Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 32

Author Topic: Mod: Legendary Lands = Released 1.11e 20-July Read first post!  (Read 78986 times)

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mod: Legendary Lands = Released 1.10 22-OCT Read first post!
« Reply #150 on: October 22, 2008, 03:41:56 am »

Wow you weren't kidding when you said you took pretty much everything. And I wasn't even sure most of that was a good idea in the first place!

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #151 on: October 22, 2008, 01:21:31 pm »

Thanks for this one, Mayday
Since I'm playing in ASCII now, gonna give it a shot!
<3

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 29, 2008, 10:08:03 pm »

I'm interested in peoples feedback on this, so please let me know.
In this version, I've tried to make Avari trade properly. Please let me know if this doesn't work and I'll keep trying to make them simply kill you instead.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

LumenPlacidum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 30, 2008, 09:47:28 am »

I'm not sure how you did this, but I generated another amazing LL world.  I like using continental map parameters for this mod.  Basically, there're two vast goblin empires that have pushed other civs to their own little islands, except for one human group that's protected by a short distance of savage lands.  The goblins are just throwing hammers of 5-8 thousand goblins against any human villages that crop up within range.  The humans defend with about a thousand people but always get cut down to the last man.  The goblins are actually led by a single human who leads ALL of these attacks, and has for the last several hundred years.

Actually, that brings me to a point; were goblins and hobgoblins supposed to generate immortal human and dwarfs to be their site leaders?  It's not that they do so by babysnatching and then having tangled family lines.  They're generated with the civ at the start of the world, like demons are in vanilla.

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 30, 2008, 12:20:43 pm »

Yeah.  Those "humans" are actually demons in mortal guise.  Read the documentation, mate.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

LumenPlacidum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 30, 2008, 01:19:11 pm »

that would explain why the "human" bitchslapped my avatar adventurer once, tossing him backwards 40 squares to explode all over his tower.  I find it actually rather awesome that this demon in mortal skin has basically been performing one particular atrocity for his entire existence.  He's been attacking these towns, taking tons of prisoners and corpses, and stretching their skin over his tower.  The tower is covered in the skins of like, 10,000 humans by now.  So, as he wears skin, so shall his home.  Creepy.

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 30, 2008, 09:23:26 pm »

I typically think of those 'Humans' and 'Dwarves' like Ganondorf.  It just sort of jumped out at me when it listed the attack as a backhand and gave it that much damage.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 09:26:40 pm by Nonanonymous »

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 30, 2008, 10:05:20 pm »

that would explain why the "human" bitchslapped my avatar adventurer once, tossing him backwards 40 squares to explode all over his tower.  I find it actually rather awesome that this demon in mortal skin has basically been performing one particular atrocity for his entire existence.  He's been attacking these towns, taking tons of prisoners and corpses, and stretching their skin over his tower.  The tower is covered in the skins of like, 10,000 humans by now.  So, as he wears skin, so shall his home.  Creepy.

Honestly that sounds awesome.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 31, 2008, 07:55:36 am »

Current status:
Most recently I've split the existing Body_default file into several others folder.
Along the way I've removed some of the body definitions, and restructured others.

Hopefully, this should allow me to expand a bit easier in future.
I'm aware of the coming changes to the body raws in the coming versions, so breaking it down like this should make it easier to quickly reference the parts I need to upgrade them.

Anyway, onto EVIL! Terrifying in particular.
Currently it seems like there's just not enough EVIL SAVAGE stuff to up the threat level on Terrifying biomes.
Any suggestions at this point would be marvellous.

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 31, 2008, 01:16:58 pm »

Recently had my first caravan for a new fort come. Hobgoblins. They came up, leading their donkeys, and immediately destroyed my depot. Very nice of them. They then went and destroyed every single building I had. Workshops, furnaces, everything. And they spammed me about needing a depot.

How do I keep this from occurring? I don't want peaceful merchants walking around my fort destroying things. I can't even have my soldiers kill them because they're not hostile.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 31, 2008, 08:12:19 pm »

Recently had my first caravan for a new fort come. Hobgoblins. They came up, leading their donkeys, and immediately destroyed my depot. Very nice of them. They then went and destroyed every single building I had. Workshops, furnaces, everything. And they spammed me about needing a depot.

How do I keep this from occurring? I don't want peaceful merchants walking around my fort destroying things. I can't even have my soldiers kill them because they're not hostile.

So sorry, I'll fix it up for next release. This is due to their Building Destroyer tag. Please remove it if it's giving you grief.

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 31, 2008, 10:49:38 pm »

So sorry, I'll fix it up for next release. This is due to their Building Destroyer tag. Please remove it if it's giving you grief.

Thanks a lot. I'll try that.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 01, 2008, 09:07:15 pm »

Anyway, onto EVIL! Terrifying in particular.
Currently it seems like there's just not enough EVIL SAVAGE stuff to up the threat level on Terrifying biomes.
Any suggestions at this point would be marvellous.

In the same vein as the tourists that run around my worlds (think macaques, only dwarf-size and using an amusing graphic tile posted by Eiba IIRC a long time ago), I would add lawyers or tax collectors to terrifying biomes.  But since you probably don't want anything silly in your mod...

How about rancors?  Or shoggoths?  Imps and demons from the Doom series?  Trollocs, half-men, and other such WoT critters?  Someone (mover005 according to my notes) posted headless and mongbats from Ultima quite some time back.  Rampaging automatons built by the Ancients?

Or, from real world mythology, maybe nuckalavee (might make a better semimegabeast than roaming beastie)?  Or banshee?  Jötnar, or whatever the Norse frost giants are called?

As for (semi)megabeasts, maybe rakshasa.  Or whatever the hell Grendel is.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 09:09:29 pm by Earthquake Damage »

popers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 03, 2008, 05:06:09 am »

Recently had my first caravan for a new fort come. Hobgoblins. They came up, leading their donkeys, and immediately destroyed my depot. Very nice of them.

Yeah, that pissed me off as well. So far the only way to deal with those deceptive hobgoblins is to smash a couple of bridges onto them. That usually teaches them a lesson- After such treatment they tend to come armed and dangerous, like every self-respecting hobgoblin should.
And regarding the level of EVIL in terrifying biomes- I fell kind of disappointed. I was expecting some hard-core survival test for my expedition and all I got was a bunch of skeletal-ducks. Zombie-swans aren't that scary either. I know it's just my luck probably, but if I embark in a terrifying location, I want to be scared shitless.
just a tought. Great mod nonetheless.
It's not like I haven't tried, but building a mech out of bridges may be a tad above my engineering skill.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 03, 2008, 09:44:56 am »

Recently had my first caravan for a new fort come. Hobgoblins. They came up, leading their donkeys, and immediately destroyed my depot. Very nice of them.

Yeah, that pissed me off as well. So far the only way to deal with those deceptive hobgoblins is to smash a couple of bridges onto them. That usually teaches them a lesson- After such treatment they tend to come armed and dangerous, like every self-respecting hobgoblin should.
And regarding the level of EVIL in terrifying biomes- I fell kind of disappointed. I was expecting some hard-core survival test for my expedition and all I got was a bunch of skeletal-ducks. Zombie-swans aren't that scary either. I know it's just my luck probably, but if I embark in a terrifying location, I want to be scared shitless.
just a tought. Great mod nonetheless.

Yep, hence my push for EVIL SAVAGE beasts at the moment. The terrifying biome type lacks a good variety of creatures.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 32