Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 32

Author Topic: Mod: Legendary Lands = Released 1.11e 20-July Read first post!  (Read 78992 times)

BirdoPrey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mod: Legendary Lands = Released 1.11 20-DEC Read first post!
« Reply #315 on: February 07, 2009, 01:35:58 pm »

I was pretty disappointed to check the Legends in my new world and find that i had 2 pages of megabeasts but every single one was dead. Is there no way to make them more easily survive during worldgen? I had a nice site all set up but now it looks like i'll have to generate another world.

TheMirth

• Bay Watcher
  • Titan cancels smash, interrupted by baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 07, 2009, 01:50:14 pm »

Use the same world seed you used before but decrease the % of megabeasts required to be dead before worldgen stops.

The line in world_ben.txt would be [BEAST_END_YEAR:150:40] which will start checking the percentage of megabeasts alive in year 150 and will stop when 40% have expired.

BirdoPrey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 07, 2009, 03:14:57 pm »

Use the same world seed you used before but decrease the % of megabeasts required to be dead before worldgen stops.

The line in world_ben.txt would be [BEAST_END_YEAR:150:40] which will start checking the percentage of megabeasts alive in year 150 and will stop when 40% have expired.

Yeah that's what I ended up doing. Now I've got a world with a couple steel collosi and bane dragons. Should be nice and fun :D

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 07, 2009, 07:14:18 pm »

Yeah that's what I ended up doing. Now I've got a world with a couple steel collosi and bane dragons. Should be nice and fun :D

Also rather dependant on the size of your world. Plus, did you swap to worldgen files before making your new world?
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

BirdoPrey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 07, 2009, 08:33:14 pm »

Also rather dependant on the size of your world. Plus, did you swap to worldgen files before making your new world?

Yeah I switched. In fact I forgot to switch back afterwards, thanks for reminding me :P

World was 129x129. I think it was just an anomaly.

knowbuddyuno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 07, 2009, 11:49:12 pm »

My game's crashing again, Captain. I've got a fortress of 13 (post HFS), and have the game set to seasonal autosaves. Every time I load up my game, I get a couple of notices of thieves being spotted, then "Dwarf Fortress has encountered an error and needs to close." I've got a temperate well forested area on the northern edge of my map, have had one goblin siege and numerous goblin and hobgoblin raids. If there's any other information you need, or if you want my save folder, let me know. I have no additional mods running, not even a graphics set.

TheMirth

• Bay Watcher
  • Titan cancels smash, interrupted by baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 07, 2009, 11:56:23 pm »

Did you try removing the Mill tags for MaidensHair?

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 08, 2009, 10:36:47 am »

My game's crashing again, Captain. I've got a fortress of 13 (post HFS), and have the game set to seasonal autosaves. Every time I load up my game, I get a couple of notices of thieves being spotted, then "Dwarf Fortress has encountered an error and needs to close." I've got a temperate well forested area on the northern edge of my map, have had one goblin siege and numerous goblin and hobgoblin raids. If there's any other information you need, or if you want my save folder, let me know. I have no additional mods running, not even a graphics set.

And any idea what race the thieves are?

knowbuddyuno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 09, 2009, 09:12:59 am »

Hmm. Ok, I took out the Maiden's Hair mill values. The game still crashed after two thieves. Both goblins. I loaded again and tried yet again. This time I got a goblin thief and a goblin master thief. The game then proceeded to not crash, and a dwarven caravan arrived at exactly the moment the game should have crashed. Wish I could remember what I'd requested last time. I backed up the pre-thieves save, and went back to before the caravan arrived, just to make sure the crash after I removed the Maiden's Hair mill tags wasn't an isolated incident. Sure enough, the game crashed again (after only one goblin thief this time). I imagine it's the caravan. Are there any materials besides Maiden's Hair and the Lizardmen/Skalassi that have been shown to need editing?

