Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 32

Author Topic: Mod: Legendary Lands = Released 1.11e 20-July Read first post!  (Read 78897 times)

Slade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mod: Legendary Lands = Released 1.05 3/6
« Reply #90 on: June 13, 2008, 03:22:00 pm »

Nope, they were definitely not stairs straight down. I ended up having to work my way back up the keep from the bottom, and the mountain homes used all ramps, not stairs.

Also woo for more features! Though I am afraid to play fortress mode because I'd have to pretty much re-learn DF. :P Some time soon I shall, though!

LumenPlacidum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2008, 04:03:00 pm »

Well I'll be.  Bronze is harder than iron?!  Wikipedia agrees with you, but I wouldn't have thought so.  Apparently iron only took over after bronze due to its being easier to acquire.

You should make starmetal ridiculously heavy.  You know, as a reason to not make a weapon directly out of it.

Also, wouldn't steel + chromium be stainless steel?

[ June 13, 2008: Message edited by: LumenPlacidum ]

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 14, 2008, 01:01:00 am »

Another solution for starmetal is to remove it's to set it's damage/block values low. We're interested in the alloy not in its component.

And after examining that Toady's objects folder from devlog it looks like there's not too much to alter in raws so we'll port mods easily.

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 14, 2008, 07:55:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by LumenPlacidum:
<STRONG>Also, wouldn't steel + chromium be stainless steel?</STRONG>

Quite right. Celestrium is a trademarked name of a specific alloy of stainless steel. I think the name has a better fantasy ring to it, however, than stainless steel, which is why I picked it out.

Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 14, 2008, 08:00:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Deon:
<STRONG>Another solution for starmetal is to remove it's to set it's damage/block values low. We're interested in the alloy not in its component.

And after examining that Toady's objects folder from devlog it looks like there's not too much to alter in raws so we'll port mods easily.</STRONG>

Looks like there are no relevant changes in the metals at least.
Starmetal cannot be used in anything, as the amount you get of it is ridiculously small.

LumenPlacidum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 16, 2008, 04:09:52 pm »

Gray dragons just fall over and suffocate when you find them.  Lacking lungs?

Kilowatt

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what this does...
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 16, 2008, 06:32:13 pm »

That was my first modding mistake. :-\
But, to answer your  question, Most likely. I haven't tried it yet, gonna give it a spin real quick.

EDIT: IT DOES NOT WORK. The races in adventure mode are blank, and the only one that does show is "black piranha of Blarger"

Elp?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 06:53:12 pm by Kilowatt »

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 17, 2008, 04:51:27 am »

Sorry about the Dragons. They're thoroughly fixed in the version at my end, which will be released at the same time as the new version of DF.
Currently also involved in fixing giant spiders. Martial Arts mod features seeming to cause crashes in the game.

As for the other issue, see first post for details.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 17, 2008, 01:06:55 pm »

Updated to 1.06.
This version is all-but ready for the next release. I already have the file to adjust it on hand, so that'll be a quick update.

This update, however, has plenty of new content.

If you see any weird new metals in the hands of anyone but the Tigermen, please let me know immediately.

In the end, I simply went with a number of alloys of Celestrium, aka starmetal.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mod: Legendary Lands = Released 1.06 18/6 Read first post!
« Reply #99 on: June 18, 2008, 05:28:35 am »

Generating a standard-sized world with this mod is turning out to be a real pain for me (and my computer). I have now tried twice, the first attempt came to a halt just after year 800 and the second at 968. It takes so much resources from my computer that it says the game isn't responding, but still (very slowly) goes on with the worldgen. I'll try a third time with priority set on high to prevent my computer from forgetting about it and hopefully the gen will make the (almost complete) stop somewhere around 1040 or not at all.

After this much effort I'll definitely explore and enjoy the mod thoroughly. With so much more events and everything this mod seems very interesting.

I also noticed you seem to have put tags from the next release in the mod already. They get listed in the errorlog. ;D

P.S. I probably should make a medium world, but I just want to get everything. So I'll do the medium if this third try won't work.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 05:42:33 am by LASD »

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 18, 2008, 08:34:05 am »

Generating a standard-sized world with this mod is turning out to be a real pain for me (and my computer). I have now tried twice, the first attempt came to a halt just after year 800 and the second at 968. It takes so much resources from my computer that it says the game isn't responding, but still (very slowly) goes on with the worldgen. I'll try a third time with priority set on high to prevent my computer from forgetting about it and hopefully the gen will make the (almost complete) stop somewhere around 1040 or not at all.

After this much effort I'll definitely explore and enjoy the mod thoroughly. With so much more events and everything this mod seems very interesting.

I also noticed you seem to have put tags from the next release in the mod already. They get listed in the errorlog. ;D

P.S. I probably should make a medium world, but I just want to get everything. So I'll do the medium if this third try won't work.

Mine goes like that all the time. It gets there eventually.

LumenPlacidum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 25, 2008, 11:05:24 pm »

Oh.  Did you make goblins immune to traps?  I was just smashed by a group of goblin hammerers when they walked through my gate traps.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 26, 2008, 12:44:15 am »

Oh.  Did you make goblins immune to traps?  I was just smashed by a group of goblin hammerers when they walked through my gate traps.

No. I did give them [LOCKPICKER] but that shouldn't let the avoid traps, since kobolds can't.

bittersweet

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 03, 2008, 05:18:57 pm »

Wow, first time running this mod.  I gen a world and its 2,860,000 something historical events.  Surprised my computer survived a standard world gen.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 03, 2008, 08:17:46 pm »

No. I did give them [LOCKPICKER] but that shouldn't let the avoid traps, since kobolds can't.
Kobolds Do avoid traps.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 32