Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18

Author Topic: Pirates of the Fondled Waters (Community Pirate Ship)  (Read 72366 times)

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Pirates of the Fondled Waters (Community Pirate Ship)
« Reply #90 on: March 08, 2008, 10:22:00 pm »

nevermind, it doesn't matter.

[ March 08, 2008: Message edited by: valcon ]

Still doing Let's Plays, still got a gold toof. 

Adventure Mode:  The Movie!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 09, 2008, 03:16:00 am »

"Arrh!" Proclaimed Fishgut Led happily as he walked about on his duties.  He had been away from the sea for far too long, and it was good to be back on the waves, where he could slaughter as many of the blasted gillnecks as he wanted to.  There was nothing quite like hacking up a fresh pile of fish and standing in the guts as they sloshed back and forth across the wood planking, the salty sea smell mixing with that deep-water smell of fish.

He had access to all of his favorite things in life on this ship.  Fishing, rum, fighting, well-made doors and rum.  Ah, the stories that he could tell of his life on board this ship, and he was just getting started with his adventures!

Yes, Fisghut Led was happy.  But he had heard that there were water troubles aboard, and he saw the opportunity to earn a reward on top of all his other pleasures.  "Arrrrh...." he said thoughtfully, tapping his brown and sun-wrinkled nose and turning his salt-and-guts-encrusted mind back over the plans of the salt filtration systems he had made during his stint in the King's Navy.  Perhaps he could get an increased rum ration as a reward...  The rest of the blighters could drink all the water they wanted, for all he cared.  More rum for him.

You've got a compartment for water, right?  Well, open up a hole in the deck above it, and plant this little beauty over the water:

code:

~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
═══O%O═══
++++%++++
++++#++++
+++++++++

% = pump (north to south, obviously)
# = hole

If that doesn't work, build it like this:

code:

O+%╔═
+O%║+
+║+║+
+╚═╝+

Aharr, it's good to see that I'm turning into a right-feared pirate!  I really wasn't expecting to be that good at swordplay.  I guess tangling with sharks and carp can give you a little skill in such matters...

And there's plenty of interest, it's just a little hard to add anything to the story, so we're just sitting back and enjoying the show.

ColonelTEE3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 09, 2008, 03:21:00 am »

I personally enjoy the story so far, my dwarf is much like me in real life lol. But more importantly... what happened to the rum!?

....WHY IS THE RUM GONE!....*pirates of the carribean*  :)

Fikod Rulushzasit Alis Mozir, Mace Lord has grown attached to a fox

leather coat

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #93 on: March 09, 2008, 03:48:00 am »

I'm loving this story. The frequent pictures illustrating the goings-on are wonderful.

DuncanFrost

• Bay Watcher
  • Urban Legendary
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt account.
« Reply #94 on: March 09, 2008, 04:16:00 am »

This is actually the first community fortress i've managed to get into, so yay for being awesome! Keep up the good work   ;)
Toady looses a roaring laughter, fell and terrible!
Toady has butchered a spammer!

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #95 on: March 09, 2008, 04:28:00 am »

Agreed, the style of story-telling you've adopted is working wonderfully!

... by Armok, I might even decide to finally join a fortress, should you decide to take on some scallywags.

Fenrir

« Reply #96 on: March 09, 2008, 09:08:00 am »

Will my brain ever heal?

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #97 on: March 09, 2008, 03:57:00 pm »

Okay whew, glad the story is engaging people.  I tend to get neurotic about updated threads like these, I'll just shut up, chill out, and make with the story!  First though, I wanted to just note how incredibly well this whole thing has gone, I couldn't have asked for a better crew or better posters, thank you guys for being part of the fort with me, it's really bring it to life.  

*Fenrir, I don't think Sigurd's brain will heal, but, I'm pretty sure his muscle well makes up for it  :)

14th, Felsite, Late Spring, 1059:

Duncana walks into the captains chambers suited up and armed to the teeth, a bucket strapped to her back.

"Captain!", she hails, standing at attention.  

Kalen has her back turned as she adjusts her tri-pointed carp leather pirate hat.  She turns to address Duncana, crocodile leather eye-path glistening.  Duncana, even having known the entire story, as utterly floored by the majestic look of her captain.  Never has a dwarf been so fitting a pirate than Kalen, the scarred, one eyed scurvy scourge of the high seas.  