EDIT: I'm going to list the types of items the caravan brought. Maybe it'll be a clue to what's broken: Bars (I requested every type last time, if I recall correctly), blocks (don't remember requesting these), ropes, instruments, cages, alcohol, barrels, weapons of all types, steel armor, a hood, some mittens, seeds and bulbs, dwarven sugar, dimple dye, bolts, earring, bracelet, large gem, anvil, food, thread, trap mechanisms, and cheese. I'm saving the game where it is, so if you need more detail on any category, let me know.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 09:29:12 am by knowbuddyuno »

BirdoPrey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 09, 2009, 09:14:38 am »

Interesting... In my first summer I just got a small crew of wizard traders. Is this intended? If not that's a pretty cool bug. I bought an anvil from them :D

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 09, 2009, 10:19:47 am »

Hmm. Ok, I took out the Maiden's Hair mill values. The game still crashed after two thieves. Both goblins. I loaded again and tried yet again. This time I got a goblin thief and a goblin master thief. The game then proceeded to not crash, and a dwarven caravan arrived at exactly the moment the game should have crashed. Wish I could remember what I'd requested last time. I backed up the pre-thieves save, and went back to before the caravan arrived, just to make sure the crash after I removed the Maiden's Hair mill tags wasn't an isolated incident. Sure enough, the game crashed again (after only one goblin thief this time). I imagine it's the caravan. Are there any materials besides Maiden's Hair and the Lizardmen/Skalassi that have been shown to need editing?

EDIT: I'm going to list the types of items the caravan brought. Maybe it'll be a clue to what's broken: Bars (I requested every type last time, if I recall correctly), blocks (don't remember requesting these), ropes, instruments, cages, alcohol, barrels, weapons of all types, steel armor, a hood, some mittens, seeds and bulbs, dwarven sugar, dimple dye, bolts, earring, bracelet, large gem, anvil, food, thread, trap mechanisms, and cheese. I'm saving the game where it is, so if you need more detail on any category, let me know.

Hmmm, I know iceberries needed a name fix, but that won't have the impact we're seeing here.
We can pretty much confirm it's going to be an item, then. As I see it its LIKELY to be one of Nagash's additions, since the great majority of my material additions have the DEEP tag and should never be seen with traders.
It could be an extract from some creature. Or maybe the special shadow creature materials.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 09, 2009, 10:21:02 am »

Interesting... In my first summer I just got a small crew of wizard traders. Is this intended? If not that's a pretty cool bug. I bought an anvil from them :D

The wizards often survive quite some time in the game. They will occassionally really last, and stay around until they get involved in a serious war. Usually, though, they've been wiped out by year 500.

BirdoPrey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 09, 2009, 10:43:21 am »

Ah ok, I'm playing in the year 201 (to ensure megabeast survival). Now I guess I'll await the day I the wizard caravan gets ambushed and starts a forest fire.

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 10, 2009, 02:25:42 am »

It's late autumn of the first year.  The avar and dwarf caravans both visited.  I didn't see it at the time, but from the corpses it seems that as they were leaving they encountered some violence.  Probably an Imp Lord.  It's a rough neighborhood.

The dwarves seem to have gotten off the map OK, but the avar are stuck.  I've got two avar merchants and three guards, all scattered around and not moving.  And they all seem to be hovering above the ground.  The merchants just went melancholy; the guards can't be far behind.

How do the Avar carry their stuff?  If the merchants die from madness, will I still be charged for it?

On a completely separate point, I finally looked at the raws and figured out most of what you've done with the metals.  Why hide all that in the raws?  If you want people to play your mod, wouldn't you want to entice them with tales of fabulous treasure?

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 10, 2009, 03:19:44 am »

It's late autumn of the first year.  The avar and dwarf caravans both visited.  I didn't see it at the time, but from the corpses it seems that as they were leaving they encountered some violence.  Probably an Imp Lord.  It's a rough neighborhood.
Hm. Imp lords shouldn't just be running around. Unless they're heading a goblin siege.

The dwarves seem to have gotten off the map OK, but the avar are stuck.  I've got two avar merchants and three guards, all scattered around and not moving.  And they all seem to be hovering above the ground.  The merchants just went melancholy; the guards can't be far behind.

How do the Avar carry their stuff?  If the merchants die from madness, will I still be charged for it?
Yes you will be. And try adding the item thief tag to Avari to stop them from trading.

On a completely separate point, I finally looked at the raws and figured out most of what you've done with the metals.  Why hide all that in the raws?  If you want people to play your mod, wouldn't you want to entice them with tales of fabulous treasure?

There's a readme with all the metal information. Just like Adamantine, Celestrium is supposed to be rare and unusual.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 32