Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32

Author Topic: Mod: Legendary Lands = Released 1.11e 20-July Read first post!  (Read 78886 times)

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
Re: Mod: Legendary Lands = Released 1.11b 10-APRIL Read first post!
« Reply #390 on: June 16, 2009, 05:29:09 pm »

Dragon issue? oho! that explains why my new tiny dragons appear to be dying.
Also, they are missing lungs, my first tiny dragons suffocated.

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 19, 2009, 04:15:51 pm »

Cptn mayday, might the dragon issue be arising from the simple fact that they do NOT have the spine organ in the raws? I don't have a bane, grey, or frost dragon on me atm to test this, but it seems to me that they probably need this part, unless that particular bodytype allows you to get around this.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 11:25:52 am by Byakugan01 »
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 21, 2009, 08:00:31 pm »

As an aside if anyone has any feedback on the stuff I made that made it into the mod, I'd appreciate it.

I imagine Mayday would appreciate feedback on what you think of various things too, as when the next version comes out this mod is going to have to undergo some massive overhauls, so before that time is probably the best time to mention what you really like/utterly hate about the mod.

I'll start that myself - personally the thing I like most about the mod is the ridiculous orgy of violence that occurs in say the first 10-20 years of a world gen, with towns being attacked by dozens of megabeasts. It's a suitably epic beginning to recorded history.

Also I like that everything is pretty much balanced out - you don't really see one race constantly dominating the world, and even elves manage to survive (somehow)

Bonesnap

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 23, 2009, 04:42:07 pm »

I love this mod, but I recently moved up to 40d12, made a fresh install on both DF and LL, but transferred my saves. Now I can play my 17 year long LL fortress, but something in my stockpiles and trade depot is crashing me. I searched the thread for common crashes, Maiden's hair, Lizardmen/Skalassi tags, etc. and I haven't found anything that fixes my problem.

Fantastic mod though, I look forward to being able to play it again. My 17 year fortress still doesn't have 80 dwarves, the orgy of violence has me at 77 right now. Doesn't help that I embarked with two Magma Wyrms as my neighbors...that were constantly under siege by a nearby human population who killed any dwarves that got in their way. Dealing with them is quite an adventure, I tried a high pressure water aqueduct to drown them (didn't work) but eventually I figured constantly blasting them and my flaming dwarves with water, and enough dogs to clog up their system until the guy with the anurite short sword could get in and kill them. He has the tomb of a god

Lengry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 24, 2009, 08:38:07 am »

It's crashing when autumn comes. I don't know what's problem, maybe caused by caravan/emigrants arriving.
So, can I avoid this crash, or should I embark a new fortress? Will this error repeat (if I start new fortress)? Probably it is necessary to reinstall mod or it is a widespread problem?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 09:29:50 am by Lengry »

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 24, 2009, 07:36:23 pm »

Try removing the dye tags from the new plants for starters, that should help.
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 24, 2009, 09:28:05 pm »

Is there a listing somewhere of the different things that cause crashes? I suspect that I get a crash whenever invaders arrive, though it's a bit hard to tell since there's no messages indicating a problem. I've traded just fine with wizards, humans, and dwarves; haven't seen any other friendly civs show up. I get hobgoblin, human, tigerman, lizardman, and kobold thieves; likewise, haven't seen any other hostile civs show up.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

Bonesnap

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 25, 2009, 01:20:16 am »

I tried removing dye tags from the new plants, still have no luck, like the poster above me it'd be nice to see some common crashes/fixes

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 25, 2009, 02:32:19 am »

I tried removing dye tags from the new plants, still have no luck, like the poster above me it'd be nice to see some common crashes/fixes

I've been kind of busy to try and find more bugs, but I really have no clues as to what is causing this. I've got to go through everything for the next release so undoubtedly there'll be some teething issues.

My current plans for this is to slowly introduce more things during the creation of the next version of LL, so I can cleanly get everything into the game.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Lengry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 26, 2009, 04:39:16 pm »

I started new fortress after complete reinstall of game and mod. It's freaken crashes after 2 years of existence. But, it's not a clean game + mod, there's a graphic set for creatures (Not only .bmp, but with interference in objects folder but i did not overwrite any of files in object folder). Maybe that's problem, but i can't check it's right now, because i dont even know what causes crashes, maybe tomorow i'll try it without graphic set.

That's pretty cool mod, i guess, but i even can't handle it to first siege.
~Sorry, english is not my native language.~
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 04:42:35 pm by Lengry »

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: June 26, 2009, 05:38:03 pm »

Could you post the most recent entry in the error log, or better yet send it to captain mayday? the most recent entries are actually at the bottom of the errorlog file.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 26, 2009, 07:42:06 pm »

What if it crashes and the event log is blank? Does that mean I should do a fresh install?

Lengry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 27, 2009, 07:05:38 am »

The whole error log consists of only three entries:
path fail: dwarf,Return Kill,150,172,15 -> 152,174,14: Id #20132:Path Goal Grab Kill:Station Mill Building at 62,94,13.
DOUBLE TAGGED ITEM: Sleep
and
Unrecognized Creature Texture Token: DEFAULT[
But token error appeared many times, and sleep error only two times.
The very last entry is token error too. But I'm not sure is it actual entry of last crash. Btw error message was not DF.exe notice but windows error window. Don't know how exactly it'll be in English (I have Russian windows), but it's probably like "An error has occured and the application will now close"
If I want to send it (or rather further error logs that i'll have) must i send it by PM here or use email on his site?

UPD: So, I reinstal it again without interference in object folder this time. Is cause of error just not occured this time or is it was graphic set cause, but error is not happening, what ever it was.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 06:34:55 pm by Lengry »

jpverkamp

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 30, 2009, 09:34:30 pm »

First, I just wanted to that I really like this mod; however, I've been getting the same sort of random crash.

A few things that I've noticed:

The following definitions have mismatched filenames and first lines (at least in my version):
item_eqpmnt_smallweapon vs item_eqpmnt_weaponsmall
creature_water_cave vs creature_water_vermin
creature_small_flying vs creature_birds
language_SYMLL vs language_SYMLL

Unfortunately it was still crashing, so I checked a little closer and apparently the game was crashing when my craft dwarves were building toys.

So I stopped them from building toys and it seems to have worked.  I cannot see anything obvious in the raws, any ideas?

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 30, 2009, 11:16:06 pm »

First, I just wanted to that I really like this mod; however, I've been getting the same sort of random crash.

A few things that I've noticed:

The following definitions have mismatched filenames and first lines (at least in my version):
item_eqpmnt_smallweapon vs item_eqpmnt_weaponsmall
creature_water_cave vs creature_water_vermin
creature_small_flying vs creature_birds
language_SYMLL vs language_SYMLL

Unfortunately it was still crashing, so I checked a little closer and apparently the game was crashing when my craft dwarves were building toys.

So I stopped them from building toys and it seems to have worked.  I cannot see anything obvious in the raws, any ideas?

Blah, I'll investigate this tonight at work! People please check this out, this can certainly do it.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32