"Aye, Duncana, speak your mind.  Make it quick, we've a mission to accomplish today."  

"Cap," Duncana said solemly, stepping closer, "I know we've a mission.  Let me go first, alone."

"Pardon?"  

"The Professors wounds are my doing.  Let me get him water.  I don't care if I get ambushed, if I do, I'll fire off one of these!"  She opened her palm, a long stick of wrapped leather in her hand.

"Eh?"  Kalen asked, confused, her eye taking in the strange device.

"Beardless Bob, you know, you saw him playing with the gull ... uh ... droppin's?"  "Aye," Kalen responds, noting the sickly yellow goo gooping out of the end of the leather roll.

"'E's made a flare, cap.  I just smash it into 'e ground 'n it makes a cloud 'o smoke.  Imp can spot it a mile away.  If I get ambushed, I'll fire 'et 'afore I go down and ye'll have a jump on the bastards."

Kalen saw no need for this act of bravery.  5 well armed dwarves could fend off most ambushes without sustaining an injury.  However, she could see the torture wrinkling Duncana's once innocent face.  Kalen knew the feeling of responsibility.  Her scars burned of the mouth of the shark that had felled her previous crew, and she felt a sudden twinge of jealousy that Duncana would have a chance to repent her sins.  Kalen had never been given such a chance.

"Go on then," Kalen said, turning her back.  Duncana needed this, and the crew could go on without her.  

Duncana said nothing as she turned to leave, pocketing the disgusting device.  

Q-Tip kept watch on the plank as Duncana stepped off purposefully, never looking back.

Kalen walked out on the deck while Duncana was away, calling her combat ready crew to come to deck.

"Suit up boys, we've a mission to accomplish.  We've got 'te secure a perimeter around a nearby lake while Jaina and Boucher construct a wee aqueduct to fill our well before Horatio and The Professor croak."  

Skipper stumbled out of the captains quarters and fell down the steps onto the deck.  Kalen watched, perplexed, as he slowly stood up to join with the landing party.

His steel helm was on backwards, and his shield was upside down.  

Sigurd ripped out a laugh and slapped Skipper on the back, causing him to drop his shield and sword.  Kalen glared at Sigurd him with her one fiery eye as she strode past, silencing him.  She turned Skipper's helmet around and handed him his blade and shield, right side up.

"Skip, you're a brave lad, but you're no good with that blade.  Keep an eye on this lever while we're gone.  You see hide or hair of anything coming towards the docks, don't you hesitate, you pull it, you got it?"  

"Aye, cap," Skipper replied, a mix of disappointment and relief tainting his voice.  

A sharp and crackled wail came up from below decks.  The Professor was in the final throes of dehydration, his mind a maze of false hopes and utter despair.  Kalen winced.  The aqueduct would take days, and he had merely hours to live, so if Duncana did---

"CAP!", Imp's voice rang out from above.  

Kalen's heart sunk.  Two more good pirates to die under he watch, it would seem.  She shouldered her massive warhammer and prepared to go and fight her way ashore.  

"Cap!?"

"I know Imp, we'll try and get to her!"  She shouted, preparing to board the plank.  

"No cap, she's on her way back!"

Kalens eye lit up as she spotted Duncana in the distance, quickly navigating the rocky shoreline, a bucket of water clasped closely to her chest.  Kalen smiled softly and the crew let out a cheer as Duncana came back on board, never taking her eyes off the bucket, her steps careful as she made her way below deck.  

Duncana homed in on the sound of her wailing lovers parched voice, his throat cracking and insanity bubbling on his paper white lips.  

She slowly opened the door to his bunk, whispering "Shhhhh ..." as she placed the bucket to his lips.  He sucked eagerly at the clear refreshing water, his bloodshot eyes popping open and locking on hers.  He finally recognized the she dwarf who had been with him in his time of despair.  It had not been his mother, his sister, nor his cruel goddess of blight.  Duncana looked down at him softly as he gasped for air, his mind clearing.

"Not too much, ye'll explode," she whispered, tears at the corners of her eyes.  

