut: What Comes After The World Ends? [Epilogue] (A Community Fort)  (Read 386627 times)

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
Re: Migrursut: Goodness is a Choice (A Community Fort)
« Reply #2220 on: November 09, 2009, 05:37:29 pm »

Jesus, Vegas has beaten me.  Waiting at the airport to fly home and rest after five days of bull riding, fine dining, and shows.  Just a heads up that I'm alive and will update when I can - my old house in South Carolina is selling next week, so there's another five or six days I'm going to be MIA.

Flar Moonchill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: November 10, 2009, 06:14:19 am »

Jesus, Vegas has beaten me.  Waiting at the airport to fly home and rest after five days of bull riding, fine dining, and shows.  Just a heads up that I'm alive and will update when I can - my old house in South Carolina is selling next week, so there's another five or six days I'm going to be MIA.

Awsome always wanted to check out Vegas but far to far for me (England :-P )

Good time had by all? Story still rocking btw!
- If you know what I mean, and I''m sure that you do.

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: November 15, 2009, 11:59:05 am »

It has been some time since I have checked on Aryn, Kuli and the others, but I know I will enjoy the story with a smile.

On another note, I have begun compiling the story into a single PDF document. I started out simply keeping the "official" entries, but the full story requires all the journals and logs. So, I will paste those aswell into my document.

As soon as Migrursut is done, I'll post it up for all to see. :)
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Vayre

• Bay Watcher
  • Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: November 21, 2009, 04:31:07 pm »

Dammit HF, you have created a monster, I was in adventure mode, happily partaking in the fine dwarven art of reducing goblins tp their base components when my latest target tower seemed strangely empty, so I headed to the roof and...

[/end dramatic pause]

So anyway one fireball related death later it was off to legends mode.

As far as I can tell he seems to have made a habit of getting large amounts of dwarves to worship him, and then killing them.

Still back on page 87 with my reading, but if Olsmo is still missing then, well, I think hes been found.

;-; my poor hammerdorf
And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Then everything near it exploded in a cloud of blood.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: November 23, 2009, 04:47:05 am »

Crikey, you were just in Vegas?  Dude, I *live* in Vegas.  Shame.

I just popped in here now to see what, if anything, had happened with Bertrand.  Can't say I've been following the thread all that diligently.  Last thing I read, I think Dayschain had just been introduced.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: November 23, 2009, 12:52:56 pm »

I think Bertrand was killed by a goblin ambush some time ago.

He didn't even come back as a zombie or anything. It was sort of disappointing.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: November 24, 2009, 09:31:45 am »

I think the gods may be leery of reincarnating bertrand, given the precarious state of reality that has come from all their tinkering so far.  Perhaps he'll only get to live on as a legend, or a ghost...
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: December 01, 2009, 03:29:10 pm »

The events of the 7th of Timber, 1070

Duke Whippedentries sat at the small dining room table in his little sitting room, his brows pulled down in an impressive glower.  As he fed strips of greasy bacon into his mouth, his gaze swept over the few meager possessions he claimed as his own: his five ornate weapon racks, the dresser that held his pathetic little rock crystals, and diamond encrusted steel toy boats, and his stupid polished platinum statue in the likeness of Queen Rigar.  It was all crap, all of it, so pathetic in it's size and it's worth.

"Bah!" he yelled as he swiped his arm across the table.  His plate skittered off and cracked on the floor, and the marble salt and pepper shakers vanished under his cabinet.  His lips pulled back from his teeth as he frothed with rage.  "This is absurd!  Look at this, I'm living like a damned pauper!"

Sitting across from him, the reedy Hammerer Postrose offered a thin, placating smile.  As he leaned forward his robes slipped up his, showing off thin bands of intricately worked tattoos that wrapped around his forearms.  "You're right, sire.  You're absolutely right.  This is a travesty, these selfish Dwarves are fulfilling their own base needs - how can you best serve their interests, if you are unhappy in your position?"

"That's right, Postrose.  That's right - that's my whole damn point," the Duke said, wagging a finger at the Hammerer.  "And what are we to do?  We can't punish the lot; Aryn banned the guard and that idiot mayor Sulari is enforcing it - we can only make suggestions as to how we wish things should happen and hope that they listen to reason."

"Why don't you leave it to me," the Hammerer said soothingly. "Perhaps I can inspire them to do the will of their betters."

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: December 01, 2009, 06:11:45 pm »

The events of the 16th of Timber, 1070

Cokho Roknut approached the side of the cliff, his arms full of mined rocks.  Though he was drenched in sweat and his breathing ragged, the old peasant wasn't nearly tired enough to stop.  He'd been doing this for years - more than he could remember, that's for sure - and a little pain in his chest and tingling in his fingers hadn't stopped him in the past, and it certainly wouldn't stop him now.  He let the rocks drop down and heard the faint sizzle and splash as they sank into the magma.  He allowed himself a brief smile at a job well done.

