Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 189

Author Topic: Migrursut: What Comes After The World Ends? [Epilogue] (A Community Fort)  (Read 386547 times)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Migrursut: Goodness is a Choice (A Community Fort)
« Reply #1950 on: April 15, 2009, 01:09:03 pm »

Popping in with a discovery I made, don't know if anyone else knows this, but Zefon means fountain. Stravitch worships a fountain.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: April 15, 2009, 02:04:08 pm »

Whoa no no no no. Stravitch worships Lenod, the bloody goddess of dawn and twilight.

Kuli, Jools, Vash, Sulari, Dodik, and others worship Zefon, the goddess of rebirth. Fountains play a role in their worship.

In Kuli's backstory, he went to a place called Zoden Zefon, or the House of Fountains, which I've been waiting forever to call the Fountainhomes.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: April 15, 2009, 02:58:06 pm »

Uhhhhh, Freudian slip...

That's when you say one thing but mean your mother?

HF, did I send you a PM? I thought I did, but it doesn't seem to be in my sent messages.

Haha, well played.  And yes you did, I've read it over and plan to work it in when we actually, you know, get migrants.

Sonerohi: Jim's actually right on that, on the worshipers.  I used to know what the other gods translated out to be (Akim-whatever is like, Blades of Brilliant Blades), but Zefon's the only one I could tell you off the top of my head.

And we should see an update tonight.  Maybe two?  That's pushing it, but we'll see!  Onward, and upwards!

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: April 15, 2009, 06:48:27 pm »

The events of the 3rd of Felsite, 1069

"STOP!" Jools shouted.  His breaths were coming in ragged, his armor weighing him down.  Where was the rest of the squad?  Where was the backup? 

The first of the questions was the most easily answered.  His squad, along with Wilber's was drunk to the point of obliteration at Dodik's, laughing raucously at old stories.  The second was a bit more challenging.  Likot had pulled back Sgt. Pepper, her eyes glittering behind her mask as she assured him in her hollow voice that they were both much too full of beer to be of any use. 

None of this would have happened, of course, had Jools not stepped outside to take a piss and caught sight of yellow eyes glowing in the darkness of the water tower.  The skulking creature had thought it was unseen as Jool's intentionally averted his eyes and went about his business.  Urine streamed off the bridge as horror-scenarios ran through the sword-dwarf's head, and his hands did the shaking he needed on their own before he tucked himself away and buttoned his fly.  He had been rebuffed almost immediately, and his concern for the fortress overtook senses.

Pounding boots took him past his giant wooden donkey, the dark shape in front of him drawing nearer.  His breath coming in harsh and hot, Jools planted his feet and leaped, arms outstretched.

He landed hard on the shrieking, thrashing creature, pinning it to the ground with his fists.  He saw golden eyes, a dogs snout and ears, scaly hands slapping at his chest. 
"No! let go!" it barked.  "Let go!"
"You're just a petty thief," Jools said.  He sighed with relief, and began to rummage through the beasts tattered clothing.  It whimpered while he searched, continuing to squirm. 

Instead of gold, or trinkets, Jools pulled out a handful of papers.  He stared at the crumpled parchment in confusion and the Kobold used that time to his advantage.  He leaned in and bit the swords-dwarf on the thigh, squirming out from under him quickly.  Within seconds, he had vanished into the sands.

By the torch light flickering from within the fortress, Jools looked over the papers he had retrieved from the Kobold.  He saw thin lines drawn over most of them, and slowly he began to pick out things he recognized: the training room, the mess hall, Bertrand's workshop, the library.  He saw things he hadn't seen before either, a hallway underneath of Dodik's, some sort of empty pocket erased from the maps near the closed Temple of Zefon. 

