Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 32

Author Topic: Mod: Legendary Lands = Released 1.11e 20-July Read first post!  (Read 78944 times)

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
Re: Mod: Legendary Lands = Released 1.10 22-OCT Read first post!
« Reply #195 on: November 24, 2008, 02:49:39 am »

You could diversify humans - I mean their names and associated flavour stuff, something like "Imperials", "Barbarians", "Tribesmen", "Midhumans" or else. It will make distinguishing them more easy - both for trading and war purposes.

(BTW, I you'd want it, I could post you dwurves, civilization of bearded bastards I always play using LL.)

I was thinking I'd add more human languages. The entities are already diversified. To diversify their names more, I'd need to make them separate creatures, and that has the unfortunate consequence of not allowing them to interbreed.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 01, 2008, 10:33:52 pm »

Where can I find more detail on the changes you've made, like to agriculture or item values?  Or do we just experiment and figure it out on our own?  And what is worm root?

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 02, 2008, 02:12:52 am »

Where can I find more detail on the changes you've made, like to agriculture or item values?  Or do we just experiment and figure it out on our own?  And what is worm root?

Well, experimenting and figuring it on your own is probably the best way. Worm root is another sort of crop, an evil crop from memory.
You can check the original raws and item files against the new ones if you want the changes. To be honest, I didn't document all the changes because there were so many.

Ademisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 04, 2008, 05:16:54 pm »

Figured this would be the best place to post this: my game keeps crashing due to some .exe runtime error. I'm barely through my first year and my game already crashed over 10 times. The crash doesn't always happen at one spot, sometimes I can get past it, but this time my save is too close to the crash so nothing I do can help me avoid it. I downloaded and installed LL unto an unmodded DF if that helps.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 04, 2008, 11:26:37 pm »

Figured this would be the best place to post this: my game keeps crashing due to some .exe runtime error. I'm barely through my first year and my game already crashed over 10 times. The crash doesn't always happen at one spot, sometimes I can get past it, but this time my save is too close to the crash so nothing I do can help me avoid it. I downloaded and installed LL unto an unmodded DF if that helps.

Anything in the error log?
Also, how's the memory usage at the time of the crash?

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 05, 2008, 02:21:45 am »

my tigerman seems to have stopped gaining swimming skill.
any help with this?

tbh this just shouldn't happen. Note sure what would cause this.
Possibly this is a result of the SLOW_LEARNER tag.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 05, 2008, 10:22:59 am »

Just because I don't have the time right now to trial this, I was wondering if I could get you guys to replace the conent of your entity_avari.txt file with the following, and tell me if the buggers still turn up to trade.
My bet is that they do. Just need confirmation please.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ademisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 05, 2008, 11:16:16 am »

There didn't seem to be anything in the error log, and the memory usage was normal. I could send you the whole folder so you can check it out if you want.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 05, 2008, 08:09:13 pm »

There didn't seem to be anything in the error log, and the memory usage was normal. I could send you the whole folder so you can check it out if you want.

No need, because I sometimes get it too. I've yet to determine the cause.
I just can't determine what it is, because there's no error log, which is rather frustrating
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 11:20:27 pm by Captain Mayday »

Micr0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 07, 2008, 11:29:27 am »

For some reason this keeps crashing randomly. I had a pretty good fortress started and was playing for about an hour and a half when all of a sudden it crashes.

It also crashed while embarking one time.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 07, 2008, 10:29:23 pm »

I suppose this is prety selfish to ask but could someone make a file with the non-setting non-special-body-file specific monsters in it? I'd appreciate it.  :-*

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 08, 2008, 01:16:44 am »

I suppose this is prety selfish to ask but could someone make a file with the non-setting non-special-body-file specific monsters in it? I'd appreciate it.  :-*

I suppose this will be less of an issue in the next version. But really, I'm not sure how many of the creatures have stock body parts. I've been pretty intent on getting the creatures to use my standardised body parts.

It's possible that this is one of the reasons there may be crashing. I'll honestly try to work down the number of crashes.
In the meantime, if people would be so kind to test this, try removing random creature files (apart from the civvers file of course). See if this will stop the crashes. That way, I could figure where to look for the issue.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 12, 2008, 02:27:18 pm »

I'm not sure if this is by design or a bug, but elves no longer seem to be offended when offered offending items, like bone or meat.

Also lots of items in the trade window show up as having a cost of 0,-- ( both items owned by the trader and by me) I'm not experienced enough with DF to know for sure that this is not just me being a crappy appraiser.

Anyhow having a great time with this mod, I'm looking forward to future versions.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 12, 2008, 02:40:28 pm »

Hey,

I'm planning on using this mod for a story/community fortress continuation so I'll do what I can to help bug-test things for you Mayday. From what I've seen of it so far it should make life a lot more interesting for the dwarves. Thanks for all your great work.
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 12, 2008, 08:16:52 pm »

I'm not sure if this is by design or a bug, but elves no longer seem to be offended when offered offending items, like bone or meat.

Also lots of items in the trade window show up as having a cost of 0,-- ( both items owned by the trader and by me) I'm not experienced enough with DF to know for sure that this is not just me being a crappy appraiser.

Anyhow having a great time with this mod, I'm looking forward to future versions.

:|  I was hoping this would no longer be an issue with unvalued items.
That said, do you only notice this when multiple traders are at the depot at the same time?

As for the Elves, I'm not sure that's my doing, but I'll check it out.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 32