Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 32

Author Topic: Mod: Legendary Lands = Released 1.11e 20-July Read first post!  (Read 78876 times)

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
Re: Mod: Legendary Lands = Released 1.11e 20-July Read first post!
« Reply #420 on: July 21, 2009, 02:32:07 am »

The graphics pack has been updated to include a bunch more LL critters.

Awesomesauce.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

PotatoDaddy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 01, 2009, 10:12:46 am »

*EDIT* Fixed my problem.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 10:46:27 am by PotatoDaddy »

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 20, 2009, 03:10:20 pm »

(I'm not sure if this is a bug, as I'm not sure what happened, but it can't hurt to post it, this thread deserves a bump)

I have a special case for the Crime Scene Investigation squad:
This happened right after the elven trade caravan announced it was going to leave, I centered the viewscreen on the trade depot to be absolutely sure that the treehuggers were really packing their bags, and was just in time to see Alicirc Abiepicirorip, elven spearman, fall to his knees and die. (His graphic just changed from a living elf to a dead elf.) There was nobody in the direct neighbourhood except for his fellow elves, their animals and the wagons. Apparently he somehow bled to death as the square next to him contains a puddle of blood staining the white snow. After his death, the other elves just left as if nothing ever happened. The trade depot is near a magma pit, but there apparently was no smoke or fire involved. It apparently gets quite cold in winter at this location (it happened in winter, outside) but the area does thaw for a few months in summer. some of the other elves had some minor injuries to their throat and spine that I can't really explain (light grey)
This is all I can come up with for now, I still hope some dwarf will give us a clue by making an engraving about this event, but changes are that won't happen.

Now the death of this elf, does not really worry me, but it would be nice to know what happened. Maybe I could use it more efficiently against the next caravan.

Edit : I could backup the save, quit the fortress and check legends, will do that tomorrow.
Edit2 : Nothing in legends. guess stuff does not show up in legends untill you explore the fortress with an adventurer which would likely not result in many clues.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 03:30:15 pm by Bralbaard »

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
« Reply #423 on: August 21, 2009, 12:41:46 am »

Most likely it was cold damage, but why it happened to only that elf, I don't know.

Saeldanya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 22, 2009, 03:43:20 am »

Holy cow, that was officially the longest world gen ever.

Every 100 years of world gen took an average of an hour to 90 minutes... I went to bed and was stunned to find it didn't stop before 1050 when I woke up and had a look. I'm used to 300 years of world gen being a long time!  ;D

This should be fun. If the 2.8 million events ever stop loading.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 23, 2009, 01:55:19 pm »

I've been very fascinated by this mod. While I can't play it in adventure mode due to the lag, I can't tell any real difference in fortress mode speedwise.

That said, the one thing I think you should look at is ore prices. Sphalerite and malachite are still 6 cost at embark, but the brass they produce has it's value spiked by the mod. Essentially, I embarked with tens of thousands of db in brass for a few hundred embark cost. Hell of a bargain, really.

Loving this mod, the only downside is the thieves are getting annoying. I have probably 4 caged thieves and another 4 siegers who came when the thieves got away with two brass goblets.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 23, 2009, 05:55:46 pm »

Wow, the arena mode Toady mentioned in the devlog today is going to make updating this mod so much easier.

As it was I was dreading trying to catch all the bugs, but now it might be more bug free than the version we already have.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 23, 2009, 11:53:43 pm »

I've been very fascinated by this mod. While I can't play it in adventure mode due to the lag, I can't tell any real difference in fortress mode speedwise.

That said, the one thing I think you should look at is ore prices. Sphalerite and malachite are still 6 cost at embark, but the brass they produce has it's value spiked by the mod. Essentially, I embarked with tens of thousands of db in brass for a few hundred embark cost. Hell of a bargain, really.

Loving this mod, the only downside is the thieves are getting annoying. I have probably 4 caged thieves and another 4 siegers who came when the thieves got away with two brass goblets.

There are two ways I can ensure violence from specific groups. The first is item_thief, the second is babysnatcher.
To be honest, I don't like all the thieves constantly myself, but it's the only way I can figure out how to make sure they are actually enemies, without the babysnatching.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 31, 2009, 12:24:21 pm »

I've noticed quite horrible lag in adventure mode as well, as I haven't played much vanilla adventure mode I assumed it was not a problem specific for LL adventurers. is it? If so, what would be causing this?

