Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18

Author Topic: Pirates of the Fondled Waters (Community Pirate Ship)  (Read 72360 times)

Dasqoot

• Bay Watcher
  • He-wenching for the cause.
    • View Profile
Re: Pirates of the Fondled Waters (Community Pirate Ship)
« Reply #180 on: March 14, 2008, 02:19:00 pm »

Kagus you just became my hero.

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #181 on: March 14, 2008, 02:28:00 pm »

Ne'er mind, I found it in the stocks screen.  Was just an =Iron Pike=, exceptionally crafted but hardly worthy of a tribal leader ...

While searching, however, I did notice that the cage he is in was stolen from the elves and is covered with images of elves surrounded by elves doing fancy and fabulous elven things, which, I'm sure, is torture for a goblin! =)

[ March 14, 2008: Message edited by: valcon ]

Still doing Let's Plays, still got a gold toof. 

Adventure Mode:  The Movie!

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #182 on: March 14, 2008, 03:58:00 pm »

21st Obsidian, Late-Winter, 1060:

Kalen sits at a table in the galley surrounded by her crew.  They do not cheer, they do not cry, they sit; rapt and attentive as she describes the duel between the brave Imp and the goblin leader.  Unarmed combat, a fight to the death, absolutely no rules on the churning deck of the Dread Pirate ship Bellsmaw.

The eyes on her are opened wide, mouths agape, as she describes the epic battle:

(I will not spoil it with a written description, the events of the battle are captured remarkably well within the below linked movie)

Be ready to get your xSocksx knocked off by the ferocity!  Enjoy!
http://mkv25.net/dfma/movie-425-impsfatefulrevengeduelwiththegoblinleader

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 14, 2008, 05:57:00 pm »

Thanks, A C P.....

They think I'm young now, don't they, sweet Bob...
Binty, Beardless Binty as the crew has come to call her, Armok knows why, chuckles at the thought of her presumed innocence.
The moment her parents died, something changed inside her. In her dreams she now can only see blood, Blood for the Blood god. Praise Armok! If it hadn't been for him, the goblins would sure as hell have gotten her. She would have been torn to pieces. Just like her father, just like her mother. She had seen pieces of them, floating on the foamy waves.
Somehow, it didn't touch her. She felt at ease, even though her mind told her she shouldn't be. There was a strange feeling of freedom. And yet, sorrow was there.
But was it sorrow for the fate of her parents?
She saw them die.
She knew who was responsible..
But in a strange way it felt like it was meant to be
She tried to remember them.
Yet only shadow remained.
Boucher's attention was much more real.
She told her. About Bob. And the life of a pirate.
And vengeance..
Surely this was meant to be her fate...

[ March 14, 2008: Message edited by: martinuzz ]

[ March 14, 2008: Message edited by: martinuzz ]

Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

ColonelTEE3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 14, 2008, 07:16:00 pm »

Bad ass fight. I thought the goblin had it in the bag for the whole fight until the end, awesome ending.
Fikod Rulushzasit Alis Mozir, Mace Lord has grown attached to a fox

leather coat

Splime

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 14, 2008, 08:26:00 pm »

Great job Imp! You have a bit to work on with your combat skills, but that fight was well-finished.

AlienChickenPie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 15, 2008, 11:17:00 am »

Looks like Imp's spine got hurt. Does it mean he's going back to crossbow duty?

Fenrir

« Reply #187 on: March 15, 2008, 11:55:00 am »

Awesome fight! This story is the only reason I occasionally lurk here... like right now.

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #188 on: March 15, 2008, 01:42:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Fenrir:
<STRONG>Awesome fight! This story is the only reason I occasionally lurk here... like right now.</STRONG>

Aww, I'm glad it's engaging you man, I know it takes a lot to keep something like this engaging so, thanks to you all for your comments and to all the crew for helping contribute to the story, you've all made this officially the most fun I've had with a fort =)

And yes, AlienChickenPie, Imp was indeed hurt fairly badly, he'll never spar in hand to hand again;  however, his already considerable marksdwarf skills will help him to become a mighty sniper up on the crows nest where he can rain down his bolts on our enemies!  

I've some good plans for the future of this fortress and will be doing some major udpates today.  I hope I can keep this engaging for our crewmen and others.  Avast, ye scurvies, thar's trouble breaking on the horizon, and I know just the crew to make it walk the plank!  ARR!!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 15, 2008, 02:01:00 pm »

wow....this was embarrasing...really embarrasing

Imp, all fired up on revenge gets totaly humilated, like when a drunk tries to fight a karate master

he notices that he is getting owned, and tries to run away for a while, untill out of sheer luck the goblin falls down and drowns....

and even in his last moments he humilates Imp by snatching his sock THROUGH his shoe....

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

AlienChickenPie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 15, 2008, 04:35:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Akroma:
<STRONG>wow....this was embarrasing...really embarrasing

Imp, all fired up on revenge gets totaly humilated, like when a drunk tries to fight a karate master

he notices that he is getting owned, and tries to run away for a while, untill out of sheer luck the goblin falls down and drowns....

and even in his last moments he humilates Imp by snatching his sock THROUGH his shoe....</STRONG>

I guess that's why it's threadbare- the goblin tore it right off and the game feels like understating.

Retro42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 15, 2008, 09:11:00 pm »

Wow!

I've been out of town all week.  I missed alot!  Imp avenged Bob!! Well done!  The prof managed to get out of bed and enjoy a little wholesome slaughter.  AND fresh galley slaves.  Keep up the reports Valcon!

Retro

othorocksmoms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 16, 2008, 09:06:00 pm »

wow good job imp well back after a weekend.
 like how you neglected to mention that Giant Cave Spiders are satanic Dwarf-killing machines. BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

othorocksmoms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 16, 2008, 09:15:00 pm »

does the ship have a water pump on the side near the fresh water supply?if not well I think you can add it on the side of the boat and have someone pump salt water into the supply and make it into fresh drinking water.
 like how you neglected to mention that Giant Cave Spiders are satanic Dwarf-killing machines. BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 17, 2008, 06:28:00 am »

It does, have a pump and yes it is connected to the side of the ocean, but story wise it is like that Piss purifier that Kevin Costner uses in Waterworld.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18