The bucket was nearly empty, but she went to check on Horatio.  

"I'll be fine lassy, ye' just make sure we get the well workin' again, eh?"   Duncana nodded as she left.  She began to make her way up to the deck to rejoin the crew, but The Professor called out to her.  'He's still insane with dehydration', she thought, continuing her pace.  He cried out again, no despair or insanity in his voice, this time mild irritation.

Duncana turned and went to check on him.  "Wait, tell the Captain to call off the landing party."  Duncana looked confused.  "There's no more water'n te' well, mate.  Ye'll die for sure this time, 'nd we can't stay at port forever."  

"Bring me Fishgut Led and Beardless Bob.  I had a dream while I was out and I think I know the answer."  The Professor reached feebly across to the table to grab his precious notebook and pencil, covered in dust from his neglect of intellectual pursuits.  He began scribbling something down while Duncana went to inform the Captain.  

Kalen heard her story and request to stop the party and was skeptical.  A madman asking favors was not her favorite way to decide the fate of her men, but again, something in Duncana's face persuaded her to agree.  However, the landing party was an incredibly dangerous venture, and anything to possibly avoid it was a good thing.

"Alright boys, shoulder them sabres, we'll see what this old coot has up his sleeve.  Bob, Fishgut, see what he has in mind."

Later that evening:

Fishgut Led sat up in his chair, his sword falling off his lap, jolting awake.  The Professor and Beardless Bob we're comparing notes, jotting down chemical formulas and reactions.  "Ye nodded off lad," The Professor whispered, his voice still raspy.  "We've got the formula down, but mechanically, it seems impossible with our supplies ..."

Fishgut waved him to shut his mouth, a look of urgency on his face.  "Quick, hand me the pad before I forget, I've seen it in my dream ..."

Fishgut scribbled something down, handing the book back to The Professor before standing up to leave.  "I don't know if it'll work, I don't even quite understand it, but I saw it."

quote:

~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
═══O%O═══
++++%++++
++++#++++
+++++++++

The Professor and Bob stared at it a moment before both looking up, shocked.  "It's perfect!"  They both said, eyes alight at the solution process.  

'Bloody nerdlubbers,' Fishgut thought as he shouldered his blade and headed up to the deck, still unsure of what he'd drawn.

Beardless Bob came charging up behind him, slapping him on the shoulders as Fishgut sat to have a mug of grog in the galley.  

Bob headed up swiftly to the captains chambers where Kalen was pacing, uneasy at the delay.

"Well?" She asked before he'd fully entered the room.  

"We've got it figger'd cap, but ... well.  We need more wood."

'Damnit,' Kalen thought, 'we could've secured the shore by now and we've got to go out anyway.  If The Professor lives I'll make sure to kill him later.'

"Fine, fine, tell the men to get ready."  

Brave and salty as the sea they yearned for, the landing crew went ashore.

[ March 09, 2008: Message edited by: valcon ]

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #98 on: March 09, 2008, 04:27:00 pm »

12th Felsite, Late Spring, 1059:

Fishgut Led held out his hand to the party.  Sigurd, Q-Tip and Imp held their ground as they waited, not seeing anything in the distance.  

"I smell it ..."  Fishgut said, his nose curling up.  Q-Tip and Imp looked at each other, shrugging.  They smelled nothing.  Q-Tip looked to see if Sigurd had noticed anything, but he was staring open mouthed at a passing sparrow, a fleck of drool at his lip.  'Poor thug,' Q-Tip thought, remembering his headwound.  

"Imp, stay 'ere and cover me, Q-Tip, Sigurd, stay close."

Q-Tip walked a few steps behind Fishgut, mace at the ready.  She looked back to check on Sigurd and saw him curl up around a rock and go to sleep.  'Bloody lug,' she thought, a fond smile draping her bearded face.  Imp chuckled as he moved to sit on the slumbering viking, readying his crossbow.

Fishgut and Q-Tip made their way into the grove, eyes peeled and sensing danger.  

Q-Tip was still looking around confused when, without warning, Fishgut took off at a sprint.  Q-Tip struggled to keep pace with the frenzied dwarf as he ran through the trees as if his arse were on fire.  She rounded a massive oak log and stopped dead in her tracks at the sight.