Having great fun btw. after a few fortresses that got killed early on by skeletal rhinos and imp lords I finally have a fortress going for three years now, haven't had a siege yet, but there's been lots of other trouble.

Wits

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 05, 2009, 01:34:59 pm »

I have been trying to add the orcs from the orc mod to my legendary lands. I don't quite know where I should put them, however. When I finally got them to appear in worldgen (pasted them in pretty much every folder I could come up with), they were always wiped out by year 5 or so. I stopped gen at year 5 and thus made them survive, but when they sieged me, they instantaneously attacked and killed each other. Anyone know what's up with that? :O Is it even possible to get the Orcs to work with LL? I would really like to add them, since I tend to get bored before any LL civ actually bothers to siege, but I enjoy LL otherwise.

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
« Reply #430 on: September 05, 2009, 03:40:34 pm »

I have been trying to add the orcs from the orc mod to my legendary lands. I don't quite know where I should put them, however. When I finally got them to appear in worldgen (pasted them in pretty much every folder I could come up with), they were always wiped out by year 5 or so. I stopped gen at year 5 and thus made them survive, but when they sieged me, they instantaneously attacked and killed each other. Anyone know what's up with that? :O Is it even possible to get the Orcs to work with LL? I would really like to add them, since I tend to get bored before any LL civ actually bothers to siege, but I enjoy LL otherwise.
Uhm, don't the orcs in Orc Mod come in their own files? if I remember correctly, they do, so you can just copy+paste those files to DFfolder\raw\objects, and there you go.
I'm pretty sure LL doesn't include orcs, if it does, adding your own will require a bit of name changing, me thinks.

Wits

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 06, 2009, 05:57:22 am »

Um, in other words I have been trying to "mod" the Legendary Lands mod to include the orcs from the orc mod. LL indeed doesn't include orcs, and I have indeed been adding them as you describe, although I also put them in to a bunch of the directories that LL adds. Could these extra copies of the Orc mod be the reason they attack each other and are wiped out in worldgen? If so, is it truly enough to put them in raw/objects? I am asking because LL creates two folder under objects: LLplay and LLworldgen. I would suspect these somehow override some of the files in the root objects folder; am I wrong?

Edit: Did some testing - you are right. Having them in objects is enough, and  they don't work if you put them only in the LLplay&worldgen folders. Still doesn't explain why they die at worldgen and fight each other, though. Ohwell.

Edit2: Increased the START_GROUP_NUMBER of the orcs to ridiculous amounts, and now they seem to survive. Will have to test it, but I suspect they will still attack each other come siege, though.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 10:39:12 am by Wits »

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 07, 2009, 05:31:08 am »

try doubling their sizes, since everything in LL has had its size doubled.
Also, make sure their bodies are compatible with LL, since LL has its own body parts, and I don't think much in the way of the original standard bodies survived.

Chromie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 28, 2009, 09:49:21 am »

OH CARP FLAME MAIDEN FLIES.

/cower.

I like this mod!

Edited to add: after a few days...

I've found a couple bugs(?)

Swans spawned on my magma pipe. (yes temperature is on)

also the elves came with big wagons pulled by river trolls, had a liason, and offered me the usual dwarf caravan stuff. The whole gang was elves, so it wasn't like the dwarf caravan had an elf trader or anything...
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 01:14:13 pm by Chromie »

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 05, 2009, 02:32:31 pm »

First, I'm still having great fun with the mod, I just found out it actually has real magic weapons, very cool.

About the bug reported above:I had the exact same thing happen: an elven trade caravan, with a liason +river trolls, and steel items.

Also , another bug:
In adventure mode I walked up to an avari village (walked there, did not use travel) when getting close, I got a message "The glumprong wagon has been scuttled"  Upon visiting the temple I found the wreckage of the wagon, several levels below the entrance of the temple, ( all that remained was a large pile of trade goods) I've never before seen a trade wagon in adventure mode, maybe they are supposed to spawn, but it seems somewhat buggy to me. The place inside the temple where I found the trade goods was too small to hold a wagon, probably explaining why it got destroyed, also the wagon appears to be a human trade wagon , as my human adventurer can wear the armor found within, and all the stuff appears to be engraved with pictures of human warriors and leaders.

Also Avari that are wounded will attempt to fly and will occasionally lose consiousness, causing them to fall and take dammage. the same town had some priest commiting suicide by this method. This may be hard to fix though.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 02:51:28 pm by Bralbaard »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 32