Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 32

Author Topic: Mod: Legendary Lands = Released 1.11e 20-July Read first post!  (Read 78883 times)

TheMirth

• Bay Watcher
  • Titan cancels smash, interrupted by baby
    • View Profile
Re: Mod: Legendary Lands = Released 1.11 20-DEC Read first post!
« Reply #270 on: January 12, 2009, 10:19:30 pm »

Most folks are comfortable enough to have done this themselves but I went ahead and tried creating a batch script that just runs dwarfort.exe called dwarf and that satisfies the Legendary lands launcher and lets me use dwarf manager.

Dwarf manager wouldn't find the process when I had renamed dwarfort to simply 'dwarf'

ergh, works on XP but not on 64 bit Vista, will have to rely on my dabbling record keeping and dabbling organizing skills .

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 12, 2009, 11:17:50 pm »

does anything work quite right on Windows 64bit Vista? (I ask this, while typing on a 64 bit vista laptop. I feel brave, tempting Murphy like this)

Edit : and what I meant by this was - do any of the interesting utilities people have created work with bedratted 64 bit vista?
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

[5th]Lupin

• Bay Watcher
  • Since '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 13, 2009, 04:53:03 am »

So I followed the instructions and generated a world using the proper files and this happened..

Thanks to this rather.. excessive amount of events and figures, my save games now take roughly 10 or so minutes to save, and are upwards of 135 MBs in size.

Surely this can't be right. I used the mods preset "MEDIUMHILLY" to generate the map.

I'm assuming there's no way to rectify the situation, and I'll just have to live with the long loading and saving times (since I don't want to abandon my fort).

I'm guessing if I decide to make another land, changing CULL_HISTORICAL_FIGURES:0 to 1 would be in my best interest.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 15, 2009, 02:13:22 am »

In vanilla DF there's about half as many animals, or less. There's also far fewer entities, and the default settings limit TOTAL world population of the entity races to 20,000. It also culls events and history down to the notable stuff. There are no such restrictions on MediumHilly.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

[5th]Lupin

• Bay Watcher
  • Since '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 15, 2009, 05:06:06 am »

In vanilla DF there's about half as many animals, or less. There's also far fewer entities, and the default settings limit TOTAL world population of the entity races to 20,000. It also culls events and history down to the notable stuff. There are no such restrictions on MediumHilly.

Figured as much. I guess I'll have to turn culling on next time.

Thanks for the reply.

jasonxfri13th

• Bay Watcher
  • He is Jesus and Raptor combined!
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 21, 2009, 10:43:54 pm »

Are there graphics for the new races?

Also how often are there sieges? I want to defend attack relatively soon... and how big are they?
right now I just took out 15 goblins with 3 swordsmen (2 died) (I was redoing the stairs of my tower, and what do you know? siege!) and the other 30 goblins ran away...

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 22, 2009, 02:17:18 am »

That tends to happen if you take out leaders of the squads.

jasonxfri13th

• Bay Watcher
  • He is Jesus and Raptor combined!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 22, 2009, 10:49:37 am »

but are there graphics for the new races?

TheMirth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 22, 2009, 10:51:11 am »

Loving the mod. Ok, I was expecting the Rhino to crush my axed dwarf but I was NOT expecting a giraffe to kill 1 wrestler and seriously wound my My Ultra Mighty and Extremely tough hammer dwarf. Probably would've killed more if the thing wasn't focused on running for its life the whole time. I only tried to kill it because it wandered into my fort and stomped a war dog to death, after that it just wanted out.  :'(

/must build armor for my next year.

TheMirth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 22, 2009, 10:53:19 am »

Just using the ascii here but h is hobgoblin, l lizardman, T tigerman, S (I forget what they're called but the slitheraki or something) and I haven't been besieged by avars yet so dunno about them.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 22, 2009, 08:34:42 pm »

Nope, but I suck at making them. If somebody else wanted to help out in that respect, I'd gladly add graphical support.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 27, 2009, 08:38:53 am »

Okay, it appears I missed something with the Frozen Wind. Please make sure your creature_mega.txt file has them at SPEED:200 for play files. Otherwise they'll kick the living bejeezus out of you.

LumenPlacidum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 27, 2009, 11:15:31 am »

Hahaha, I had an adventurer who went around slaughtering Frozen Winds.  I was getting bored with them because even when they hit they never dealt damage and would just spam me with like 20 attacks between each of my turns.  Of course, the adventurer was really skilled and would kill them on counterstrikes, but still.  Maybe it was an old version.

TheMirth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 27, 2009, 11:23:13 am »

Do you get counterstrikes in fortress mode?

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 27, 2009, 11:24:45 am »

Hahaha, I had an adventurer who went around slaughtering Frozen Winds.  I was getting bored with them because even when they hit they never dealt damage and would just spam me with like 20 attacks between each of my turns.  Of course, the adventurer was really skilled and would kill them on counterstrikes, but still.  Maybe it was an old version.

Hm. That's something of a concern. They do cold damage, so maybe they just don't do enough damage to affect something much bigger than them.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 32