Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 189

Author Topic: Migrursut: What Comes After The World Ends? [Epilogue] (A Community Fort)  (Read 385103 times)

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
Re: Migrursut: Goodness is a Choice (A Community Fort)
« Reply #1455 on: December 05, 2008, 07:21:21 pm »

Did I participate in the battle at all?

You were a warm body weighing down the goblins, but I don't know if you did any actual damage.  I ended up lowering the Goblin Size down to a modest 35, and it was taking a LOT to do damage.  There wasn't supposed to be that many Dwarves on the scene, but, well, when Kib went down I went into panic mode. 

This is the first time I've had goblins that are dangerous in a long time.  I'm excited about these prospects!

Aww, poor Kib. When I first saw the picture I was just hoping that all she'd lost was a hand.

I guess Jools has even more reason to hate the goblins now.

She tried to get away, but then vomited and fainted.  That'll do you in every time...

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: December 05, 2008, 08:00:05 pm »

Was I too unskilled to participate, or was I another part of that rally force? I always like to think of macedwarves as just charging up to goblins, then stopping. A big TINK sound when they just tap the goblins in the head or torso or what have you. And then that body part just explodes.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Groveller

• Bay Watcher
  • Giant Wingéd Giant Caveswallowmanman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: December 05, 2008, 09:52:21 pm »

She tried to get away, but then vomited and fainted.  That'll do you in every time...

At least she died with dignity.
The raccoon's still there, though.  Just chilling out.  Being a raccoon in some rocks.

Grov: Grovness is a Grov (A Grov Grov)

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: December 06, 2008, 05:12:28 am »

Go ahead and be dignified without your left hand. Go on, try it. There are knives somewhere in your house, go perform an experiment...  ;)

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: December 06, 2008, 08:16:03 am »

Diary of maggarg.
Hell of a mess after the battle, and apparently that limpy one got away with something.
We got some immigrants as well, armok knows why, and one of them was the daughter of that old major and tried to fight Zako.
Knowing his luck he'd have got mangled by a punch or something, poor lad.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: December 06, 2008, 12:45:42 pm »

OOC Stuff:

As always things don't happen exactly as described.  The biggest thing that was different from my version to the "real" version was that Snodub Langom took more damage than I thought, and he was chased off the map.

I found this out after loading the game and wondering where everyone was.  Well, look at this!

Every human guard is chasing him off the map.  What's with all the blood?  Oh, he has his heart and both lungs pierced.  It's not slowly him down any though, because he chopped the hands off two human guards and left them to bleed to death, all without breaking his run.  And he has a bolt stuck in his right thigh. 

Also, I humbly ask that you look up towards the depot, where the Goblin is surrounded by Dwarves.  One of those (the purple soldier) is Eita.  She's taunting the Goblin and sticking him with her sword.  The @ above him is Stravitch.  I was warned that, "Stravitch Esmulbomrek Reguvoth Azin, Captain of the Guard cancels Sparring in Barracks: Interrupted by Goblin Wrestler."

Would anyone care to guess what happened to this Goblin Wrestler?

Also, in the middle of the battle the human diplomat interrupted everything by saying, "Such a lovely place you've carved for yourself."  SCREW YOU DIPLOMAT.

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: December 06, 2008, 01:28:00 pm »

The events of the 26th of Hematite, 1067

Rice and Fath Archearth walked towards the piles of bodies stacked near the staircase.  They'd drawn dump and melt detail, but it didn't really bother them.  The masons in Rice's crew all enjoyed working with their boss; he never yelled, was always friendly, and was often laughing.  Such was the case now as the pair paused by the corpses, doubled over with laughter. 

The laughed stopped abruptly as Rice dropped to the ground, a bolt stuck through his now shattered knee.  Archearth's eyes bulged as she stared at the Lead Mason, her mouth flapping but no words came out.  She turned and saw the goblin bowman rising the steps, grinning wide as he notched another arrow.

"Oh, Zefon save me," Rice howled, "Did no one go downstairs and fix the damned doors?"
"It slipped my mind," Archearth stammered.

The goblin let loose with another arrow that punctured Rice's bicep.  With his one good arm, Rice pulled himself backwards across the tile, blood smearing undernearth him.  The goblin lazily notched his third arrow, chattering away in his foul-sounding tongue.

