Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18

Author Topic: Pirates of the Fondled Waters (Community Pirate Ship)  (Read 72364 times)

Splime

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pirates of the Fondled Waters (Community Pirate Ship)
« Reply #150 on: March 13, 2008, 07:19:00 pm »

Can I take Domas? I'll name him "Knifer", and if possible, he should fight with a sword. Any sort of fish dissection, animal dissection, or animal work should do fine, extending to butchery if necessary. Of course, since this is a pirate ship, he should be a swordsdwarf most of the time.

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #151 on: March 13, 2008, 07:24:00 pm »

Done and done, welcome aboard mate:

Now, for the matter at hand:

What will my crew have in store for our captive goblin leader???

Still doing Let's Plays, still got a gold toof. 

Adventure Mode:  The Movie!

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #152 on: March 13, 2008, 07:30:00 pm »

Okay Splime, Wiles, I've edited you into the roster on the OP and have a request:

If you wouldn't mind just giving me some hints (don't have to write pages or anything) about how you'd like these two's personalities and backstories to shape up, please let me know, but remember:

They're native villagers, don't speak great dwarvish, and were taken from their families.  

If you don't have anything to add by the next update, I'll make it up myself, but, as you can see by the history of the fort, I'm no saint, so don't expect it to be overly nice =)  So, you've got your chance, take it if you wish.  And welcome aboard!

Splime

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 13, 2008, 07:36:00 pm »

Knifer was a former tribe leader, until the elves passed his village, which signaled the goblins to raid the village. Most of his tribe was killed, but he escaped thanks to his trusty knife. While he prefers to use swords, he also has knife skill, which is why he's good at animal dissection. His family has been dead for a long time, and he joined the desperate band of natives to find shelter, away from the evil goblins and the treacherous elves. Needless to say, he hates elves.

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #154 on: March 13, 2008, 07:49:00 pm »

Perfect, thank you Splime!  I, and I'm sure the rest of the crew, are looking forward to your knifework on our dangerous deck during this salty journey =)

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 13, 2008, 07:53:00 pm »

Tiny is quite a large fellow, known for his boisterousness and short temper. He doesn't take no guff from anyone and has a reputation among his people for being a troublemaker. Living in the village, when he wasn't out causing trouble he was fashioning tools and weapons for his people.

[ March 13, 2008: Message edited by: Wiles ]

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #156 on: March 13, 2008, 07:56:00 pm »

Awesome, thank you Wiles, both of you, I appreciate you doing that, makes it much easier and more fun for me to pluck out storylines for your characters, and, hopefully a better read =)  We set sail again tonight, I vow it on Beardless Bob's grave!

othorocksmoms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 13, 2008, 08:14:00 pm »

Ill like a dwarf name him malanga he is one of the natives that survived a goblin attack I want to be a grog making apprentice of the grog mistress.one question how did you make the ship?
 like how you neglected to mention that Giant Cave Spiders are satanic Dwarf-killing machines. BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #158 on: March 13, 2008, 08:22:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by othorocksmoms:
<STRONG>Ill like a dwarf name him malanga he is one of the natives that survived a goblin attack I want to be a grog making apprentice of the grog mistress.one question how did you make the ship?</STRONG>

Sadly, my friend, all of the other natives save Knifer and Tiny were killed in the attack =(  Perhaps we'll be able to take on more crew soon.

I've got plans to draw up some new bunks above the captains quarters soon, but I believe it'll take a bit.     :confused:   Very sorry, but, keep an eye open, I'll make sure to make it clear whenever we have any dwarves available, and you can sign up at your own peril!  Again, very sorry, but the ship is quite full.

Also:  To make the ship, I dug out a dry-dock (basically a huge rectangle below the water line) and made sure no water got into it and constructed the ship from the bottom-up inside the dry dock, then, when it was completed, I flooded the dry-dock to let the ocean in, thus, setting us afloat!  (figuratively, of course)

[ March 13, 2008: Message edited by: valcon ]

othorocksmoms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 13, 2008, 08:28:00 pm »

Dang thanks anyway nice story by the way. Ill keep my eyes open for any openings.
LONG LIVE BELLSMAW AND HER GROG.
 like how you neglected to mention that Giant Cave Spiders are satanic Dwarf-killing machines. BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #160 on: March 13, 2008, 08:29:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by othorocksmoms:
<STRONG>Dang thanks anyway nice story by the way. Ill keep my eyes open for any openings.
LONG LIVE BELLSMAW AND HER GROG.</STRONG>

HURRAH!  Thank you for reading mate, and again, very sorry.

othorocksmoms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 13, 2008, 08:31:00 pm »

Oh by the way you got my name Malanga so if theres any openings please add him appreciate it.

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #162 on: March 13, 2008, 08:37:00 pm »

Aye mate, will do.  Would it be un-kosher for me to start a list of people who wish to claim future dwarves?

I mostly hesitate because ... we don't take immigrations usually, just this time we grabbed 2 out of the 22 because we needed 1 to fill a spot and an extra fighter guy sneaked on board with the child, the rest of the immigration waves that come I usually let starve to death on the beaches because we can't fit anybody else on.  So, mostly the opportunity to get new dwarves will come in the form of another dwarf passing, and being replaced by a new face.  

But okay unless anybody objects I'll start a future-pirate-signup sheet on the original post, with  Malanga at the top of the list.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 13, 2008, 08:53:00 pm »

Been away for a bit, and I have to say: WOW. Imp's turned into a real terror!

Make Imp fight the spearmaster, please, and avenge his good friend Bob personally.

Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #164 on: March 13, 2008, 09:14:00 pm »

Hey man, glad to have you back!  Aye, I thought he was going to either commit suicide or murder somebody after Bob died, but he shaped up alright after getting to do his murder.  Those movies man, he killed like 10 goblins in about 2 minutes game-time, total rampage.  Anyway, welcome back!  

Okay so 1 vote for a revenge battle between Imp and the goblin leader:  What say the rest of ye crew (if ever'n ye read this)  I'll hold off a bit to give the others a chance to have a say.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18