Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 32

Author Topic: Mod: Legendary Lands = Released 1.11e 20-July Read first post!  (Read 78932 times)

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
Re: Mod: Legendary Lands = Released 1.10 22-OCT Read first post!
« Reply #210 on: December 12, 2008, 08:18:15 pm »

Hey,

I'm planning on using this mod for a story/community fortress continuation so I'll do what I can to help bug-test things for you Mayday. From what I've seen of it so far it should make life a lot more interesting for the dwarves. Thanks for all your great work.

Thanks for testing it out. I've got another release being cooked up to hopefully resolve some issues. It's nearly done, but contains new content you won't see if you're using an existing world.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Gamerofthegame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 12, 2008, 08:37:14 pm »

I seem to have the opposite; I have super valued items. Like a large silver dagger was worth 43k or something like that... Though I noticed the weapons for the caravan were all high as well, with everything else low. Not sure if that is how it should be or not, but meh. Means I could buy out a caravan of everything else with a dagger, hee.

On a side note. It'd be nice if in the readme it said the particular values of the new metals. That is one thing that probably needs more saying then anything else, I think... Even if one could dig through the raw(r)s for it.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 12, 2008, 09:03:43 pm »

I seem to have the opposite; I have super valued items. Like a large silver dagger was worth 43k or something like that... Though I noticed the weapons for the caravan were all high as well, with everything else low. Not sure if that is how it should be or not, but meh. Means I could buy out a caravan of everything else with a dagger, hee.

On a side note. It'd be nice if in the readme it said the particular values of the new metals. That is one thing that probably needs more saying then anything else, I think... Even if one could dig through the raw(r)s for it.

Agreed, I'll add the info to the readme.

Large silver daggers should never be worth that much. Quite simply it should be impossible.
Silver has a value of 80, A large silver dagger should still have the same value if it's unimproved.
A large silver dagger wanted by the other civ to the point where they're willing to pay max price for it shouldn't get anywhere close to value 1000, let alone 43000.

As a request from now on, when noting this issue, please advise:
Race trading.
Whether there were other traders at the time.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 11:16:25 pm by Captain Mayday »

Gamerofthegame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 13, 2008, 02:10:07 am »

Ah, yes. At the time it was a bit of a cluster**** of folk; Three at once. Two humans and one Avar to be exact, though I believe the high price stayed... I didn't keep the dagger about. However, the other stuff is still pricey.

On a side note... I've noticed signifigant frame rate issues when a Avar. caravan moves. Staying at the depot is fine, though it gets choppy moving to and from the depot. The other races, though, are perfectly fine. I'm just tossing this out now, without checking to see if it was already said. So. I've a good build for the game at hand, too.

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 13, 2008, 02:35:53 am »

Ah, yes. At the time it was a bit of a cluster**** of folk; Three at once. Two humans and one Avar to be exact, though I believe the high price stayed... I didn't keep the dagger about. However, the other stuff is still pricey.

On a side note... I've noticed signifigant frame rate issues when a Avar. caravan moves. Staying at the depot is fine, though it gets choppy moving to and from the depot. The other races, though, are perfectly fine. I'm just tossing this out now, without checking to see if it was already said. So. I've a good build for the game at hand, too.

It is a known bug that flying races cause problems.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 13, 2008, 03:56:54 am »

I'm not sure if this is by design or a bug, but elves no longer seem to be offended when offered offending items, like bone or meat.

Also lots of items in the trade window show up as having a cost of 0,-- ( both items owned by the trader and by me) I'm not experienced enough with DF to know for sure that this is not just me being a crappy appraiser.

Anyhow having a great time with this mod, I'm looking forward to future versions.

:|  I was hoping this would no longer be an issue with unvalued items.
That said, do you only notice this when multiple traders are at the depot at the same time?
Also the elves are the only traders at the depot (first caravan of the second year)
here's a screenshot:

As for the Elves, I'm not sure that's my doing, but I'll check it out.

Legendary lands is the only mod I have installed.
Hope this helps.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 13, 2008, 05:07:36 am »

Ha, ethical works, now take all of this bone stuff, ha, ha, ha.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 13, 2008, 08:56:11 am »

I'm not sure if this is by design or a bug, but elves no longer seem to be offended when offered offending items, like bone or meat.