There was a flash of steel and the bow fell to the ground.  A second swipe, and a spray of blood misted into the air as Maggarg danced away from the wounded goblins kick.  Rice could see other soldiers running from the Temple of Zefon - Asmel Towersacks, Adol, and Varen, and from the fields with a fresh kill, Sparrow hurrying to arm his crossbow. 

The battle ended fast and bloody.  Adol used his quickness to break wrists and ankles, giving Maggarg the opening to power his dull blade through chests and necks.  Zako, Asmel, and Varen punctured hearts and lungs, leaving goblins to die in their own blood, or stagger off the edge of the cliff to the magma below, vanishing in a puff of greasy smoke.

With the last goblin dead, there was a cry of, "Where are they!"

Maggarg turned and stared at Eita, War'dunell and Neo as they came hurrying onto the scene, pulling on the last of their armor.  Adol rolled his eyes and set to cleaning gore off his hammer.  Maggarg snorted, and said, "Yer' late to the party again."

"Eita needed sleep," War'dunell said cheerfully.
"We had to wait for her to get up," Neo agreed.  "I mean, you know how it is.  It's unseemly to go out without your squad leader."

Adol sighed, and shook his head, "Yes, fine, why don't you all go check on Rice.  I think he crawled into the zoo to hide.  Make sure he didn't bleed out, please."
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 01:37:18 pm by Heavy Flak »

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: December 06, 2008, 02:27:44 pm »

The events of the 6th of Malachite

"Well now, don't you heal fast."

Dojango stood at the foot of Rice's bed, holding a knee brace in his hand.  But it was unneeded, after the bolt had been removed and his leg taped and elevated, Rice had healed up in less than a week.  He still didn't have full mobility, but it was doing remarkably well.

Much better than his arm.  Even though the arrow had been cut out The wound had become infected.  Dojango did what he could to cut away the dead skin, and crushed herbs were packed into the hole thrice daily, but it was healing up slowly.

Lucy had stayed beside his bed since the accident, tending to dressing the wound, talking to him, feeding him, and giving him liquor to dull the pain.  She was there now, looking pale and drawn, patting Rice's hand.

"What do you think it is?" She asked.
"Well," Dojango said, "Most likely the goblins dipped their arrows in poison.  This one took because the head stuck in the muscle.  The other punctured through his knee and I doubt enough scraped off during the flight."

There was a knock on the door, and Rice lifted his head.  Howard Roaroak stood in the doorframe lazily, his lanky frame posed insolently.  He gave a curt nod towards the wounded Dwarf.  "A pity about your arm.  I'm sure it will be healed soon.  Miss Hammertempests, come along.  We have plans to discuss."
"I'm not coming," she said softly.  "I'm staying here with Rice until he's healed."
"And what good will that do him?"

Lucy blinked.  "I can bring him things, tend to his wounds, feed him, make sure..."
"He can do all of those," Howard said.  "with his two legs, and one good arm.  His injuries are of a concern, but they should not jeopardize our work.  The problems of one should not affect that of the civilization as a whole.  Now come along."

Lucy started to speak, but Rice gave her hand a squeeze before pulling his away.  "Mr. Roaroak is right. I'll be fine, and... we should be focusing now on creating this... Migrursut that Aryn has been talking about.  When it is finished, we shouldn't have more injuries like mine, the goblins won't be able to hassle us."
"Okay," Lucy said meekly.  "Alright, I guess that makes sense."
"Good," said Howard.  "Then let's meet in the mess.  I have some plans I'd like you to look over, please."

« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 10:16:09 am by Heavy Flak »

CanadianWolverine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: December 06, 2008, 03:46:12 pm »

*scribbled pictures of goblins dying in fantastically horrible ways to axes*

War'dunell Dakostuzol 6th of Malachite, 1067

Nuts.

So ... we were late to all the fun. It was pretty much all over once we got there. The sands were beautiful shades of red, I enjoyed that part immensely though. Oh well, its not like I was going to force the matter and lead the squad myself, I'm sure I'll get my chance to let out all this blood lust at some point. Though, it does get me to thinking, can I trust Eita to lead me to some bloody fun?