Fishgut Led was crouched over, slowly approaching something in the distance, his sword clenched in his teeth, bare hands at the ready.  Q-Tip stopped dead in her tracks when she saw what he was stalking:

Fishgut inched closer and closer to the spiked and pearly behemoth, it's massive sword tipped skull weaving in the distance.  It turned in a flash, rattling it's bony frame as it spotted Fishgut.  

The brave dwarf let out a roar and rushed at the unholy abomination.  Q-Tip struggled to follow, her heart dead in her throat and her feet wobbly, hands weak and drained of blood.

Fishgut had no such qualms.  He eagerly leaped at the churning mass of sharpened bones and cartilage, grabbing his sword from his teeth with his right hand.  Q-Tip faltered and stopped, letting out a yelp as Fishgut grabbed the demon fishes sword-skull with his bare left hand, blood spraying out.

Fishgut, reveling in the fight and disregarding his bloody hand, jerked hard at the fishes head, dragging its gaping maw open.  He immediately shoved his sword hand down the beasts bony throat, Q-Tip watching through the lines of razor sharp teeth and ribs as Fishgut jammed his blade in the beasts spine, twisting hard.  Rows of vertebrae cracked and popped out, the flailing rear of the fish shattering into a thousand bones, as Fishgut withdrew his sword arm to jab the blade quickly into the gaping eye socket, screaming as he twisted, jerking the skull with his bloody left hand until it cracked and split under the force of his trained muscles.  

Q-Tip watched in awe as Fishgut threw the beasts skull to the ground, wiping his bloody hand on his chain shirt.

"Ahhhhhhh", Fishgut sighed, joy and relief spreading across his face as he stood in the woods.   He turned to the stunned Q-Tip, a grin lighting on his lips.

"I love fishing."

He grabbed the part of the broken skull and tossed it to Q-Tip.  She balked, juggling the bloody shattered razor sharp mess of bone.  "What the hell am I supposed to do with this?"  she asked, disgusted.

"Give it to Kalen for me.  I get the feeling she doesn't like undead ocean fish, she'll be pleased.  Tell her to send the woodcutters, it's safe now."  Fishgut leaned up against a nearby tree, calmly looking up at the sky, his face serene under the evening sun.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 09, 2008, 04:52:00 pm »

Diary of Bob Rakelabors, Late spring of 1059

Skipper has been asking question about my interest in bird droppings.
I suppose he is only being concerned about the ship's safety. But still, I'd rather not share my knowledge of making gunpowder. In the wrong hands it would be a threat to us all.
So I feigned an interest in marine biology and encouraged him to tell me more about the big white birds. Seagulls he calls them.
For a dwarf who dislikes science and intellectual discussion, as we have come to know Skipper, he sure does know a lot about the local fauna.
Must have spent a lot of time above ground. I don't envy him.
Although he seemed happy to share his knowledge, I get the feeling I didn't quite satisfy his curiosity.
I think I have another plan though. Still that would cost me some of my precious gunpowder...

Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #100 on: March 09, 2008, 06:01:00 pm »

14th, Felsite, Late Spring, 1059:

Jaina, Boucher, Skipper and the gang are carrying the last bundles of wood aboard the ship.  Beardless Bob is overseeing the construction on the deck, Kalen still unable to grasp what exactly they are working on.

"I don't understand."  Kalen states, standing next to Bob as Jaina begins to peel back some of the aft deck planks.  "Why aren't we building an aqueduct?"  

"Don't need one, cap."  Bob is twirling his bag of gunpowder in his hand as he watches the construction, concerned about the Captains reaction when he finally tells her what the plan will be.  He's learned much from Skipper and the gulls, though most of his biological studies were learned in the past two days under the tutelage of The Professor, who once served as an altar boy in the temple of Blight.  He certainly knows a thing or two about dwarven waste.

Boucher walks up on the deck with the galley waste bucket in her hands, a wet rag soaked with grog wrapped tight around her nose and mouth.  Her disgust is visible as she brings the churning yellow bucket to the deck and sets it down near Jaina while she sets the final touches up on the bizzare contraption.  

Tubes of leather and microcline gears bristle out of the oaken frame copper shields mounted underneath as some kind of makeshift pan, a kaolinite handle jutting out the side.  