Also lots of items in the trade window show up as having a cost of 0,-- ( both items owned by the trader and by me) I'm not experienced enough with DF to know for sure that this is not just me being a crappy appraiser.

Anyhow having a great time with this mod, I'm looking forward to future versions.

:|  I was hoping this would no longer be an issue with unvalued items.
That said, do you only notice this when multiple traders are at the depot at the same time?
Also the elves are the only traders at the depot (first caravan of the second year)
here's a screenshot:

As for the Elves, I'm not sure that's my doing, but I'll check it out.

Legendary lands is the only mod I have installed.
Hope this helps.

Do they accept the items if you try to trade them?

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 13, 2008, 09:13:08 am »

The game moved on, and the traders have left, so I can't run any tests untill the next caravan arrives, but I remember a few details.

The elves were not offended when they were offered unethical goods, and they would even add them in counter offers they proposed themselves (also including zero value items).

Trades that included only zero value goods were refused if I recall correctly, but trading of normal goods worked fine. I'm not sure if I tried a deal with normal goods that also included a zero value item. I'll keep you informed about pricing of the next caravan's goods, and their ethical values.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 09:36:52 am by Bralbaard »

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 15, 2008, 12:25:37 pm »

Okay, so, a few things have been sorted out.
Skalassi, Lizardmen and Tigermen now top out at iron equipment.
They've also been cut back in terms of when they turn up.
I've modified languages again, and lizardmen and tigermen have a larger pool of name possibilities.

I've also altered the body files. I've changed throats to be parts of necks, and neck is no longer the spine. This is now the 'cervical column'. Both cervical column and throats now attach to the neck, which properly links body to head.
Over the next little while I'll be clearing out the massive amount of clutter in the body files. Hopefully by cutting down on this stuff I can reduce the incidence of CTD's.

There's also a much greater number of monsters to place you in peril in terrifying regions.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 19, 2008, 07:03:07 pm »

Okay, just bumping due to a very upcoming release of LL 1.11.
The only thing I'm waiting for is DFFD to come back up.
This will be the last one before the new version of DF.

You might notice some extra slowness in worldgen, but this seems to be attributed to the fiends I added to make evil regions interesting.
As a last minute thing I've added Darkelves. They're still the 'elf' creature, but if they're not at war with you they'll likely be a better trading partner. Let me know how they turn out for you.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mod: Legendary Lands = Released 1.11 20-DEC Read first post!
« Reply #221 on: December 19, 2008, 09:46:51 pm »

Something for you guys to trial: Have your neck 'slashed off' in adventure mode.
Tell me what happens.
I haven't managed to get this to happen to me.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 21, 2008, 05:03:20 am »

I'm downloading it right now, I won't be testing adventure mode soon as I'm in the middle of a fortress game, but I'll let you know about any problems I come across in that game.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 21, 2008, 06:39:59 am »

I'm downloading it right now, I won't be testing adventure mode soon as I'm in the middle of a fortress game, but I'll let you know about any problems I come across in that game.

It bears noting that you can't move your game across to the new raws.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 21, 2008, 07:22:39 am »

Just noticed that. So I might start an adventurer after all.

Edit: started an adventurer, and didn't get beheaded, did manage to behead some wolves though, their heads flew off in beautifull arcs. don't know how usefull that information is. A warg slowly chewed me to death not much later.

Started a new fortress afterwards in an area crowded with undead ducks and swans and had something odd happen, four of my five surviving dwarves got in a fight with a zombie duck, but not much was happening. They were just standing there, nobody was receiving any new wounds, I couldn't even pull them out of combat by removing them from the military. They got thirsty from standing there and poor Urist even fainted from exertion, My remaining dwarf finally managed to rescue them by killing the duck for them.

I remember there was a similar bug a while ago in vanilla df, it had something to do with dwarves trying to strangle undead (and thus nonbreathing) creatures, I believe that was fixed though. Could this somehow have reemerged in your mod?

« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 04:47:36 pm by Bralbaard »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 32