Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 32

Author Topic: Mod: Legendary Lands = Released 1.11e 20-July Read first post!  (Read 78905 times)

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
Re: Mod: Legendary Lands = Released 1.11 20-DEC Read first post!
« Reply #300 on: February 03, 2009, 12:06:30 pm »

there may be no (empty) stockpile to take them to. That's happened to me often enough.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

knowbuddyuno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 03, 2009, 12:25:51 pm »

Nope, I have a fairly large (and very empty) stockpile set up. And it definitely accepts plump helmets, too. I'm currently trying to find the HFS before all my dwarves starve. I'll try a different crop with my next fort (assuming this one fails), to see if it's just the plump helmets.

Edit: I'm an idiot. For some reason the 'Dwarves ignore food' was checked, which I didn't even know existed. So even though they were all set to harvest, it didn't matter. They're currently gorging themselves. Crud, now I have five full fields of plump helmets to store. Oh well, beats the alternative. I must have accidentally checked that option while I was trying to modify the 'forbid' orders.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 12:28:06 pm by knowbuddyuno »

BirdoPrey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 03, 2009, 12:44:43 pm »

After removing those tags my crashing problems seem to have stopped, but now I'm having fairly consistent issues with my mayor getting stuck in infinitely long bookkeeping and work managing jobs. Sometimes resetting him by drafting fixes it but sometimes not. Any idea why this is happening?

edit - I figured out how to get around this... It seems like if he goes directly from one office job to another without moving, the second job will just stall forever. All I have to do is get him to move away from his chair before starting the second one. Kind of annoying but not a big deal.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 01:36:13 pm by BirdoPrey »

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 03, 2009, 09:18:25 pm »

After removing those tags my crashing problems seem to have stopped, but now I'm having fairly consistent issues with my mayor getting stuck in infinitely long bookkeeping and work managing jobs. Sometimes resetting him by drafting fixes it but sometimes not. Any idea why this is happening?

edit - I figured out how to get around this... It seems like if he goes directly from one office job to another without moving, the second job will just stall forever. All I have to do is get him to move away from his chair before starting the second one. Kind of annoying but not a big deal.

Excellent. I don't think the mayor would be an issue with LL. You might try making your mayor and book keeper different dwarves as well. Generally keep a mayor, a sheriff and another guy who does all the real bookwork.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 06, 2009, 04:24:06 am »

I just found some celestrium.  You say that it's valuable.  Do you mean 'valuable' as in worth a lot of money, or 'valuable' as in makes excellent armor and weapons?

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 06, 2009, 06:15:04 am »

I just found some celestrium.  You say that it's valuable.  Do you mean 'valuable' as in worth a lot of money, or 'valuable' as in makes excellent armor and weapons?

Alloys made using it are useful.
It's also very valuable, pricewise.

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 06, 2009, 09:10:07 am »

How do I figure out how useful a given alloy is?  There's a chart in the wiki for copper, iron, steel, adamantium, etc.  Might you be willing to share a similar chart for your new metals?  Because I don't have the patience to figure it out by trial and error.  I wouldn't even know how.

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 06, 2009, 11:38:17 am »

How do I figure out how useful a given alloy is?  There's a chart in the wiki for copper, iron, steel, adamantium, etc.  Might you be willing to share a similar chart for your new metals?  Because I don't have the patience to figure it out by trial and error.  I wouldn't even know how.

If you look in the RAW files, the appropriate numbers are there, and I think one of the alloys is actually better than adamantium, but I ignored most of them because they required flux on my flux-less map.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

TheMirth

• Bay Watcher
  • Titan cancels smash, interrupted by baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 06, 2009, 12:17:49 pm »

You can also look at the description of the bars\ore in game and it will tell you what allows it can make. There's a readme.txt file distributed with the mod that has a list of the new materials appropriate values ( armor and weapon strength, coin value)

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 06, 2009, 06:27:38 pm »

This may be slightly dated but I'm running 1.10 I think and have two Avari merchants with animals sitting in my trade depot. I can trade with them, but they offer nothing despite their animals having goods loaded on them. Also, it took them forever to arrive at the depot for some reason. They just moved really slowly. And now they won't leave, despite there being a message that said the caravan was departing.

Also, there were humans at the depot as well.

Now, I understand that Avari trading is somewhat out of character. Is there a fix for this that I can do without having to regen the world and that won't mess up my save?
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 06, 2009, 07:20:18 pm »

This may be slightly dated but I'm running 1.10 I think and have two Avari merchants with animals sitting in my trade depot. I can trade with them, but they offer nothing despite their animals having goods loaded on them. Also, it took them forever to arrive at the depot for some reason. They just moved really slowly. And now they won't leave, despite there being a message that said the caravan was departing.

Also, there were humans at the depot as well.

Now, I understand that Avari trading is somewhat out of character. Is there a fix for this that I can do without having to regen the world and that won't mess up my save?

You can try making them thieves, but not sure how much luck you'll have with that approach without a regen.
I think it's [ITEM_THIEF] but without looking it up I'm probably wrong.
Kobolds, Lizardmen, and Tigermen all have it.

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 06, 2009, 10:26:01 pm »

There's a readme.txt file distributed with the mod that has a list of the new materials appropriate values ( armor and weapon strength, coin value)
There's definitely a "LL readme first.txt" file, but it's a little 5k file that's vague on the new metals.  Is there some other file that I missed?

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 06, 2009, 10:37:41 pm »

There's a readme.txt file distributed with the mod that has a list of the new materials appropriate values ( armor and weapon strength, coin value)
There's definitely a "LL readme first.txt" file, but it's a little 5k file that's vague on the new metals.  Is there some other file that I missed?

Well, that file should tell you the general uses, and strengths of the new metals. I can't recall if it also tells you how to make them.

TheMirth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 07, 2009, 10:19:46 am »

Below is the appropriate section of the readme. It has the cost value, the Damage % value compared to Iron, the armor(block) % value compared to Iron and what ores\bars you need to smelt together to manufacture the alloy.

There's not much more to add besides color of the alloys.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 10:22:41 am by TheMirth »

TheMirth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 07, 2009, 12:20:22 pm »

Still getting crashes around mid season, even after I removed [amphibiou], [underswim] and [fishitem] from the Skalassi and Lizardmen.

If it's related to a dye, where could I look to remove it from migrant or such clothing choices?

I have a saved game that will consistently crash within a few minutes of play, spring of second year, if that might help narrow things down a bit.

Update: It may be related to the Maiden's Hair Dye. I've never seen the plant when I've played the game so I removed the mill tags  from the plant in matgloss_plant_useable.txt. I reloaded the file and I got migrants where the game had been crashing.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 01:10:15 pm by TheMirth »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 32