"What the hell is that, then?"  Kalen asks, furious, as Boucher sets her disgusting package on the deck.  

"Piss, cap,"  Bob responds, twirling his charm.  

"You're fucking kidding me.  Toss it overboard!"  Boucher hesitates, looking at Bob, before reaching to lift it.

"Wait, stop." Bob asks, turning to the captain.  Kalen swiftly strikes him in the ear, drawing her sword and heading to Boucher.  "I am your Captain and you follow MY orders, not his.  Now toss that overboard!"  

Bob intervenes, setting himself between Kalens sword tip and Boucher.  "Just wait, captain.  Hear me out."  His ear is stinging from the blow, but he knew it was coming.

"You've worked the still before, cap, brewing plump helmets?"

Kalen glares her eye at him, staring down her sword, not lowering an inch, "Aye."  She waits.

"This is a still.  For piss.  Turn it into water."  Kalen laughs, looking at the confusing nest of bolts and tubes and pans and spikes.  She laughs, but lowers her sword a little.  She's given them so much leeway in the past few days she is running the risk of losing authority, but if she backs down now, she'll make a fool of herself and then be forced to make yet another landing.  If she lets them have their fun and try and drink their own piss, Professor will die, probably Horatio too, but it'll be on Bob's head, not hers, and the plank has yet to walk a mate.  

"Alright, but I 'aint touching that nasty shite."  Kalen responds, sheathing her sword.

Jaina grabs the rag from Boucher and ties it around her face.  She has no hope for success in this venture but badly wants to get it overwith so they can embark, no matter how many people die.  

"Okay Jaina, careful now, pour it in right there," Bob instructs, pointing at a makeshift trough constructed of narrow copper greaves liberated from minced kobold corpses.  

Bob holds his breath, clenching his powder tight.  He runs through the equations in his head again.  It's got to work.  It HAS to work!

Jaina carefully pours the disgusting contents into the still, never spilling a drop as Kalen's watchful eye glares at her from the railing on the stairs up to her room.  

Setting down the waste container, she carefully follows The Professors instructions, adjusting the tubes, and begins to crank slowly at the rotten contraption.  The suns rays reflect off a steel shield hanging from the royal sail rigging, shining down on the piss, setting off an awful reek.  Bob looks on, unaware of the stench, the insides of his nose long since singed to olfactory oblivion.  

Suddenly, out of the end nozzle leading into the ship's cistern, comes a single drop of piss ... no, no, not piss, Bob notes, elated, something clear.  Crystal clear.  Beautiful clear water.  "Pump faster, Jaina!"  He exclaims, getting excited.

Jaina pumps faster, a flow of clear beautiful water pouring out of the nozzle.  The vile piss is boiling and steaming, collecting on the carp leather tarp and dripping into the various nozzles and hoses, pumping through the gravel filters and out the end into the well.  

"Keep going Jaina!"  Bob leans over the well, peering inside.  His face is split from ear to ear with a grin.  The well is nearly full ... almost ... there, just there.  "Okay Jaina!"  

BLAMMO

Sigurd is below decks when he hears the explosion.  He grabs his axe and heads to the deck, following the sound of the captains vitriolic cursing.  When he emerges, he is welcome to an odd sight.  Kalen is standing near her quarters, covering her nose and waving her sword around, cursing at everything she can set her eye on.  Jaina is retching over the railing into the ocean, and Bob ... Bob is laughing.  He's covered from head to toe in some disgusting liquid that begins to send tendrils of noxious scent up Sigurd's nose.

"What smell funny?"  The lumbering dwarf asks, his eyes watering at the stench as he moves up the deck.  Bob is still laughing, never moving to clean himself.

"You stupid son of an elf!"  Kalen shouts down, covering her nose as she descends the steps.  "You've ruined my ship, you idiot!  And we're still fish out of wa--"

Bob is hauling up the chain to the well, bring up a bucket, still chuckling.  "Hold it cap," he says, bringing out the bucket.  He presents it to her, clear liquid in his hands.  

"Get that shit away from me you disgusting worthless mongrel!"  