There was a rumble from below, near the shops, and the old man struggled to regain his feet.  He could hear Rice, over by the Temple to Zefon, yelling, "Structural Failure!  Sounds like the bridge finally gave way, get back!  Get back from the edge!" 

Cokho took a single step back, just as the lava geysered up from the pit.  It vanished, splashing back down into the magma chamber, but a thin mist still hung behind.  A child - one of Crispin and Lukes by the looks of her - screamed and raised scorched hands to her melting face.

"Oh no," Rice said, sprinting towards the edge, "Get her away!"
Cokho looked on blandly as the child stepped, spun, and vanished over the side, disappearing with a plop into the magma below.  As he peered over the edge, Cokho sighed and cracked his large knuckles with a few flexes of his fingers, "Damn... I almost had her, too."

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: December 01, 2009, 07:48:08 pm »

That whole ominous scene with the duke and hammerer can't be a good thing. And now a 'structural failure'. Many bad things sure happen close to one another here

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: December 01, 2009, 07:57:19 pm »

He posts!

It's about damn time.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: December 02, 2009, 10:51:23 am »

Quote from: Vactor
Crikey, you were just in Vegas?  Dude, I *live* in Vegas.  Shame.

I just popped in here now to see what, if anything, had happened with Bertrand.  Can't say I've been following the thread all that diligently.  Last thing I read, I think Dayschain had just been introduced.

I was indeed in Vegas, for the PBR Built Ford Tough World Finals - don't look at me like that, my mother had tickets and paid for the plane ticket.  Had I known you were in Vegas I would have taken you to dinner or something; I know VEGAS itself is pretty nice but man, the Strip is just screwed up.

Just for fun, here are links to The PBR World Finals and the the Grand Canyon.

And to keep this on topic of Dwarf Fortress, Bertrand did die during a goblin assault, which leads to-

Quote from: Vactor
I think the gods may be leery of reincarnating bertrand, given the precarious state of reality that has come from all their tinkering so far.  Perhaps he'll only get to live on as a legend, or a ghost...

I wanted to bring him back, but I was stopped by Dwarf Companion which won't let me resurrect Dwarves anymore.  Either it's busted or it's the game saying, "You've mucked around with foul sciences too long, Heavy Flak.  Stop your heathen ways."

Dohon: Are you really compiling all this into a PDF?  Holy crap, that's absolutely awesome!

Vayre: Olsmo is not contained by the human concepts of time and space.  He will find your Dwarf, and he will hurt him :(

And Lastly - I finished National Novel Writing Month.  The Watershed clocks in at 50,113 words and is HORRIBLE, with like, 5 dropped plot points, at least two main characters that are introduced and then never mentioned again, and a story that starts as a Zombie Survival to ending with a James Bond style super-villain that happens to be a baby eating super-zombie... but hey, it's finished.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: December 02, 2009, 01:44:44 pm »

That story sounds almost so-bad-its-good.

Anyway, glad to see Migrursut posts again!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Stravitch

• Bay Watcher
  • Lenod Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: December 02, 2009, 02:00:32 pm »

I approve of baby eating and zombies.  2 points right there.

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: December 02, 2009, 02:52:48 pm »

The events of the 3rd of Moonstone, 1070

His head was throbbing so hard he felt that it might split at the sides.  Maggarg groaned and lifted his hands to his temples.  He pressed them in hard, as if that might contain the pressure that was pushing against his skull from the inside, but of course it did no good.  How much had he to drink last night?  No more than usual, and this hangover was so bad he felt that he could die from it.

The cold chill of the air made him shiver, and he tried to roll over and grab his blanket when he felt the uncomfortable drop of nothingness under his arm.  Opening his eyes, Maggarg stared down at the magma pit bubbling below him.  He screamed, and pressed away from the edge.

"BARE WITNESS, CITIZENS" the Hammerer yelled from the cliffs edge.  Dwarves were already gathering, staring out at the sight above the magma pit.  Maggarg assessed the situation; he was on a small slab of stone jutting out from the cliffs edge.  He had walls and a door to three sides, though the floor was slightly sloped, leaving him to wonder how he had stayed on while he was passed out.

"This is the Dwarf who destroyed the bridge below; his actions are a travesty.  Unable to be punished by conventional means, he has been spared from the black cells.  But not to worry!  Those who act against us will find themselves spending a great deal of time in the sky cells.  He may wait until he is deemed justly punished.  Or he may punish himself, and plunge into the fiery embrace of the magma."

"Deler save me," Maggarg whispered.  Fighting to stand, he gripped the wall to lean out farther and yelled, "I'm innocent, damn you!  How long do you plan to keep me here?"

"Innocent?" The Hammerer asked.  "You are hardly innocent.  Perhaps if you're good, you'll be freed in the spring.  Perhaps."
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 189