Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 189

Author Topic: Migrursut: What Comes After The World Ends? [Epilogue] (A Community Fort)  (Read 386615 times)

Mad Larks

• Bay Watcher
  • The Music Meister!
    • View Profile
Re: Migrursut: Goodness is a Choice (A Community Fort)
« Reply #2145 on: August 20, 2009, 07:28:03 am »

...blue grass...

...What? Blue grass?
It's like Schrödinger's cat spinning violently around your head vomiting multicolored flickering 1s and 0s on your eyeballs just trying to contemplate that on any meaningful level.
Follow the ups and down of Urist McBeard, Minerdorf

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: August 20, 2009, 07:52:37 am »

Filiusenox:  I'm moving to a tiny little town outside of Louisville next Friday, and the girlfriend lives around an hour or so away, outside of E-Town (Elizabethtown, for those that watched that retarded movie.)

Mad Larks:  Sorry, I had an unneeded space!  Kentucky Bluegrass is one of the things the state is famous for, besides bourbon, horses, Rich, Single, Millionaire woman and marijuana. 
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 10:07:05 am by Heavy Flak »

Mad Larks

• Bay Watcher
  • The Music Meister!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: August 20, 2009, 11:18:51 am »

Oh! That! Yeah, we have that, too, here. Too bad that summer's usually a bitch for me. Allergies. (I'M LOOKING AT YOU, IMMUNE SYSTEM.)

I'm wondering when Glacies is going to finish that little sub-plot of his. Or if he's forgotten about it. I kind of want to see the arrival of my dwarf.
It's like Schrödinger's cat spinning violently around your head vomiting multicolored flickering 1s and 0s on your eyeballs just trying to contemplate that on any meaningful level.
Follow the ups and down of Urist McBeard, Minerdorf

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: August 20, 2009, 06:54:50 pm »

Huh so northrn.One of my bros lives up by liousville.Unfonrtunly im the town of the patroits.

Can i have a characther?

Beastlord
male
likes to control animals.Has a pack of dogs.
Miltary.Swords.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: August 28, 2009, 11:08:01 am »

*Bump*

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: September 01, 2009, 08:29:12 am »

I'm alive!  The PODS arrived, I've made it home, car's okay, folks are glad to see me, girlfriend is extatic that after three years I've made my glorious return to her, and my house is going on the market this afternoon.  I'm getting my room... in my mom's basement arranged (shut up, every one of you!  This is temporary!) so as soon as that's completed I'm going to be posting story updates like a madman. 

filiusenox:  I'll put you on the list, but I'm not holding out hope we'll get any migrants any time soon.  I'm also not saying this story is going to be ending soon, but when it DOES end I plan on starting a second one, and any Dwarves not brought in will get first pick.  So, don't fret, one way or another, I'll have your characters abused and tortured <3

Kuli

• Bay Watcher
  • Born-Again Zefonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: September 01, 2009, 11:34:00 am »

Do you plan to have the next story set in the same world as Migrursut?  Even if there weren't any returning characters, some continuity would be cool.
"The power of Zefon compels you!"

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: September 01, 2009, 11:46:22 am »

Hmm...not sure that'll be possible if his next story starts after the next release of DF. With all the changes to the underground and entities, I don't think existing world seeds will generate the same world with the next version. Although I suppose it's possible that the basic landscape will look the same.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: September 01, 2009, 01:11:24 pm »

It would be in the same "world" as Migrursut, totally.  Cameos, or references to previous events, or even some of the same villains?  All quite possible.  I've already got a very generic story in mind, and am dying to play around with all the features in the new version.

From what I've been reading, all the hard work of actually "creating" the story will be handled in-game, so I don't even have to think about it!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: September 01, 2009, 01:40:26 pm »

And we'll actually know what our dwarves look like!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: September 02, 2009, 08:49:03 pm »

Szondi's Journal
The 16th of Galena, 1070

Fortress becoming haven for the corrupt, for corpulent, for weak-willed.  Current census claims hundred twenty-two able bodies, thirty animals.  More than forty seven dwarves are without work.  Instead of honing skills, practicing crafts, they loiter and drink.  They grow fat on the work of others.  Only the military practices;  Only the masons toil in the sun; Only the Doctor and the Boneworkers hone their crafts.

Only myself and my Merry Band are really left to care for the fort.  Merkil means well by is misguided, leaves troops to train and drink and not protect the fort.  Attacks coming infrequently, only camels and scorpions seen for months.  Is he too far into the drink?  Is his mind elsewhere?  Undwarven thoughts... possible debts?  Must remember to investigate further.

Maudlin attacked one of the Fishers the other night.  Loitering outside after hours, skulking by the Temple of Zefon.  Wouldn't present papers, wouldn't offer excuses, refused to go inside.  Maudlin left her nose broken and an eye swollen shut before Night Hawk peeled him off.  Most too soft on criminals; Was this Fisher a criminal?  Perhaps a visit to Madam Dodik's is in order.  See if information can be dredged from the piles of filth that line her floor.  Fishers may be clean; but a house of sin, run for years, has secrets they wish to keep hidden.  These secrets will be found...

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: September 06, 2009, 03:10:09 am »

Szondi's Journal
The 16th of Galena, 1070

Fortress becoming haven for the corrupt, for corpulent, for weak-willed.  Current census claims hundred twenty-two able bodies, thirty animals.  More than forty seven dwarves are without work.  Instead of honing skills, practicing crafts, they loiter and drink.  They grow fat on the work of others.  Only the military practices;  Only the masons toil in the sun; Only the Doctor and the Boneworkers hone their crafts.

Only myself and my Merry Band are really left to care for the fort.  Merkil means well by is misguided, leaves troops to train and drink and not protect the fort.  Attacks coming infrequently, only camels and scorpions seen for months.  Is he too far into the drink?  Is his mind elsewhere?  Undwarven thoughts... possible debts?  Must remember to investigate further.

Maudlin attacked one of the Fishers the other night.  Loitering outside after hours, skulking by the Temple of Zefon.  Wouldn't present papers, wouldn't offer excuses, refused to go inside.  Maudlin left her nose broken and an eye swollen shut before Night Hawk peeled him off.  Most too soft on criminals; Was this Fisher a criminal?  Perhaps a visit to Madam Dodik's is in order.  See if information can be dredged from the piles of filth that line her floor.  Fishers may be clean; but a house of sin, run for years, has secrets they wish to keep hidden.  These secrets will be found...
Oh dear.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

IronValley

• Bay Watcher
  • Purple Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: September 06, 2009, 06:27:35 am »

Merkil Corrupt? Or is this vigilante bordering to mad?

Hammers can always cure madnes.... I doubt Merkil would stay calm for long if he was accused of corruption/betrayal......

IronValley

• Bay Watcher
  • Purple Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: September 11, 2009, 10:55:19 am »

So silent....

Seing as your life has taken a rather good turn, I'm hoping that this silence is just "wow, too mutch fun,sex,love inserthappytimeshere", and not the world crashing down on you again.

Seems like you've had your share of bad luck over the last year (I actually had to check the first post, this is really that old!). We've all had a great time reading your work (or atleast I have), so I honestly hope you're doing good.

An internet forum might not be the best place to express sympathy, but I think a lot of people here honestly hope that you are doing well.

(someone else please post something, I hate having to see my own replies at the end of the thread... Makes me think I've jinxed it ;))

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: September 11, 2009, 11:17:26 am »

As long as your life doesn't resemble a Tom Waits song, everything is fine.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 189