Bob, sensing she was very near her breaking point, decides to end the confrontation.  He quickly brings the bucket to his lips, and takes a big, long, drink.  Jaina looks up from the rail, see's Bob, and immediately goes back to retching.

"Ahhhh,"  Bob sighs, setting down the empty bucket and patting his stomach.  "A tad warm, but fresh!"  He wipes his mouth and offers Kalen to take a look.  She walks over, tip toeing over the puddles of urine surrounding the well, and peers down inside.  

"Well I'll be a shark's fin ..." Kalen sticks her head down the well and takes a whiff.  Smells like cedar chips and water.

She pulls her head out and turns to beaming Beardless Bob, immediately planting a solid right hook into his hairless scarred jaw.  He drops to the deck, stunned, falling in a puddle with a splat.

"WELL DONE!"  Kalen says, standing over him.  "While you're down there, you can celebrate by CLEANING ALL THIS PISS OFF MY FUCKING SHIP!"  Kalen tosses a rag down on Bob's face, storming off.  

Skipper pokes his head out the door to the captains chambers, his nose crinkling, he quickly decides better of it and ducks back inside.  

Duncana runs up to the deck and sees the tragedy and her heart sinks.  The Professors plan failed ...

She walks over to the well and is shocked to see the beautiful crystal water sloshing inside.  "YOU DID IT!"  Bob, laying on the deck clutching his jaw, covered in piss, offers up a weak smile.  Duncana, ignoring his disgusting urine covered face, leans down and plants a kiss on his cheek before hoisting a bucket to bring to The Professor, Jaina grabbing one for Horatio.

"It worked though, cap!"  Skipper says, elated, quickly closing the door behind her.  Kalen had not stopped cursing every step of the way back to her quarters.

"Aye, right it did, but look at my ship!  Smell my ship!"  She grumbles, pacing back and forth.  

"But cap, we can leave now!  We can finally lift anchor and get away!  Surely the villagers have launched a party to get revenge for the traders we dropped in the ocean by now, we'd better leave before they show up."

"Aye, you're right Skipper, let's be off then.  Tell the dwarves to up anchor"  Kalen looks at the swordfish skull mounted on her wall, a gift from Fishgut Led.  "Tell Fishgut to join me in my quarters, I'd like to have him tell me 'bout how he bested this beast.  Oh, and, make yourself scarce for a while, sleep in the galley if you don't hear from me by nightfall."

"Aye ... cap ... ?"  Skipper says, confused, setting out the door.  

Skipper steps out on deck, closing the door, put off by the scenario.  He's to go hop around the deck covered in piss while that lug Fishgut gets to share time with the Captain?  

Skipper organizes the crew and has Sigurd lift the chain to the massive anchor, Jaina pulling up the gang plank as Skipper mans the wheel.  Fishgut Led walks by, heading to the mast to undo the main lines, but Skipper stops him.

"Captain wants to see you, Led.  Don't be too long, we need you out here!"  Skipper lies as Fishgut turns up to the Captains quarters.  Skipper cranks the wheel angrily, looking over his shoulder as Fishgut knocked on the captains door, disappearing inside.

Kalen closes the door behind him.

"So then, Led, tell me about your battle with the swordfish ..."

[ March 09, 2008: Message edited by: valcon ]

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 09, 2008, 06:31:00 pm »

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Kalen and Fishgut?! Wowza's... I don't really mind it though.
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #102 on: March 09, 2008, 06:32:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Xotes:
<STRONG>Whoa, whoa, whoa! Kalen and Fishgut?! Wowza's... I don't really mind it though.</STRONG>

Well, she did lose an eye, so maybe she can't quite see how ugly he is, eh?  hehe

I've got another big update coming up tonight, and I believe we'll, as a forum crew, need to make some plans for the future.  Stay tuned.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 09, 2008, 07:01:00 pm »

-the insides of his nose long since singed to olfactory oblivion-

Wahahahahaha GREAT!

Ever so hilarious!

BTW.. human waste? Don't you mean dwarven

[ March 09, 2008: Message edited by: martinuzz ]

Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 09, 2008, 07:25:00 pm »

Oooo Piratey Drama!  Yay.     We'll be interesting how you spin this, considering the limitations of DF itself.   Though a love triangle would be cool.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18