I heard later that Kib and her battle child were killed by a seriously scary goblin ... literally, upon seeing the casual way it dispatched one of our heroes it shook battle hardened dwarves to their core and they fled in terror. That is until that dreamy Merkil rallied them. Still, what a glorious way to go, a mother and child should be so lucky, no one should pity them - so what if she leaves children and a husband behind, they most of all should be proud that she faced down the goblin hordes.

*more scribbled pictures, this time of goblins destroying dwarven homes and lives with a lone female dwarf standing in their path of destruction*
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 03:48:19 pm by CanadianWolverine »

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood for the blood god!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: December 06, 2008, 05:19:32 pm »

Journal of Keldor

7th Malachite, 1067:

I talked with Jools today while helping out with caring for the donkeys.  He's put a brave face on these last few days, but I can tell that the loss of his wife and child weighs heavily on him.  Why, I had to stop him from accidently mixing the meat for the giant jaguar in with the donkey feed!  Moreover, he only looked slightly ahgast when he realized what he almost did.  He must be suffering indeed to be so preoccupied from the donkeys!

We talked together a while, him telling stories about the heroics of Kib, many of which I hadn't even heard yet.  She really was quite the woman.  I think telling me all the stories helped lift some of the weight from his chest, since by the time we finished mucking out the donkey stalls, he was ready to talk about donkeys again, of how Kib truely was like to the noble ass.
If ignorance is bliss, why are my dwarves all tantruming?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: December 06, 2008, 10:41:27 pm »

Diary of Zako:

If I must say one good thing about the dead in this place, its that they know how to fight gobbo's. That deceased mayor is quite the shot, roaring away as arrows hammer it. Quite inspiring at times...

Quite frightening...

If gobbo arrows and bolts do that much to these things, then perhaps my choice of weapon was a bad one. Merkil's hammer seems like the better weapon and I am unsure of my ability to kill things with my crossbow now...

I need support. I must find a likeminded soul in this place before I lose confidence and give up. I MUST find someone to confide to, or at least express my concerns.

Perhaps Roland will listen...

Eita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: December 06, 2008, 11:32:50 pm »

From the Diary of Eita

The goblins attacked some days ago, and yet another hero of the fortress fell. She shall be missed. However, I have decided to let Zako live for now. I have found another lead, one who attacks with the same ferocity of the Captain, or rather, Major. He might even hold the Major's warhammer, but as all good weapons are, his is covered by layers of goblin gore.

I will find the Major. Dad owes me some explanations or two.

Keifru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: December 07, 2008, 12:26:10 am »

Property of Kivish. Unauthorized reading of this dairy will result in it combusting 3 seconds post-access.
Have a nice day.

OH MY GOD!
OH MY GOD!
Poor Kib; her hand lost and then her head. I can't believe this...I've not been here a year, and...I mean, I heard the stories, but I figured they were just exaggerated.

But still, these giant goblins! It almost puts me in the mind of a story...how about some noble warriors from Mt. Halla fight the horrible Gotuns in an epic battle after three years of blazing heat...hmmm...

But anyway; Work is slow here, masons and architechs are in high demand, but I know eventually artists will reign supreme. You can't get rid of art; I know we will be called upon when aesthetics must be improved.

*An image of a female dwarf and other dwarves is scribbled here. The female dwarf has her arm and head stitched on, and is being laid to rest by the other dwarves. Another, male dwarf, is off to the side. He is staring longingly at the female dwarf.*

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: December 07, 2008, 03:45:32 am »

Somewhere across the ocean, probably early malachite.

The harpy came to a jerky stop, landing clumsily and kicking up a spray of sand and pebbles as she did so. She carefully snagged the lump of meat with her talons and levered the chunk up to her mouth. The sun shone brightly overhead, and the wind was silent. As the harpy chewed, Glacies crept closer, clutching a hefty chunk of mudstone in his left hand. He made no noise as he crept towards the harpy, and then he slowly pulled his arm back.

The harpy chewed thoughtfully. She could almost place the taste of the meat. It was rather like human, but also strange and slightly tougher. Maybe it was elf? No, perhaps it wa*CRACK*. And then the harpy knew nothing, and slid to the ground. The book-keeper darted forward, took a knife from his belt and began to work.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: December 07, 2008, 08:24:14 am »

Who has roland for a character? I want to ask him something...
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 189