"Oh, not good," he breathed.  He raised his eyes up, staring at the stars winking above.  Perhaps... Kuli should know about this.  That Kobold was sent here.  Someone wants to come in.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: April 16, 2009, 07:25:42 am »

...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Stravitch

• Bay Watcher
  • Lenod Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: April 17, 2009, 08:00:14 am »

Spoiler: Stravitch (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 11:48:43 am by Stravitch »

Stravitch

• Bay Watcher
  • Lenod Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: April 17, 2009, 08:04:20 am »

I think all the named dwarves from here on the forums should MSPaint themselves as a motivational poster like mine :-D

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: April 17, 2009, 08:27:02 am »

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: April 17, 2009, 08:44:19 am »

Spoiler: Telamon (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 09:09:17 am by Heavy Flak »

Groveller

• Bay Watcher
  • Giant Wingéd Giant Caveswallowmanman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: April 17, 2009, 10:46:17 am »

Very well. Far be it from me to disobey a tomato.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The raccoon's still there, though.  Just chilling out.  Being a raccoon in some rocks.

Grov: Grovness is a Grov (A Grov Grov)

Stravitch

• Bay Watcher
  • Lenod Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: April 17, 2009, 11:41:55 am »

OH. MY. GOD.

You made me choke on the strawberry hard candy I was sucking on.  I nearly died!

"Grov's?  In my fort?  More common than you would think."

« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 11:47:35 am by Stravitch »

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: April 17, 2009, 08:51:15 pm »

The events of the 23rd of Felsite, 1069

Howard and Aryn stood side by side at the top of the cliff, staring down into the quarry.  Behind them, the great black form of Unib Gildpillars prowled, his muzzle caked with frothed spittle and blood.  The pair watched the workers as they lay down great blocks of glass for support; as the metalworkers with their rivots and hammers pounded the massive steel girders into place around the Dome for support. 

"How much of this construction is left, Howard?"
Howard stood insolently at the cliffs edge, ignoring the question for a long time.  Eventually when he was sated with watching the workers, he turned his dull eyes towards his employer.  "This Pod is complete, if we're going by symantics.  The interior still needs to be designed as needed for it's use, and this pod requires the entrance tunnel for merchants and migrants... it's 90% complete, as far as that word will go."

"How long did this take to complete, Howard?"
"This pod?  Nearly six months."

Aryn's teeth were tightly clenched together so hard he could feel his pulse in his temple.  He shook his head slowly as a way to keep himself from lashing out with his fists.  "That's not good enough.  We need to go faster.  That's just for the small pod, the entryway, the storage.  What of the arboretum?  The kitchens and workshops, the recreation area?  And that's all ignoring the largest of all - our living quarters.  What of those?  Will those take six months, will they take years to complete fully?"
"Yes."
"That can't be!" Aryn screamed.
"Your men are NOT skilled in this construction," Howard said simply. "I'm sorry.  It's true.  They are expert miners, skilled stone carvers and masons, but to shape glass and steel to their will... no, they're as skilled as any novice lifting his first pick.  This isn't something you can force your way through.  What is the worst that can happen with your walls surrounding your fortress?"

Aryn went silent, glowering into the quarry.  Howard answered the question himself, "Someone sabatogous them, or they fall on their own.  What's the worst that can happen with your dream for Migursut?  The dome cracks, and everyone dies as ocean's blood rushes in to engulf you all.  Please be patient, is all I ask.  I don't give you shoddy workmanship.  You hired me because you know I'm the best.  You hired me for perfection."
"Fine," Aryn said quietly.  "You're...right.  Be safe out here, we're going inside."
"Of course," Howard replied.  "You be safe inside, I'll be watching your dream as it's built."

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: April 17, 2009, 10:03:49 pm »

i think i might wait until the GF's not around to MS paint dodik-come-lately, as much as she's cool about stuff i don't really feel like explaining why i'm doodling a buxom dwarven madame right now.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: April 18, 2009, 04:37:21 am »

I might just have to sig that.

Groveller

• Bay Watcher
  • Giant Wingéd Giant Caveswallowmanman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: April 18, 2009, 05:09:25 am »

OH. MY. GOD.

You made me choke on the strawberry hard candy I was sucking on.  I nearly died!

"Grov's?  In my fort?  More common than you would think."

Ahah! We've found his kryptonite! Children and strawberries!

...which doesn't sound weird at all...
The raccoon's still there, though.  Just chilling out.  Being a raccoon in some rocks.

Grov: Grovness is a Grov (A Grov Grov)
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 189